03-09-2008, 11:14 PM
so lakers have lost as many games as spurs

Hemotivo
03-09-2008, 11:15 PM
:lmao lal

BENO!

Beno Udrih
03-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Beno Time (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2309527&posted=1#post2309527)

Banzai
03-09-2008, 11:18 PM
ya Beno played great tonight for sure.

spurms
03-09-2008, 11:23 PM
and now he's giving the spurs covert information on how to exploit the lakers!

Banzai
03-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Well speaking of taking a crap..I took 2 big ones today..and I need to go take another right now....

Fillmoe
03-09-2008, 11:36 PM
u should take it on your kobe jersey

J.T.
03-10-2008, 12:40 AM
Well I'm glad Beno has found a home somewhere other than the end of our bench. Even more glad he cashed in a dolla bill and 25 points on the fuckin Lakers.

MajicMan
03-10-2008, 12:42 AM
What is this? A Suckramento Queen fan talking shit? Say it ain't so. Yeah, we lost but you guys suck and we still own your souls. Queens fans worship a career choker in Piss Webber. That is your greatest memory. A sad one at that. You guys suck huge donkey balls and you want to pick a fight with Laker fans? When have you guys ever won a battle?

J.T.
03-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Well, the Queens stopped you guys from undoubtedly moving into 1st. Now you're just in first because you've played more games than we have. So suck on that.

DazedAndConfused
03-10-2008, 12:52 AM
LOL at least we didn't lose to the Shaq Suns, now that is fucking pathetic. Oh and the Sporks have lost to the Queens this year too so I wouldn't talk shit.

Tradition
03-10-2008, 12:52 AM
In Stone Cold terms:

IF YOU'RE SICK OF THE LAKERS GIMME A HELL YEAH!

:devil

Purple & Gold
03-10-2008, 03:23 AM
And fillmoe's Queens still looking forward to another lottery pick. Tell me how it feels to have celebrated that Rochester Royals ring.

rAm
03-10-2008, 11:09 AM
u should take it on your kobe jersey

haha :lol

MacGyver
01-09-2009, 04:27 PM
What has happened to him lately?

ploto
01-09-2009, 04:32 PM
What has happened to him lately?
Same song, second verse

If Beno Udrih had any luxury in mind at this point in his career, he figured it would come with his new contract.

A five-year, $32.3 million deal signed last summer left ample room for opulence as the Kings point guard's journey went from securing a long-term agreement to proving he was worth it. Yet as interim coach Kenny Natt discussed his point guards after Wednesday's practice, the luxury of which he spoke would be of no comfort to Udrih.

"One of the things we have as a luxury is having other (point guards) where, if you don't do the job now, then we'll move those guys in and around," Natt said matter-of-factly. "When guys get that message that the coach is going to hold us accountable, and (that) if we're not getting it done, we're … sitting down but that all the players have an opportunity to play, it works well both ways."

Such was the case against the Clippers on Tuesday. As the Kings crafted a 16-2 run spanning the third and fourth quarters, it was rookie Bobby Brown playing his only seven minutes of the game. When they held the Clippers to one point and 0-for-6 shooting in the final 3:01 in a rare defensive stand, it was veteran Bobby Jackson at point while fulfilling his assignment to track Baron Davis (0-of-5 fourth-quarter shooting).

Udrih, meanwhile, continued to have plenty of competition for his job.

"Obviously Beno is our starting point guard, and we're going to continue to go with him," Natt said without being asked whether Udrih still was the starter. "Beno is our leading point guard, and we'll go with that based on how the game is going."

While Udrih's overall production is down from last season, his penchant for turnovers and lack of floor command have led to this point. Natt has not hesitated to pull him for poor execution and occasionally has ditched his mild-mannered persona to holler at Udrih courtside, just as former coach Reggie Theus did. Asked if he still was learning how best to motivate Udrih, Natt said it was his own style that mattered far more than that of any player.

"I'm still working on (how best to reach Udrih), but right now I'm just trying to be Kenny Natt," he said. "And my way of doing it is asking you to do a certain thing, and if you don't do it, then I'm going to be me. I'll bring another guy in."

Udrih isn't alone, of course. But each point guard's ability to respond to Natt's straightforward requests will largely dictate playing time. As such, Brown's development will continue to play a large part.

The Cal State Fullerton product is widely seen by teammates as the team's most athletic player. Among the many demands put on him by Natt, his ability to use his quickness to play pressure defense most intrigues the coach.

"(Natt) likes pressure on the ball, so the point guards can't come set up easy offense and just come down dribbling," said Brown, who is averaging 15.7 minutes this season. "If that's one thing he wants, I'm going to do it."

Swingman John Salmons has championed Brown's raw talent since training camp and said he has the potential to be among the league's best defensive point guards.

"I think the biggest thing for him is he has to learn to cause havoc all game," Salmons said. "He's got to get up in his man like a Chris Paul (of New Orleans). He's causing havoc all game, all over the court. … Once (Brown) gets that mentality, I think he'll be a special player. He's got all the ability in the world."

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1510533.html

ClingingMars
01-09-2009, 05:35 PM
epic bump

-Mars

timvp
01-09-2009, 05:54 PM
And now begins Beno's slow waltz towards getting his contract bought out . . .

Bruno
01-09-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't know if they have been posted here, but sacbee has had some nice articles about Beno during the preseason :

Beno being called out by his coach and the franchise player :
http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1332945.html

The team didn't know of Udrih's absence against Portland until the starting lineup was announced to the crowd, this after the coaching staff was told just 15 minutes before tipoff. After rookie Bobby Brown was told after the national anthem he was starting, the Kings were down 16-6 just six minutes in.

"It was unfortunate that we didn't know (about Udrih's absence)," shooting guard Kevin Martin said. "We've just got to know a little ahead of time, and if you're only 60 or 70 percent and you can play, we need you out there. But whoever's going to be out there on the court when game time comes, we've got to play them."

Theus, who made it clear he was not second-guessing the team's medical staff, is confident Udrih would have played had the game counted.

"I understand (sitting in the) preseason, but to me that's something he's got to work through," Theus said. "You're not going to ever be 100 percent. … After training camp starts, there's very little time that you're ever 100 percent. But I do believe that if it was a regular-season game, he would've played."

Some golden quotes from Beno :
http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1352176.html

"I always liked the pressure," said Udrih, who signed a five-year, $32 million extension last summer, "and this year the ball is in my hands more. That's how it has to be. There's one ball and five guys on the court. Reggie has asked me to (increase) assists, get up to seven or eight per game, and our sets should let me do that.

The former San Antonio Spurs backup has been known to skip practices because of nagging injuries, which doesn't make him unique in the NBA but hardly endears him to teammates or coaches.

"We little guys get banged up," explained Udrih, who has been slowed by a sore hip. "My goal is to play all 82 games, but if I get 75, that would be great."

Texas_Ranger
01-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Beno time.:rollin

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-09-2009, 07:09 PM
epic bump

-Mars

more like a bump of epic proportions.

mystargtr34
01-09-2009, 07:22 PM
What an absolute puss of a human being that guy is.