PDA

View Full Version : Guess Who's Back?

Findog
03-12-2008, 10:04 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1413/589299183_8ca5f8298c_o.jpg

Findog
03-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Anyone care to comment on the Mavs adding an All-Star to their roster?

monosylab1k
03-12-2008, 10:16 PM
We got Tim Thomas! Sweet!

monosylab1k
oh wait.

monosylab1k
n/m

Findog
03-12-2008, 10:17 PM
We got Tim Thomas! Sweet!

:lmao

He can blow kisses to Dirk from our bench.

Findog
03-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Perhaps it is worth looking in to having TT come to our playoff games and blow Dirk kisses to fire him up. Maybe we would've beaten the Warriors if Stephen Jackson had pulled that shit.

monosylab1k
03-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Tim Thomas is another one of those massive wasted talents in the NBA. I've always loved his game. If he would have given more than a half-ass effort his entire career, he would have been a perennial all-star.

But Josh Howard returning to form is very relieving.

Findog
03-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Tim Thomas is another one of those massive wasted talents in the NBA. I've always loved his game. If he would have given more than a half-ass effort his entire career, he would have been a perennial all-star.

But Josh Howard returning to form is very relieving.

He should never have left Phoenix. Dude already had more money than he ever needed. Staying in the desert would've completely resurrected his career.

Now that we have Josh back, we can go from "first-round fodder" to "darkhorse team that nobody should want to play in the playoffs."

Nothing was more annoying than being in position to win those three games on the road against the Spurs, Lakers and Jazz, and having to hear that the Kidd trade was a HUGE mistake. Seriously, I would've done better than Josh.

Dirkgreatness
03-12-2008, 10:21 PM
24 points 7 rebounds and 6 assist.

Findog
03-12-2008, 10:28 PM
He had the best +/- of any player tonight.

Obstructed_View
03-12-2008, 10:35 PM
I only watched the first quarter (because Charlotte is just that bad) but Josh sure looked like he's out of whatever funk he's been in and is feeling better. Can't wait to see if he can keep it up when the Mavs play somebody good.

Findog
03-12-2008, 10:37 PM
I only watched the first quarter (because Charlotte is just that bad) but Josh sure looked like he's out of whatever funk he's been in and is feeling better. Can't wait to see if he can keep it up when the Mavs play somebody good.

Agreed. The only cautious optimism I can take from these past three games is that they didn't just beat the three cupcakes on their schedule, they completely blew them out. You can't really prove anything going up against the dregs of the league.

Obstructed_View
03-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Agreed. The only cautious optimism I can take from these past three games is that they didn't just beat the three cupcakes on their schedule, they completely blew them out. You can't really prove anything going up against the dregs of the league.
But Josh is really showing signs of life, which is a big big deal. Dirk's been carrying them for the last two months with his aggression, and Dampier has been playing like he's in a contract year since Diop left. They could be ready to go on a run just in time for the playoffs.

Findog
03-12-2008, 10:44 PM
But Josh is really showing signs of life, which is a big big deal. Dirk's been carrying them for the last two months with his aggression, and Dampier has been playing like he's in a contract year since Diop left. They could be ready to go on a run just in time for the playoffs.

I still feel like our undoing will be perimeter defense, but Dampier looking semi-competent on the offensive end of the floor is very encouraging. We don't have that dominant low-post scorer, so points in the paint for us has to be by committee.

Obstructed_View
03-12-2008, 10:47 PM
The Mavs have 4 guys that can post up on the floor at any given time, so there's always a matchup to exploit.

Findog
03-12-2008, 10:51 PM
And Avery has finally gone with Stackhouse starting at the two, giving us size and scoring there for the first time all year. He's at the stage of his career like Robert Horry where you have to conserve his minutes if you want to get anything out of him in the playoffs.

The other promising development is that Malik Allen and Antoine Wright have played solid since they got here, and I don't think anybody really counted on them for anything. On the other hand, Jamaal Magloire is completely done. He looks terrible.