PDA

View Full Version : So Much For Hillary's Foreign Policy Credibility

Doc Jerome
03-09-2008, 06:17 PM
I wonder if the mainstreem press will report this story with the same ferver they use in giving Hillary an assist. :fro

BELFAST, Northern Ireland, March 9 (UPI) -- David Trimble, who helped broker peace in Northern Ireland said Sen. Hillary Clinton's role in those negotiations was that of a cheerleader, not a participant.

Presidential contender Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., told CNN Wednesday that she "helped bring peace to Northern Ireland" as foreign policy experience becomes the latest issue in the Democratic presidential race.

"I don't know there was much she did apart from accompanying Bill (Clinton) going around," Trimble said, adding, "I don't want to rain on the thing for her but being a cheerleader for something is slightly different from being a principal player," The Sunday Telegraph reported.

Conall McDevitt, who served as the chief negotiator during the Good Friday Agreement talks that ended the conflict between England and Northern Ireland, said there was "no contact with her" during the negotiating processes.

McDevitt said Clinton played a supporting role following the signing of the agreement.

"So in a classic woman politicky sort of way I think she was active ... She was certainly investing some time, no doubt about it. Whether she was involved on the issue side I think probably not," McDevitt said.

The Clinton campaign responded to the statements saying they were "quite surprised that anyone would suggest that Hillary Clinton did not perform important foreign policy work as First Lady."

Link: http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/03/09/irish_blast_clintons_foreign_policy_claim/9676/

MannyIsGod
03-09-2008, 06:40 PM
I think it was a Chicago Paper that totaly derailed her claims of experience. This was one of them. Another was where she claimed to help open a border for refuguees in Bosnia. The border was opened a day before she arrived to negotiate. There were others but these 2 are the ones I fully remember.

atxrocker
03-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Barack Obama started early in trying to carve out a reputation as an eager, hard-working Illinois state senator when he was elected in 1996.

He once told state Democratic leader Emil Jones -- the man Obama considers his "political godfather" -- to throw him into the fire.

"He said, 'Feel free to give me any tough assignments. You know I like to work hard,' " said Jones, the current state Senate president and a member of the Illinois General Assembly since 1973.

That work, his critics say, resulted in one of the most liberal voting records during his eight years in the Legislature, from pushing for abortion rights to raising taxes.

But former Republican colleague Dan Cronin said the presidential candidate's campaign of bold change doesn't square with his past.

"There were no bold solutions; there were no creative approaches; there were no efforts to stand up to the establishment," said Cronin, a member of the Illinois General Assembly since 1990, and now a member of White House hopeful John McCain's Illinois Leadership Team.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/07/obama.fact.check/index.html

BonnerDynasty
03-09-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm shocked.

Still counts as part of her 35 years of experience though!

BonnerDynasty
03-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Just more KO material Obama won't use.

atxrocker
03-09-2008, 06:52 PM
yeah because obama is one who should be quick to call people out on their experience. don't worry, his speech writers will get creative and come up with new change slogan and the masses will follow!

BonnerDynasty
03-09-2008, 06:57 PM
But he is an agent of change and got to it first. You don't need experience when you are an agent of change. He is an O.C. Original Changa.

Doc Jerome
03-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Barack Obama started early in trying to carve out a reputation as an eager, hard-working Illinois state senator when he was elected in 1996.

He once told state Democratic leader Emil Jones -- the man Obama considers his "political godfather" -- to throw him into the fire.

"He said, 'Feel free to give me any tough assignments. You know I like to work hard,' " said Jones, the current state Senate president and a member of the Illinois General Assembly since 1973.

That work, his critics say, resulted in one of the most liberal voting records during his eight years in the Legislature, from pushing for abortion rights to raising taxes.

But former Republican colleague Dan Cronin said the presidential candidate's campaign of bold change doesn't square with his past.

"There were no bold solutions; there were no creative approaches; there were no efforts to stand up to the establishment," said Cronin, a member of the Illinois General Assembly since 1990, and now a member of White House hopeful John McCain's Illinois Leadership Team.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/07/obama.fact.check/index.html

Bro,

You fail to paste the entire article relying on the laziness of bloggers to execute the extra click. You also fail to mention that "Apparently Senator Obama's leadership on reforming the death penalty, cutting taxes for working families, and fighting for sweeping ethics and lobbying reforms was bold enough for Dan Cronin when he voted for Obama's legislation."

Stop the misinformation and limited cognitivism.

Doc Jerome
03-09-2008, 08:04 PM
yeah because obama is one who should be quick to call people out on their experience. don't worry, his speech writers will get creative and come up with new change slogan and the masses will follow!

I guess you abhor speeches, soliloquies, sermons, recitations, etc. Too bad. The combination of great vision, oration and words have the power to motivate, and inspire the human spirit to greater heights. And that can change the world.

Open up and receive the gift.

MannyIsGod
03-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Bro,

You fail to paste the entire article relying on the laziness of bloggers to execute the extra click. You also fail to mention that "Apparently Senator Obama's leadership on reforming the death penalty, cutting taxes for working families, and fighting for sweeping ethics and lobbying reforms was bold enough for Dan Cronin when he voted for Obama's legislation."

Stop the misinformation and limited cognitivism.Response ATX?

MannyIsGod
03-09-2008, 09:37 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-experiencemar07,0,51719.story

This is the article I mentioned earlier. You should check it out.

Doc Jerome
03-09-2008, 10:32 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-experiencemar07,0,51719.story

This is the article I mentioned earlier. You should check it out.

Thanks, great reference and info.

atxrocker
03-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Response ATX?

to what? that i didn't include some canned rebuttal from an obama staffer? and the insinuation that i'm the only poster to ever not include an entire article is fucking ridiculous.

MannyIsGod
03-09-2008, 11:22 PM
You fail to acknowledge what Barack has done in his career. You never give him credit for anything but simply regurgitate Clinton canned responses so for you to complain about one form an Obama staffer is pretty ironic.

You continuously say that Obama is nothing but speeches but you have yet to say anything about Clinton's supposed experience nor have you ever once given an example of a first term president coming into office with this so called experience.

I don't think its too much to ask for you to show me a successful president in the last century who has come into office with extensive experience of the type Clinton claims to have. Furthermore, I've given you examples of blatant exageration and misrepresentation by Clinton when she's presenting her experience. What do you think about those refrences?

clambake
03-09-2008, 11:29 PM
the profit well was running dry in belfast.

the true nature of morality beat the dollar.

xrayzebra
03-10-2008, 09:27 AM
You fail to acknowledge what Barack has done in his career. You never give him credit for anything but simply regurgitate Clinton canned responses so for you to complain about one form an Obama staffer is pretty ironic.

You continuously say that Obama is nothing but speeches but you have yet to say anything about Clinton's supposed experience nor have you ever once given an example of a first term president coming into office with this so called experience.

I don't think its too much to ask for you to show me a successful president in the last century who has come into office with extensive experience of the type Clinton claims to have. Furthermore, I've given you examples of blatant exageration and misrepresentation by Clinton when she's presenting her experience. What do you think about those refrences?

Who really cares about either of them. They both
espouse the same old crap. Bigger programs, bigger
government. Let big daddy handle everything, we
know best. You poor souls are being screwed over by
big business, they only want you to die and to take your
money.

Never mind that the producers are the ones who supply
the jobs, provide government with their money.

Damn, some of you people, if you ever think it must
hurt your head something terribly.

Hell neither Obama or Hillary cant attack the others
policies. They are the same as theirs.

:donkey :dizzy :downspin:

Extra Stout
03-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Obama is for change. He's for raising your taxes so high that all you have left in your pocket is change!!

Ahahaha, I'm funny.

xrayzebra
03-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Obama is for change. He's for raising your taxes so high that all you have left in your pocket is change!!

Ahahaha, I'm funny.

But don't jingle it too loudly, he will want that
to.

MannyIsGod
03-10-2008, 10:57 AM
New conservatives basically want tax cuts and for us to stay in Iraq. If their president of choice increases entitlement programs more than anyone else EVER it doesn't matter one bit, they are still conservative because they hate the gays and cut our taxes.

jochhejaam
03-10-2008, 07:03 PM
[
QUOTE=MannyIsGod] conservatives hate the gays
Is that sarcasm MIG?

Wild Cobra
03-10-2008, 07:19 PM
[
Is that sarcasm MIG?
I think it's ignorance. At best, he is a propagandist!

MannyIsGod
03-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Is that sarcasm MIG?Um, lets call it exageration for effect because its not sarcasm. One of the hallmarks of mordern conservativism is the opposition to gay marriage. I know that many conservatives don't hate gays but I don't think you can deny how important it is for a Republican candidate to let his pospective supporters know where he stands on the issue regardless of the fact that true conservativism would be limiting the goverments interaction with marriage at all not expanding it.

MannyIsGod
03-10-2008, 10:11 PM
I think it's ignorance. At best, he is a propagandist!I guess we can't all be in the 99.whatevernumberyouwanttousetoday percentile now can we?

Wild Cobra
03-12-2008, 01:25 AM
I know that many conservatives don't hate gays but I don't think you can deny how important it is for a Republican candidate to let his pospective supporters know where he stands on the issue regardless of the fact that true conservativism would be limiting the goverments interaction with marriage at all not expanding it.
You are correct in my opinion. Marriage should have never been any concern of government. It is a religious issue, and should therefore be taboo for government to regulate.

To my knowledge, the purpose of a "marriage license" was to regulate and keep "the wrong type of people" from marrying.