PDA

View Full Version : stat reasons why the spurs lost

toosmallshoes
01-11-2005, 02:15 AM
Only 11 assists. Udrih had a turnover. Bad game.
:hang
Spurs hung themselves.

exstatic
01-11-2005, 02:19 AM
They scored enough times to win most nights. They just got worked on the boards. Utah took like 11 more shots. The Spurs were not sharp on the D glass, and Utah got a lot of second chance points.

Rummpd
01-11-2005, 02:41 AM
Parker missing 4 straight FTs in close game and others with clunks. On road got to hit these Tim did - others stunk.

MadDoc

whottt
01-11-2005, 02:58 AM
Defense and rebounding.

manustarting2gd
01-11-2005, 03:04 AM
All three.. defense, rebounding and free's. The components to a bad night. Utah season ticket holders rejoice for the Jazz best night at home this season, and a game where seemingly every shot fell for them and we happen to be the lucky team on top of all our shortcomings on our squad tonight.

T Park
01-11-2005, 03:10 AM
2 things the Spurs do well when they give a shit.

If Rose or Rasho were in the game in the end, more than likely that rebound is gotten.

2pac
01-11-2005, 04:57 AM
We have the largest assist to opp assist ratio in the NBA. The Jazz had more assists than us. Poor passing, poor defense.

GrandeDavid
01-11-2005, 05:09 AM
Not to stoke an old fire, but Rasho's 6 point, no block, 6 rebound performance probably did not help much. Oh wait, Rasho scored at least a point, I forgot that that's call for celebration. Rah rah!

GrandeDavid
01-11-2005, 05:16 AM
Also, in fairness, Tony Parker shooting 5-10 from the foul line did not help either. There is absolutely no excuse for Tony to shoot so Rasho-like from the foul line.

SlovenianGuy
01-11-2005, 06:04 AM
I dont' know if Rasho guarded Okur or anyone else, but I think it's interesting to know the following:

Okur scored 4 points when Rasho was in the game (31 minutes)
Okur scored 19 points when Rasho was on the bench (17 minutes)

Any comments?

SLOVENIAN 8
01-11-2005, 06:33 AM
I dont' know if Rasho guarded Okur or anyone else, but I think it's interesting to know the following:

Any comments?
Interesting. Tell that Pope! When Slovenia play with Turkey last year Rasho eat Okur.

I really dont know why Rasho never end game on the court??

Slo spurs fan
01-11-2005, 07:40 AM

Any comments?

Good point !!!

Useruser666
01-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Ok, since this has turned into another Rasho thread:

I was happy to see Rasho score 6 points early and pull some boards down. What killed all of that effort was when he got that POINT BLANK pass right under the basket and INSTEAD of going up and flushing it, what does he do? He lets it float up like a soap bubble and it bounces long over the other side of the rim. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!! That would have been a perfect time for him to priove everyone wrong and dunk it. Or atleast make the damn layup. He was wide open. I'm sure Pop was pissed at him for that.

Why wasn't Rasho on the floor at the end of the game? Well for one Horry was playing pretty damn good! Did anyone see those two blocks he had? He was hustling like crazy all over both ends of the floor. He made a few mistakes, but was good from the line. With him playing like that, and his ablity to hit the three, Rasho just couldn't get out there.

For his early effort I will cut him some slack. For that soft layup, he needs a kick in the pants.

SlovenianGuy
01-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Well for one Horry was playing pretty damn good! Did anyone see those two blocks he had?

I didn't se the game and now I'm confused.

Almost everyone is talking about Horry having a very average game at best.

It looks like I have to wait for timvp's grades :rolleyes

CosmicCowboy
01-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Spurs missed 8 of the last 20 free throws. Nuff said. The game still shouldn't have been close but in an 82 game regular season shit happens.

SlovenianGuy
01-11-2005, 10:26 AM
CC, they only missed nine in the whole game.

Kori Ellis
01-11-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm guessing that Cosmic meant they MISSED eight of their last 20 freethrows.

CosmicCowboy
01-11-2005, 11:09 AM
yep...between free throws and not boxing out they just let that game get away from them...it shouldn't have been that close at the end...oh well.

Dex
01-11-2005, 11:12 AM
I didn't se the game and now I'm confused.

Almost everyone is talking about Horry having a very average game at best.

It looks like I have to wait for timvp's grades :rolleyes

Horry's game really touched both sides of the pendulum.

On one side, he had a couple viscious blocks and a few other altered shots, and he hit his free throws when we needed him to.

On the other, he wasn't making his shots, he wasn't active on the boards, and his defensive presence seemed to be lacking. Not to mention he and Tim were doing a horrible job of boxing out and covering the defensive glass, which ultimately gaze Okur a monster dunk to keep the Jazz in the game, AND the putback which would eventually give it to them.

You be the judge. I'm betting timvp will probably stick him with like a 75.