PDA

View Full Version : Tim Mvp

coachmac87
03-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Hey if he was shooting a better field goal percentage(or like last year) he could be mentioned and seriously considered MVP! If the spurs win the west why not? the west is by far superior and its been the toughest in a really long time!!

point being does anybody think he has a shot in the future?? or is this lebron and the young great one to hard to overcome?

TDMVPDPOY
03-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Only reason why duncan wont win it,

the media has been on lebrons ball since the start of the season, they love his stats,

kobe will not win it, due to double standards.

lebronz and his shitty cavs team record isnt even top10 in the west.

bdictjames
03-11-2008, 12:22 AM
No stats
Not enough wins
Two stars on the team.

I dont think Duncan's gonna be MVP another time. Focus on something more realistic, like championships.

duncan228
03-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Duncan's league MVP days are behind him.
I want to see another Finals MVP in his hands.

dbreiden83080
03-11-2008, 12:29 AM
He is not likely to get it but if he was to finish the year at close to 21 and 12 and the Spurs are the best in the west and does not get major votes there should be an investigation. People calling Manu the MVP of the Spurs need to watch more basketball.

milkyway21
03-11-2008, 12:32 AM
when Duncan won his 3rd title in 2005 he was telling our local broadcasters he'd work hard to continue winning more titles again(kept his promise, did it in 2007), doesn't care if he'd win MVPs o not.

J_Paco
03-11-2008, 12:36 AM
A part of me thinks it would be great if Tim could win another regular season MVP. It does annoy me a little when the media says it's a three-man race involving Kobe, LeBron and Chris Paul, yet won't even acknowledge Tim.

batboy
03-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Hey if he was shooting a better field goal percentage(or like last year) he could be mentioned and seriously considered MVP! If the spurs win the west why not? the west is by far superior and its been the toughest in a really long time!!

He missed too many games and is not having a statistical MVP season (and no of course I don't give a shit about stats, but voters do). Just look at what Lebron did last night.

We all love Tim and he is still the first guy you draft to win a championship tomorrow, but a lot of that has to do with character and lack of depth in seven footers, not him being somehow absolutely better than LBJ or Kobe at this point. Apples, oranges, etc, but if there was going to be a changing of the guard someday, we should be happy that his legacy is being passed on to the best guy we have seen play 1-4 since Magic.

I will take Finals MVP over Finals sweep any day. Let the Dirks and Lebrons rack up the regular season awards. Tim is a champion.

urunobili
03-11-2008, 11:29 AM
there definitively would have to be an investigation shall the Spurs have the best record in the West and timee doesn't get it... LeBron's numbers wouldn't make his team make the playoffs i the west...

batboy
03-11-2008, 11:30 AM
there definitively would have to be an investigation shall the Spurs have the best record in the West and timee doesn't get it... LeBron's numbers wouldn't make his team make the playoffs i the west...

I don't know, I really think Lebron could pick it up against Denver or Golden State. And he doesn't have an elite point guard or another good scoring option like we, and most of the west, do.

LakerMagic
03-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Kobe should win it but ESPN will make sure LeBron wins it.

batboy
03-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Kobe should win it but ESPN will make sure LeBron wins it.

Not after the locker room drama. Kobe is all that but you don't threaten to walk on your team and then win the MVP, not when you are being outplayed by LBJ. You should be happy the Kobe doesn't _need_ to be MVP for you to be in the position you are.

coachmac87
03-11-2008, 12:02 PM
its not that i care if he wins another. i mean ya i would take a championship over a MVP any day! but the point i want to make is if the spurs have the best record in the west...fuck it lets even pretend a little bit what if they had the best record in the NBA do people even acknowledge him at all? if he was shooting 54% like last year he could be averaging about 22&11 and if people say tim cant win it cause tony and manu have improved so much....I DONT WANT TO FUCKING HEAR KEVIN GARNETT IN ANOTHER MVP RACE OR EVEN BE CONSIDERED AN OPTION WITH 2 ALL-STARS ON THE SAME SQUAD.ya manu and tony should be all stars but they are not!

honestfool84
03-11-2008, 12:41 PM
yes. you are so right.
tim duncan for finals MVP. :toast

SAGambler
03-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Tim has won it twice. More than likely, he will not win it again. Too many guys out there that like to pad the stat sheets.

But as long as the Spurs keep winning the LOB, who cares who gets league MVP?

I just don't want another "Witness This" campaign. But I do think Bron Bron will be handed the MVP trophy, even though his team couldn't even make the playoffs in the West.

Galileo
03-11-2008, 02:23 PM
A simple way to predict the MVP is to look at the Efficiency leaders and +/- leaders, and add them together:

2007-08 EFFICIENCY LEADERS : Efficiency Per Game
http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Efficiency.jsp

Top Individual Players
http://www.nba.com/statistics/lenovo/lenovo_sort.jsp?pcomb=1&season=22007&split=9&team=

You can also look at it from a per 48 minutes perspective.

Harry Callahan
03-11-2008, 03:51 PM
No more RS MVPs for Tim. He does not play as many minutes as he used to. He has two other potent offensive weapons in Parker and Ginobili. If TD had a really big offensive load like he did six or seven years ago, he would get a lot more consideration. The Spurs are past leaning on Tim to that extent.

Lebron has had a huge burden placed on him by the Cavs for scoring most of his career so he gets big stats as a result because of his ability.

ancestron
03-11-2008, 04:30 PM
I hate LeBron James.

OldDirtMcGirt
03-11-2008, 05:41 PM
As others have said, Tim Duncan won't win MVP not out of a lack of talent (I still maintain that he's the best player currently in the NBA... over Kobe), but because of the Spurs's style and Gregg Popovich. Pop understands that the early-mid regular season doesn't mean much, and Tim won't inflate his stats like other superstars do.

I hate LeBron James.

I don't understand this. Unlike Dwyane Wade, Melo, etc. LeBron has a complete game. I've been on the LeBron hate wagon for awhile, but this year he's really turned it around. He has really stepped up his defense, he passes the ball, and he rebounds. He's cut down on the retarted "Agent Zero" shots, and is playing good team basketball. That's what I like to see from superstars.

Xylus
03-11-2008, 05:46 PM
How can anyone hate Lebron James? The guy is one of the (if not THE) most complete players this league has ever seen.

anakha
03-11-2008, 06:58 PM
How can anyone hate Lebron James? The guy is one of the (if not THE) most complete players this league has ever seen.

Ask ducks. :lol

BonnerDynasty
03-11-2008, 08:10 PM
He is not likely to get it but if he was to finish the year at close to 21 and 12 and the Spurs are the best in the west and does not get major votes there should be an investigation. People calling Manu the MVP of the Spurs need to watch more basketball.

I disagree. Manu is just as much the mvp of the Spurs this year as Duncan.

The Spurs offense is shit. It's ugly shit. It was good early on. Now it is just shit. Manu has carried this team on his back for at least 15 wins. He does it on both sides just as Duncan does. He certainly brings the energy and HEART that this team needs to get through the reg season.

Spurs losing Manu has just as big of an impact as the Spurs losing Duncan in terms of number of wins and losses. Someone who disagrees will go back and pull up the record while each one was gone and I hope they do. I'm too lazy for internet homework.

TDfan2007
03-11-2008, 08:28 PM
I disagree. Manu is just as much the mvp of the Spurs this year as Duncan.

The Spurs offense is shit. It's ugly shit. It was good early on. Now it is just shit. Manu has carried this team on his back for at least 15 wins. He does it on both sides just as Duncan does. He certainly brings the energy and HEART that this team needs to get through the reg season.

Spurs losing Manu has just as big of an impact as the Spurs losing Duncan in terms of number of wins and losses. Someone who disagrees will go back and pull up the record while each one was gone and I hope they do. I'm too lazy for internet homework.

Are you trying to tell me that Manu makes just as much a defensive impact as Tim?

Do you have any idea why/how Manu has been so open from 3 this year and who commands the attention from defenses that allow Manu and Tony to drive?

I love Manu as much as anyone else but to say he's the MVP of this team, even the Co-MVP, is assenine.