PDA

View Full Version : Mary Ann is a pothead

Shelly
03-11-2008, 03:01 PM
I guess all those years hanging around Gilligan could do that to you.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/entertainment/080311/e031132A.html

Former Gilligan's Island star cops to reckless driving after pot bust
Published: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 | 1:20 PM ET
Canadian Press: THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

DRIGGS, Idaho - Perhaps they should have called her Mary Jane.

A surprise birthday party for Dawn Wells, the actress who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," ended with a nearly three-hour tour of the Teton County sheriff's office and jail when the 69-year-old was caught with marijuana in her vehicle while driving home.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/entertainment/080311/e031132A.jpg

This undated photo, supplied by the Teton County Sheriff's Department, shows Dawn Wells, the actress who played "Mary Ann" on Gilligan's Island, who was sentenced Feb. 29, 2008, to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation in Idaho after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Teton County Sheriff's DepartmentThis undated photo, supplied by the Teton County Sheriff's Department, shows Dawn Wells, the actress who played "Mary Ann" on Gilligan's Island, who was sentenced Feb. 29, 2008, to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation in Idaho after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Teton County Sheriff's Department

Wells is now serving six months' unsupervised probation. She was sentenced Feb. 29 to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving.

Prosecutors dropped misdemeanour counts of driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance.

According to a sheriff's, Wells over was pulled over after she swerved across the fog lines and centre lines of State Highway 33 and repeatedly speeded up and slowed down.

The officer who stopped her said he smelled burning marijuana.
Continue Article

Wells reportedly told him that she'd just given a ride to three hitchhikers and had dropped them off when they began smoking something.

Police found three half-smoked joints in the ashtray, a fourth half-smoked joint and two small cases used to store marijuana.

Wells' lawyer Ron Swafford said a friend admitted he'd left a small amount of marijuana in the car after having used it that day and that Wells was unaware of it.

Wells is the founder of the Idaho Film and Television Institute in Driggs and the organizer of the region's annual family movie festival called the Spud Fest.

cornbread
03-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Another dangerous criminal off the streets.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-11-2008, 03:04 PM
what a douche

degenerate_gambler
03-11-2008, 03:08 PM
i wonder if the professor ever hit that action..

Spurminator
03-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Still hot.

whottt
03-11-2008, 05:12 PM
She's a lightweight in the pot head department compared to Bob Denver...

whottt
03-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Somehow this only adds to the appeal of her Maryann chracter...

Ladies, are you taking note of the fact that she looks like she's about in her early to mid 50's...and she's actually pushing 70.

Maybe she eats the seeds...those are like miracle anti-aging/diet pills.

Phil Hellmuth
03-11-2008, 05:50 PM
OMG POT! IT IS SO DANGEROUS! What a criminal! {sarcasm}

what a joke, media/journalism and the outdated/ignorant law make pot seem worse than it really is. LOL @ the tagline "pot bust" like it was finding rooms full of weed in a house *(a common occurence here in socali that is actually newsworthy)

Come move to California where you can get pot easily legally with 150 bucks and any medical condition excuse. People need to come to their senses and realize pot is not anything bad and is just like a substance kinda like what coffee does to stimulate us.

whottt
03-11-2008, 05:52 PM
She really shouldn't be driving when she's loaded like that though.

Phil Hellmuth
03-11-2008, 05:55 PM
She really shouldn't be driving when she's loaded like that though.

Perhaps not. I certainly wouldn't condone people to drive under the influence, but I think it is all mental myself. The whole driving under pot gets overblown on the whole messing you up on coordination and such. I happen to drive better, less road rage, and the music I hear is 5 times better.

BigZak
03-11-2008, 06:03 PM
the only time it gets dangerous is when you drop your joint...that and the taking bit tokes with your eyes closed...

BigZak
03-11-2008, 06:15 PM
and Gilligan was a stud...

http://www.georgehernandez.com/h/aaBlog/2005/media/09-06_Gilligan.jpg

slayermin
03-11-2008, 06:25 PM
That arrest picture is classic. It looks like she just puffed on some maui-wowee.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-11-2008, 07:37 PM
OMG POT! IT IS SO DANGEROUS! What a criminal! {sarcasm}

what a joke, media/journalism and the outdated/ignorant law make pot seem worse than it really is. LOL @ the tagline "pot bust" like it was finding rooms full of weed in a house *(a common occurence here in socali that is actually newsworthy)

Come move to California where you can get pot easily legally with 150 bucks and any medical condition excuse. People need to come to their senses and realize pot is not anything bad and is just like a substance kinda like what coffee does to stimulate us.

Phil, is it that easy? Since seeing "Weeds", I've been wondering about "pot clubs" in California. Do they have a nice range of smoke?

Phil Hellmuth
03-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Phil, is it that easy? Since seeing "Weeds", I've been wondering about "pot clubs" in California. Do they have a nice range of smoke?

yes it is VERY easy. These doctors make money every time they get a new patient.

1. Go to clinic to get evaluated by doctor.
2. Tell doctor your problem and why you need medication.
3. Doctor verifies you (declines are rare). Often migraines is the easy excuse to use because it is mental and a doctor can't say you don't have them (compared to a physical injury).
4. You get a certificate and that can be used at one of the many dispensaries around California. Some counties allow dispensaries shops, and some counties don't. Los Angeles county does.

And yes they have a huuuge range of grass. Endless new cross strains that are amazing. They often have specials too and first time visit offers.

Only thing is the Feds still go after these pot-smoke places and close them down, but it's like mold (a good mold), they just keep popping up because it's legal by state Law and there is too much money to be made.

curtismedellin
03-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Mary Ann rocks, put on some make up, do her hair and....BAM! she'll look good again. I saw her last year in an interveiw and i couldn't believe how great she looked fo her age.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-11-2008, 07:52 PM
yes it is VERY easy. These doctors make money every time they get a new patient.

1. Go to clinic to get evaluated by doctor.
2. Tell doctor your problem and why you need medication.
3. Doctor verifies you (declines are rare). Often migraines is the easy excuse to use because it is mental and a doctor can't say you don't have them (compared to a physical injury).
4. You get a certificate and that can be used at one of the many dispensaries around California. Some counties allow dispensaries shops, and some counties don't. Los Angeles county does.

And yes they have a huuuge range of grass. Endless new cross strains that are amazing. They often have specials too and first time visit offers.

Only thing is the Feds still go after these pot-smoke places and close them down, but it's like mold (a good mold), they just keep popping up because it's legal by state Law and there is too much money to be made.

Thanks, Phil.

That is AWESOME! Where I come from possession (under an ounce) and use are decriminalised, but we can't buy pot legally. So, you get your prescription, buy your northern lights, and if a cop finds the stuff on you you just have to show the prescription?

On other matters, I do get occasional migraines.

Looking forward to my next visit to California. :D

whottt
03-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks, Phil.

That is AWESOME! Where I come from possession (under an ounce) and use are decriminalised, but we can't buy pot legally. So, you get your prescription, buy your northern lights, and if a cop finds the stuff on you you just have to show the prescription?

Yet another reason that USA > Australia

On other matters, I do get occasional migraines.

Looking forward to my next visit to California. :D

So let me get this straight...you are going to spew a hundred thousand gallons of earth warming fossil fuels into the air, just to get a bag of weed?

Crikey!

There's got to be some shit on Indonesia that ranks up there with anything you can get in LA.

But if it makes you feel any better...all the plants are going to love it when the Earth goes greenhouse....so by all means contribute :tu

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-11-2008, 09:33 PM
So let me get this straight...you are going to spew a hundred thousand gallons of earth warming fossil fuels into the air, just to get a bag of weed?

Crikey!

There's got to be some shit on Indonesia that ranks up there with anything you can get in LA.

But if it makes you feel any better...all the plants are going to love it when the Earth goes greenhouse....so by all means contribute :tu

Fucking hell, whottt, of course I'm not. But if I happen to be in California, I may just take advantage of the local environment...

As for lecturing me about my impact on the environment, shove it up your arse. I actually know exactly how much petrol/electricity/water/food/other goods I use, how much waste I produce, my ecological footprint, because I monitor it. I have reduced my consumption massively over the last 2 years. For eg, Australian average electricity consumption - 18kWh/day, me 7 and falling. Total greenhouse gases - about 5T/yr vs 27T/yr (a shameful figure) for Australian average, or 21t/yr US average.

When you've monitored your lifestyle and changed your it to do something measurable for the planet, let me know.

samikeyp
03-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Damn, she looks baked in that pic.

whottt
03-11-2008, 09:51 PM
I haven't pissed inside since September of 1996.

ALVAREZ6
03-11-2008, 09:53 PM
I know a Mary Ann thats a huge pothead...actually its Marianne

slayermin
03-11-2008, 09:55 PM

Ahh, I miss the wide open spaces of San Antonio.

marini martini
03-11-2008, 10:31 PM

Me either :toast

Wait, it was Nov 1, 1992.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-12-2008, 12:38 AM

Now THAT is a camel-bladder!

You were just trying to rile me up so I lose concentration with the playoffs coming up, weren't you? Not going to happen. I'm fighting fit and focussed. :ihit

marini martini
03-12-2008, 12:41 AM
So??????????????does that mean you don't piss in your back yard????????????Ever?

Crickey!!!!!!!!!!!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Open air urination is a true wonder. :tu

ShoogarBear
03-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Maybe she was the one actually skippering the Minnow.

slayermin
03-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Maybe she was the one actually skippering the Minnow.

:lmao

http://www.bradyworld.com/cover/minnow.jpg

Ocotillo
03-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Stairway to Gilligans Island (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTCYLbFxTpI&eurl=http://www.attytood.com/)

:smokin