PDA

View Full Version : Raptors played the Lakers tough...

crc21209
03-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Raptors lost the game 117-108 but led thru the 2nd quarter....WITHOUT Chris Bosh. Rasho and Ford put up good #'s. The LA interior defense didnt look so great, better hope Bynum comes back. And also Kobe played 47 minutes! Are you kidding me? Playin the whole game against an Eastern Conference team without their best player, was that really needed? The Lakers are human after all....

TampaDude
03-11-2008, 11:58 PM
I watched the game on FSN, and I must say that the Lakers' announcers (Joel Myers and Stu Lantz) were the most UNBIASED ones I have heard in a long time...they were fair and factual, without any homerism. They were a pleasure to listen to. Good job, guys!

DazedAndConfused
03-12-2008, 12:03 AM
The Lakers are not looking good at all IMHO. Something has happened in the last 5 games, and our defense has gotten progressively worse. Whether it's guys saving their energy for the playoffs or teams figuring out how to attack us better I don't know. We have a bad habit of playing to the level of our competition and tonight we should have blown these Raptors out of the water. Instead we let them hang around all game and had to out-offense our way to a win.

It's an overall lack of effort. Nobody is closing out on shooters, boxing out for rebounds, or making the the hustle plays. We look more like the PHX Suns now. If Bynum and Ariza can't make it back healthy I really question how far our team can go this season with defense as poor as this.

Medvedenko
03-12-2008, 12:13 AM
It's the raptors.....but yes they have left their foot off the gas lately. The destroyed the Clipps last friday and then had a let down vs the Kings. From now on every team will play the Lakers tough...that's what happens when you're at the top. Ask the Spurs.

Banzai
03-12-2008, 12:14 AM
I watched the game on FSN, and I must say that the Lakers' announcers (Joel Myers and Stu Lantz) were the most UNBIASED ones I have heard in a long time...they were fair and factual, without any homerism. They were a pleasure to listen to. Good job, guys!
Glad you enjoyed the game and the announcers! :toast ....I'm REALLY worried about NO and Houston :(

Matchman
03-12-2008, 12:15 AM

Mike Breen and Walt Clyde Frazier are unbiased too

crc21209
03-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Sorry H-Town I usually support ya'll but I hope LA stops that damn streak if it already hasnt been stopped by Sunday. lol.

DazedAndConfused
03-12-2008, 12:27 AM
I was shocked and appalled at teams like HOU and BOS whose announcers seem like nothing more than drunken fans. I'm glad our organization has always been classy in this regard.

JamStone
03-12-2008, 12:30 AM
A lot of good teams let off the gas against lesser teams or when teams don't have their best players. Long as they still got the win, don't see a problem with it.

DazedAndConfused
03-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Now that I think about it even the 3-peat Laker squad used to do this all the time. The difference is they had the rings to back it up. Our team is still unproven, I don't like to see that attitude developing.

Medvedenko
03-12-2008, 12:33 AM
A lot of good teams let off the gas against lesser teams or when teams don't have their best players. Long as they still got the win, don't see a problem with it.

Yup, happens all of the time, a little less focus and sometimes teams like this bit you in the ass. I remember when the Lakers last played the Raps in the T dot and destroyed them. The Lakers had like 8 players dressed and was the day Pau came over (didn't play) and we took it to them and yes the Raps had everyone healthy. Games like this happen all of the time.

Allanon
03-12-2008, 06:03 AM
The Lakers have been in a funk of late though. The Raptors look to be a pretty good team but they're not elite. Well, ok, a funk is an exageration since they're 8-2 in the last 10. But they're not walking all over these scrub teams like they were during February.

I'm guessing they're probably bored, waiting for this roadtrip that has some real challenge (NO, HOU, MAVS, UTAH). I for one am tired of them beating up on the Clippers and R

I also think they're bummed out that Bynum is behind schedule...he would have been some major reinforcement for this road trip.

I think they'll kick it up a notch in the next 4 games.

ploto
03-12-2008, 08:08 AM
I was just commenting the previous day on how much I like the Lakers announcers.

Rasho played very well. :clap

Duncanoypi
03-12-2008, 10:19 AM
I think the most bias that I've ever heard was from the Nuggets.....damn, i watched the nuggets-spurs games in mute mode....

ploto
03-12-2008, 12:21 PM
And also Kobe played 47 minutes! Are you kidding me? Playin the whole game against an Eastern Conference team without their best player, was that really needed? The Lakers are human after all....
Recall the Raptors beat the Spurs in SA and the Hornets in New Orleans (when they were leading the WC) and the Celtics in Boston. They are inconsistent but actually quite good when "on."

Sportcamper
03-12-2008, 12:38 PM
The foulest, most childish, trashiest poster on this forum, thinks he has class?

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/CatLaugh.jpg

crc21209
03-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Recall the Raptors beat the Spurs in SA and the Hornets in New Orleans (when they were leading the WC) and the Celtics in Boston. They are inconsistent but actually quite good when "on."

Yeah but ya'll had your best player in Bosh. Did Kobe really have to play 47 minutes to beat the Bosh-less Raptors?

DazedAndConfused
03-12-2008, 01:36 PM
We beat the Raps w/Bosh in TOR without Gasol or Bynum. We blew em out actually. So yes we are capable of beating them at full strength. This team is not committing themselves on the defensive end lately and that is why a lot of these games have been closer than they need to be.

Spuradicator
03-12-2008, 01:38 PM
We beat the Raps w/Bosh in TOR without Gasol or Bynum. We blew em out actually. So yes we are capable of beating them at full strength. This team is not committing themselves on the defensive end lately and that is why a lot of these games have been closer than they need to be.

And that is why the Lakers will fail.

Medvedenko
03-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah but ya'll had your best player in Bosh. Did Kobe really have to play 47 minutes to beat the Bosh-less Raptors?

yes.

BUMP
03-12-2008, 04:19 PM
i found the Raptors record

W TL L
29-20-11

the middle one represents tough losses in case of a tiebreaker.

(kind of a lame joke)