PDA

View Full Version : How does LA keep retaking the conference without ever losing it?

batboy
03-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Checking the news around the league daily, I am amazed to find that the Lakers have managed, triumphantly and to much fanfare, to "retake" the conference a few times, despite the fact that there is no mention in the media that they ever lost it. I can only conclude that they are challenging themselves for the top spot.

We are truly entering a new era of Lakers dominance when they can have a rivalry all by themselves.

ratm1221
03-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Nice Spurs thread.?

hater
03-12-2008, 10:01 AM
so what? remember last year all the talk about mavs winning 70+ games, going undefeated, etc?
the year before the Pistons "regular season dominance, 4 allstars..."

look how all that turned out LMAO

this lakers crap is the same tune, it will have the same premature ending

batboy
03-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Nice Spurs thread.?

This is spurs related, and I thought it might interest folks that primarily post in this forum, and the better laker fans. NBA is a freaking mess lately anyway.

ratm1221
03-12-2008, 10:21 AM
so what? remember last year all the talk about mavs winning 70+ games, going undefeated, etc?
the year before the Pistons "regular season dominance, 4 allstars..."

look how all that turned out LMAO

this lakers crap is the same tune, it will have the same premature ending

Talk of the Mavs going undefeated last year when they dropped their first several games of the season. Cool. Guess I don't remember that. :reading

hater
03-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Talk of the Mavs going undefeated last year when they dropped their first several games of the season. Cool. Guess I don't remember that. :reading

I remember very well dumb mav fans were talking about going undefeated for 2nd half of season

Herschel Walker
03-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Checking the news around the league daily, I am amazed to find that the Lakers have managed, triumphantly and to much fanfare, to "retake" the conference a few times, despite the fact that there is no mention in the media that they ever lost it. I can only conclude that they are challenging themselves for the top spot.

We are truly entering a new era of Lakers dominance when they can have a rivalry all by themselves.
What? The Spurs were in the 1 spot for a while until the 2 game slide, and even now its a 1/2 game

SAGambler
03-12-2008, 10:50 AM
It's the Stern dream. A Laker vs Laker Finals, after the Lakers have demolished the Lakers 4 - 0 in every playoff series. Finals go 4-3 with the Lakers winning.

michaelwcho
03-12-2008, 11:40 AM
I still get nightmares about the Pistons from 05. To me, they are the boogeyman...

I have images of long light brown arms reaching for miles, swatting Timmie's postups , hands scratching and clawing and fouling but never getting called, balls popping loose, Spurs going for ten minute stretches without field goals...

batboy
03-12-2008, 11:59 AM
What? The Spurs were in the 1 spot for a while until the 2 game slide, and even now its a 1/2 game

The who?

san antonio spurs
03-12-2008, 12:00 PM
I still get nightmares about the Pistons from 05. To me, they are the boogeyman...

I have images of long light brown arms reaching for miles, swatting Timmie's postups , hands scratching and clawing and fouling but never getting called, balls popping loose, Spurs going for ten minute stretches without field goals...

It seems to happen for he spurs every now and then. Remember against denver game 1 in 2005? the whole 4th qtr without a FG. :lol

hater
03-12-2008, 12:29 PM

huh, this is happening to Spurs in the regular season these days, against any team

ShoogarBear
03-12-2008, 03:32 PM

We are truly entering a new era of Lakers dominance when they can have a rivalry all by themselves.:lol, I finally get to post one of these . . .

http://www.forumspile.com/Misc-I_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

LakeShow
03-12-2008, 04:46 PM

:lol

I have to say that I have never seen the Media overhype the lakers this much before. The NBA and the Networks must have been really hurting without the LAkers being competitive. All is well, the Lakers are here to save the NBA!

sribb43
03-12-2008, 04:49 PM
anyone else noticed how Kobe and the Lakers played up his injured pinky and how it needed surgery. Now everyone thinks Kobe is so brave playing with it and leading the Lakers to victory, its just sickening...ya Kobe, the pinky really looks like it bothering you

JamStone
03-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Why do any Spurs fans care?

DazedAndConfused
03-12-2008, 05:36 PM
I think you guys should start another thread about Bynum's torn ACL