PDA

View Full Version : Clinton-backer Ferraro: Obama Where He Is Because He's Black

George Gervin's Afro
03-11-2008, 08:37 AM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/03/clinton-backer.html

Clinton-backer Ferraro: Obama Where He Is Because He's Black
March 11, 2008 7:30 AM

Clinton campaign finance committee member, former vice presidential candidate, and former Rep. Geraldine Ferraro, D-NY, told the Daily Breeze of Torrance, Ca., that, "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."

Of Clinton, Ferraro said that the press "has been uniquely hard on her. It's been a very sexist media. Some just don't like her. The others have gotten caught up in the Obama campaign."

"I was reading an article that said young Republicans are out there campaigning for Obama because they believe he's going to be able to put an end to partisanship. Dear God! Anyone that has worked in the Congress knows that for over 200 years this country has had partisanship - that's the way our country is."

Yikes!

Thoughts?

Extra Stout
03-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Thoughts?
The obvious thing that comes to mind is that somebody who was nominated for Vice President solely because of her gender, without even a hint of merit, needs to shut up about Obama and go make him a sandwich.

101A
03-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Thoughts?Isn't this what Biden said when this guy burst onto the scene?

I think they are both on to something.

Extra Stout
03-11-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm really enjoying how these old-guard tax-and-spend liberal Democrats, after years of sanctimonious prattling about how racist we all are if we don't submit to their enlightened political views, at the end reveal themselves to be as insidious a bunch of bigots as Bubba in Yazoo City.

Yeah, Geraldine, black men have it sooooooooo much easier than white women.

Extra Stout
03-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Remember this, Geraldine?

http://uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/GENERAL/pe1984.png

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yonivore
03-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Thoughts?
Thoughts? Yeah, I have some thoughts.

Democrats are being torn to pieces in a squabble over which of the two great liberal white guilts is more deserving of their pander.

"She is a monster," Barack Obama adviser Samantha Power told a reporter from The Scotsman – and not a monster in a cute Loch Ness blurry, long-distance kind of way. "You just look at her and think, 'Ergh,'" continued Ms. Power, who subsequently resigned from the campaign.

The New York Times took a different line. The monster is you – yes, you, the American people. Surveying the Hillary-Barack death match, Maureen Dowd wrote: "People will have to choose which of America's sins are greater, and which stain will have to be removed first. Is misogyny worse than racism, or is racism worse than misogyny?"

Do even Democrats really talk like this? Apparently so. As Ali Gallagher, a white female (sorry, this identity-politics labeling is contagious) from Texas, told the Washington Post: "A friend of mine, a black man, said to me, 'My ancestors came to this country in chains; I'm voting for Barack.' I told him, 'Well, my sisters came here in chains and on their periods; I'm voting for Hillary.'"

When everybody's a victim, nobody's a victim. Poor Ms. Gallagher can't appreciate the distinction between purely metaphorical chains and real ones, or even how offensive it might be to assume blithely that there's no difference whatsoever.

On the other hand, Barack's ancestors didn't come here in chains, either: His mother was a white Kansan, so was presumably undergoing menstrual hell with the Gallagher gals, and his dad was a black man a long way away in colonial Kenya. Indeed, Obama would be the first son of a British subject to serve as president since those slaveholding types elected in the early days of the republic. As some aggrieved black activist sniffed snootily on TV, Barack isn't really an "African American" – unless by "African American," you mean somebody whose parentage is half-American and half-African, and let's face it, no one would come up with so cockamamie a definition as that.

As for victims, you have to feel sorry for John Edwards. He was born in a mill. He weighed 1.6 pounds and what did his dad get? Another day older and deeper in debt. John spent most of the 19th century as a spindly 7-year-old sweep with rickets, cleaning chimneys in Dickensian London until Fagin spotted him and trained him up as a trial lawyer. And it worked swell in the 2004 primary but it counted for nothing this time round because, even with all that soot on his face, he's still a white boy.

Bill Richardson was the first Hispanic candidate but nobody needs a Hispanic called "Bill Richardson." Hillary assumed she'd be the last identity-politician standing in a field of bouffant poseurs like Joe Biden, only to discover that by the time she got to the final round the Democratic primary process had descended to near-parody – or, as The New York Times headline put it, a "Duel Of Historical Guilts."

That's one "historical guilt" too many. If it's Historical Guilt vs. Joe Biden and John Edwards, bet on Historical Guilt, and the Democratic base uniting around Hillary and baying "I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar." Instead, it's "I Am Woman, Hear Me Whine About The Unfairness Of It All," as the Clintonites go nuclear and accuse Obama, the ultimate cool black dude, of "imitating Ken Starr," the ultimate uptight squaresville honky.

Which may be a marginally less ineffective line of attack than Gloria Steinem complaining to the New York Observer that way too many Americans want "redemption for racism" but not enough want "redemption for the gynocide." Which may, in turn, be a marginally less fatal shot in the foot than former Carter administration honcho Andrew Young's perplexing boast that Bill Clinton has slept with more black women than Obama.

The Democratic primary season seems to have dwindled down into a psycho remake of "Driving Miss Daisy." The fading matriarch Mizz Hill'ry (Jessica Tandy) doesn't want to give up the keys to the Democratic Party vehicle but the dignified black chauffeur Hokey (Morgan Freeman) insists it'll be a much smoother ride with him in the driver's seat. Yet, just as he thinks the old biddy's resigned to a nomination as Best Supporting Actress, the backseat driver plunges her hat pin into his spine, wrests the wheel away and lurches across the median.

Is the Democratic presidential process a Karl Rove plot? Right now, neither Mizz Hill'ry nor Hokey can win without the votes of the superdelegates, whose disposition is apparently in flux. The gay superdelegates are apparently sticking to Hillary like the "Hello, Dolly!" waiters to Carol Channing. But others are said to be moving Barackwards.

Are they jumping to a stalled bandwagon? One Historical Guilt gives upscale white liberals a chance to demonstrate their progressive bona fides in unison. Two Historical Guilts shrivels from transformative feel-good fluffiness into sour tribalism. Like Hillary's "I Am Woman" routine, Obama's cult of narcissism – "We are the change we have been waiting for" – would have been a shoo-in against Biden, Dodd and Edwards. But the gaseous platitudes wafting up to Cloud Nine are suddenly very earthbound. "Yes, we can!" is an effective pitch if you're the new messiah, not so much when you're pulling in a very humdrum fortysomething percent against a divisive and strikingly inept campaigner.

Go back to that Maureen Dowd line: "People will have to choose which of America's sins are greater."

"People won't, Democrats will," the blogger Orrin Judd responded. "People will elect John McCain in November, demonstrating that we don't share their guilt."

Maybe. But a Democrat nominating process that's a self-torturing satire of upscale liberal guilt confusions will at least give us a laugh along the way.

Actually, those are Mark Steyn's thoughts but, with which I whole-heartedly agree.

George Gervin's Afro
03-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Thoughts? Yeah, I have some thoughts.

Democrats are being torn to pieces in a squabble over which of the two great liberal white guilts is more deserving of their pander.

"She is a monster," Barack Obama adviser Samantha Power told a reporter from The Scotsman – and not a monster in a cute Loch Ness blurry, long-distance kind of way. "You just look at her and think, 'Ergh,'" continued Ms. Power, who subsequently resigned from the campaign.

The New York Times took a different line. The monster is you – yes, you, the American people. Surveying the Hillary-Barack death match, Maureen Dowd wrote: "People will have to choose which of America's sins are greater, and which stain will have to be removed first. Is misogyny worse than racism, or is racism worse than misogyny?"

Do even Democrats really talk like this? Apparently so. As Ali Gallagher, a white female (sorry, this identity-politics labeling is contagious) from Texas, told the Washington Post: "A friend of mine, a black man, said to me, 'My ancestors came to this country in chains; I'm voting for Barack.' I told him, 'Well, my sisters came here in chains and on their periods; I'm voting for Hillary.'"

When everybody's a victim, nobody's a victim. Poor Ms. Gallagher can't appreciate the distinction between purely metaphorical chains and real ones, or even how offensive it might be to assume blithely that there's no difference whatsoever.

On the other hand, Barack's ancestors didn't come here in chains, either: His mother was a white Kansan, so was presumably undergoing menstrual hell with the Gallagher gals, and his dad was a black man a long way away in colonial Kenya. Indeed, Obama would be the first son of a British subject to serve as president since those slaveholding types elected in the early days of the republic. As some aggrieved black activist sniffed snootily on TV, Barack isn't really an "African American" – unless by "African American," you mean somebody whose parentage is half-American and half-African, and let's face it, no one would come up with so cockamamie a definition as that.

As for victims, you have to feel sorry for John Edwards. He was born in a mill. He weighed 1.6 pounds and what did his dad get? Another day older and deeper in debt. John spent most of the 19th century as a spindly 7-year-old sweep with rickets, cleaning chimneys in Dickensian London until Fagin spotted him and trained him up as a trial lawyer. And it worked swell in the 2004 primary but it counted for nothing this time round because, even with all that soot on his face, he's still a white boy.

Bill Richardson was the first Hispanic candidate but nobody needs a Hispanic called "Bill Richardson." Hillary assumed she'd be the last identity-politician standing in a field of bouffant poseurs like Joe Biden, only to discover that by the time she got to the final round the Democratic primary process had descended to near-parody – or, as The New York Times headline put it, a "Duel Of Historical Guilts."

That's one "historical guilt" too many. If it's Historical Guilt vs. Joe Biden and John Edwards, bet on Historical Guilt, and the Democratic base uniting around Hillary and baying "I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar." Instead, it's "I Am Woman, Hear Me Whine About The Unfairness Of It All," as the Clintonites go nuclear and accuse Obama, the ultimate cool black dude, of "imitating Ken Starr," the ultimate uptight squaresville honky.

Which may be a marginally less ineffective line of attack than Gloria Steinem complaining to the New York Observer that way too many Americans want "redemption for racism" but not enough want "redemption for the gynocide." Which may, in turn, be a marginally less fatal shot in the foot than former Carter administration honcho Andrew Young's perplexing boast that Bill Clinton has slept with more black women than Obama.

The Democratic primary season seems to have dwindled down into a psycho remake of "Driving Miss Daisy." The fading matriarch Mizz Hill'ry (Jessica Tandy) doesn't want to give up the keys to the Democratic Party vehicle but the dignified black chauffeur Hokey (Morgan Freeman) insists it'll be a much smoother ride with him in the driver's seat. Yet, just as he thinks the old biddy's resigned to a nomination as Best Supporting Actress, the backseat driver plunges her hat pin into his spine, wrests the wheel away and lurches across the median.

Is the Democratic presidential process a Karl Rove plot? Right now, neither Mizz Hill'ry nor Hokey can win without the votes of the superdelegates, whose disposition is apparently in flux. The gay superdelegates are apparently sticking to Hillary like the "Hello, Dolly!" waiters to Carol Channing. But others are said to be moving Barackwards.

Are they jumping to a stalled bandwagon? One Historical Guilt gives upscale white liberals a chance to demonstrate their progressive bona fides in unison. Two Historical Guilts shrivels from transformative feel-good fluffiness into sour tribalism. Like Hillary's "I Am Woman" routine, Obama's cult of narcissism – "We are the change we have been waiting for" – would have been a shoo-in against Biden, Dodd and Edwards. But the gaseous platitudes wafting up to Cloud Nine are suddenly very earthbound. "Yes, we can!" is an effective pitch if you're the new messiah, not so much when you're pulling in a very humdrum fortysomething percent against a divisive and strikingly inept campaigner.

Go back to that Maureen Dowd line: "People will have to choose which of America's sins are greater."

"People won't, Democrats will," the blogger Orrin Judd responded. "People will elect John McCain in November, demonstrating that we don't share their guilt."

Maybe. But a Democrat nominating process that's a self-torturing satire of upscale liberal guilt confusions will at least give us a laugh along the way.

Actually, those are Mark Steyn's thoughts but, with which I whole-heartedly agree.

This is why I don't think Obama nor Clinton have a chance in November..

Yonivore
03-11-2008, 09:42 AM
This is why I don't think Obama nor Clinton have a chance in November..
It's the ultimate destination of identity politics.

DarkReign
03-11-2008, 09:48 AM
That article was so damn well written, I actually copped a smile after nearly every line.

So damn true.

Yonivore
03-11-2008, 10:03 AM
That article was so damn well written, I actually copped a smile after nearly every line.

So damn true.
I just wonder when Democrats are going to slap their collective foreheads and exclaim, "Damn! So that's what we've been doing."

xrayzebra
03-11-2008, 10:15 AM
I just wonder when Democrats are going to slap their collective foreheads and exclaim, "Damn! So that's what we've been doing."

Or say: I should have had a V8. :lol

Extra Stout
03-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Mark Steyn nailed that so thoroughly that I expect the Alberta Human Rights Commission to indict him this afternoon for it.

Yonivore
03-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Mark Steyn nailed that so thoroughly that I expect the Alberta Human Rights Commission to indict him this afternoon for it.
You know what would really throw them into a blather is if John McCain picked Condoleeza Rice as his running mate.

Extra Stout
03-11-2008, 10:49 AM
You know what would really throw them into a blather is if John McCain picked Condoleeza Rice as his running mate.
Oh, that's easy to rationalize. A black woman Republican is automatically both a race and a gender traitor. She's worse than a white male because she is helping to legitimize racism and misogynism.

Sally Q. Liberal just read a great book about this by D.F. Winterhausen that she picked up at the independent bookstore. It costs a little extra because of the Fair Trade recycled paper.

Knowest thou naught of how the upscale white liberal thinketh?

Yonivore
03-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Oh, that's easy to rationalize. A black woman Republican is automatically both a race and a gender traitor. She's worse than a white male because she is helping to legitimize racism and misogynism.

Sally Q. Liberal just read a great book about this by D.F. Winterhausen that she picked up at the independent bookstore. It costs a little extra because of the Fair Trade recycled paper.

Knowest thou naught of how the upscale white liberal thinketh?
Yeah, but when Dr. Rice is asked about her childhood in Alabama, she can speak of the friend who died in the Birmingham Baptist Church bombing and living in a segregated South with a racist Democrat Governor.

I think Condoleeza would give them another V8 moment.

Extra Stout
03-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Yeah, but when Dr. Rice is asked about her childhood in Alabama, she can speak of the friend who died in the Birmingham Baptist Church bombing and living in a segregated South with a racist Democrat Governor.

I think Condoleeza would give them another V8 moment.
None of that matters. Being a liberal is a prerequisite for being either female or black. Condoleeza Rice is a white male by definition.

Yonivore
03-11-2008, 11:04 AM
None of that matters. Being a liberal is a prerequisite for being either female or black. Condoleeza Rice is a white male by definition.
Point taken; but, when you've got the Democrats ripping themselves apart over identity politics, there may be some in the rank and file that will see through the torn facade to the real world outside.

I think Condoleeza Rice would be an excellent choice for Republican Veep, now that I've given it more thought.

As the baboon said, in The Lion King, "It is time."

Extra Stout
03-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Point taken; but, when you've got the Democrats ripping themselves apart over identity politics, there may be some in the rank and file that will see through the torn facade to the real world outside.

I think Condoleeza Rice would be an excellent choice for Republican Veep, now that I've given it more thought.

As the baboon said, in The Lion King, "It is time."
Another funny thing about upscale white liberals is that they think everybody in the Democratic Party thinks exactly like them. Black people are really exactly like white liberals. White liberals pride themselves on their thorough mastery of how black people think.

Yonivore
03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Here, I think Nicholas von Hoffman, of "The Nation," lays it out rather nicely...

Vice President Rice? (http://www.thenation.com/doc/20080225/howl2)

Nicholas von Hoffman

Who's John McCain's scariest running mate?

Democrats who think it's going to be a cakewalk into the White House next November had best remember one name: Condoleezza Rice.

John McCain is a formidable candidate in his own right, but if he has the political imagination to do it, he can cause the party of Jefferson and Jackson indescribable angst with Rice as his vice-presidential pick.

Besides being the greatest two-for in GOP history, Rice brings other huge pluses to the decorated Vietnam hero. Indeed, she may be enough to elect the venerable hero/naval aviator.

McCain's troubles with the religious wing of his party could well evaporate with the churchgoing Rice at his side. She solidifies that part of his base overnight.

With Rice on the ticket, the GOP would have somebody to get enthusiastic about. The Secretary of State is immensely popular with Republicans. For a party that up to now has been clueless about how to run against either a woman or a person of color, Condoleezza Rice is pure political gold.

Woe to any Democrat who thinks taking her on in a debate is a sure thing. The woman is tough, fast on her feet and able to give better than she gets. Anyone who has seen her in action testifying in front of a hostile House or Senate committee knows that she will be able to wipe up the floor with a plodding, ordinary pol of a Democratic vice-presidential candidate. Take Rice lightly at your peril.

In the ordinary course of things the ideal vice-presidential candidate is relied upon to carry his or her home state and keep out of trouble. With Condi the GOP gets a lot more. It gets a superstar to match the Democrats' superstars. If it comes to name recognition, glamour and magnetism for conservatives, Condi is dandy. Also, it is a plus for the GOP team that she is a snappy dresser.

Rice's presence on the ticket deprives the Democrats of the we-are-more-diverse-than-thou argument. It makes McCain--whose ethnically diverse family includes an adopted daughter from Bangladesh--an even more attractive candidate for a certain kind of independent voter.

Rice can rightly be attacked for serving Bush and backing an unpopular and disastrous war. But McCain, who is extremely pro-war himself, is not going to select a running mate who is wishy-washy on Iraq. Rice is also said to have done a poor job running the State Department, where morale is supposed to have dropped faster than a subprime mortgage. However, you can put the number of voters who give a rodent's behind about the care and feeding of cookie-pushing diplomats in a phone booth, if phone booths still existed.

With Rice on the ticket the Republicans are freed up to run a much stronger negative campaign against either Clinton or Obama because the Secretary of State provides them with cover against charges of sexism or racism. They would be able to go after Obama's membership in Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ. Its minister, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., with whom Obama is close, has won himself the militant tag from conservatives because of his association with Nation of Islam leader the Rev. Louis Farrakhan.

They can attack Hillary's experience claims as consisting of her being Bill's wife. They can challenge her boast that she is a strong, independent woman and paint her as a weak, hopelessly-in-love woman under the spell of a man subject not only to "bimbo eruptions" but also eruptions of smarmy deals with shady business figures.

Lastly, Rice is a notorious sports fan with excruciatingly detailed knowledge of much of its arcana. She's often said that her dream job is commissioner of the National Football League; however, in a pinch she would probably settle for Vice President of the United States.

inconvertible
03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
oops

Extra Stout
03-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Here, I think Nicholas von Hoffman, of "The Nation," lays it out rather nicely...
Yet another funny thing about upscale white liberals is that they think they really understand how conservatives think, such that the fact that Condoleeza Rice goes to church regularly and likes the NFL will motivate the religious right to turn out in hordes somehow.

I also liked how in successive paragraphs, conservatives simultaneously will be keenly impressed with her because she is so competent, but that her incompetence won't be an issue because conservatives don't care about competence anyway.

Yonivore
03-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Yet another funny thing about upscale white liberals is that they think they really understand how conservatives think, such that the fact that Condoleeza Rice goes to church regularly and likes the NFL will motivate the religious right to turn out in hordes somehow.

I also liked how in successive paragraphs, conservatives simultaneously will be keenly impressed with her because she is so competent, but that her incompetence won't be an issue because conservatives don't care about competence anyway.
I think you're missing my point.

It's not about the far left or the far right. It's about all those -- particularly on the left -- who have been enured to the Democrat's use of identity politics to keep Democrat voters on the plantation and in the kitchen.

At a time when they're self-destructing over the issue, it would be a perfect time for Republicans to bring forward a candidate that could serve as an alternative to both Clinton and Obama...for those whose eyes are opened.

Frankly, I don't hold out any hope for the extremes on either side. But, fortunately, they're not the majority of either party.

Extra Stout
03-11-2008, 11:33 AM
I think you're missing my point.

It's not about the far left or the far right. It's about all those -- particularly on the left -- who have been enured to the Democrat's use of identity politics to keep Democrat voters on the plantation and in the kitchen.

At a time when they're self-destructing over the issue, it would be a perfect time for Republicans to bring forward a candidate that could serve as an alternative to both Clinton and Obama...for those whose eyes are opened.

Frankly, I don't hold out any hope for the extremes on either side. But, fortunately, they're not the majority of either party.

If their eyes were opened, why would the Republicans need to resort to naked, Democratic-style identity politics to get them?

Yonivore
03-11-2008, 11:35 AM
If their eyes were opened, why would the Republicans need to resort to naked, Democratic-style identity politics to get them?
Did I mention, I think she's an excellent Vice Presidential candidate. She's certainly more qualified than either Obama or Clinton.

Extra Stout
03-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Did I mention, I think she's an excellent Vice Presidential candidate. She's certainly more qualified than either Obama or Clinton.
While that may be so,

1) You brought her up in the first place because she's a black woman, not because she's qualified, and

2) "More qualified than either Obama or Clinton" is not a very high bar to jump.

Yonivore
03-11-2008, 11:44 AM
While that may be so,

1) You brought her up in the first place because she's a black woman, not because she's qualified,...
This is true but, it was in the context of demonstrating an opportunity to exploit a schism in Democrat identity politics. I certainly don't consider her vice-presidential material because of either her race or sex.

After all, in the final analysis, it is about winning the White House and keeping, at least, the more conservative of candidates in the Oval Office.

...and

2) "More qualified than either Obama or Clinton" is not a very high bar to jump.
True that. I would argue she's also more qualified than most Republicans McCain might consider. But, we weren't talking about a Republican-to-Republican comparison in this thread...we're discussing defeating the Democrats in November.

spurster
03-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Another funny thing about upscale white liberals is that they think everybody in the Democratic Party thinks exactly like them. Black people are really exactly like white liberals. White liberals pride themselves on their thorough mastery of how black people think.
This is a excellent example of pointing out a fallacy (X knows how Y thinks) and using it in your own argument (ES knows how X thinks).

LakerMagic
03-11-2008, 11:52 AM
I typically vote democrat, but this Clinton/Obama shit pisses me off. I'm tired of the mudslinging. I wish Edwards had had more support.

I've pretty much decided Im going to vote for McCain so that in 4 years I can see a new fresh face from the democratic party.

Extra Stout
03-11-2008, 11:53 AM
This is a excellent example of pointing out a fallacy (X knows how Y thinks) and using it in your own argument (ES knows how X thinks).
OMG, you mean white liberals don't all think like that???? Crap, now I have to change my outreach strategy.

George Gervin's Afro
03-11-2008, 12:55 PM
To: Interested Parties
From: Greg Craig, former director, Policy Planning Office, U.S. State Department

RE: Senator Clinton's claim to be experienced in foreign policy: Just words?

DA: March 11, 2008

When your entire campaign is based upon a claim of experience, it is important that you have evidence to support that claim. Hillary Clinton's argument that she has passed "the Commander- in-Chief test" is simply not supported by her record.

There is no doubt that Hillary Clinton played an important domestic policy role when she was First Lady. It is well known, for example, that she led the failed effort to pass universal health insurance. There is no reason to believe, however, that she was a key player in foreign policy at any time during the Clinton Administration. She did not sit in on National Security Council meetings. She did not have a security clearance. She did not attend meetings in the Situation Room. She did not manage any part of the national security bureaucracy, nor did she have her own national security staff. She did not do any heavy-lifting with foreign governments, whether they were friendly or not. She never managed a foreign policy crisis, and there is no evidence to suggest that she participated in the decision-making that occurred in connection with any such crisis. As far as the record shows, Senator Clinton never answered the phone either to make a decision on any pressing national security issue - not at 3 AM or at any other time of day.

When asked to describe her experience, Senator Clinton has cited a handful of international incidents where she says she played a central role. But any fair-minded and objective judge of these claims - i.e., by someone not affiliated with the Clinton campaign - would conclude that Senator Clinton's claims of foreign policy experience are exaggerated.

Nice job Obama now you have pointed out that you nor clinton have experience.. Brilliant!

Extra Stout
03-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Nice job Obama now you have pointed out that you nor clinton have experience.. Brilliant!
I think I promised you a stuffed elephant. Is there someplace you would like it forwarded to? A PM is fine.

PixelPusher
03-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Actually, it was "brillliant" of Hillary to proffer an imaginary qualification to begin with.

Have you picked up your "McCain '08" button yet?

AFBlue
03-11-2008, 02:35 PM
And my brothers and sisters actually said the negative politics between these two candidates wouldn't hurt them in the long run....

Laughable.

Yonivore
03-11-2008, 02:59 PM
And my brothers and sisters actually said the negative politics between these two candidates wouldn't hurt them in the long run....

Laughable.
Are you kidding? This is the perfect storm of Democrat politics.

2centsworth
03-11-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm pissed that everyone ignores the plight of the Puerto Ricans. You guys don't realize my ancestors were some banana peeling fools. I'm owed a check from the government and at least a VP candidate.

Evan
03-11-2008, 05:29 PM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh261/funrichmonddude/obama.jpg

George Gervin's Afro
03-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Actually, it was "brillliant" of Hillary to proffer an imaginary qualification to begin with.

Have you picked up your "McCain '08" button yet?

No, I have not decided on who I will vote for if Obama wins the Dem nomination..

possessed
03-11-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm really enjoying how these old-guard tax-and-spend liberal Democrats, after years of sanctimonious prattling about how racist we all are if we don't submit to their enlightened political views, at the end reveal themselves to be as insidious a bunch of bigots as Bubba in Yazoo City.

Yeah, Geraldine, black men have it sooooooooo much easier than white women.
Welcome to what conservatives have been trying to tell you for the past 20 years.

But what do those fascist rednecks know, right?

:wakeup

Cant_Be_Faded
03-11-2008, 10:00 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0308/A_Ferraro_flashback.html

March 11, 2008
Read More: Barack Obama

A Ferraro flashback

"If Jesse Jackson were not black, he wouldn't be in the race," she said.

Really. The cite is an April 15, 1988 Washington Post story (byline: Howard Kurtz), available only on Nexis.

Here's the full context:

Placid of demeanor but pointed in his rhetoric, Jackson struck out repeatedly today against those who suggest his race has been an asset in the campaign. President Reagan suggested Tuesday that people don't ask Jackson tough questions because of his race. And former representative Geraldine A. Ferraro (D-N.Y.) said Wednesday that because of his "radical" views, "if Jesse Jackson were not black, he wouldn't be in the race."

Asked about this at a campaign stop in Buffalo, Jackson at first seemed ready to pounce fiercely on his critics. But then he stopped, took a breath, and said quietly, "Millions of Americans have a point of view different from" Ferraro's.

Discussing the same point in Washington, Jackson said, "We campaigned across the South . . . without a single catcall or boo. It was not until we got North to New York that we began to hear this from Koch, President Reagan and then Mrs. Ferraro . . . . Some people are making hysteria while I'm making history."

Mr. Peabody
03-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Ms. Ferraro responds to criticisms of her comment....

"Any time anybody does anything that in any way pulls this campaign down and says let's address reality and the problems we're facing in this world, you're accused of being racist, so you have to shut up," Ferraro said. "Racism works in two different directions. I really think they're attacking me because I'm white. How's that?"

Yonivore
03-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Okay, now the KKK is having a forehead-slapping moment. "Damn! Why didn't we think of that?"

PixelPusher
03-11-2008, 10:24 PM
What is it with you old people and racism? Why can't you let it go?

"Logan's Run" shows us a future where the remains of human civilization deem the price for their continued survival is that everyone over 30 must die.

I'm starting to see how a society would theoretically develop to reach that conclusion.

boutons_
03-12-2008, 10:32 AM
"There she goes again":

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0308/A_Ferraro_flashback.html

Extra Stout
03-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Hillary would gain points by just telling Ferraro to shut the hell up and go knit a sweater.

JoeChalupa
03-12-2008, 12:58 PM
It was a bad use of words. Period. Her reasoning is pathetic.

Yonivore
03-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Hillary would gain points by just telling Ferraro to shut the hell up and go knit a sweater.
That would be sexist.

xrayzebra
03-12-2008, 02:01 PM
It was a bad use of words. Period. Her reasoning is pathetic.

Is it okay for an old white guy to disagree. He is where he
is at only because he is black, period.

He has no message, he has no plan, he has nothing, but
BS. I will surrender, I have bigger and better plans to
spend YOUR money.

I have a question. Are blacks prejudice? Seems most are
voting for the black guy.

Now all of you get in line and call me prejudice, I could
care less. Seems most don't want to hear anything
bad about the black guy.

And he screams bloody murder even when you call him
by his "real" name. Hussein.

What has this country come to.

Yonivore
03-12-2008, 02:08 PM

spend YOUR money.

bad about the black guy.

I think you're only partially right. Yes, his race has played a factor in his ascendence but, give him this, he's charismatic like Clinton (Bill), intelligent, good looking, and puts on a good show.

After all, this is American Idol politics at its best. He's caused a buzz and the young ignorant voters like him.

I think his race only played a factor because Democrats wanted a token black in the race...they had no fucking idea he'd become such a force to be reckoned with; I think they were thinking more along the lines of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.

Their bad.

boutons_
03-12-2008, 02:56 PM
"American Idol politics"

Many analysts have said the Hussein's and Hillary's policy positions are nearly identical. So trashing one, trash both.

McCain is offering real policy substance, esp on health care, economy, and the Iraq war? His substance to stumblingly carry forward with the failed momentum of dubya and dickhead.

Same old dubya shit that fucked up the military and the economy, protect and enrich the super-rich and corps

xrayzebra
03-12-2008, 02:59 PM
"American Idol politics"

Many analysts have said the Hussein's and Hillary's policy positions are nearly identical. So trashing one, trash both.

McCain is offering real policy substance, esp on health care, economy, and the Iraq war? His substance to stumblingly carry forward with the failed momentum of dubya and dickhead.

Same old dubya shit that fucked up the military and the economy, protect and enrich the super-rich and corps

Where does it ever say the government is responsible
for our health care? Or economy for that matter.
Damn, does anyone have any responsibility for anything.
Guess not.

Spawn
03-12-2008, 03:03 PM

spend YOUR money.

bad about the black guy.

Another Angry White Man I see. If being Black helps a person in their bid for president then why have the presidents in the past been White men?

clambake
03-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Another Angry White Man I see. If being Black helps a person in their bid for president then why have the presidents in the past been White men?
how dare you bring logic into this, bitch.

xrayzebra
03-12-2008, 03:11 PM

I don't know. Do you? Because they were the only ones
running?

Angry, hell yes. I am angry is some many aspects of
our government, our political parties I cant see straight
sometimes. And I am especially angry with folks like you
and others who cant see past the damn nose on your
face. I take offense of your offense, how's that for
being political correct. Stupid is being stuck on stupid.

clambake
03-12-2008, 03:18 PM
And I am especially angry with folks like you
face.
whats out there ray? oh how i wish i could see....tell me......do you see a treehugger taking it in the ass from a catholic priest? do you see a black guy who dares to be president of your white america?

Spawn
03-12-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't know. Do you? Because they were the only ones
running?

Angry, hell yes. I am angry is some many aspects of
our government, our political parties I cant see straight
sometimes. And I am especially angry with folks like you
face. I take offense of your offense, how's that for
being political correct. Stupid is being stuck on stupid.

:lol

Wow just Wow. I don't even know how to respond to such drivel. You are just a senile old coot who longs for the good ole' days. And for your info, there have been Blacks in the past who ran for office and I am suprised you wouldn't know this being that if you are Black and running for president that puts you at an advantage that a poor ole' White guy doesn't have.

Oh, and keep being honest, I personally detest political correctness.

Have a blessed day!!!

clambake
03-12-2008, 03:28 PM
holy shit, i just got it!

xray.....james earl ray.

coincedence?

xrayzebra
03-12-2008, 03:29 PM
^^No I see a country going to hell in a hand basket because
people like you make an issue out of race or gender. I see people
like you that want to chastise me for questioning your motives.
I see people like Obama and Hillary using the race card. For playing
people against each other. I see people like you who only see
the special people like homosexuals, homeless, environmentalist,
and poor as the folks who need government. I see people like
you that look at white, middle income Americans as the stupid
ones. As the folks who want the dope, abortions, stem cell
research, at government expense, and level playing fields as
the only enlighten people. Conservative people, who happened
to be the ones who made the country what is once was are
looked down on as some kind of animal who should be
destroyed. Yeah, I get a little peeved. But you know something
my fine adversary. You are going to have to live in the
world you want created. My only regret is that my children and
grandchildren will have to also.

xrayzebra
03-12-2008, 03:30 PM
holy shit, i just got it!

xray.....james earl ray.

coincedence?

You never got anything in your life, but a cold.

clambake
03-12-2008, 03:31 PM
:lol :lol :lol meltdown.

xrayzebra
03-12-2008, 03:34 PM
:lol :lol :lol meltdown.

Unable to answer the charges. Proving my point!

JoeChalupa
03-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Racism is alive and well all across the world. Those who think all is peachy in the USA are not living in the real world.

Spawn
03-12-2008, 03:38 PM

And the comedy keeps coming. People like me? You don't know the first thing about me or my political beliefs. And for your info, I am far from being a libral just check some of my posting history as I have blasted librals over their B.S. as well. The reason I chastize "people like you" because you make stupid statements such as he only got to where he is because he is Black.

And are you sure you want to give the credit about Conservatives making the country what it once was? Do you really want to go there... Jim Crow!!!

clambake
03-12-2008, 03:43 PM
anyone else hear a banjo in the background?

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2008, 04:34 PM
breaking news

Geraldine Ferraro is leaving the Hillary Clinton campaign in the wake of a controversy regarding her remarks about Barack Obama. -CNN

i wouldn't be surprised if the 60's isn't played out again from here on out. i can see race riots happening. did you see that white family beat down on that black news reporter while she was doing a story on location in south carolina. it's a seperate story from this , but i think that's only a glimpse of what's to come. i can also see an assassination attempt. i hope it doesn't happen, but i wouldn't be surprised. nothing good comes from humans.

Yonivore
03-12-2008, 04:50 PM
breaking news

Geraldine Ferraro is leaving the Hillary Clinton campaign in the wake of a controversy regarding her remarks about Barack Obama. -CNN

i wouldn't be surprised if the 60's isn't played out again from here on out. i can see race riots happening. did you see that white family beat down on that black news reporter while she was doing a story on location in south carolina. it's a seperate story from this , but i think that's only a glimpse of what's to come. i can also see an assassination attempt. i hope it doesn't happen, but i wouldn't be surprised. nothing good comes from Democrats.
There, fixed.

xrayzebra
03-12-2008, 04:53 PM
The old angry white guy. Yep, that's me.

Us old Conservatives. You blast us at every occasion. Okay.
One question. Who got us where we are? The welfare state?
I don't think so. How bout those homosexuals who are worried
about equal rights like the those stupid old heterosexuals, who
happened to be the ones who brought forth those homosexuals.
Yeah, are those minorities who have more than equal rights.
Who cant be bigoted, well why, well they are minorities.
All you wonderful folks who think you know so much. Got news
for you. You haven't even begin to understand what prejudice
is. Have you seen a 8 month pregnant woman beat to the
ground and kicked because she is a gypsy and then arrested
because she was wrong. Animal cruelty, my God, you have
no idea. Environmental problems, you only know what you
read. Oh, even our MSM is finally talking about China and
and the Olympics. You fine, upstanding, wonderful, environmentally friendly, I am color blind folks. Please give me
a break. Oh, and call me what you like. I know what I am
and like living in my skin. Maybe it is you that has a problem.

clambake
03-12-2008, 05:17 PM
The old angry white guy. Yep, that's me.

Us old Conservatives. You blast us at every occasion. Okay.
One question. Who got us where we are? The welfare state?
I don't think so. How bout those homosexuals who are worried
is. Have you seen a 8 month pregnant woman beat to the
because she was wrong. Animal cruelty, my God, you have
read. Oh, even our MSM is finally talking about China and
and the Olympics. You fine, upstanding, wonderful, environmentally friendly, I am color blind folks. Please give me
a break. Oh, and call me what you like. I know what I am
and like living in my skin. Maybe it is you that has a problem.
what?

Mr. Peabody
03-12-2008, 05:26 PM

Right, because every Black candidate does this well in a presidential primary.

Sincerely,

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, & Carol Moseley-Braun

clambake
03-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Right, because every Black candidate does this well in a presidential primary.

Sincerely,

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, & Carol Moseley-Braun
exactly.

the thought of this obama makes rays skin crawl.

Mr. Peabody
03-12-2008, 05:30 PM
How bout those homosexuals who are worried

is.

Have you seen a 8 month pregnant woman beat to the
because she was wrong.

Animal cruelty, my God, you have
read.

Oh, even our MSM is finally talking about China and
and the Olympics.

WTF?!?!? :wtf

ray, you've finally gone off the deep end.
:drunk

clambake
03-12-2008, 05:32 PM
yeah, and ray, lay off the china badmouthing. you don't want to get evicted.