PDA

View Full Version : Nene coming back?!

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-11-2008, 11:58 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/mar/11/nene-return-near/

The Nuggets claimed their free agent moves this season would come in the form of in-house players Chucky Atkins and Nene returning to the lineup. Atkins has been back for three games, and it will soon be known whether Nene again will return to the hardwood this season.

“The gut feeling is this week’s going to be kind of important,” Nuggets coach George Karl said. “We’re hoping to get him on the court some this week, touching the basketball and playing the basketball a little bit. I don’t know how much physical contact we’ll do, but we’re moving him toward playing basketball as quick as he possibly can.”

Nene sat on the Nuggets bench during Friday’s home win against San Antonio, but has not practiced with the team since taking leave Jan. 11 after being diagnosed with a testicular tumor, which he later was successfully treated for.

Karl said he could not guess the likelihood of Nene’s return, saying only that he remained “hopeful.”

SMITH EARNING TIME

Karl claims J.R. Smith has carved his way back into the Nuggets rotation by playing better defense. The coach admitted, though, that Smith’s unpredictability and seemingly unconscious decisions to shoot, aspects that have been maddening enough to bench the fourth-year pro in the past, also contain a positive side.

Smith’s recent penchant for going on instant perimeter-shooting sprees off the bench has left teams at loss for how to defend a player who seemingly is willing to shoot from anywhere inside 27 feet at any time. As more regular minutes have come, Smith, averaging 17.6 points over the past 14 games, has begun to mix up his threes with drives.

“Offensively, he’s been very good at getting to the rim, getting to the foul line, which is important to us,” Karl said. “And his three-ball is going in at times at a crazy level, a crazy-high intensity.”

NUMBERS GAME

51 three-pointers made by Smith in the past 14 games, an average of 3.64 a contest. Peja Stojakovic of New Orleans leads the NBA with 2.98 makes per game for the season.

:smokin Another big body to throw at Duncan/Bynum/West etc

GK has been so quiet on Nene coming back but it sounds like he will be playing soon enough :clap

Indazone
03-12-2008, 01:34 AM
I heard he was coming back but stopped cause he couldn't find his ball.

ratm1221
03-12-2008, 09:56 AM
I heard he was coming back but stopped cause he couldn't find his ball.

Congratulations! You are now going to get cancer in your nuts!

MajorMike
03-12-2008, 10:50 AM
You guys are nuts

monosylab1k
03-12-2008, 11:23 AM
I'd give my left nut to have a guy like Nene on the Mavericks.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Part of the physical before he returns will include making sure the treatment didn't cause any nerve damage to the area. To check the sensitivity they are going to give him a test tickle.

Indazone
03-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Nene said he was mad at everyone saying that he sucked just cause he dropped the ball.

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-12-2008, 11:13 PM
man i will laugh so hard if Tmac injures his back again. :smokin

Indazone
03-12-2008, 11:25 PM
If you are offended by testicular jokes then you gotta be nuts!

Indazone
03-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Nene was at the store and wanted to buy an bird for one stone. The clerk gave Nene a bluebird. Nene took the bird home and it fell dead "clunk". So Nene went back and asked for a replacement. The clerk said he didn't have one and gave him a new yellowbird. The bird chirped all day and all night and Nene got really mad and threw the bird against the wall and went to bed. The next day he woke up to loud chirping and the yellowbird was having a ball dancing and chirping around his head.

Moral of the Story?

You can't kill two birds with one stone!