PDA

View Full Version : Cayman Islands - Who's been?

thispego
03-11-2008, 05:28 PM
give some ideas of what to do there. :wakeup

robino2001
03-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Real answer: we hit up Grand Cayman on a cruise - was our favorite stop BY FAR.... we only did the quick touristy stuff though - stingray sandbar was awesome to swim with the stingrays... the turtle refuge/farm with the giant sea turtles was cool... there were a couple real nice golf courses if that's your thing...

Joke answer: get your M.D. from the Caymanian Medical School

whottt
03-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Bitch I already tole you...what, my advice wasn't good enough?

Snorkeling(better to Scooooba)
StingRay City(you have to do this)
Rum Cakes
Conch Fritters(preferably at the Gazebo restaurant on the beach)

Ok so that is kind of limited...

Be sure to take an assload of $$$$, because their currency either is, or is pegged to the British pound...which is the most expensive currency in the world.

I went about 12 years ago and even then the difference in currency was backbreaking...it's much worse now.

thispego
03-11-2008, 05:57 PM
ahaha, yeah i'll do all those things mostly snorkeling and will definitely hit up StingRay city. I was thinking more along the lines of fishing trips and conch collecting. Things like that. I don't know what's legal and what you need permits to do and such.

Robino2001 - I read there or some nice gold courses down there, i'd bring my clubs if i thought anyone I was going with would go with me. lol

whottt
03-11-2008, 06:02 PM
I think you can schedule the fishing trips in the same Marina that takes you to Stingray City...that was where I first got the idea about doing fishing trips.

In fact...some of those boat guys that take you to Stingray City probably have boats that do fishing trips as well(but you will probably pay lotsa $$$ for it if you get them to do it).

thispego
03-11-2008, 06:05 PM
i know... which is why I was hoping that there was some way to do the fishing without a guide.

whottt
03-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Ahh...boat rental? Yeah they have that there...might actually be more expensive though. I'm not sure.

Kori Ellis
03-11-2008, 06:57 PM
You don't need to go all the way to the Caymans just to hide your money. You can wire it :nerd

thispego
03-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Ahh...boat rental? Yeah they have that there...might actually be more expensive though. I'm not sure.
well, i was thinking more along the lines of wade fishing or spear fishing. renting a pole or spear-gun or something. I don't need to to deep-sea or anything, even though that's where the big fish are.

thispego
03-11-2008, 07:26 PM
You don't need to go all the way to the Caymans just to hide your money. You can wire it :nerd
after i'm done with Cayman I wont have any money left to hide :lol

Kori Ellis
03-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh and I'd go deep sea fishing. It's expensive but fun. I have never been to the Caymans but I went deep sea fishing in Costa Rica. And after I was done throwing up, it was fun. I caught (and released) a 90-pound sailfish.

thispego
03-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Oh and I'd go deep sea fishing. It's expensive but fun. I have never been to the Caymans but I went deep sea fishing in Costa Rica. And after I was done throwing up, it was fun. I caught (and released) a 90-pound sailfish.
haha, yeah i went in Cozumel one time with a major hangover. felt like crap for the first couple of hours with all the rocking but i recovered and ended up catching a couple mahi-mahi

Cant_Be_Faded
03-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Whotttt, the cayman islands dollar is equal to 1.25 us dollars, not pegged to the pound.

thispego
03-11-2008, 09:57 PM
yeah Whottt! dummy

T Park
03-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Deep Sea fishing.

Relaxing on the beach.

eating great sea food.

Sleeping in and staying up late.

Pretty much the recipe for any perfect trip down the isles.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Do they have bathhouses?

Nooo...not the kind you're thinking of....

sexual ones.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-11-2008, 10:48 PM
ahaha, yeah i'll do all those things mostly snorkeling and will definitely hit up StingRay city.

I dunno brah, what if you pull a Steve Erwin.

I'm going to get drunk, so drunk, i'll make it a point to get kicked out of at LEAST one place per night.

whottt
03-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Whotttt, the cayman islands dollar is equal to 1.25 us dollars, not pegged to the pound.

No shit?

Hmm...I could have sworn it was pounds.

Ok so I'm no expert on carribean currency...nontheless...I know when my wallet is getting an abnormally brutal asskicking, and let me tell you buddy, when I went there it was the most brutal asskicking my wallet has ever taken.

Forget about exchange rate...Be sure to check with me when you get back and see if you think the only difference between what the dollar buys here and there is .25 per dollar.

And I'm not speaking from a limited perspective either...I went to Jamaica and everything was dirt cheap there.

I never tried any weed from the Caymans though, whereas the Jamaican shit is serious stuff...you'll have to let me know how it is.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-11-2008, 10:52 PM
No shit?

Hmm...I could have sworn it was pounds.

Ok so I'm no expert on carribean currency...nontheless...I know when my wallet is getting an abnormally brutal asskicking, and let me tell you buddy, when I went there it was the most brutal asskicking my wallet has ever taken.

Forget about exchange rate...Be sure to check with me when you get back and see if you think the only difference between what the dollar buys here and there is .25 per dollar.

And I'm not speaking from a limited perspective either...I went to Jamaica and everything was dirt cheap there.

I never tried any weed from the Caymans though, whereas the Jamaican shit is serious stuff...you'll have to let me know how it is.

I'm sure the exchange rate has less to do with the brutal ass kicking compared to the overall high cost of things due to them being imported. I just read somewhere a case of beer is 35 (cayman) bones.

whottt
03-11-2008, 10:59 PM

Dude...if you don't go check out Stingray City you'll regret it. It is badass.

The Stinrays are cool...you feed them and it's like a vacum cleaner...they hover over your hands just suck the food out of your hands...and then they swim up beside you and graze you with thier wings...it feels cool as shit. Plus you can go down below the water a little bit and they'll hang out with you.

Stingrays = Cool

Trust me on this...that is badass and something you have to do if you go to Grand Cayman. You'll remember it for the rest of your life.

That and Scuba are the absolute best thing to do in the Caymans IME.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Whottt you've been everywhere haven't you

this is only the second time i've ever left the us of a

whottt
03-11-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm sure the exchange rate has less to do with the brutal ass kicking compared to the overall high cost of things due to them being imported. I just read somewhere a case of beer is 35 (cayman) bones.

Yeah...it's not like exchanging the dollar for the Cayman currency saves you money...forget all about the financial jargon. Cost of living...that's what we are talking about here.

I am strill trying to figure out why I thought their currency was interchangeable with and pegged to the British Pound though...someone there told me that. Made sense too since they were once part of the British Empire(hell they might still be).

whottt
03-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Whottt you've been everywhere haven't you

this is only the second time i've ever left the us of a

No I really haven't been to a lot of places...but this is one of them I've been too.

On my honeymoon in fact.

Other places outside of the US:

Jamaica(2)
Cozumel(and Mexico)
Canada
Russia
Hong Kong

I did all that after the age you are now though...don't worry, you'll get there.

IF you guys like it we need to get something together to go to Jamaica sometime and catch some Reggae Festivals...you can plan a trip including airfare and hotel for like $500 in March.

Mr Dio
03-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Go to HELL!

marini martini
03-11-2008, 11:43 PM
^^^^ Yep, it was pretty darn hot when I was there in the middle of winter, '05

:lmao :lmao :lmao

PixelPusher
03-12-2008, 12:13 AM
give some ideas of what to do there. :wakeup
Go to hell. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Grand_Cayman)

EDIT: Dammit to hell, Mr. Dio beat me to it.

thispego
03-12-2008, 10:48 AM
damn that looks pretty crazy. So should we rob a bank before we go? I have limited cashflow

thispego
03-12-2008, 10:51 AM

I'm going to get drunk, so drunk, i'll make it a point to get kicked out of at LEAST one place per night.
so drunk you'll ruin the wedding?