PDA

View Full Version : Two straight losses...

Extra Stout
03-10-2008, 11:15 AM
...time to jump off the bandwagon I guess. The Spurs' run is over. Trade Duncan, Manu, and Parker. Ah, what's the use. The Spurs will never be good again. They'll move to Columbus, OH, or Louisville, or Birmingham, or something. The economy in San Antonio is going to tank, everybody will be hungry and homeless, and the Tower of the Americas will collapse from neglect onto I-37, killing hundreds. My wife will soon leave me and I will die of a horrible, wasting disease. All is lost.

Unless of course they beat Denver tonight. That means they'll never lose another game for the next 10,000 years.

TampaDude
03-10-2008, 11:47 AM
...time to jump off the bandwagon I guess. The Spurs' run is over. Trade Duncan, Manu, and Parker. Ah, what's the use. The Spurs will never be good again. They'll move to Columbus, OH, or Louisville, or Birmingham, or something. The economy in San Antonio is going to tank, everybody will be hungry and homeless, and the Tower of the Americas will collapse from neglect onto I-37, killing hundreds. My wife will soon leave me and I will die of a horrible, wasting disease. All is lost.

Unless of course they beat Denver tonight. That means they'll never lose another game for the next 10,000 years.

+1 Yup...that's pretty much it in a nutshell... :lol

SouthernFried
03-10-2008, 12:01 PM
I actually feel pretty good about the loss to PHX. Saw a lot in that game. Sorta reminds me of the loss to Boston, which I felt pretty good about as well...for differing reasons.

The loss to Boston showed me that the Spurs still were competitive at the top levels of this game. The loss to PHX showed me just how vulnerable that particular team is.

Hint: How wide open was Kurt Thomas on those pick and rolls?
Hint2: As Manu stated at halftime..."I just need to kick it out more." Well...?? (listen up TP)
Hint3: PHX is now strong inside, but...

PHX is not in my top 3 teams to fear in the West. As long as Pop is as smart as I know he is ( :) )...PHX will be one of our easier matchups.

TampaDude
03-10-2008, 12:09 PM
PHX is not in my top 3 teams to fear in the West. As long as Pop is as smart as I know he is ( :) )...PHX will be one of our easier matchups.

Yup...Lakers, Jazz, and Rockets...those are the teams that worry me the most in the West.

hater
03-10-2008, 12:10 PM
I am glad bandwagoners are jumping off.

I like to travel light to a championship

SpursDynasty
03-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Well, those two losses were more about lucky shots by Denver and missed shots by us against Phoenix. Phoenix would have probably still scored 94 points, but it was more about that we didn't hit our four or five point-blank shots there in the closing minutes of the 4th. Therefore, there's nothing to worry about. Simple as that.

Denver is a non-playoff West team and Phoenix is the sixth seed. They are in those spots for a reason.