PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Lost From The Suns As Expected Today!!!

Manu_Ginobili
03-09-2008, 05:49 PM
before the Game I stated that the Suns were/are desperate for something positive and would insist stronger on winning...I said, If the Spurs would WIN today, the Suns would enter the Playoffs mentally weak, and might lose in the 1st round, depending on who they play!!!

The minute I saw the WHITE shirts on the Road (ZERO WINS FOR THE SPURS ON THE ROAD BY PLAYING WHITE SHIRTS!) I expected that LOSS - also, foolish POP played a 1/2 court game, and we LOST - the problem with Pop is he needs 1-2 games to lose in order to figure out on how to beat teams with new configurations on the floor, so the Spurs' record suffer from that - the only thing Pop needed to do is to watch the last 3 losses of the Suns at home - they were out-hasstled by the other teams, out-runned as well. The Suns are NOT "out of the woods" just yet - if they play NO Hornets or Dallas in the 1st round in the Playoffs, they might lose...THEY GOT A BIG HELP FROM THE REFS TODAY DOWN THE STRETCH - the WAY THE SPURS WERE PLAYING SO POORLY TODAY, the Suns escaped with 2-3 questionable calls:

2:28 min. left - Thomas took a CLEAR charge on Amare - Amare should've been called in his 6th foul, instead he got FTs and remained in the game to win it later on...

Less than 2 min. to go - Manu Ginobili drove to the Basket, and it was HIT by Shaq (for his 6th foul), BUT NO call - this also decided the game right there - instead of getting 2 pts, the Spurs got 2 against them AFTER THAT...

THIS IS YOUR GAME RIGHT THERE...

Tim Duncan, who supposed to be the f. leader of this team, made 2 critical TOs with less than 5 minutes to play, and missed several layups down the stretch(???!!!)...he couldn't make a single shot, but Pop kept going with him - TIM BASICALLY GAVE THE GAME AWAY...The Spurs PLAYED POORLY anyway, they didn't deserve to win today , so we CAN'T blame the Refs - the Suns were at home, and were expected to get help from the refs (especially a payback for last year)....Even though the way the Spurs played (so poorly today!!!), by being held for just 34.9% shooting (JUST TERRIBLE!!!), they still had a chance to win it in the end, however, Popovich needs to increase the tempo BIG TIME next time we play these guys. Also, the bench was simply terrible as well:

...Only 12 pts as Udoka and Oberto gave us something - that's NOT going to be enough to win it ALL - Also Finley, as a starter is just terrible as well - OLD DONKEY - 0-6 from the field today and he was on the floor for 22 minutes??? WHAT A WASTE - I have no idea WHY Bonner didn't play ANY Minutes today??? Vaughn was on the floor only for 0:13 sec, meaning Pop was saving him for tomorrow to guard A. Iverson in a B2B game. The Spurs need to give more minutes to Udoka, they also need Brent Barry badly to comeback and give them some 3s and to spread the floor...Bowen needs to give us some offense the same he did against the Mavs recently - he had only 3 pts today, NOT enough for anything...

Tomorrow's game against the Nuggets is CRITICAL right now - the Nuggets are fighting bad for a playoff spot, and they will PUSH hard tomorrow to beat us again!!! If the Spurs lose tomorrow at home - I see it now 60%/40% chance they might lose again - then, there is a possibility for them to lose 5 in a row because they are going to play against NO and the Pistons away - 2 very tough places to be right now...

Time for Popovich to re-think strategies and go back to basics on what got him to the first place in the West, a place currently reserved for LA LAKERS...

GO MANU!!!

davi78239
03-09-2008, 05:57 PM
In a previous thread, I had called a loss for today and all for about the same reasons you mentioned above (except the superstition white jersey thing). But for tomorrow, I'm calling for a 10+ point win by the spurs.

BIG z
03-09-2008, 06:44 PM
i will be worried if they beat us in a playoff series...

duncan228
03-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Tim Duncan...made 2 critical TOs with less than 5 minutes to play...

Everything I'm finding has Duncan with 1 turnover.

Not disagreeing that he had a lousy game, just correcting the stat.

word
03-09-2008, 06:52 PM
This game, whilel frustrating to watch, made me no more fearful of the Suns.. I feared the Marion version Suns more than this one. Love to meet 'em in the playoffs. That's a guaranteed 'move on' to the next round opponent. I'll take playing Phoenix over Dallas, Utah and LA ANY DAY in a playoff series. Of all the possible playoff opponents, them and Denver worry me the least.

Manu_Ginobili
03-09-2008, 07:46 PM

yes, so, but those 3 plays below were critical for the loss in the 4th quarter:

9:36 Tim Duncan lost ball (Raja Bell steals) 75-69

9:22 Amare Stoudemire makes 14-foot jumper 75-71

2:42 Tim Duncan misses layup 85-85

0:34 Tim Duncan misses layup 87-92

Kori Ellis
03-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Tim Duncan, who supposed to be the f. leader of this team, made 2 critical TOs with less than 5 minutes to play, and missed several layups down the stretch(???!!!)...he couldn't make a single shot, but Pop kept going with him - TIM BASICALLY GAVE THE GAME AWAY

Ginobili Free Throw Technical missed 5:03
Ginobili Turnover:Bad Pass (5 TO)
Ginobili 3pt Shot: Missed 2:13
Ginobili Jump Bank Shot: Missed 0:59
Ginobili Foul:Personal (4 PF) 0:46
Ginobili Layup Shot: Missed 0:47

Umm... Manu missed 4 out 5 shots, had a pretty dumb foul and a turnover in the last five minutes too. Stop blaming Duncan.

The WHOLE team sucked in the last five minutes

duncan228
03-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Stop blaming Duncan.

:)

polandprzem
03-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Umm... Manu missed 4 out 5 shots, had a pretty dumb foul and a turnover in the last five minutes too. Stop blaming Duncan.

We can blame any player I can say.
Tim was lost, Manu was forcing too much, TP did not use screens good enough, Mike was non-existance on O ...

hmm losing to Denver will be hard to swallow

IMO this loss to tyhe Suns was more needed then the other loses. Nobody will give you something for free in NBA. If you think you will get something you are done

timmy21_4rings
03-09-2008, 08:09 PM
I would blame TD for not forcing the issue. He could have been aggressive and forced 6th fouls on Amare or Shaq. Pop should have recognized this and run all the plays to Duncan.

Manu's foul is very silly too.

DarrinS
03-09-2008, 08:13 PM
This loss is 100% mental, IMHO.

The Suns looked desperate for a win and the Spurs looked, well, rather bored.

When you have two of the best Suns' players with 5 fouls apiece and you don't go AT THEM, something is not right.

Just my 2 cents.

By the way, D'Antoni is still depriving someone of oxygen.

gameFACE
03-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Manu and Tim's missed layups and jump shots in the last 5 minutes were missed opportunities. D'Asani got a technical with about 5:minutes left in the game. If the Spurs shots go down the momentum doesn't gain for the Suns. The Suns played D but nothing the Spurs shouldn't overcome.

DarrinS
03-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Manu and Tim's missed layups and jump shots in the last 5 minutes were missed opportunities. D'Asani got a technical with about 5:minutes left in the game. If the Spurs shots go down the momentum doesn't gain for the Suns. The Suns played D but nothing the Spurs shouldn't overcome.

They just looked laxidazical (sp?). 9 times out of 10, that is a game the Spurs win when they are FOCUSED.

Agloco
03-09-2008, 08:56 PM
before the Game I stated that the Suns were/are desperate for something positive and would insist stronger on winning...I said, If the Spurs would WIN today, the Suns would enter the Playoffs mentally weak, and might lose in the 1st round, depending on who they play!!!

The minute I saw the WHITE shirts on the Road (ZERO WINS FOR THE SPURS ON THE ROAD BY PLAYING WHITE SHIRTS!) I expected that LOSS - also, foolish POP played a 1/2 court game, and we LOST - the problem with Pop is he needs 1-2 games to lose in order to figure out on how to beat teams with new configurations on the floor, so the Spurs' record suffer from that - the only thing Pop needed to do is to watch the last 3 losses of the Suns at home - they were out-hasstled by the other teams, out-runned as well. The Suns are NOT "out of the woods" just yet - if they play NO Hornets or Dallas in the 1st round in the Playoffs, they might lose...THEY GOT A BIG HELP FROM THE REFS TODAY DOWN THE STRETCH - the WAY THE SPURS WERE PLAYING SO POORLY TODAY, the Suns escaped with 2-3 questionable calls:

2:28 min. left - Thomas took a CLEAR charge on Amare - Amare should've been called in his 6th foul, instead he got FTs and remained in the game to win it later on...

Less than 2 min. to go - Manu Ginobili drove to the Basket, and it was HIT by Shaq (for his 6th foul), BUT NO call - this also decided the game right there - instead of getting 2 pts, the Spurs got 2 against them AFTER THAT...

THIS IS YOUR GAME RIGHT THERE...

Tim Duncan, who supposed to be the f. leader of this team, made 2 critical TOs with less than 5 minutes to play, and missed several layups down the stretch(???!!!)...he couldn't make a single shot, but Pop kept going with him - TIM BASICALLY GAVE THE GAME AWAY...The Spurs PLAYED POORLY anyway, they didn't deserve to win today , so we CAN'T blame the Refs - the Suns were at home, and were expected to get help from the refs (especially a payback for last year)....Even though the way the Spurs played (so poorly today!!!), by being held for just 34.9% shooting (JUST TERRIBLE!!!), they still had a chance to win it in the end, however, Popovich needs to increase the tempo BIG TIME next time we play these guys. Also, the bench was simply terrible as well:

...Only 12 pts as Udoka and Oberto gave us something - that's NOT going to be enough to win it ALL - Also Finley, as a starter is just terrible as well - OLD DONKEY - 0-6 from the field today and he was on the floor for 22 minutes??? WHAT A WASTE - I have no idea WHY Bonner didn't play ANY Minutes today??? Vaughn was on the floor only for 0:13 sec, meaning Pop was saving him for tomorrow to guard A. Iverson in a B2B game. The Spurs need to give more minutes to Udoka, they also need Brent Barry badly to comeback and give them some 3s and to spread the floor...Bowen needs to give us some offense the same he did against the Mavs recently - he had only 3 pts today, NOT enough for anything...

Tomorrow's game against the Nuggets is CRITICAL right now - the Nuggets are fighting bad for a playoff spot, and they will PUSH hard tomorrow to beat us again!!! If the Spurs lose tomorrow at home - I see it now 60%/40% chance they might lose again - then, there is a possibility for them to lose 5 in a row because they are going to play against NO and the Pistons away - 2 very tough places to be right now...

Time for Popovich to re-think strategies and go back to basics on what got him to the first place in the West, a place currently reserved for LA LAKERS...

GO MANU!!!

You needed to stop your dissertation right there. You go with your horse. For whatever reason, Timmy is playing like dogshit right now. He needs to get it together quickly.

ancestron
03-09-2008, 09:08 PM
White shirts with the black shoes never works.
The Spurs were robbed of their mojo by not donning black in Phoenix.

Princess Pimp
03-09-2008, 11:02 PM

overrated!!!!!

ChumpDumper
03-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Time for Popovich to re-think strategies and go back to basics on what got him to the first place in the WestSmall ball!

ducks
03-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Ginobili Free Throw Technical missed 5:03
Ginobili Turnover:Bad Pass (5 TO)
Ginobili 3pt Shot: Missed 2:13
Ginobili Jump Bank Shot: Missed 0:59
Ginobili Foul:Personal (4 PF) 0:46
Ginobili Layup Shot: Missed 0:47

The WHOLE team sucked in the last five minutes
wow

SpurOutofTownFan
03-09-2008, 11:26 PM
i will be worried if they beat us in a playoff series...

We need to make it to the playoffs first

m33p0
03-10-2008, 01:45 AM
getting into the playoffs is not a problem for this team. pop is just positioning the team for the best possible playoff matchup.

E20
03-10-2008, 02:05 AM

Tim Duncan said he had 2 TO's I think that is where the mix up came from, but box scores said he had only 1.

“I had two turnovers and two missed layups down the stretch,” Duncan said
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=ApJGj8e87V0ZohGsI4KAqIu8vLYF?gid=200803 0921

Boxscore says only 1:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Atf4P9e1LGtCkKyKoylD8ZGLvLYF?gid=200 8030921

Yahoo boxscore at first said TP had 25 points.