PDA

View Full Version : reason why shaq left duncan hanging

zocool16
03-10-2008, 11:39 AM
he said to jim rome he didn't notice duncan there cuz he was still hurting cuz of a hit to 'the scrotum'...lol I guess I understand better now

ancestron
03-10-2008, 11:41 AM
thats a lame excuse.

peacemaker885
03-10-2008, 11:42 AM
That was terrible...Tim has nudging him on the stomach and he wouldn't even look at him...tsk...

TampaDude
03-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Fuck Snaq and the Suns...

duncan228
03-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Bullshit.
There's no way he didn't see Duncan or know that Duncan was offering to help him up.
ABC re-ran it a few times, anyone could see Duncan touch him and Shaq's eyes look back and forth, avoiding any eye contact with Duncan.

He should have kept his mouth shut, what he said makes him look worse than he already did.
If he'd said he didn't want to accept help from an opponent, that he preferred one of his own teammates, he would have looked better. At least it would have been honest.

SouthernFried
03-10-2008, 11:50 AM
He's lying...and everyone knows it.

Shaq is who he is.

E20
03-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Well I'm just gonna go out and say it: FUCK SNACK DADDY.

spursfan09
03-10-2008, 12:04 PM
What an unclassy a-hole. He played good yesterday, but where has that been the last 2 seasons? He's old and nothing like he used to be. Duncan isn't going to backdown during the playoffs.

Avitus1
03-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Yea because its easy to miss a big guy standing over you.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-10-2008, 12:06 PM
this was a christmas gift in march for them. i'm sure shaq is sore as hell today despite his acrobatic move he pulled off.

greywheel
03-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Shaq is just upset because Duncan is in Nash's Fave 5 and he's not.

hater
03-10-2008, 12:08 PM
I am glad he didn't. Duncan would have dislocated a shoulder picking up that fat ass

Hemotivo
03-10-2008, 12:13 PM
:lol

SenorSpur
03-10-2008, 12:15 PM
I hope Duncan repays him by not shaking his hand once the Spurs oust those bitch-ass Suns during the upcoming playoffs.

BonnerDynasty
03-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Like Manu, Shaq didn't come to the NBA to make friends.

Nash2Amare
03-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Shaq is just upset because Duncan is in Nash's Fave 5 and he's not.
The fave 5 was about players he wishes he could play with...he's already playing with Shaq.............................................. ......

thebigchill
03-10-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm sure Tim is smart enough to take that as a compliment. Just shows what kind of antics Suns think they need to employ to beat us. Classless and pointless IMO.

spursfan09
03-10-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm sure Tim is smart enough to take that as a compliment. Just shows what kind of antics Suns think they need to employ to beat us. Classless and pointless IMO.

Nah I don't think Duncan even cares. Snaq wants to be an asshole than thats his right, but Duncan does things in a more classier way.

Harry Callahan
03-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I wonder if Rome would have interviewed Manu, Duncan, or Parker if SA had won yesterday. I doubt it. These media types so want to get Phoenix or LA in the finals against Boston. Sickening.

urunobili
03-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I hope Duncan repays him by not shaking his hand once the Spurs oust those bitch-ass Suns during the upcoming playoffs.
sorry to dissapoint but we all know Tim is better than that.... he'd help him anyway... :nope

BonnerDynasty
03-10-2008, 12:44 PM
I wonder if Rome would have interviewed Manu, Duncan, or Parker if SA had won yesterday. I doubt it. These media types so want to get Phoenix or LA in the finals against Boston. Sickening.

Manu was on Rome last week. The focus isn't on the Spurs beating the Suns in the REGULAR season b/c everyone knows they can. The focus last night was seeing if the Suns season is over.

1Parker1
03-10-2008, 12:45 PM
:lol There's no way Shaq missed Duncan standing over him. Especially when Duncan TWICE tapped him.

I don't know who the bigger DA is; Duncan for continuing to stand there and try to help Shaq after the first time he ignored him. Or Shaq for not even manning up and admiting the real reason why he dissed Duncan's help. :rolleyes

Shaq needs to grow up and stop this unneccesary drama routine.

Gino
03-10-2008, 12:45 PM
He did it because he knew Duncan is too wimpy to actually pull him up.

SpurAddict561
03-10-2008, 12:48 PM
What a bullshit excuse...he was hovering over Shaq and tapped him in the stomach.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Shaq respects Duncan. he just wanted to bring toughess to PHX. I was irritated about it at first, but if you heard Shaq's press conference when he first signed with the Suns you would know that he respects TD as much as 90% of the league.

If anything, I see his "I didn't notice him" comment as a sign of even bigger respect as oppose to "I didn't want his help" and making an even bigger deal out of the diss.

I also know that should the Spurs kill the Suns in the playoffs, Duncan will shake hands with Shaq.

Because it's just what he does.

Xylus
03-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? Most of you are dissing Shaq because he let his teammates help him up instead of his opponent? You guys will find just about any possible reason to hate the guy...

I mean, seriously, that's like saying Shaq is a mean asshole for fouling Timmy. Grow the fuck up, homers.

Amuseddaysleeper: Once again the voice of reason.

SAGambler
03-10-2008, 12:56 PM
He did it because he knew Duncan is too wimpy to actually pull him up.

Then that should mean Duncan was also too wimpy to put him on his ass in the first place. Can't believe they bought that FLOP.

And the one with Manu. Unbelievable. Shaq shoves him down. No foul called. Stumblebum Shaq trips his fat ass over Manu, fall on him, and Manu gets called for a foul.

Only under "for Shaq only rules".

spursfan09
03-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I bet if Duncan had a whopper in his hand, Shaq would have noticed.

Gino
03-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Shaq and the Suns sent a message and Spurs responded poorly.

Cry Havoc
03-10-2008, 01:04 PM
I can't wait for the playoffs.

SpurOutofTownFan
03-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I posted this last night:

I didn't think it was a big deal although it was clear Shaq saw and felt Duncan's hand trying to help him out and he looked to his right, then to his left and ignored him. That was hilarious at least. There's no mistery Shaq never gave credit to the spurs, even when TD hit that shot over his ass in the 0.4 seconds game, he said "a lucky shot deserves another one". The point is I didn't think Duncan was lucky right there, but he just shot the ball as he had been doing it all his career. The fatass just got owned so he made the funny comment when Fisher stole the game right after.

Shaq gets a little sore when he losses, everybody knows that.. but the epitome of sportmanship is Duncan. I don't think we will be seeing Shaq trying to help Duncan up in the upcoming games. Fuck the message you can give to your teammates. Between players of that caliber, respect is in the order.

VaSpursFan
03-10-2008, 01:13 PM
i hope snaq's snub fires the Spurs up for the next meeting.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-10-2008, 01:13 PM
It lead to a comic gem from JVG. Mark Jackson said something about Shaq not showing respect. Jeff said, "Of course he respects him. He just showed his respect by not showing it, which in my mind is a sign of just how great his respect is." Or something to that effect.

ehz33satx
03-10-2008, 01:29 PM
I don't understand why people are making a big deal out of Shaq ignoring Duncan. It happens all the time in sports. You fall down you wait for your teammates to help you up. Especially if it is a hard fought game and your competitive juices are flowing. F*CK the team your playing against. "GET YOUR HAND OUT OF MY FACE! I've got my teammates!"

Gino
03-10-2008, 01:31 PM
I don't understand why people are making a big deal out of Shaq ignoring Duncan. It happens all the time in sports. You fall down you wait for your teammates to help you up. Especially if it is a hard fought game and your competitive juices are flowing. F*CK the team your playing against. "GET YOUR HAND OUT OF MY FACE! I've got my teammates!"

Because every NBA player is class-less unless they play for the Spurs.

Or is Robert Horry.

Or Manu Ginobili.

Or Bruce Bowen.

GrandeDavid
03-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Wow, Shaq was on the JR Show? Or JR is Burning?

DarrinS
03-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Because every NBA player is class-less unless they play for the Spurs.

Or is Robert Horry.

Or Manu Ginobili.

Or Bruce Bowen.

There are a lot of classy players in the NBA, just none on the Celtics.

Xylus
03-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Exactly. :tu

Gino
03-10-2008, 02:21 PM
There are a lot of classy players in the NBA, just none on the Celtics.

Championship envy.

DarrinS
03-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Championship envy.

Where were you during the many years of Celtics irrelevance and futility?

You must be biting your nails with all that stiff competition in the East.

nkdlunch
03-10-2008, 02:43 PM
I don't think this is a big deal at all and Duncan does not give a fuck.

Duncan knows, next time he extends Shaq a hand will be to say "good series" after Spurs beat Suns AGAIN

Trainwreck2100
03-10-2008, 02:48 PM
reason why shaq left duncan hanging

cause he's a punkass

Dex
03-10-2008, 02:49 PM
If Shaq wants to piss off Duncan, that's cool with me. Duncan plays better with a chip on his shoulder anyways.

I was pretty surprised to see the Spurs lose after Shaq pulled that stunt yesterday, but it is what it is. Hopefully Duncan will stew on this a little bit and come out more motivated against Shaq next time.

to21
03-10-2008, 02:52 PM
This is good. I hate that he's always trying to help people up.

TampaDude
03-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Championship envy.

Riiiiight...you're probably a Niners fan, too... :lol

kskonn
03-10-2008, 03:11 PM
yea I don't see this as a big deal. who cares, I doubt Duncan is using this as motivation for the next time they play, pretty sure he does not need to. If he had yelled "duncan you are the shittiest player alive and your shittiness will rub off on me if I take your hand." Maybe we would have something to talk about.

Texas_Ranger
03-10-2008, 03:36 PM
:lol:lol

Ronaldo McDonald
03-10-2008, 03:38 PM
For some reason, an image of Shaqs nuts uncontrollably popped into my head. Jesus Christ they're probably the size of my head. They probably weigh a ton. It's no wonder he can't get any lift.

DarrinS
03-10-2008, 04:01 PM
For some reason, an image of Shaqs nuts uncontrollably popped into my head. Jesus Christ they're probably the size of my head. They probably weigh a ton. It's no wonder he can't get any lift.

:lol

Better be careful with his boys.

http://videodetective.com/photos/185/007803_16.jpg

gospursgojas
03-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Its funny how Shaq runs his mouth now that he's on a team that's relavant.

Shaq was a nobody for 2 years on the Heat.

Where was his ego when he was on a 10-30 squad?

Pathetic.

LilMissSPURfect
03-10-2008, 04:31 PM

tru
tru

rAm
03-10-2008, 04:38 PM
any video of it?

I missed that quarter.

phxspurfan
03-10-2008, 05:25 PM

LOL :spin

Dex
03-10-2008, 05:44 PM
any video of it?

I missed that quarter.

http://www.dailymotion.com/cluster/sport/video/x4nwua_shaq-shows-tim-duncan-no-respect_sport

Obstructed_View
03-10-2008, 05:50 PM
He should have told the truth and said "because Duncan was stupid for trying to help me up. I made him my bitch."

~Sweetmelody~
03-10-2008, 05:57 PM
You know, I get why players do that, but at the same time it’s stupid since we teach kids about sportsmanship and then something like that happens and we think it’s cool.