PDA

View Full Version : History has a way of repeating itself

LakeShow
03-10-2008, 11:37 AM
I look at the standings and I see the Celtics and Lakers leading both conferences and right behind them are fellow former Champions

Detroit
San Antonio
Houston

That's 39 titles between those teams. Can't remember the last time that I have seen all of these teams competing for a title in the same season since the 80's. Too Bad the bulls suck otherwise that would have been every title holder with 2 or more titles. The NBA is looking pretty good right now and the elite franchises are doing well. Great for the NBA and fans like ourselves. Love to see the competition of today.

:toast

clambake
03-10-2008, 11:42 AM
yeah, getting Gasol for a bottle of arrowhead didn't seem fishy at all.

LakeShow
03-10-2008, 11:59 AM
yeah, getting Gasol for a bottle of arrowhead didn't seem fishy at all.

:lol so you buy into the conspiracy theory? You think Stern and the NBA set this up?

clambake
03-10-2008, 12:07 PM
:lol so you buy into the conspiracy theory? You think Stern and the NBA set this up?
I'm jealous :lol so i will accept anything :spin

stretch
03-10-2008, 12:14 PM
lets just say... if it were the Mavericks doing the exact same trade, there is no way in HELL it would be approved.

SpursDynasty
03-10-2008, 12:16 PM
I look at the standings and I see the Celtics and Lakers leading both conferences and right behind them are fellow former Champions

Detroit
San Antonio
Houston

That's 39 titles between those teams. Can't remember the last time that I have seen all of these teams competing for a title in the same season since the 80's. Too Bad the bulls suck otherwise that would have been every title holder with 2 or more titles. The NBA is looking pretty good right now and the elite franchises are doing well. Great for the NBA and fans like ourselves. Love to see the competition of today.

Actually, the Spurs are tied with the Lakers in the loss column and hold the tiebreaker, so they hold #1 in terms of wins and losses, not percentage. We win tonight and it's identical records. LA can't erase any losses. Nice try though!

LEONARD
03-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Actually, the Spurs are tied with the Lakers in the loss column and hold the tiebreaker, so they hold #1 in terms of wins and losses, not percentage. We win tonight and it's identical records. LA can't erase any losses. Nice try though!

And what IF you lose tonight??

Did the Suns just shoot enough shots or what??

SpursDynasty
03-10-2008, 12:19 PM
And what IF you lose tonight??

Did the Suns just shoot enough shots or what??

A 9th place team in the West doesn't concern me. Nor does a sixth place team.

JamStone
03-10-2008, 12:23 PM

How are the Spurs #1 in terms of wins if the Lakers have one more win than the Spurs? The tie-breaker has no bearing if the Lakers end up with more wins.

LEONARD
03-10-2008, 12:24 PM
A 9th place team in the West doesn't concern me. Nor does a sixth place team.

You missed my point, genius...

So were you banned at spursreport or what? :lol

baseline bum
03-10-2008, 12:24 PM

Detroit
San Antonio
Houston

You forgot Philly ('68 & '83).

LakeShow
03-10-2008, 12:26 PM
You forgot Philly ('68 & '83).

:toast you're right I did forget Philly.

SpursDynasty
03-10-2008, 12:30 PM
How are the Spurs #1 in terms of wins if the Lakers have one more win than the Spurs? The tie-breaker has no bearing if the Lakers end up with more wins.

Because the Lakers can fall out of 1st without losing.