PDA

View Full Version : bynum will be the savior for the lakers!!

honestfool84
03-11-2008, 09:20 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakerep8mar08,1,7175984.story?ctrack=3&cset=true

Andrew Bynum's return from a knee injury might not be until close to the end of the regular season, Coach Phil Jackson suggested Friday.

"That's still perhaps a month away, maybe, whatever," he said when asked about the team adapting to Bynum's return. "I can't even put a date on it. It's just too early to think of it like that."

Bynum could begin jogging on a treadmill next week, but Jackson already sensed a challenging adjustment period when the 20-year-old returned to the court, particularly with Pau Gasol now in the mix.

"Now, if this is in the playoffs, it's almost impossible to do that because you don't want to break up the chemistry. It's going to be handled just the right way.

--------------------------------------

lakers savior?
right.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Obstructed_View
03-11-2008, 09:25 AM
I hope he miraculously recovers and is in game shape for the playoffs.

DazedAndConfused
03-11-2008, 09:59 AM
^^No you don't. You along with every other Spurs fan are praying his knee injury sidelines him for the rest of the season.

2Cleva
03-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Tied for best record in the West and yet LA needs a savior?

Intriguing.

101A
03-11-2008, 10:02 AM
^^No you don't. You along with every other Spurs fan are praying his knee injury sidelines him for the rest of the season.No.

I want him healthy and playing. I want the Spurs to take the Asterisk that is on the tip of every Laker's fan's tongue, and shove it right up your.....

DazedAndConfused
03-11-2008, 10:02 AM
They just brought in this new low-gravity machine to the practice facility so Bynum can do some cardio without impacting his knees too much. Looks like a space bubble.

http://www.alter-g.com/AlterG/images/products_gtrainer.jpg

thebigchill
03-11-2008, 10:26 AM
They just brought in this new low-gravity machine to the practice facility so Bynum can do some cardio without impacting his knees too much. Looks like a space bubble.

Just let him play 1 on 1 with Gasol...very low impact.

DazedAndConfused
03-11-2008, 10:39 AM
:)

BonnerDynasty
03-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Just the basketball gods at work.

leemajors
03-11-2008, 10:40 AM
they should just officially shut him down for the season. no reason to risk the next ten years of his career.

honestfool84
03-11-2008, 10:48 AM

haha.
that is too funny.
in all honesty, though, i am curious as to how he (gasol) will do in the playoffs, especially trying to guard duncan..

they should just officially shut him down for the season. no reason to risk the next ten years of his career.

as a spurs fan, i want him to play, because phil jackson is very quick when he tries to place asterisks on a champsionship..

by the way, i used to love the bulls, but i wonder if our favorite zen master put an asterisk on the championships of houston in 94 and 95 (cause jordan wasn't there, and its almost a sure eight wins in a row if jordan hadn't left; ugh, dangit jordan!)

batboy
03-11-2008, 10:51 AM

:lmao

I want him healthy and playing. I want the Spurs to take the Asterisk that is on the tip of every Laker's fan's tongue, and shove it right up your.....

/signed

batboy
03-11-2008, 10:53 AM
^^No you don't. You along with every other Spurs fan are praying his knee injury sidelines him for the rest of the season.

BTW when did you become a fucking douche? I admit that I can't keep track very well of who are the good Laker fans and who are the trolls, but it seems like you were decent for awhile there.

honestfool84
03-11-2008, 10:58 AM
BTW when did you become a fucking douche? I admit that I can't keep track very well of who are the good Laker fans and who are the trolls, but it seems like you were decent for awhile there.

when he found out that that article completely eradicated his claims that with bynum back, the lakers had a clear shot at the championship..

:lol

spursrocksocks
03-11-2008, 11:05 AM

That looks like fun, plus you could climb inside and hotbox it LOL

ancestron
03-11-2008, 11:09 AM
This shouldnt be in the Spurs forum.

LakerMagic
03-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Spurs fans are really fearing the return of Bynum, arent you.

Obstructed_View
03-11-2008, 11:37 AM
No, I don't like ducking teams. I know the Lakers don't like that two of their championships came when one of the top two scorers for the Spurs was injured. I also know that your dumb little bitch ass will be in here for a year trying to minimize the ass-whipping the Spurs put on the Lakers if Bynum's not there, so my interest is twofold.

cash459
03-11-2008, 12:15 PM
No, I don't like ducking teams. I know the Lakers don't like that two of their championships came when one of the top two scorers for the Spurs was injured. I also know that your dumb little bitch ass will be in here for a year trying to minimize the ass-whipping the Spurs put on the Lakers if Bynum's not there, so my interest is twofold.

:toast :toast

DazedAndConfused
03-11-2008, 12:15 PM
No Spurs team ever assembled could have beat the Lakers in 2001. You didn't just lose to us in 2001, you suffered the worst defeat in conference Finals HISTORY losing by an average of 20+ points a game. Tim Duncan nor David Robinson would have made up for that.

Indazone
03-11-2008, 12:18 PM
forum??

cash459
03-11-2008, 12:22 PM
No Spurs team ever assembled could have beat the Lakers in 2001. You didn't just lose to us in 2001, you suffered the worst defeat in conference Finals HISTORY losing by an average of 20+ points a game. Tim Duncan nor David Robinson would have made up for that.

since were living in the past, i guess all that is important for this season, huh? :rolleyes

and since were bringin up old shite, what about when the lakers got THOUROUGHLY embarassed in the finals by the Pistonsin 03-04!?

shouldnt that count for something!?

At least the Spurs are 4-0 in the finals and represent everytime they get there! to leave NO question of their dominance! :king

DazedAndConfused
03-11-2008, 12:26 PM
since were living in the past, i guess all that is important for this season, huh? :rolleyes

and since were bringin up old shite, what about when the lakers got THOUROUGHLY embarassed in the finals by the Pistonsin 03-04!?

shouldnt that count for something!?

At least the Spurs are 4-0 in the finals and represent everytime they get there! to leave NO question of their dominance! :king

LMAO at you bringing up the 03-04 season. Who did we spank in the WCF to actually get to the Finals? Does 0.4 seconds ring a bell???

And please Malone was injured for the entire series pretty much, it's not like we were completely healthy. And the Pistons were a worthy opponent, they took you to a 7 gamer IIRC.

And you wanna bring up rings? 14 RINGS BITCH. 14 >>>> 4.

jag
03-11-2008, 12:28 PM
LMAO at you bringing up the 03-04 season. Who did we spank in the WCF to actually get to the Finals? Does 0.4 seconds ring a bell???

And please Malone was injured for the entire series pretty much, it's not like we were completely healthy. And the Pistons were a worthy opponent, they took you to a 7 gamer IIRC.

.4 seconds does take a lot of skill...

Fillmoe
03-11-2008, 12:28 PM
he should put on his cape

cash459
03-11-2008, 12:30 PM

and THAT is why Spurs fans dont want the lakers to ahve an excuse of bynum not being ready for the playoffs. so you cant make anymore excuses like that one.

That .4 second play was a joke. the replay clearly show time clock error, so theres YOUR asterisk!

Again, whats the point of making it to the finals (even if you did go through SA) if you dont win it all, its a wasted season (see 07 patriots, cowboys, 03 lakers); another point for the Spurs being undefeated in the finals.

DazedAndConfused
03-11-2008, 12:33 PM
.4 seconds does take a lot of skill...

So does whooping your opponent 4-2 in a series.

cash459
03-11-2008, 12:34 PM

and the last one was..........oh yeah, its been a while since you had one, but im sure thats still a sore subject for you.

Look, youre usually able to see both sides & to recognize that the Spurs are NOT a joke of a franchise or team, but every now and then you revert to the "typical" laker fan on here. whats the deal?

cash459
03-11-2008, 12:35 PM
So does whooping your opponent 4-2 in a series.

that DOESNT take skill!?!? OMG..WOW...ok, so if the lakers win a series this playoffs 4-2 or 4-1 or even 4-0, that doesnt take skill!??

go back to bed and come back when you have proper blood flow to your brain & can reason

DazedAndConfused
03-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Well when you mofos start these ignorant Bynum hate threads......don't expect Laker fans to be nice.

mavsfan1000
03-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Celtics 16 Rings Lakers 14 Bitch.

DazedAndConfused
03-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Mavs 0 rings. STFU bitch.

cash459
03-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Well when you mofos start these ignorant Bynum hate threads......don't expect Laker fans to be nice.

then control where your "anger" is directed. just as there are ignorant laker fans on here, there are ignorant spurs fans.

A true fan sees everything.

Supreme_Being
03-11-2008, 12:46 PM
No.

...fucking ass.

Spuradicator
03-11-2008, 01:11 PM

Oh shut the fuck up. This is a Spurs site and we WILL talk about whatever we want to talk about without regard for Laker fans getting all butt-hurt over it. Besides, what is Laker fan such as yourself doing on a Spurs fourm site? The answer is easy, trolling. So take your bynum dick sucking sensetive ass elsewhere if you can't stand the ass kicking you get on here.

DazedAndConfused
03-11-2008, 01:15 PM
This is a Spurs site?

Spuradicator
03-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Typical dialogue found in Spurstalk.com basketball threads.

Lakerfan: Bynum is the bestest ever!
Spursfan: :rolleyes
Mavsfan: Bynum might not be ready come playoff time?
Lakerfan: Fuck you mavfan, Bynum is our defensive anchor? He will rule all!
Rocketfan: Im really looking forward to this Sundays game against the Lakers.
Lakerfan: Fuck you rocketfan, 19-0 means nothing. Its an easy win for us.
Rocketfan: Regardless Im looking forward to it.
Lakerfan: Fuck you, fuck Mavs, fuck the Spurs, fuck Lebron. Fuck Timmy, Dirk, Shaq. Go Lakers, Kobe + Bynum = 10 more championships
Mavs Fan: Fuck Shaq? You all won 3 titles with him.
Lakerfan: It was all because of Kobe!
Spursfan: Then why haven't you won it since Shaq left?
Lakerfan: Fuck you spursfan!
Mavsfan: Well they have Gasol now. He matched up pretty well with Dirk.
Lakerfan: Fuck you we still beat the shit out of your ass!!!!
Mavsfan: You all barely won. I'd like to think if these teams met in the playoffs it would be a highly competive series
Lakerfan: We would beat your ass 4-0 by an average of 20 points! Gasol Rules!
Spursfan: Oh shut the fuck up already
Lakerfan: Wah Wah, Wah, Wah :cry You mofos are assholes on here!

mavsfan1000
03-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Mavs 0 rings. STFU bitch.
Team: Boston Celtics You stfu.

Obstructed_View
03-12-2008, 01:02 PM
The Spurs' season ended when Derek Anderson got injured. The series against the Lakers was a formality.

SpursDynasty
03-12-2008, 01:53 PM
While Bynum is the best center in the NBA, he isn't the most experienced.

dirk4mvp
03-12-2008, 01:56 PM
While Bynum is the best center in the NBA, he isn't the most experienced.

have you had your lunch today?

endrity
03-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Typical dialogue found in Spurstalk.com basketball threads.

Lakerfan: Bynum is the bestest ever!
Mavsfan: Bynum might not be ready come playoff time?
Lakerfan: Fuck you mavfan, Bynum is our defensive anchor? He will rule all!
Rocketfan: Im really looking forward to this Sundays game against the Lakers.
Lakerfan: Fuck you rocketfan, 19-0 means nothing. Its an easy win for us.
Rocketfan: Regardless Im looking forward to it.
Lakerfan: Fuck you, fuck Mavs, fuck the Spurs, fuck Lebron. Fuck Timmy, Dirk, Shaq. Go Lakers, Kobe + Bynum = 10 more championships
Mavs Fan: Fuck Shaq? You all won 3 titles with him.
Lakerfan: It was all because of Kobe!
Spursfan: Then why haven't you won it since Shaq left?
Lakerfan: Fuck you spursfan!
Mavsfan: Well they have Gasol now. He matched up pretty well with Dirk.
Lakerfan: Fuck you we still beat the shit out of your ass!!!!
Mavsfan: You all barely won. I'd like to think if these teams met in the playoffs it would be a highly competive series
Lakerfan: We would beat your ass 4-0 by an average of 20 points! Gasol Rules!
Spursfan: Oh shut the fuck up already
Lakerfan: Wah Wah, Wah, Wah :cry You mofos are assholes on here!

:toast

the funny thing is that seriously right after they got Gasol here they are saying they can beat anyone and not even take in consideration other factors. The Mavs have played them very well. Let's see how they match up with Rox. Let's see how the match up with Spurs.

What am I trying to do here, this is what you should say

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

tlongII
03-12-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't even think Bynum will be back this year. He's having too many problems with the knee. It doesn't make much difference though as he and Gasol play the same position. They really won't be that much better with both of them as opposed to just one of them. Only one will be in the game at a time.

Obstructed_View
03-12-2008, 10:38 PM
I don't even think Bynum will be back this year. He's having too many problems with the knee. It doesn't make much difference though as he and Gasol play the same position. They really won't be that much better with both of them as opposed to just one of them. Only one will be in the game at a time.
Gasol's a 4, Bynum's a 5. Think Lamarcus and Greg.

DazedAndConfused
03-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Bynum seen on the court today dunking the ball (jumping dunks) and doing shooting drills.

Indazone
03-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Come playoff time, Bynum will be sitting in a swimming pool getting therapy and stationary running in water. :lmao

DazedAndConfused
03-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Come playoff time, Bynum will be sitting in a swimming pool getting therapy and stationary running in water. :lmao

Yao Ming

Indazone
03-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Difference is, we don't need Yao Ming. hahahaha

DazedAndConfused
03-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Difference is, we don't need Yao Ming. hahahaha

T-Back

Allanon
03-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Sorry RocketFans, you have a great streak but it ends at lucky #21.

The Lakers won't give the Rockets a chance at beating the 33 record, it's a matter of Laker pride.

As for Bynum he'll be back in April. And when he's back he'll contribute.

Come Playoff time, nobody's stopping the Triple Towers - Bynum, Lamar and Pau.

DazedAndConfused
03-13-2008, 12:52 AM
I can't wait till we see Bynum back on the court with Pau, Odom, Kobe, and Fisher. That 1st game back is gonna be electric.

Indazone
03-13-2008, 12:54 AM
If..and it's a big if, we get through next week unscathed, I will be laughing at all the Laker nuthuggers.

DazedAndConfused
03-13-2008, 12:57 AM
If..and it's a big if, we get through next week unscathed, I will be laughing at all the Laker nuthuggers.

You can win every single regular season game and I can guarantee you not a single fan of the Mavs, Spurs, Suns, or Lakers would be afraid of the Rockets. You just don't get it, and unfortunately it's going to take another 1st round or 2nd round, if you're lucky, exit for you to understand that no team led by Tracy Mcgrady consisting of Reefer Alston, Battier, Landry, and Deke will ever make it out of the WCF.

Findog
03-13-2008, 12:57 AM
Can a plane crash into the Toyota Center on Sunday? Either way, one set of trolls will continue to squawk.

tlongII
03-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Gasol's a 4, Bynum's a 5. Think Lamarcus and Greg.

Gasol's a 5. He's always been a 5.

DazedAndConfused
03-13-2008, 01:15 AM
^^No.

endrity
03-13-2008, 07:06 AM

you deserve it too

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Since Lorenzen Wright and Darko Milicic are listed as centers, and Pau is not, I'm not sure where you are getting that idea. Pau has been on the all-star ballot as a forward his entire career. Since the Lakers are even thinner at center than the Grizzlies were, he's playing out of position until they get healthy.

dirk4mvp
03-13-2008, 10:53 AM

Are you an idiot?

21_Blessings
03-13-2008, 12:30 PM

And I'll be laughing at all the delusional Rocket fans who think their meaningless regular season winning streak will actually mean anything when they lose in the first round, yet again.

Killakobe81
03-13-2008, 08:57 PM
being undefeated in the FINALS is great but id rather have 14 banners with some finals losses than an a perfect FINALS record ...truth be told the spurs were the better team when Fish hit that shot with .03 so that was what made that victory so sweet.

O-Factor
03-13-2008, 11:38 PM
And I'll be laughing at all the delusional Rocket fans who think their meaningless regular season winning streak will actually mean anything when they lose in the first round, yet again.

How is it meaningless when it helped you get into playoff contention AND helped you become one of the higher seeds? :rolleyes

Idiot.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2008, 02:04 PM
being undefeated in the FINALS is great but id rather have 14 banners with some finals losses than an a perfect FINALS record ...truth be told the spurs were the better team when Fish hit that shot with .03 so that was what made that victory so sweet.
Nah, the fact that they quit during the next game means they were not the better team.