PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are #1 in the West again!!!

TampaDude
03-10-2008, 10:26 PM
The Spurs and Lakers have the same W-L records at 44-19, but the Spurs have a 2-1 edge in head-to-head games:

Tue, Nov 13 LA Lakers W 107-92

Thu, Dec 13 @ LA Lakers L 97-102

Wed, Jan 23 LA Lakers W 103-91

GO SPURS GO!!! :elephant :elephant :elephant

san antonio spurs
03-10-2008, 10:28 PM
over/under the days they can stay there.
I say under 3 days

loveforthegame
03-10-2008, 10:29 PM
It's going to be tough to keep with the Hornets, Detroit, and Boston coming up.

td4mvp21
03-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Yeah don't expect that to last long.

TampaDude
03-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Yeah don't expect that to last long.

I hear ya...that's why I'm going to enjoy it now... :toast

DazedAndConfused
03-10-2008, 10:33 PM
The Lakeshow should win against TOR, minus Bosh, so you hold onto the crown for 1 night :). And with both our upcoming road trips I wouldnt be surprised if NOH was on top.

Solid D
03-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Spurs/Lakers and then a Red juggernaut only 1 game behind.

honestfool84
03-10-2008, 10:35 PM
i don't think we need a new thread every time the spurs/lakers move into first place..
cause the way things are going right now, that is gonna happen ALOT.

DazedAndConfused
03-10-2008, 10:39 PM
^^agreed, it's gonna be musical chairs all the way until the end.

spursrocksocks
03-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Yeah, Its going to be changing at least every 3 days

remingtonbo2001
03-10-2008, 10:42 PM
LA can have the #1 seed going into the post-season.

TampaDude
03-10-2008, 10:42 PM
^^agreed, it's gonna be musical chairs all the way until the end.

+1 Never seen a season like this...the West is so tight...only 4 1/2 games separate the #1 seed from the #8 seed...crazy...every game is HUGE now!

T Park
03-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Eh, who knows.

You expect one thing and they do the other.

Why the hell not.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Yeah, Its going to be changing at least every 3 days
:lol I welcome the threads like these; these season is so odd.

honestfool84
03-10-2008, 10:47 PM
i think the rockets will crack..
and i think right now its only the spurs and lakers vying for that first place..

call me crazy..
but i don't think the spurs have to worry about the rockets.
(im positive ill get a lot of "you're crazy!"s

-David

DazedAndConfused
03-10-2008, 10:58 PM
^^I agree, the Rockets do this same song and dance every year only to get knocked out in the 1st round. If they get out of the 1st round then I'll take notice, until then they could win the rest of their games in the regular season and I wouldn't be worried.

honestfool84
03-10-2008, 11:03 PM
^^I agree, the Rockets do this same song and dance every year only to get knocked out in the 1st round. If they get out of the 1st round then I'll take notice, until then they could win the rest of their games in the regular season and I wouldn't be worried.

*offers hand to be shaken*

not often i agree with you, dazed and confused.
:toast

Indazone
03-10-2008, 11:04 PM
We like being the underdogs with a 19 game winning streak. The best indication of the strength of a team is margin of victory over opponents. By the end of the week, the Rockets will have the number one seed in the West.

Louie Vega
03-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Rockets = premature ejaculation.

honestfool84
03-10-2008, 11:07 PM
We like being the underdogs with a 19 game winning streak. The best indication of the strength of a team is margin of victory over opponents. By the end of the week, the Rockets will have the number one seed in the West.

i sorta understand the mavs, suns, and lakers talking trash, cause they've actually made it out of the first round..

but the rockets are talking trash now?
come on!

spursrocksocks
03-10-2008, 11:08 PM
lol, there gonna show the O-face in the first round

DazedAndConfused
03-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Right now the top 2 teams in the league are BOS and DET. Nobody in the WC is playing good enough ball to beat them in a 7 game series IMHO.

Indazone
03-10-2008, 11:17 PM
haha, just going with the flow. Rockets are putting up quality wins. Not just quality wins but blowout wins. Against the Nuggets whom you guys just beat 107 to 103 for a 4 pt differential. We beat the same team 103 to 89 for a 14 pt differential.

Want more? ok..how bout some recent history?

Indiana vs Spurs 108-97 11 pt differential
Indiana vs Rockets 117-99 18 pt differential

Dallas vs Spurs 97-94 3 pt differential
Dallas vs Rockets 113-98 15 pt differential

Hornets vs Spurs 98-89 9 pt differential
Hornets vs Rockets 100-80 20 pt differential
Hornets vs Rockets 106-96 10 pt diffential

Be afraid..be very afraid :D

Tigole Bitties
03-10-2008, 11:19 PM
he... Sprockets fans are coming out of the woodwork and kinda cocky after this win streak

honestfool84
03-10-2008, 11:23 PM
haha, just going with the flow. Rockets are putting up quality wins. Not just quality wins but blowout wins. Against the Nuggets whom you guys just beat 107 to 103 for a 4 pt differential. We beat the same team 103 to 89 for a 14 pt differential.

Be afraid..be very afraid :D

want some history?
how 'bout this.

99 nba champs.
03 nba champs.
05 nba champs.
07 nba champs.

2007 -- lost to Utah, 4-3, first round

2005 -- lost to Dallas, 4-3, first round

2004 -- lost to LA Lakers, 4-1,first round

1999 -- lost to LA Lakers, 3-1, first round

1998 -- lost to Utah, 3-2, first round

now why don't you take a cup of :stfu?

NRHector
03-10-2008, 11:40 PM
i don't think we need a new thread every time the spurs/lakers move into first place..
cause the way things are going right now, that is gonna happen ALOT.
she is hot, is she megan fox?

NRHector
03-10-2008, 11:43 PM

Be afraid..be very afraid :Dyou are one dumbfuck a WIN IS A WIN NO MATTER HOW, rockets are not passing the first round they are under life support machine

Banzai
03-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Rockets = premature ejaculation.
:lol :lmao

honestfool84
03-10-2008, 11:45 PM
she is hot, is she megan fox?

yes.
:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Banzai
03-10-2008, 11:47 PM
you are one dumb fuck a WIN IS A WIN NO MATTER HOW, rockets are not passing the first round they are under life support machine

well maybe the rockets will make a little noise..but they will be eliminated eventually.

NRHector
03-10-2008, 11:51 PM
yes.
:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokinshe is a goddess

honestfool84
03-10-2008, 11:54 PM
she is a goddess

dude.
they should take away my photoshopping skills, and then any pictures of her and any hot p*rn st*r. hahahahahaha. (guess the vowels)

NRHector
03-11-2008, 12:09 AM
dude.
they should take away my photoshopping skills, and then any pictures of her and any hot p*rn st*r. hahahahahaha. (guess the vowels)well if you can post more pic of her go ahead I don't mind she is a babe

milkyway21
03-11-2008, 12:22 AM
we need to focus more on who we are up against in the playoffs than the seedings, IMO

19 games more to play
countdown...

Princess Pimp
03-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Enjoy it while you can...

5th or 6th seed by the weekend.

Indazone
03-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Rockets number one in the Power Rankings. CNN, ESPN, Sporting News, and SI.

DazedAndConfused
03-11-2008, 01:11 AM
^^Do you honestly think the Rockets could beat DET or BOS in a 7 game series?

Indazone
03-11-2008, 01:13 AM
Well we'll see what the Rockets are made of next week won't we?

DazedAndConfused
03-11-2008, 01:35 AM
A long win streak means nothing. The playoffs are a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BEAST. SAS could lose every other game from here until the end of the regular season and I'll still be afraid of them in the playoffs.

Indazone
03-11-2008, 01:37 AM
All I am gonna say is this is not Van Stumpy's boring predictable Rockets anymore with Robot players. This team flows.

Fabbs
03-11-2008, 01:55 AM
A long win streak means nothing. The playoffs are a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BEAST. SAS could lose every other game from here until the end of the regular season and I'll still be afraid of them in the playoffs.
Wrong. Only 2 teams in NBA history have streaked longer then the current Rockets. Both of them titled and of the top 6 streakers, 5 of them titled.
Does not mean the Rockets will title but this is not your usual regular season streak leading up to a Van Grunty style exit. It's 19 games and counting.

What happens to the Rockets in Round 1 this year? Who knows, but it appears it wont be some self destruct boreball like previous outs.

honestfool84
03-11-2008, 10:50 AM
All I am gonna say is this is not Van Stumpy's boring predictable Rockets anymore with Robot players. This team flows.

whenever i read your posts, i automatically think of scola sitting at his computer, posting on spurstalk.com...

TampaDude
03-11-2008, 12:48 PM
^^Do you honestly think the Rockets could beat DET or BOS in a 7 game series?

If the Rockets played the Pistons or the Celtics, the series would go 5 games, max...Detroit or Boston would ABUSE them!

lefty
03-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I can't believe this; we are playing like sh...., and we are tied for the top spot in the West.

Works for me :santahat

SAGambler
03-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Right now the top 2 teams in the league are BOS and DET. Nobody in the WC is playing good enough ball to beat them in a 7 game series IMHO.

Detroit has 2 more wins than the Spurs and Lakers.

Boston has 6 more wins than the Spurs and Lakers.

What do you think the record of the Spurs or Lakers would be if they were playing the majority of their games against the weak ass teams of the East?

I would guess both the Lakers and the Spurs would have surpassed both of them.

Plus to come out of the East, what kind of intensity are you going to be used to having in playoff games? Certainly not like the Spurs or Lakers if one of them gets to the Finals. Hell, whoever comes out of the West will be better battle tested than whoever comes out of the East.

41times
03-11-2008, 02:01 PM
The Rockets will win 2 more games in a row to make it 21. Then they hit the tough spot in the road where they play 5 Tough games in a row. They could lose all 5 but probably won't. So they might pass the Spurs for a day but they will come back down to earth starting next week.

Warrirors vs. Nuggets?

Both teams run a lot so that will be somewhat tiring for an older team. The Warriors are probably a little more physical. And while the Spurs will likely beat either one of those teams, they could get themselves into a 6 or 7 game series and that would not be good for the Spurs.

The key to getting to the Finals is not having to play 13 or 14 games in the first 2 rounds or else you wear down a little.

DazedAndConfused
03-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Detroit has 2 more wins than the Spurs and Lakers.

Boston has 6 more wins than the Spurs and Lakers.

What do you think the record of the Spurs or Lakers would be if they were playing the majority of their games against the weak ass teams of the East?

I would guess both the Lakers and the Spurs would have surpassed both of them.

Plus to come out of the East, what kind of intensity are you going to be used to having in playoff games? Certainly not like the Spurs or Lakers if one of them gets to the Finals. Hell, whoever comes out of the West will be better battle tested than whoever comes out of the East.

Forget the records, look at how BOS is playing. Their defense IS the best in the league. You simply can't score in the paint against them. I'm sorry but the Spurs are just NOT playing anywhere near good enough to be able to beat them in a 7 gamer. The fact that you couldn't beat them sans Garnett is telling IMHO.

Cherry
03-11-2008, 03:01 PM
The Spurs are #1 in the West...

...for now! (crazy West!) :dizzy

Mitch Cumsteen
03-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Forget the records, look at how BOS is playing. Their defense IS the best in the league. You simply can't score in the paint against them. I'm sorry but the Spurs are just NOT playing anywhere near good enough to be able to beat them in a 7 gamer. The fact that you couldn't beat them sans Garnett is telling IMHO.
Parker didn't play that game, either. But you're right, the Spurs aren't playing nearly well enough to beat them in a series RIGHT NOW. But the Spurs can dial it up several notches in the playoffs, and you know that they will. The big question is: can Boston do the same?

Southwest Texas Fan
03-11-2008, 03:43 PM
:lol I welcome the threads like these; these season is so odd.

With the season being odd the spurs will definitely repeat. :lol

Indazone
03-11-2008, 06:56 PM
you are one dumbfuck a WIN IS A WIN NO MATTER HOW, rockets are not passing the first round they are under life support machine

Wrong! This is like saying size doesn't matter lol.

Here's the real story on point differential and power.
http://www.armchairgm.com/NBA_Point_Differential_-_The_Most_Power_Stat
NBA Point Differential - The Most Power Stat
12Vote
by user Tmx117

In yesterday's Predicting the NBA article, it was determined the quickest, most accurate measurement of NBA success to compare how many points a team scores per 100 possessions against how many points they gave up per 100 possessions; however, we only ran a test on it for the Eastern Conference teams from the last NBA season. That is not a very accurate means of determining reliability in predicting the future. In order to cure this problem I took the difference between the two values for every single team over the last 10 years (The Bobcats only have existed for 3 years and I adjusted the 98-99 season to 82 games because of the lockout) and mapped out their point differential against their wins in the season.

The spreadsheet is much to massive to really post in any form for viewing on the webpage, but if you would like to see it/play around with the numbers it can be downloaded here. If you just want to see the end results though, here is what good old Microsoft Excel shoots out after being handed all the information.

http://images.wikia.com/openserving/sports/images/thumb/3/34/NBA_graph.JPG/600px-NBA_graph.JPG

What the resulting graph's best fit line states is that Wins=2.4168*PointDifference+40.959. Now what exactly does this mean. Well, as expected if your team manages to simply score and give up an equal number of points per 100 possessions you will win about 41 games (exactly half of a given team's 82 for the year). From that point it states that for every one point more you can score rather than give up your team will usually increase their win total by 2.4 games. Likewise, if you surrender one more point than you score you can expect to have your win total decreased by 2.4 games. Using this method of predicting NBA final standing came up with an R^2 value (see here for details) of .9402 which meant that our data fits very closely to the resulting equation that was just discussed.

Besides being able to help predict what a teams final win total will be for an NBA season, we can also use to it find some interesting, if in the end not too meaningful numbers on some NBA extremes. According to our graph, if a team was to lose every single game it played it would need a points per 100 differential of about negative 17 points games meaning they would basically have to be so bad they that were hardly ever in any games at all during the course of the season. On the other hand, if a team wanted to win all 82 games in a season, they would need to be approximately plus 17 points per 100 possessions for the season, basically meaning they be completely dominant in every game. Now, even if teams were able to post numbers like those during the course of a season it is unlikely they would post those records logically (even statistically it is very questionable since we are extrapolating into areas where we have no data), but it is fun to imagine.

Another interesting thing which can be observed from the points per 100 possessions data is that since Steve Nash joined the Suns and the hand checking/physical contact rules have been more strictly enforced in the last 3 years, the NBA has seen scoring per 100 increase each of the last 3 years (106.1, 106.2, 106.4) but all three of those years have been the record over the last 10 years when they were set. So, the NBA is becoming a more offensive minded league which makes sense in the light of so many teams wishing to now become like the Suns who have posted amazing per 100 numbers since Steve Nash joined them in the 04-05 season (114.7, 111.6, 113.9). That is what makes the Suns so deadly and is often missed when talking about their uptempo style. They play extremely fast, but they also play extremely efficiently even when on a possession by possession basis likely due to the fact that their quick pace leads to many easy shoots for them throughout a game.

What is also a little surprising is the who won a given year's championship based on the point differentials. The 97-98 Bulls, 98-99 Spurs, 99-00 Lakers, 04-05 Spurs, and 06-07 Spurs all won the NBA title and the point differential crown in the same season. Therefore, 50% of the time the NBA champion could be predicted by simply looking at who won the point differential in the regular season. There are times when other circumstances (teams have injured players come back and they improve immensely or lose players in injury) may make it seem unwise to predict the champion based solely on that number, but to be able to guess the NBA champion 50% of the time based solely on one simply number is amazing. Only 4 times did the league leader in wins during the regular season win the NBA title (97-98 Bulls (tied), 98-99 Spurs (tied), 99-00 Lakers, 02-03 Spurs (tied)) and 3 of those were tied so if you took the good statistical approach and flipped a coin to break the tie on each of those years wins during the regular season would only have a 25% of giving you the correct NBA champion. So the point differential is twice as effective using wins to predict the NBA champion.
Another funny note that can be tested using this numbers is the theory that "Defense wins championships". The best offensive per 100 team has never won the title over the last 10 years. Meanwhile, the 98-99 Spurs and 04-05 Spurs won the titles while playing the best regular season points per 100 possessions defense. So, defense did win infinite times more championships than offense over the last 10 years, it was not as if playing the best regular season defense in the league guaranteed anything more than a 20% chance of winning it all in a given season. In the future I would like to test the adage that "rebounding wins championships", but I'll have to gather the data for that study at a later date.

One final note among the many more than could be pulled from the data, who has been the best overall organization on the basketball court on the last 10 years based on point differential. In a complete blowout, the San Antonio Spurs with an average point differential over the last 10 years of 7.86 (the next closest was the Detroit Pistons with a +3.71). This is not surprising considering that they have won 40% of the titles during the past decade. The Spurs also posted an average defensive value of 98.1 over the last 10 years which also stomps the next closest competitor (Philadelphia and Indiana at 102.6). They only area they did not manage to dominant was in offense over the last 10 years where they were only able to be a top 10 team at 105.96 (Dallas was the best at 108.56). This is a great testament once again to Tim Duncan, the only constant for the team as a player over the last 10 years. Combined with his individual statistics, these teams stats along with his titles should be a sure path for him to be called the greatest power forward in NBA history.

For hilarity's sake, the worst NBA offense over the last decade was the Chicago Bulls even with their last championship leading of the decades as they were the only sup-100 team at 99.6. The worst defensive team of the last decade was the LA Clippers at 107.4 who posted some truly terrible numbers in both offense and defense over the last decade overall and in certain years (the Bobcat would be last at 107.466, but they have only played 3 years so it would not be fair to laugh them out of the building yet).

In conclusion, these point differential numbers are extremely useful, I am willing to bet that using these alone with enough comparison work (looking at who won vs. who in the NBA playoff series in the past based on differential and how many games the series went) it would be possible to out predict all the NBA "experts" who give 30 second blurbs of information concerning who they believe will win the title and certain series without watching a single minute of game action. This is something I look forward to testing further in the future during the coming years to see how well it holds up in predicting power. If anyone else plays with the numbers and comes up with another interesting observation (there are so many possibilities still remaining I haven't even tried looking at yet) don't hesitate to contact me about it. I would love to share everything the data has to offer to the readers of this site. For now though, just ponder how true it is when someone jokingly replies to the question, "How are we gonna win?", with the answer, "Score more points than the other team".

NRHector
03-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Wrong! This is like saying size doesn't matter lol.

Here's the real story on point differential and power.
http://www.armchairgm.com/NBA_Point_Differential_-_The_Most_Power_Stat
NBA Point Differential - The Most Power Stat
12Vote
by user Tmx117

In yesterday's Predicting the NBA article, it was determined the quickest, most accurate measurement of NBA success to compare how many points a team scores per 100 possessions against how many points they gave up per 100 possessions; however, we only ran a test on it for the Eastern Conference teams from the last NBA season. That is not a very accurate means of determining reliability in predicting the future. In order to cure this problem I took the difference between the two values for every single team over the last 10 years (The Bobcats only have existed for 3 years and I adjusted the 98-99 season to 82 games because of the lockout) and mapped out their point differential against their wins in the season.

The spreadsheet is much to massive to really post in any form for viewing on the webpage, but if you would like to see it/play around with the numbers it can be downloaded here. If you just want to see the end results though, here is what good old Microsoft Excel shoots out after being handed all the information.

http://images.wikia.com/openserving/sports/images/thumb/3/34/NBA_graph.JPG/600px-NBA_graph.JPG

What the resulting graph's best fit line states is that Wins=2.4168*PointDifference+40.959. Now what exactly does this mean. Well, as expected if your team manages to simply score and give up an equal number of points per 100 possessions you will win about 41 games (exactly half of a given team's 82 for the year). From that point it states that for every one point more you can score rather than give up your team will usually increase their win total by 2.4 games. Likewise, if you surrender one more point than you score you can expect to have your win total decreased by 2.4 games. Using this method of predicting NBA final standing came up with an R^2 value (see here for details) of .9402 which meant that our data fits very closely to the resulting equation that was just discussed.

Besides being able to help predict what a teams final win total will be for an NBA season, we can also use to it find some interesting, if in the end not too meaningful numbers on some NBA extremes. According to our graph, if a team was to lose every single game it played it would need a points per 100 differential of about negative 17 points games meaning they would basically have to be so bad they that were hardly ever in any games at all during the course of the season. On the other hand, if a team wanted to win all 82 games in a season, they would need to be approximately plus 17 points per 100 possessions for the season, basically meaning they be completely dominant in every game. Now, even if teams were able to post numbers like those during the course of a season it is unlikely they would post those records logically (even statistically it is very questionable since we are extrapolating into areas where we have no data), but it is fun to imagine.

Another interesting thing which can be observed from the points per 100 possessions data is that since Steve Nash joined the Suns and the hand checking/physical contact rules have been more strictly enforced in the last 3 years, the NBA has seen scoring per 100 increase each of the last 3 years (106.1, 106.2, 106.4) but all three of those years have been the record over the last 10 years when they were set. So, the NBA is becoming a more offensive minded league which makes sense in the light of so many teams wishing to now become like the Suns who have posted amazing per 100 numbers since Steve Nash joined them in the 04-05 season (114.7, 111.6, 113.9). That is what makes the Suns so deadly and is often missed when talking about their uptempo style. They play extremely fast, but they also play extremely efficiently even when on a possession by possession basis likely due to the fact that their quick pace leads to many easy shoots for them throughout a game.

What is also a little surprising is the who won a given year's championship based on the point differentials. The 97-98 Bulls, 98-99 Spurs, 99-00 Lakers, 04-05 Spurs, and 06-07 Spurs all won the NBA title and the point differential crown in the same season. Therefore, 50% of the time the NBA champion could be predicted by simply looking at who won the point differential in the regular season. There are times when other circumstances (teams have injured players come back and they improve immensely or lose players in injury) may make it seem unwise to predict the champion based solely on that number, but to be able to guess the NBA champion 50% of the time based solely on one simply number is amazing. Only 4 times did the league leader in wins during the regular season win the NBA title (97-98 Bulls (tied), 98-99 Spurs (tied), 99-00 Lakers, 02-03 Spurs (tied)) and 3 of those were tied so if you took the good statistical approach and flipped a coin to break the tie on each of those years wins during the regular season would only have a 25% of giving you the correct NBA champion. So the point differential is twice as effective using wins to predict the NBA champion.
Another funny note that can be tested using this numbers is the theory that "Defense wins championships". The best offensive per 100 team has never won the title over the last 10 years. Meanwhile, the 98-99 Spurs and 04-05 Spurs won the titles while playing the best regular season points per 100 possessions defense. So, defense did win infinite times more championships than offense over the last 10 years, it was not as if playing the best regular season defense in the league guaranteed anything more than a 20% chance of winning it all in a given season. In the future I would like to test the adage that "rebounding wins championships", but I'll have to gather the data for that study at a later date.

One final note among the many more than could be pulled from the data, who has been the best overall organization on the basketball court on the last 10 years based on point differential. In a complete blowout, the San Antonio Spurs with an average point differential over the last 10 years of 7.86 (the next closest was the Detroit Pistons with a +3.71). This is not surprising considering that they have won 40% of the titles during the past decade. The Spurs also posted an average defensive value of 98.1 over the last 10 years which also stomps the next closest competitor (Philadelphia and Indiana at 102.6). They only area they did not manage to dominant was in offense over the last 10 years where they were only able to be a top 10 team at 105.96 (Dallas was the best at 108.56). This is a great testament once again to Tim Duncan, the only constant for the team as a player over the last 10 years. Combined with his individual statistics, these teams stats along with his titles should be a sure path for him to be called the greatest power forward in NBA history.

For hilarity's sake, the worst NBA offense over the last decade was the Chicago Bulls even with their last championship leading of the decades as they were the only sup-100 team at 99.6. The worst defensive team of the last decade was the LA Clippers at 107.4 who posted some truly terrible numbers in both offense and defense over the last decade overall and in certain years (the Bobcat would be last at 107.466, but they have only played 3 years so it would not be fair to laugh them out of the building yet).

In conclusion, these point differential numbers are extremely useful, I am willing to bet that using these alone with enough comparison work (looking at who won vs. who in the NBA playoff series in the past based on differential and how many games the series went) it would be possible to out predict all the NBA "experts" who give 30 second blurbs of information concerning who they believe will win the title and certain series without watching a single minute of game action. This is something I look forward to testing further in the future during the coming years to see how well it holds up in predicting power. If anyone else plays with the numbers and comes up with another interesting observation (there are so many possibilities still remaining I haven't even tried looking at yet) don't hesitate to contact me about it. I would love to share everything the data has to offer to the readers of this site. For now though, just ponder how true it is when someone jokingly replies to the question, "How are we gonna win?", with the answer, "Score more points than the other team".do you think there's life in mars? just because you are a rocket fan it doesn't mean you actually have to be a space cadet come back to earth.