PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili's second half performances...

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Ginobili seems to be tailing off in the second half of games recently.

He always gets off to a hot start, but always cools off in the third and fourth quarters for the most part. It's almost like he's got Tony Parker syndrome from last year PRIOR TO THE PLAYOFFS.

So are teams just zeroing in and adjusting to Manu more or is he actually getting tired?

I don't know how much of Super Manu I can expect to see for the playoffs, but if teams are able to figure him out before then we could be in a lot of trouble.

Hopefully that is not the case.

loveforthegame
03-10-2008, 12:30 AM
A combination of things really. The last couple games he was in foul trouble, some teams adjust better in the 2nd half, other guys stepping up, and fatigue probably plays a factor as well. Not to mention the constant bumps he takes.

jag
03-10-2008, 12:32 AM
When you play as hard as he does it becomes difficult to sustain that for the duration of the game. I'll say it again, Pop needs to be careful with Manu's minutes.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2008, 12:34 AM
I also wonder if it's Manu himself who is allowing for a second half snag.

Today, he took a lot of ill advised shots with very little ball movement and was just jacking them up.

When they go in, Manu is a god, but when they don't...well....uh....you know how that goes.

JamStone
03-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Well over the last couple weeks, those same ill advised shots were going in A LOT. With Manu, he's going to play that same way all the time. Most times, he'll do positive things. When he doesn't, he might be viewed as a goat. I don't think that's fair. More times than not, he'll come through with a big play or a big make. Gotta miss and mess up sometimes. He ain't perfect.

carina_gino20
03-10-2008, 12:48 AM
fatigue + foul trouble

Dingle Barry
03-10-2008, 12:49 AM
We lean on him too much; he is the only ballhandler that can create his own shot when Parker is on one of mini-vacations.

porscha
03-10-2008, 12:57 AM
I'm more worried of tony & tim :sleep

T Park
03-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Parker was fine today

Ginobili shot 30% today.

Ginobili needs a couple days off.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2008, 01:03 AM
Parker struggled in the second half BUT he did have his outside jumper going.

If I'm going to complain about anyone on SA for today's game, it won't be TP, he showed up.

JamStone
03-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Parker was fine??? Parker started off 4-for-4 from the field and ended up 7-for-15, meaning he was 3 for his last 11 shot attempts. He was pretty much a non factor for the majority of the game after the first quarter and hitting free throws in the third quarter. He only had 3 points in the fourth quarter.

Parker did not look fine to me today.

Plus, Manu got fouled on at least 3 probably more of those attempts that ended up as misses.

Kori Ellis
03-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Neither Parker or Manu were great today, but each had some good moments. Tony started out fresh, but he is still looking a step slow in the last few games. He had that good stretch in the 3rd where he got to line repeatedly. Manu was pressing way too hard in the first half and made ill advised shots. In the third quarter, he got too passive, then in the fourth, he was agressive again (but things didn't go his way).

No one played that well today for the Spurs.

WalterBenitez
03-10-2008, 06:58 AM
When 2 of the trio play bad, we need someone else steping up to win, Bruce, Mike, Oberto, Udoka, etc.

KT did it well, but missed a couple of easy shots.

POP needs to stop using many as wildcard, let him leave on the bench or put him as starter, I know Manu says he doesn't care, but he's a human being and in some ocasion it matters.

Rick Von Braun
03-10-2008, 10:02 AM
He is being forced to being super aggressive because "Pop wants his punch off the bench". He is playing magnificent with TD, but hey, Pop doesn't want him to play with him.

Manu has shown that he can easily handle 34 minutes per game... we are not talking about 38, 40, or 42 minutes... just 34. It is very easy to get a rotation where 2 of the big 3 are on the floor at all times, and they all start 1st and 3rd quarter and finish the 2nd and 4th quarter; all them playing ~34 minutes per game.

Manu could also have significant playing time with Oberto if Pop where to do the rotations right.

I think Pop is a great coach, but sometimes is a stubborn SoB.

SuperManu!!!
03-10-2008, 11:21 AM
We lean on him too much; he is the only ballhandler that can create his own shot when Parker is on one of mini-vacations.

Bingo! Also, our non stelar player sucks! Besides manu, duncan and TP, the only other 2 guys that are stepping up are thomas and udoka. What the fuck is wrong with the rest of the team? They look afraid to shoot.

SouthernFried
03-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Manu AND TP just needed to kick it out during the Suns game. That means POP needed to have more perimeter shooters on the court when playing PHX. They were trying to get into the lane for their normal layups, getting exhausted because...well, PHX ain't so vulnerable in the middle anymore. This was a learning experience.

PHX perimeter Defense is its weak point. I'm sure Manu, TP...and POP will have that figured out by our next meeting.

Manu has been clutch in 4th quarters time and time again...very recently too. Next PHX meeting...he will be again. Guaranteed.

Barry, Finley, Bowen and KT will have a field day.

SpurAddict561
03-10-2008, 12:49 PM
He barely got any minutes in the 2nd half yesterday...

Pop took him out with foul trouble then just left him out.

We needed him in there bad in the last stretch.....BAD

hater
03-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Manu was amazing yesterday. the commentators might as well have sucked his dick on midcourt.

Pop sat manu down and we had noone besides KT doing anything.

SpurAddict561
03-10-2008, 12:53 PM
If anything Finley has been playing like SHIT, 1st AND 2nd half........it's killing me.

Hopefully he gets out of it before the playoffs.

Deimosfobos
03-10-2008, 12:59 PM
I don't think hes tired, fould troble and bad plays is the problem imo.

They are not giving the ball to Manu on good possesions, they mostly give the ball to him on garbage ones, specting for him to somehow magically score on each one...

At least on the last 2 games, manu was not helped at all in the second half, like giving him the ball in a corner with 2 defenders on him and 6 sec remaning... I know he is good, but unless he's possed that night, he won't make most.

Many times i saw Parker penetrating or Duncan doing a post move with Manu wide open for the 3 on the second half, he never got the ball...

SpurOutofTownFan
03-10-2008, 01:11 PM
the last 2 games manu got a 3rd foul before halftime if I remember correctly - that has to count for his aggresiveness. He plays on the edge all the time and it may be reckless here and there. Also of course playing over 30 minutes can take its toll but manu has been always known for closing out game on the 4th especially when he was coming off the bench. Last 2 games, the entire team didn't make stops or couldn't buy a shot so it's difficult to pin these 2 last losses on manu. I also agree with Deimosfobos, he's getting the ball a lot of times as a last resort and expect him to hit a shot or do something special. Ball movement needs to be improved sustantially and those who are supposed to hit the 3 need to hit it.

SpurAddict561
03-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm still pissed at this thread.

Without Manu we would be fighting for a fucking 6-8 seed right now.

Manu has CARRIED US this year...seriously.

How dare you! lol