PDA

View Full Version : Prescription drugs found in drinking water across U.S.

lefty
03-10-2008, 03:20 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/03/10/pharma.water1.ap/index.html

Viva Las Espuelas
03-10-2008, 03:23 PM
first, Vitamin water. now this.

Ronaldo McDonald
03-10-2008, 04:18 PM
What the hell is in vitamin water? I drink it every morning...

BigZak
03-10-2008, 04:33 PM
put whatever drugs they want....i don't bend when it comes to fecal matter though...

Viva Las Espuelas
03-10-2008, 04:42 PM
What the hell is in vitamin water? I drink it every morning...:lmao

CuckingFunt
03-10-2008, 04:47 PM
What the hell is in vitamin water? I drink it every morning...Sugar. Lots and lots of sugar.

And red.

Dex
03-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Sugar. Lots and lots of sugar.

And red.

Bingo.

Vitamin Water / LifeWater / most of these new "healthy" drinks they're putting out are nothing but glorified kool-aid with vitamins put in.

Compare a can of Coke and a bottle of Vitamin Water.

Coca-Cola
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Can
Amount per Serving
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 40mg 2%
Potassium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 42g 14%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 42g
Protein 0g 0%

Vitamin Water - Energy
Serving Size: 1 bottle
Amount per Serving
Juice 0%
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 39g 12%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 39g
Protein 0%
Vitamin C 120%
Niacin (B3) 60%
Vitamin B6 60%
Vitamin B12 60%
Calcium 6%
Vitamin E 30%
Niacin (B3) 30%
Vitamin B6 30%
Vitamin B12 30%
Panthothenic Acid 30%
Zinc 30%

I mean, I guess it's better than just drinking the soda, because at least you get the vitamins. Or you could just eat a piece of fruit like people have been doing for thousands of years.

I'm not gonna front though. Some of them are pretty tasty. But I wouldn't necessarily call them good for you

BigZak
03-10-2008, 05:16 PM
ozarka baby!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.retail-digital.com/Pics/Retail-News--Ozarka-kent-news-225_4j0P.jpg

it's like 5 bux for over 30 bottles at costco...fo shizzle...:drunk

Ronaldo McDonald
03-10-2008, 06:21 PM
I was scared for just a moment. I thought they'd discovered that Vitamin water contained rat poison, or too much mercury, or chemicals that induce gene mutation.

If my worst habit is drinking vitamin water then so be it.

And to the person who mentioned that people have been eating fruits for thousands of years. No shit sherlock. But I bet fuit has a helluvalot of sugar as well. Plus, I'm allergic to alot of types fo fruit, so it's not the best source of vitamins for me.

Okay, maybe i'm a little bit gullable, but what about the anti-oxidants? They're in Vitamin water...they're always mentioned everywhere as being good for you...

Ronaldo McDonald
03-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Sugar. Lots and lots of sugar.

And red.

Okay, I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you elaborate?

I thought "red" was an adjective?

CuckingFunt
03-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Okay, I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you elaborate?

I thought "red" was an adjective?It was just a joke referring to the artificial coloring used in Vitamin Water.

BonnerDynasty
03-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Sugar. And. Purple.

Purple Drank.

Ronaldo McDonald
03-10-2008, 06:36 PM
It was just a joke referring to the artificial coloring used in Vitamin Water.

My bad.

Dex
03-10-2008, 06:57 PM
I was scared for just a moment. I thought they'd discovered that Vitamin water contained rat poison, or too much mercury, or chemicals that induce gene mutation.

If my worst habit is drinking vitamin water then so be it.

And to the person who mentioned that people have been eating fruits for thousands of years. No shit sherlock. But I bet fuit has a helluvalot of sugar as well. Plus, I'm allergic to alot of types fo fruit, so it's not the best source of vitamins for me.

Okay, maybe i'm a little bit gullable, but what about the anti-oxidants? They're in Vitamin water...they're always mentioned everywhere as being good for you...

But the sugar in fruit (fructose) turns into things your body can use, whereas the sugar in processed sugars (sucrose) just throws off your sugar levels and turns into fat.

As for antioxidants, they pretty much clean out your system from pollutants, and are more for health benefits such as preventing diabetes, heart disease, or cancer. You're getting that with the Vitamin C and E. Other good sources are Vitamin A, Carotenoids, and Selenium (most meats).

Once again, I'm not trying to say the stuff is bad. It's better to get the vitamins from it than nowhere at all. I just laugh every time I see somebody acting like they are on a health kick or carrying these around the gym, when it doesn't really hydrate you and it doesn't have anything you can't get with a multivitamin.

Phil Hellmuth
03-10-2008, 06:59 PM
LOL @ people thinking bottled water is safe from this harm too.

BigZak
03-10-2008, 07:07 PM
well...glad you laughed your ass off at something that's not funny...

kurt cobains..."i wish i was like you...easily amused" lines comes to mind...

now i'll laugh my ass off at something that has no relevance to this thread what so ever...excuse me...

:lmao

ShoogarBear
03-10-2008, 07:14 PM
http://www.bigredltd.com/files/images/product/product_bigred_bg.gif

Ronaldo McDonald
03-10-2008, 07:32 PM
But the sugar in fruit (fructose) turns into things your body can use, whereas the sugar in processed sugars (sucrose) just throws off your sugar levels and turns into fat.

As for antioxidants, they pretty much clean out your system from pollutants, and are more for health benefits such as preventing diabetes, heart disease, or cancer. You're getting that with the Vitamin C and E. Other good sources are Vitamin A, Carotenoids, and Selenium (most meats).

Once again, I'm not trying to say the stuff is bad. It's better to get the vitamins from it than nowhere at all. I just laugh every time I see somebody acting like they are on a health kick or carrying these around the gym, when it doesn't really hydrate you and it doesn't have anything you can't get with a multivitamin.

Thanks.

Since you seem be an expert on this stuff, can you tell me how safe the "MONSTER" drink is? I was pulling an all-nighter the other day, so I drank one, and suddenly I was Michael J. Fox, with my hands shaking. I'm thinking about having another one tonight. Is there one that is safer than the rest, or what?

Thanks is advance.

E20
03-10-2008, 07:38 PM
All those energy drinks, Monster, Rockstar, Vitamin Water.......dont' do jack shit to me. I still feel exactly the same way.

Dex
03-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks.

Since you seem be an expert on this stuff, can you tell me how safe the "MONSTER" drink is? I was pulling an all-nighter the other day, so I drank one, and suddenly I was Michael J. Fox, with my hands shaking. I'm thinking about having another one tonight. Is there one that is safer than the rest, or what?

Thanks is advance.

I just spend too much time on Google.

Energy drinks are usually packed with sugar too, as well as the usual energy boosters like ginseng, taurine, guarana, and of course, caffeine. All of these things will wake you up, but usually either increase your metabolism or your heart rate, which usually makes you jittery and bonks you out later.

One can of Monster (16 oz) has about 27g of sugar, and 160 mg of caffeine :spin A cup of instant coffee will usually average about 80 mg, a Coke has 34.

Red Bull is just as bad, but is still so awesome.

Phil Hellmuth
03-10-2008, 11:19 PM
One can of Monster (16 oz) has about 27g of sugar, and 160 mg of caffeine :spin A cup of instant coffee will usually average about 80 mg, a Coke has 34.

Red Bull is just as bad, but is still so awesome.

Starbucks Grande Coffee is about 250mg of caffeine. DOn't sleep on that.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Energy Drinks are for pussies, computer programmers, or ubercore WoW players who are on their 20th consecutive hour with no food.

Everyone else should drink coffee, like a man.

marini martini
03-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Glad I'm on well water :drunk

mrsmaalox
03-11-2008, 01:10 AM

Actually sugar is sugar..no matter what it comes in (fructose, sucrose, dextrose, glucose, etc). They all breakdown the same; the difference is in HOW your body breaks them down. Refined sugars more or less go right thru, your body doesn't need to do much work to use them as a quick energy source. Raw sugars require your body to do a little bit more work to break down to use for energy. So essentially you are using your body more efficiently to breakdown raw sugars---and actually burning calories in the process. Works the same way with simple and complex carbs: whole and processed grains.

And Rockstar has the best tasting sugar-free energy drink! :)

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-11-2008, 01:14 AM
Drugs in the water?

I guess I'll be ordering more H2Oh.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-11-2008, 02:48 PM
:lmao

what a tangent this thread went out on when i was trying to make it a joke. get it? vitamin water? drug water?

nevermind.

call down, biff