PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Opponents Go All Out against Us

Rique
03-10-2008, 06:19 AM
Is it just me or are the Spurs literally catching all their opponents right now during must win games? These last couple of games I saw, the opponents have been balls to the wall against the Spurs. Both Denver and Phoenix played with a playoff intensity against the Spurs. However, Denver went on to play Utah the following day and went down by nearly 40ish points at one time. The Suns were riding a two game losing streak and a 3-6 record as of late, but lo and behold, against the Spurs they play their hearts out. It looks like from here on out it is going to be like this. I know it sucks with about 5 back to back games left. I have a feeling its going to take a toll on the Spurs a bit, but hopefully it will also kick the Spurs into gear.

Kobayagi
03-10-2008, 07:29 AM
How can you be surprised? Nothing boosts confidence like beating the defending champs no matter what month it is. It's something that comes with those golden trophies and rings.

urunobili
03-10-2008, 07:30 AM
we can only benefit from this.. it will be necessary to turn up a notch and play Spurs basketball all the way

DarrinS
03-10-2008, 07:46 AM
Denver looked better than Phoenix.

SAGambler
03-10-2008, 07:57 AM
And if you are the Champ, you should bring equal intensity to the game.

BTW...That sounds like a Cuban whine...."They are playing too hard against us".

Cry Havoc
03-10-2008, 09:47 AM
And if you are the Champ, you should bring equal intensity to the game.

BTW...That sounds like a Cuban whine...."They are playing too hard against us".

We're .5 games back of the lead in the West with at least one of our top 3 hurt for the entire year.

43-19 is not an atrocious record. It's not great for what we have, but all things considered, I don't see the need to press the panic button.

duncan228
03-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Duncan has said it every season after they've won.

Defending Champions play with a target on their backs the entire season.
For 82 games every single opponent, from the cellar dwellers to the top of the league, bring their 'A' game to see how they measure up against the defending Champions.

It's the way it is. You always want to see how you play against the best. And no matter how the Spurs are playing at that moment they are still considered the best because the Trophy is theirs.

samikeyp
03-10-2008, 10:13 AM
we can only benefit from this.. it will be necessary to turn up a notch and play Spurs basketball all the way

Well said. :tu

Facing the opponents best effort night in and night out only makes you better.

That is part of the responsibility that comes with that trophy.

Indazone
03-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Adlelman talked to Byron Scott before the game and they both commented how every game from here on out was a playoff game. The intensity is very high. It's like a 20 game playoff series.

1Parker1
03-10-2008, 10:32 AM
That is one of the reasons why it's hard for champs to repeat.

hater
03-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Phoenix sucks. this game they should have blown out the SPurs the way we were playing. And they BARELY won????

Suns will not make it past 1st round

Supreme_Being
03-10-2008, 11:05 AM
What can I say? Spurs are the champs.

'nuff said.

Budkin
03-10-2008, 11:23 AM
We are the champions my friends.... and we'll keep on fighting to the end...

Indazone
03-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Wondering how the Rockets match up with the Suns.