PDA

View Full Version : Lakers lost

Amuseddaysleeper
03-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Somewhat softens the blow from the crappy Suns loss.

While the standings are still far from being decided, I think if the Spurs get the #1 seed, we only have to face GSW/Denver in Rd 1, and then hopefully NO/HOU in RD 2.

Would be a much nicer route than going through phoenix or dallas in round 1

ploto
03-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Spurs fans should be thanking Beno-- 25 points, 10 assists and the game winning free throws. :)

peskypesky
03-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Somewhat softens the blow from the crappy Suns loss.

You beat me to it!

Seeing the Lakers lose to the Kings does make this loss go down a bit easier. Just goes to show you that sometimes the better team loses.

Pablo Escobar
what the fuck did we get for beno
dude has been ballin

ducks
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2309506&posted=1#post2309506

Hemotivo
Beno!

DaDakota
This is great, the Rockets will be first in the Western conference in 7 more days.

;)

DD

ducks
03-09-2008, 11:16 PM
what the fuck did we get for beno
dude has been ballin
his problem was he thought he was all that in sa he wanted to have parties instead of working on his game

SpurOutofTownFan
I'm taking a shit on DazedandConfused's face

ducks
Spurs fans should be thanking Beno-- 25 points, 10 assists and the game winning free throws. :)
it was pop's fault that beno sucked here right ploto

jrmp317
03-09-2008, 11:17 PM
This is great, the Rockets will be first in the Western conference in 7 more days.

;)

DD
and will proceed to lose in the first round of the playoffs as usual :clap

Amuseddaysleeper

Yeah, Major props to Beno for hitting the game winning FT's.

He only shoots 5% better than TD at the line but did us a nice favor tonight

Banzai
yup

ploto
03-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Great games for both my guys today. I am happy and proud for them both.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Great games for both my guys today. I am happy and proud for them both.

ehh I thought Manu struggled a bit in the second half

:toast

ploto
03-09-2008, 11:21 PM
He only shoots 5% better than TD at the line but did us a nice favor tonight
Since when does 85 minus 72 equal 5 (that is for his season) or 82 minus 68 if we count career.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-09-2008, 11:22 PM
wtf, this was meant to go in the Spurs section, even if it didn't belong there

We have like 5 laker lost threads now, sheesh

Amuseddaysleeper
03-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Since when does 85 minus 72 equal 5 (that is for his season) or 82 minus 68 if we count career.

the stats said beno shoots 75% and I believe TD is around 69-70%

That's what the Lakers feed said prior to beno's ft's

ploto
03-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Beno is shooting about 85% this season for sure.

E20
03-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Anybody, but Denver in the 1st round of the PO's for the Spurs. I need something new and refreshing. The Warriors would be nice, maybe I could go to a PO game at Oracle, that'd be sweet.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Anybody, but Denver in the 1st round of the PO's for the Spurs. I need something new and refreshing. The Warriors would be nice, maybe I could go to a PO game at Oracle, that'd be sweet.

Hell, not only do I want DEN in rd 1, I want us to lose game 1

I'm sure you know why

TampaDude
03-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Beno with the game winning FTs...thank you, Kings!!! :toast

JamStone
03-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Golden State and Denver might be tougher than either Dallas or Phoenix.

Kriz-Maxima
03-09-2008, 11:41 PM
The fact that there are like 5 Lakers thread after a loss show that people do feel treatened by them. Despite what they say.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Golden State and Denver might be tougher than either Dallas or Phoenix.

You think?

In regards to matchups, I think the Spurs would fare better than GS or DEN mostly due to playoff experience.

I'll admit, I'm not too crazy about the shaq/TD matchup, but I don't see shaq averaging 14 & 16 for an entire series, nor do I see the Spurs shooting 35% all the way through.

The Warriors would be tougher for us than the Nuggets, but despite the loss of Diop and Harris, I'm not ecstatic about the Mavs matchup either.

God, the west is brutal.

word
03-09-2008, 11:49 PM
The fact that there are like 5 Lakers thread after a loss show that people do feel treatened by them. Despite what they say.

I know I do. HCA is of the utmost importance this year. My 'fear' level as it were, from least to most:

Denver
Golden State
Phoenix
New Orleans
Houston
Dallas
Utah
Lakers

Amuseddaysleeper
03-09-2008, 11:51 PM
My 'fear level' from least to most is

Denver
New Orleans
Golden State
Houston
Utah
Phoenix
Dallas
Lakers

word
03-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Oy Vey

Findog
03-09-2008, 11:55 PM
My fear level, from least to worst:

Denver
Houston
New Orleans
Golden State
Utah
Phoenix
San Antonio
LA

JamStone
03-09-2008, 11:55 PM
You think?

In regards to matchups, I think the Spurs would fare better than GS or DEN mostly due to playoff experience.

I'll admit, I'm not too crazy about the shaq/TD matchup, but I don't see shaq averaging 14 & 16 for an entire series, nor do I see the Spurs shooting 35% all the way through.

The Warriors would be tougher for us than the Nuggets, but despite the loss of Diop and Harris, I'm not ecstatic about the Mavs matchup either.

God, the west is brutal.

I mean "might."

But like you said, the West is so tough, who really knows?

If Golden State gets on a roll where a couple of their best players are on the top of their games, they can just really go crazy on anyone really. And, that helter skelter style is just so tough to play against.

And, with Denver, I know the Spurs have handled them in the playoffs in recent years and I know it was just one game, but I have not seen a team play such good denial defense on Tim Duncan as Najera and the Nuggets did the other night. And, of course both Iverson and Melo are capable of dropping 40+ on any given night.

To echo your point, hell yeah the West is brutal.

Findog
03-09-2008, 11:56 PM
I think the Spurs are better than the Lakers, but due to matchups, I think we have a better chance against them than we do LA. Of course, we'd be deserved underdogs in both series.

mavsfan1000
03-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Lakers are so overrated by the media. They are too weak defensively and we know that no team led by Kobe Bryant can win a championship. ;)

Findog
03-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Lakers are so overrated by the media. They are too weak defensively and we know that no team led by Kobe Bryant can win a championship. ;)

I know the last part of your post is sarcasm, but I just don't trust Avery Johnson in a series against Phil Jackson. I don't really trust Avery in a series against anybody, really. The playoffs are all about implementing a plan of attack and adjusting and countering what the other team does over the course of seven games. I'm still wondering how he ever beat JVG and Pockmarkovich.

word
03-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Utah is playin' some ball lately. Something about them this year. Maybe it's just me.

The suns ? Pffft....LA, SA, Dallas, Utah has HCA against 'em, it's over for the shaqfu's.

BonnerDynasty
03-10-2008, 12:00 AM
I think Denver is a lot more dangerous than Golden State.

Easiest opponents imo:
Golden State
Denver
Houston/New Orleans
Phoenix
Utah
Dallas
Lakers - hardest

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2008, 12:00 AM
do non spur fans still think the Spurs can handle the Suns in a playoff series even with Shaq involved?

Findog
03-10-2008, 12:01 AM
The Jazz have been a shitty road team, and they're about to go on a four-game trip where they might struggle. But they've been lights out in SLC, and they have this insane stretch where they get 8 out of 9 at home, and the lone road game is against Minnesota.

ducks
03-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Andrew Bynum could help the lakers this year or he could mess up their chemistry when he comes back

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2008, 12:02 AM
I know the last part of your post is sarcasm, but I just don't trust Avery Johnson in a series against Phil Jackson. I don't really trust Avery in a series against anybody, really. The playoffs are all about implementing a plan of attack and adjusting and countering what the other team does over the course of seven games. I'm still wondering how he ever beat JVG and Pockmarkovich.

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070112/070112_nowitzki_vmed_8p.widec.jpg

:toast

ducks
03-10-2008, 12:03 AM
do non spur fans still think the Spurs can handle the Suns in a playoff series even with Shaq involved?
yes
barry spaces the floor more
also why no horry late
he spaces the floor
this is the first time spurs say on tape the new suns with shaq

Findog
03-10-2008, 12:03 AM

Yes. I can't see the Suns putting up that kind of effort for 7 games. They played with an urgency today that their season was basically on the line. They're just not going to be able to sustain that kind of defensive intensity for a whole series.

I personally don't want to play them because we've never had an answer for the Nash and Amare pick and roll, and it's not going to be better substituting Kidd for Harris. It doesn't really matter to us whether they have Shaq or Marion.

word
03-10-2008, 12:07 AM

Just for me, for the first time since the Nash years at Phoenix, I have absolutely no fear of the Suns in the playoffs what so fucking ever.

JamStone
03-10-2008, 12:10 AM

I think the edge should definitely still be with the Spurs.

Thing is if Shaq really plays with effort, he can still be a difference maker. He draws fouls and he fouls hard. He will end up hurting (not intentionally I don't think) either Manu or Tony or both on drives. I really think he could seriously hurt one of those guys with a foul. And, when Tim Duncan gets impatient, which is so rare especially in the playoffs, Shaq can frustrate him. I think it would be a much more competitive series than some Spurs fans think it would be. I still think Spurs would find a way to win, but I guess I just wouldn't be surprised if the Suns shock the Spurs in a playoff series.

Findog
03-10-2008, 12:13 AM
The Suns have been giving up 114 points a game with Shaq. There's a reason for it.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2008, 12:14 AM
nice takes findog and jamstone.

jamstone, how do you feel about the Pistons chances against the celtics and cavs?

DazedAndConfused
The funny thing about this loss is the one weakness the Kings were able to exploit won't be there when Bynum and Ariza are integrated into the lineup. I would love to see Beno try and drive against a frontline of Bynum, Odom, and Gasol. The Lakers are gonna be tough to beat when we get our pieces back, you won't be able to exploit all the weaknesses that you see now.

E20
Hell, not only do I want DEN in rd 1, I want us to lose game 1

I'm sure you know why
That's true, but I'm tired of sending Karl fishing.

Amuseddaysleeper
I think you overrate the interior D of Gasol and Odom.

Bynum isn't bad, but I myself would have no hesitation driving against Gasol, let alone Beno.

Findog
03-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Gasol is soft defensively. He's been a nice offensive addition to the triangle, he has a high basketball IQ, and makes them that much tougher to guard, but Erick Dampier of all people owned his ass.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Kidd has turned Dampier into a stud.

If Maglore can provide decent backup minutes, the Mavs are one Josh Howard pulling his head out of his away from title contention.

Avery might be a wild card, but I don't think the Mavs are as doom/gloom as people might think.

JamStone
03-10-2008, 12:21 AM
nice takes findog and jamstone.

jamstone, how do you feel about the Pistons chances against the celtics and cavs?

I really think the Pistons handle the Celtics if the two teams meet. I think they're about equal in talent and chemistry. Pistons can cover all three of their stars one on one with little or no double team help. That's big. In fact, the two games the Pistons lost, it was their role players that were the main difference in the Boston wins, Glen Davis in the second game and Rajon Rondo in the third (although KG really came out and played too). In the playoffs, I think the Pistons play better against those role players and/or those role players don't hurt the Pistons as much. I don't think not having homecourt will hurt the Pistons because I believe they would win one of the first two games in Boston. They know how to come strong on the road in the post season.

Cavaliers is a different story. I think the Pistons have a much better team than the Cavaliers. But, honestly, if I'm being real, LeBron James is fucking ridiculous. He literally can beat the Pistons in a playoff series by himself. So, I got no idea. I would believe the Pistons should beat the Cavs in a series, but dude is crazy, so who the hell knows. Got nothing to do with other match-ups or coaching or strategy or homecourt or anything else. It comes down to whether LeBron in four of seven games can beat the Pistons by himself. He's obviously capable.

Findog
03-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Kidd has turned Dampier into a stud.

If Maglore can provide decent backup minutes, the Mavs are one Josh Howard pulling his head out of his away from title contention.

Avery might be a wild card, but I don't think the Mavs are as doom/gloom as people might think.

Magloire is not going to have an impact. He's looked like garbage when he's played, and given how tight the West is, Avery isn't going to give him any burn to shake off any rust. Malik Allen has actually been a pleasant surprise, and Antoine Wright has looked pretty good too.

I'm pretty sure Josh will come around. I think we should sit him for the next four games since we can win those without him. He needs to get his back healed up and his mind right. The Spurs survived with Vaughn running the point for a few weeks, the Rockets are surviving for now without Yao. Josh is hurting us when he does play.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2008, 12:27 AM
My josh howard comment may have been a little harsh, seeing as how he's been through a lot emotionally over the last few weeks.

And yeah, Antoine Wright's name seems to have been popping up recently, the question is, will Avery not be stubborn enough to give him more minutes?

Findog
03-10-2008, 12:28 AM
I would love to see a Pistons/Celts conference finals, and it would go seven in my opinion. I'd give a slight edge to Detroit. But they have to get there first. Overall, you look at them and the Cavaliers and you scratch your heads over how Cleveland could take a 65-win team to seven games and then beat them the next year, but LBJ can do that by himself, like Jamstone said. LBJ just gives the Pistons fits. I think it's worth it for Detroit to strive for the top seed and hope Boston takes care of the King for them.

Findog
03-10-2008, 12:29 AM
My josh howard comment may have been a little harsh, seeing as how he's been through a lot emotionally over the last few weeks.

And yeah, Antoine Wright's name seems to have been popping up recently, the question is, will Avery not be stubborn enough to give him more minutes?

He got minutes last night because Devean got hurt, and that's fine by me. He's by no means a Bowen-level Kobe stopper, but his rep is that he can defend. Does Kobe go off for 52 if he had been on him in crunchtime instead of Jerry Brickhouse?

SpursDynasty
03-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Thanks Sacramento for going out there and beating a team you were supposed to beat....the Lakers pretty much had no business being the #1 seed in the West. We're tied in the loss column with LA and regardless of them having 1 more win, for all practical purposes the Spurs are the #1 seed b/c they hold the tiebreaker (lead the season series 2-1).

Once again, no big surprises in this one tonight, the Kings just went out and beat a team they were supposed to beat.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2008, 12:33 AM
I was more amazed you guys didn't double Kobe, but then again.....it is Kobe

As for Celts/Pistons that's a really tough one.

I think the difference will be the bench in that series as you already know what you're gonna with the starters, for the most part.

I think this is the deepest the Pistons have been in years. It would be an excellent series, but if Wallace can keep Garnett in check, and Rondo doesn't go off (I see him as an x-factor for the celts) I think the Pistons could take it.

The thing is, the Celtics have a lot of young players who lack playoff experience. While playoff experience doesn't always guarantee the title, I could very easily see the Big Baby, Rondo's, and Leon powe's of the world making bonehead plays.

Findog
03-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks Sacramento for going out there and beating a team you were supposed to beat....the Lakers pretty much had no business being the #1 seed in the West. We're tied in the loss column with LA and regardless of them having 1 more win, for all practical purposes the Spurs are the #1 seed b/c they hold the tiebreaker (lead the season series 2-1).

Once again, no big surprises in this one tonight, the Kings just went out and beat a team they were supposed to beat.

Talking out of both sides of your mouth...literally.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2008, 12:35 AM
lol, timvp already said his IP matches with DazedandConfused, yet SD still denies this.

Findog
03-10-2008, 12:37 AM
I was more amazed you guys didn't double Kobe, but then again.....it is Kobe

Yeah. You know in crunchtime he's going to be looking for his shot and he's the guy most likely to hurt you, so you trap him and get the ball out of his hands, right? This isn't quantum mechanics.

There's the theory that you let great guys like Kobe get theirs and stay home on everybody else, but that doesn't always work.

I would go single-coverage on Kobe in the first-half, when he's trying to be the distributor and get everyone involved. When guys know they're going to get their touches, they raise their intensity and hustle in all factors. When they come down the floor and watch Kobe go 1 on 5, they're not going to be as active. Then in the second half and crunchtime when Kobe takes over, then I trap and double him, and make sure my rotations are crisp and solid. Easier said than done, of course, but Kobe was hot even by his standards that day, and you have to make the adjustment.

DazedAndConfused
03-10-2008, 12:37 AM
That's bullshit Amusedayssleeper. TimVP NEVER said that, and if he did he is fucking bullshitting.

What is your paypal? If you can give me definitive proof that our IPs are similar I will send you $100. In fact I will send ANYONE who can definitively prove that $100.

JamStone
03-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Won't even lie. If the Pistons don't contain Rajon Rondo and his ability to get in the lane and if they allow Kendrick Perkins and Glen Davis (if he even plays significant minutes in the playoffs) to dominate the glass, then the Celtics should beat the Pistons. I'm hoping and betting that the Pistons do a better on those two particular players once it's the playoffs. If not, at least two of the three main guys should play well enough to make it pretty hard for the Pistons to win.

DazedAndConfused
03-10-2008, 12:39 AM
BTW the Lakers did not once go to Kobe down the stretch except on the very last play. Gasol, Odom, and Fisher all hit some big shots down the stretch, as did Vujacic. If you think you can just double Kobe and forget everyone else your wrong.

We lost tonight because our interior D is shite with Gasol manning the fort. When Bynum gets back the Benos of the world will think twice before attacking the paint with such ferocity.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2008, 12:41 AM
D&C = search is down, but timvp definitely said TODAY that you and SD were the same.

Findog = Good strategy. The thing is, Kobe faced a strong double team/trap at the end of the Kings game tonight and was still able to get a decent shot off. I think his elevation is what separates him from the rest, as he pretty much out jumps whoever is guarding him. I thought Tayshaun Prince used to do a good jobe on Kobe (at least back in 2004) as players with length seem to bug him. I always wondered how a Haslem or other long 3 would fare against Kobe, but I guess he is too quick for them.

I still say you trap him hard and force the ball out of his hands. I would much rather Gasol flub a layup, then Kobe hit a buzzer beater.

But like we said, it's all easier said than done.

ludda
03-10-2008, 12:47 AM
When it's all said and done, Lakers will go to Kobe down the stretch that's obvious. The only other one that is clutch on that team is Fischer, maybe the spares can hit a clutch shot now and then, but we've all seen how Odom fares down the stretch and from that Mavs game, Gasol wasn't much better in the clutch with the easy layup misses, FT miss and timely foul on Kidd.

Mavs have always had trouble with elite guards like Kobe, same thing happened with Wade. They let them get whatever they want and end up losing- so yeah, I'd say Avery should try something new or it'll be the same story in the POs.

Tradition
03-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Another Lakers thread=another :) from me. In the Rock type of saying:

FINALLY! THE LAKERS HAVE RETURNED AS THE EVIL EMPIRE!

DazedAndConfused
03-10-2008, 12:50 AM
D&C = search is down, but timvp definitely said TODAY that you and SD were the same.

Findog = Good strategy. The thing is, Kobe faced a strong double team/trap at the end of the Kings game tonight and was still able to get a decent shot off. I think his elevation is what separates him from the rest, as he pretty much out jumps whoever is guarding him. I thought Tayshaun Prince used to do a good jobe on Kobe (at least back in 2004) as players with length seem to bug him. I always wondered how a Haslem or other long 3 would fare against Kobe, but I guess he is too quick for them.

I still say you trap him hard and force the ball out of his hands. I would much rather Gasol flub a layup, then Kobe hit a buzzer beater.

But like we said, it's all easier said than done.

TimVP if you are reading this and you made the statement that me and SD have the same IP you are a fucking lying piece of shit. Pretty sad for a moderator to be LYING.

Findog
03-10-2008, 12:52 AM
TimVP if you are reading this and you made the statement that me and SD have the same IP you are a fucking lying piece of shit. Pretty sad for a moderator to be LYING.

timvp is just making allegations of IP chicanery that's he supposed to allege. No surprises there.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2008, 12:53 AM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2308589#post2308589

He pretty much called you out.

DazedAndConfused
03-10-2008, 12:56 AM
That's him ASSuming that I am SD based on what other fucktards said. He has no proof that our IPs are similar. In fact for a moderator to make baseless claims like that is pathetic, he is a fucking joke. TimVP you are a fucking joke, if you cant prove it then shut the fuck up.

Findog
03-10-2008, 12:57 AM
SpursDynasty/DazedandConfused should challenge timvp to a duel.

Tradition
03-10-2008, 12:57 AM
:wtf :wtf So he is a fan of the Lakers,Spurs, and Warriors?

spurms
03-10-2008, 12:58 AM
That's him ASSuming that I am SD based on what other fucktards said. He has no proof that our IPs are similar. In fact for a moderator to make baseless claims like that is pathetic, he is a fucking joke. TimVP you are a fucking joke, if you cant prove it then shut the fuck up.

pls cool it dont let this painful lost to a mediocre team get you ban..

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2008, 12:58 AM
:wtf :wtf So he is a fan of the Lakers,Spurs, and Warriors?

He also really likes the Celtics, and thinks Rayford Alston is a premiere PG

spurms
03-10-2008, 12:59 AM

i came up with that name Rayford, i guess people find something funny.

DazedAndConfused
03-10-2008, 01:00 AM
Aight i'm done arguing this shit. And yes TimVP I'm calling you out, a moderator should know better.

spurms
03-10-2008, 01:01 AM

actually it was chris paul who wish he was half as good as him.

Purple & Gold
03-10-2008, 01:18 AM
Lakers played no defense, deserved to lose. Things will change once we get healthy.

DazedAndConfused
03-10-2008, 01:52 AM
I love how people continue to act like the Lakers they see now are the Lakers that they will face in the playoffs. We're not even close to full strength.

ludda
03-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Yes once Bynum and Ariza come back, the rest of the league should just quit at that point, no use in attempting to compete with the almighty, bulletproof Lakers team.

Purple & Gold
03-10-2008, 02:54 AM
Yes once Bynum and Ariza come back, the rest of the league should just quit at that point, no use in attempting to compete with the almighty, bulletproof Lakers team.

I agree. About time a spur fan said something that made some sense.

KidCongo
03-10-2008, 03:04 AM

That's the spirit :clap

word
03-10-2008, 03:09 AM
http://www.server-7.net/images/kobe2.jpg

Purple & Gold
03-10-2008, 03:19 AM
:blah :blah :blah :blah

You trying to make some sense here??

LA24
03-10-2008, 03:38 AM
When Bynum gets back the Benos of the world will think twice before attacking the paint with such ferocity.

Dude, stop acting like Bynum's going to be 100% this year. He's been out close to 4 months now !!! It's highly...HIGHLY unlikely that he's just going to come back and continue where he left off. I doubt it.

You're just setting yourself up for a big fall with all your Bynum talk.
We're stuck with the starting 5 we have now...and I don't see us beating the Spurs if we meet them in the playoffs.

Purple & Gold
03-10-2008, 03:40 AM
Dude, stop acting like Bynum's going to be 100% this year. He's been out close to 4 months now !!! It's highly...HIGHLY unlikely that he's just going to come back and continue where he left off. I doubt it.

You're just setting yourself up for a big fall with all your Bynum talk.
We're stuck with the starting 5 we have now...and I don't see us beating the Spurs if we meet them in the playoffs.

He doesn't have to be 100%. spurs are soft, look at how the suns frontcourt shitted all over them.

LA24
03-10-2008, 03:40 AM
I love how people continue to act like the Lakers they see now are the Lakers that they will face in the playoffs. We're not even close to full strength.

This will be the Laker team they'll face. And we're NOT going to be a full strength this year. Sorry, I don't see it happening. Ariza is not even CLOSE to coming back. Mihm ? He's worthless. Bynum is a huge question mark. Given that he was out 4 month, to expect him to play at playoff level right off the bat is asking too much.

Sorry, next year.

LA24
03-10-2008, 03:41 AM
He doesn't have to be 100%. spurs are soft, look at how the suns frontcourt shitted all over them.

I know what soft looks like...see Lakers vs. Kings...that was weak.

LA24
03-10-2008, 03:43 AM

:lol :lol

Yea, when Bynum is huffing and puffing for air against Duncan... :lol :lol

He better be @ 100% or close !!

Purple & Gold
03-10-2008, 03:44 AM
I know what soft looks like...see Lakers vs. Kings...that was weak.

Very weak, but again we're not healthy. You might think this is our starting 5 from now on, but you'd be wrong. There's a reason why 1-8 is so close in the West. No team is very dominant. A healthy Laker squad is very very dangerous.

Purple & Gold
03-10-2008, 03:47 AM
:lol :lol

Yea, when Bynum is huffing and puffing for air against Duncan... :lol :lol

He better be @ 100% or close !!

Are you done slobbing on the spurs cock? They really ain't all that.

LA24
03-10-2008, 03:49 AM
Are you done slobbing on the spurs cock? They really ain't all that.

Forget you. Spurs are the defending champs. They are a damn good team and I have a lot of respect for that team. A lot. Even Kobe mentioned that the young guys on the team can learn a lot watching the Spurs.

So you can keep your "blind homers" sunglasses on.

Purple & Gold
03-10-2008, 03:52 AM
Forget you. Spurs are the defending champs. They are a damn good team and I have a lot of respect for that team. A lot. Even Kobe mentioned that the young guys on the team can learn a lot watching the Spurs.

So you can keep you "blind homers" sunglasses on.

:lol :lol So how bad of a GM did you think Mitch was this offseason?

LA24
03-10-2008, 03:57 AM
:lol :lol So how bad of a GM did you think Mitch was this offseason?

:rolleyes What do "you" think ?

LA24
03-10-2008, 04:01 AM
Very weak, but again we're not healthy. You might think this is our starting 5 from now on, but you'd be wrong. There's a reason why 1-8 is so close in the West. No team is very dominant. A healthy Laker squad is very very dangerous.

How am I wrong that this won't be our starting 5 ? You honestly believe Bynum will be in the starting lineup after being out 4 MONTHS !!!!!

We're not healthy yes I know that. The problem is, we're NOT going to be healthy for the rest of the year.

Yes, we still have a damn good team. But you're all acting like "wE da beStest whEn Big baD Bynum comes back." :rolleyes

Give it a rest already.

Purple & Gold
03-10-2008, 04:06 AM
:rolleyes What do "you" think ?

I think you were crying like a little bitch about him.

Purple & Gold
03-10-2008, 04:14 AM
How am I wrong that this won't be our starting 5 ? You honestly believe Bynum will be in the starting lineup after being out 4 MONTHS !!!!!

We're not healthy yes I know that. The problem is, we're NOT going to be healthy for the rest of the year.

Yes, we still have a damn good team. But you're all acting like "wE da beStest whEn Big baD Bynum comes back." :rolleyes

Give it a rest already.

By the middle of the second round he will be starting already. And if not he will get heavy minutes. The first round will be used to get him acclimated to the team. Unless you think we can't get out of the first round without him. :rolleyes

Again get of the spurs jock. If we meet them it won't be until the WCF's. More than enough time to get our young center up to speed.

Stop crying like whiny Kobe jocker was this offseason. :cry :cry

LA24
03-10-2008, 04:36 AM
By the middle of the second round he will be starting already. And if not he will get heavy minutes. The first round will be used to get him acclimated to the team. Unless you think we can't get out of the first round without him. :rolleyes

Yeah, Phil is just going to all of a sudden insert Bynum into the starting lineups after the first round. Why would he screw with the lineup in the middle of a playoffs, or even in the middle of a series. Are you out of your mind ?

Again get of the spurs jock.
And be a blind Laker homer like you ? No thanks.

Btw, I gave props to the Suns earlier today on their win.
You can suck on that.

I'm a Laker fan 1st and a NBA fan 2nd.

You're just a Laker fan.

If we meet them it won't be until the WCF's. More than enough time to get our young center up to speed.

Bynum = 4 months layoff !! You're expecting too much. My goodness, he's not even running on a treadmill yet !! And you expect him to be up to speed for playoff intensity ?! What is he, Superman ? Do you even play basketball yourself ?

Stop crying like whiny Kobe jocker was this offseason. :cry :cry

Stop being a blind Laker homer. Take off those glasses for once. You might appreciate how other team plays the game.

spurms
03-10-2008, 04:41 AM
Yeah, Phil is just going to all of a sudden insert Bynum into the starting lineups after the first round. Why would he screw with the lineup in the middle of a playoffs, or even in the middle of a series. Are you out of your mind ?

And be a blind Laker homer like you ? No thanks.

Btw, I gave props to the Suns earlier today on their win.
You can suck on that.

You're just a Laker fan.

Bynum = 4 months layoff !! You're expecting too much. My goodness, he's not even running on a treadmill yet !! And you expect him to be up to speed for playoff intensity ?! What is he, Superman ? Do you even play basketball yourself ?

Stop being a blind Laker homer. Take off those glasses for once. You might appreciate how other team plays the game.

thats true even though bynum could help the lakers defensively, it's certainly marginal, and the offense they will be giving up if he takes up gasols minute would mean early first round exit, the lakers need a defensive stopper or two and bynum and ariza is not the answer this year.

Purple & Gold
03-10-2008, 04:54 AM

You're just a Laker fan.

No, what you are is just a Kobe fan. The panicky style gives it away.

Purple & Gold
03-10-2008, 05:06 AM

Do you think Phil is stupid enough to run a Gasol/Odom frontcourt out there for longer than he has to? Screwing with a lineup? If you think Phil doesn't change lineups and who he gives major minutes like nobodies business, then you don't really know the Lakers.

:lol :lol Have you ever played basketball? Of course I have. I've played enough and had enough injuries to know that the swelling will not go down anytime soon, but that doesn't mean he can't play. No ligament damage and you got him out for half a year? You do realize that May is a long time away? And again what you fail to acknowledge in all of your ramblings is that Bynum doesn't have to be Superman. All he needs to do is shore up our center position and allow Gasol to play PF. You honestly sound like a spur fan masquerading as a Laker fan.

Stop sucking the spurs dick and you might realize that they have their own flaws and ain't all that.

DazedAndConfused
03-10-2008, 09:54 AM
LA24 you sound like the doom and gloom posters over on LG, wouldn't surprise me if you were one of them. Crying like a baby after every loss.

Lamar Odom didn't touch a basketball for 6 fucking months and was back to his normal self in about 3 weeks. He has to do FAR more with the ball than Bynum does. How long do you think it will take Bynum to remember how to dunk, rebound, and block shots? And you act like he's been sitting on his ass this entire time, he's been in the gym rehabbing and working on his shot and whatever other basketball skills he can. It's not like he will have regressed THAT far when he gets back.

Stop being a fucking pussy.

LakeShow
03-10-2008, 11:18 AM
:danceclub :danceclub

LakeShow
03-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Funny how a regular season loss to an inferior team makes top news on this forum when it's the lakers that lose.

Bad game by the lakers and they obviously did not take the kings seriously. I see the lakers getting a little too cocky for their own good. They did not look the least concerned with the kings yesterday, thinking they could turn it on when the want to. Bad Move, we're not there yet. I agree with Med, when he stated maybe the lakers needed to lose a couple of games to get their intensity back. They'll be ready for the good teams but just show up for the bad ones. We have to change that mentality.

word
03-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Funny how many Laker fans there are in a Spurs forum.

Banzai
03-10-2008, 06:54 PM
This will be the Laker team they'll face. And we're NOT going to be a full strength this year. Sorry, I don't see it happening. Ariza is not even CLOSE to coming back. Mihm ? He's worthless. Bynum is a huge question mark. Given that he was out 4 month, to expect him to play at playoff level right off the bat is asking too much.

Sorry, next year. The real test begins when playoffs come around..and the way the Lakers are playing with the lack of defense..they will get chewed in the playoffs if something isn't fixed. Since Bynum and Ariza have been out for quite awhile there is no telling how they will come back physically. So I'll hope the Lakers get far..but if they don't get far in the playoffs then they have work to do.

DazedAndConfused
03-10-2008, 07:16 PM
It's OK we are still most definitely a work in progress. Unlike the other contenders we haven't even come close to hitting our potential as a team together. Kobe has perhaps another 3-5 years of his prime left as do Gasol and Odom. The youngins will just keep getting better and this team will gain valuable playoff experience. I fully expect this squad to dominate the league next year.

BgT
03-11-2008, 02:18 PM
the stats said beno shoots 75% and I believe TD is around 69-70%

That's what the Lakers feed said prior to beno's ft's
Let's see:
- you don't seem to be very intelligent if you believe everything you see on TV
- you are lazy, because ploto told you he shoots 85% and you still chose not to check it for yorself
- you are deaf, because the guy said "he is a VERY good free throw shooter" prior to the free throws.
- and you are blind, because I have watched replay of the Lakers feed and it showed this number with the five and the percentage sign:

Now how does that number look to you?

This is a classic example of not admiting your mistake online even when everything shows you are wrong...

Chris Childs
03-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Funny how many Laker fans there are in a Spurs forum.

That's exactly what I've been saying!