PDA

View Full Version : The big three need help!

Roundrockers
03-12-2008, 09:33 PM
At this point Im ready for one last charge with this team and blow up the role players at the end of the year, championship or not. The role players on this team just have to weak a game on offense and cant create a shot to save their life. I hope they get it together but Bruce, Ime, Rob, Oberto, Vaughn, Stoudamire, Bonner, and Finley are just not getting it done and have been very disapointing this year!

Obstructed_View
03-12-2008, 09:35 PM
1 attempt in the paint in the entire 4th quarter. That's not championship basketball. That barely qualifies as trying.

Nikos
03-12-2008, 09:36 PM
At one point Duncan was the ONLY consistent offensive option (ala 2002). Yet the defense made up the difference. With Bowen still great on D, Manu as good as ever on O, and Tony still solid are they struggling on BOTH ends (relative to past seasons)?

tav1
03-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Games like this are easy to overreact to, but this is the second time we've been blown out by the Hornets this year. Yikes.

I think it's obvious the Spurs need to overhaul their team, but most of the big changes can't come until 2010. In the meantime, I'm really starting to think that Ron Artest might be our best option this offseason. Right now, though, I'm very concerned they fight as hard as possible for the #1 seed, something that didn't matter in the past. Why? Avoiding 4 games in LA in the WCF and avoiding NO in the second round.

And Houston. Wow.

Russ
03-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Whattaya mean --- the rest of the team had 16 points.

Roundrockers
03-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Im not just reacting to this bad game, its been bad for a while, maybe some of the guys are realy getting to old. Finley and Horry look realy bad out there and Ime isnt as good a shooter as I thought he was, at least not yet. Lets hope Brent can bring some scoring off the bench!

Obstructed_View
03-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Lets hope Brent can bring some scoring off the bench!

Yeah, because the one thing the Spurs need after this game is MORE JUMPERS!

Budkin
03-12-2008, 09:53 PM
lmao doesn't matter the spurs have zero chance to win the title for the next few years now that kobe has gasol buynum and odom man that is a dream right their :) we are going to take the next 7 championships us and the suns are the best teams now and we actuall yahve real fans

Another 12 year old Laker troll comes to SpursTalk. :lol

urunobili
03-12-2008, 09:55 PM
TP was the only player to hit a three? WTF?

Obstructed_View
03-12-2008, 10:00 PM
TP was the only player to hit a three? WTF?
What's more disturbing is that he attempted three of them.

WalterBenitez
03-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Big 3 need help bc 2 of them are getting old and the rest i becoming silly, no way ... for sth in the system is making noise, everyone sudenly find out how to kick us.

Obstructed_View
03-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Time to drink a glass of water and hit the hay, Walter. :)

The Franchise
03-12-2008, 10:54 PM
They need to look into aquiring some young legs this summer. The supporting cast is just getting to old.

WildcardManu
03-12-2008, 10:55 PM
lmao doesn't matter the spurs have zero chance to win the title for the next few years now that kobe has gasol buynum and odom man that is a dream right their :) we are going to take the next 7 championships us and the suns are the best teams now and we actuall yahve real fans

Make up your mind, either Suns or Lakers. You must have really bruised knees too root for two teams.

SouthernFried
03-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Nobody moves out there but the big 3. And when Manu is moving, Tony aint...and vice versa.

Spurs look like they have less offensive movement without the ball than any other team in the NBA. They generally move on Defense, cuz they have to...the other teams move offensively.

I'd love to guard Finley, or Ime, or any of the others. Listen to some Itunes, have a cold beverage...and just wait until they actually hit a shot to start playing some D.

Then again, I'd prolly fall asleep and Bowen would start hitting some corner 3's. Why do you think he's always open on those? His defender has been texting most of the game.

J_Paco
03-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Big 3 need help bc 2 of them are getting old and the rest i becoming silly, no way ... for sth in the system is making noise, everyone sudenly find out how to kick us.

What? Can you please try that, again.

Time to drink a glass of water and hit the hay, Walter.

:lol :lol :lol

Indazone
03-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Spurs got plenty of talent. Just look at what happened when Udrih was released. It's on Pop to develop the young talent and run deeper into his bench to play his guys up to their best capabilities.

T Park
03-12-2008, 11:38 PM
In the meantime, I'm really starting to think that Ron Artest might be our best option this offseason

No thanks.

I as a Spurs fan, refuse to have Ron fucking Artest on this team.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I think I'd rather root for the Mavericks.

Mr. Body
03-13-2008, 12:42 AM
God damn it, Scola better step up.

jag
03-13-2008, 12:51 AM
No thanks.

I as a Spurs fan, refuse to have Ron fucking Artest on this team.

For home games the first 15 rows would be as exciting as ever.

Bruno
03-13-2008, 06:06 AM
It's right now my biggest concern about Spurs. Age seems to catch up a lot of players. The team is still good and can win it all because something is clearly lacking. I think reasons of this lack are :

- Spurs FO has been bad since one year and a half. The have done a poor job at evaluating talent. If you add some quite bad trades and the inability to manage the luxury tax, the resume for Spurs FO since the Rasho trade sucks.

- Pop hasn't been able to develop talent. When Spurs have young players, like Mahinmi this year, they put them on the bench and doesn't even give them a chance to show what they can do. Pop should give these young players a fair chance by putting in the rotation for 5 games before deciding that they aren't ready to help Spurs.

- Pop is sticking too much with some players and forget one of the first rule a coach should apply : "you get the playtime that you deserve." Right now, there is no way that Stoudamire and Horry deserve more playing time than Vaughn and Bonner.

- No Barry. Al Spurs perimeter role players (Stoudamire, Vaughn, Finely, Udoka and Bowen) have somethign in common : they suck on the offensive end. Spurs need a consistent shooter like Barry.

timvp
03-13-2008, 06:10 AM
- Spurs FO has been bad since one year and a half. The have done a poor job at evaluating talent. If you add some quite bad trades and the inability to manage the luxury tax, the resume for Spurs FO since the Rasho trade sucks.Yeah, I have to agree. The Rasho trade was great but since then, it's been pretty ugly. The Kurt Thomas trade could end up looking good but only if the team wins the championship. Anything less than that and Thomas likely won't be brought back and it will look like an expensive rental that altered proven championship chemistry.

There was one trade that was worse than every other move combined ... but I'll hold off naming that one.

:pctoss

timvp
03-13-2008, 06:15 AM
Oh and while I don't think Barry is the missing link that will magically make the Spurs awesome again, his return will definitely help. Now that Finley's defense has regressed and Barry is on a bargain basement contract, Pop will really have no reason not to trust Barry. I just hope Barry is healthy when he returns.

With the way the swingmen are playing, I'd consider going with a three-man rotation at the wings consisting of Bowen, Ginobili and Barry. Finley might have reached the end of his rope and Udoka is playing like the human avalanche ... for the other team.

romain.star
03-13-2008, 06:49 AM
There was one trade that was worse than every other move combined ... but I'll hold off naming that one.

:pctoss

Please ?

InK
03-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Please ?

Scola

Indazone
03-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Please ?

Scola and of course Udrih lol

Phila_Chamerlain
03-13-2008, 10:44 AM
This is just one of those regular season games where we go through hard times. While right now the regular season games mean more than ever it still isn't the playoffs. when the playoffs come around this team will be at full strength, have Barry back, and start to get into that team mindset that they are known for.

This happens every year, there are always a few games when the Spurs play that are horrible and people start to dought how good the team is, but these games will all be forgoten come game 1 of the NBA playoffs.

Unless we play the Hornets.

Mr. Body
03-13-2008, 11:41 AM
- Spurs FO has been bad since one year and a half. The have done a poor job at evaluating talent. If you add some quite bad trades and the inability to manage the luxury tax, the resume for Spurs FO since the Rasho trade sucks.

- Pop hasn't been able to develop talent. When Spurs have young players, like Mahinmi this year, they put them on the bench and doesn't even give them a chance to show what they can do. Pop should give these young players a fair chance by putting in the rotation for 5 games before deciding that they aren't ready to help Spurs.

They didn't even get the full benefit of the Rasho trade, because they resigned one of the cap-saving elements for too long and too much money. Who really thought we'd use Bonner, that he'd effectively mop up minutes, much less replace Horry?

But that aside, I agree. They have been poor. At the end of dynastic runs, it gets much harder to keep good role players on the floor, because you're primarily depending on older vets. Plus you have dwindling assets, low draft picks, etc. When LA got killed by us in 2003, they were only able to keep it together one more year with a miracle infusion of Gary Payton and Karl Malone.

What really kills is not that they traded Scola and Udrih away. It's easy to believe they wouldn't have helped the team much; certainly Udrih was done, although Scola would be very nice about now. What kills is that they got absolutely nothing for them. You don't think Chicago wouldn't turn back the clock about now and trade for him? You don't think other teams wouldn't trade more than nothing for Udrih about now? So why didn't Buford/Pop do anything to convince teams of their talents earlier?

And the second point above counts... Mahinmi should be getting playing time about now. Energy is a premium, at least in spurts, as much as experience. Instead they decided to commit his full season to Austin.

All is not lost, but the fruits of bad offseasons are now apparent. They harvested very little in the summer of '06, and we thought they'd do some nifty moves this last summer, but nothing. Meanwhile our bench decays.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Scola
Way to open up old wounds...:depressed

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Lebron or D Wade hopefully the following year