PDA

View Full Version : sample the beer before you buy

mrsmaalox
03-11-2008, 10:03 AM
I like this idea

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080311/ap_on_fe_st/beer_tasting;_ylt=AiZZsm5_KqzSKG_guY3kkht34T0D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample the beer before you buy it Tue Mar 11, 7:33 AM ET

OLYMPIA, Wash. - Washington lawmakers have approved a pilot program that will allow beer and wine tasting in 30 grocery stores statewide in an effort to market local products.

The measure now heads to the governor, after passing the Senate 29-17 on Monday. It earlier passed the House.

The one-year program, strongly supported by the state's microbrewery and wine industries, allows shoppers to sample as much as 4 ounces of beer or wine. Supporters say it allows small wineries or breweries with no marketing budget to get their products out to the public.

But opponents contend the program sets a bad example by exposing children to alcohol consumption.

Copyright © 2008 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Send Feedback | Help

ATRAIN
03-11-2008, 10:14 AM
I like this idea

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080311/ap_on_fe_st/beer_tasting;_ylt=AiZZsm5_KqzSKG_guY3kkht34T0D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample the beer before you buy it Tue Mar 11, 7:33 AM ET

OLYMPIA, Wash. - Washington lawmakers have approved a pilot program that will allow beer and wine tasting in 30 grocery stores statewide in an effort to market local products.

The measure now heads to the governor, after passing the Senate 29-17 on Monday. It earlier passed the House.

The one-year program, strongly supported by the state's microbrewery and wine industries, allows shoppers to sample as much as 4 ounces of beer or wine. Supporters say it allows small wineries or breweries with no marketing budget to get their products out to the public.

But opponents contend the program sets a bad example by exposing children to alcohol consumption.

Copyright © 2008 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Send Feedback | Help

Its kind of like one of those stores that let you build a 6 pack.

Heath Ledger
03-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Cue the long lines of homeless waiting for their free beer...

PM5K
03-11-2008, 01:30 PM
So um....

We already do wine tasting here right?

mrsmaalox
03-11-2008, 02:00 PM
So um....

We already do wine tasting here right?

Well sure but it's a really good thing in a place like Washington state that has beaucoups micro-brews that need to be sampled!

Phil Hellmuth
03-11-2008, 02:26 PM
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/95/01/23300195.jpg

scott
03-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Already done here in Texas without any resulting "lines of hobos"...

Spurminator
03-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Already done here in Texas without any resulting "lines of hobos"...

But what about the lines and lines of children??

2Blonde
03-13-2008, 10:11 PM
They had beer tasting in the HEB on HWY 46 in bulverde today. It was for a couple of Irish ales. I felt bound to participate since St. Patty's is coming up. :spin

marini martini
03-13-2008, 10:44 PM
^^^Damn, I was there after school let out! I didn't see any beer samples :madrun

Sons of Bitches :wtf

2Blonde
03-13-2008, 10:46 PM
It was around 4:45pm. She was set up at the end of the aisle back by the bacon & eggs area. We coulda made happy hour out of it if I'd known you were there. :toast

mrsmaalox
03-13-2008, 10:54 PM
My HEB (281 & Evans) only ever has wine tasting; and of course I buy every one. I have so much wine I couldn't ever finish it. Now I would like a beer tasting because I've got such a limited beer palate that I'm always afraid to buy any. I'm pretty much Corona Light for any occasion,with a Shiner thrown in every once in a while. I enjoy microbreweries alot but I just usually get the lightest lager they make.

marini martini
03-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Call me next time. I'm only 10 minutes away :toast

Plus, if I go in there after 3:15 on a school day, I will definitely be taking my happy pill :dizzy

I might need a taxi to take me home :lol :lol

2Blonde
03-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Call me next time. I'm only 10 minutes away :toast

Plus, if I go in there after 3:15 on a school day, I will definitely be taking my happy pill :dizzy

I might need a taxi to take me home :lol :lol
Luckily I had my daughter with me, so she drove home. :toast

mrsmaalox
03-13-2008, 11:16 PM

Alright! My son is 14 this month. It won't belong before I too have my own chauffeur!!!

marini martini
03-13-2008, 11:18 PM

Those kids can come in handy every once in a while :lol

I remember mine driving me home on New year's 2004 :toast