PDA

View Full Version : Bowen on CP3

SouthernFried
03-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Brightest part of the game (well, mebbe only bright part)...was what Bowen did to CP3 when he switched to guarding him. Denying him not only the ball, but the ability to move around anywhere on the court. A body on him at all times.

Some of the best D I've seen is when people start bodying a player as soon as they get over half court...even if they don't have the ball. They can't even see where to move to on the court with a guy in their jersey. Getting under their skin from the moment you start defending them. You don't have to foul them (and that first foul called on Bowen was not a foul, it was great denial defense), you just never ever leave them alone. This is why everyone hates Bowen. Not because he's cheap, but because he's a fucking pain in the ass from the moment you cross half court.

And why most people are unwilling to play that type of D. People hate you for it.

Bowen has never been a cheap or dirty player...he's just a royal pain in the ass. Nobody in the NBA's a bigger PIA than Bruce Bowen.

Be interesting to see what Paul's scoring numbers were before Bowen got in his face...and after.

SenorSpur
03-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Even with Bowen's stellar effort, West killed the Spurs from everywhere on the court - AGAIN!

SouthernFried
03-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Yeah...but, before Bowen got on Paul, Paul was doing it.

You could say Bowen was responsible for West's great game.

That would involve a little stretch...but, what the hell.

san antonio spurs
03-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Even with Bowen's stellar effort, West killed the Spurs from everywhere on the court - AGAIN!
That one was on Pop. Why put Horry on him for extended minutes when he's getting killed?
West is good, he needs to be well scouted and well planned by the spurs. Most of the times, it was like they didn't know what he could or wanted to do.

ploto
03-12-2008, 11:42 PM
And here I thought you were referring to when Bowen kicked Chris Paul on the ground...

jag
03-13-2008, 12:37 AM
I felt really good watching Bowen on Paul. If we meet these guys in the postseason I think Pop can come up with some schemes to "contain" West...so this is a bright spot.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2008, 01:01 AM
And here I thought you were referring to when Bowen kicked Chris Paul on the ground...

Oh that was very mutual.

But to address the thread, Bowen did a good job on CP3 but that was way too late. It's a hard decision for Pop. Maybe next time Manu should try to guard Peja and let Bruce take Paul from the start.

atxrocker
03-13-2008, 03:16 AM
bowen is all class!!

Duncanoypi
03-13-2008, 03:21 AM
thanks Ron!

Princess Pimp
03-13-2008, 03:23 AM
Brightest part of the game (well, mebbe only bright part)...was what Bowen did to CP3 when he switched to guarding him. Denying him not only the ball, but the ability to move around anywhere on the court. A body on him at all times.

Some of the best D I've seen is when people start bodying a player as soon as they get over half court...even if they don't have the ball. They can't even see where to move to on the court with a guy in their jersey. Getting under their skin from the moment you start defending them. You don't have to foul them (and that first foul called on Bowen was not a foul, it was great denial defense), you just never ever leave them alone. This is why everyone hates Bowen. Not because he's cheap, but because he's a fucking pain in the ass from the moment you cross half court.

And why most people are unwilling to play that type of D. People hate you for it.

Bowen has never been a cheap or dirty player...he's just a royal pain in the ass. Nobody in the NBA's a bigger PIA than Bruce Bowen.

Be interesting to see what Paul's scoring numbers were before Bowen got in his face...and after.

Last time I checked Paul score 26 points and handed out 17 asssits, hardly anything that Bowen couldn't prevent...

Duncanoypi
03-13-2008, 03:25 AM
^so, you also figured it out in the boxscore that parker guarded him in the most part of the game?...give me the link of that boxscore....thanks!

Princess Pimp
03-13-2008, 03:31 AM
^so, you also figured it out in the boxscore that parker guarded him in the most part of the game?...give me the link of that boxscore....thanks!

So who was Bowen guarding?

Or is it that Parker is not a good defensive player?

Stop your "Bowen stops the best opposing player" because he doesn't!!!

People here are just overrating Bowen.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2008, 03:33 AM
So who was Bowen guarding?

Or is it that Parker is not a good defensive player?

Stop your "Bowen stops the best opposing player" because he doesn't!!!

People here are just overrating Bowen.

I thought you watched the game. Bowen was guarding Peja til late in the 3rd.

bobbyjoe
03-13-2008, 03:40 AM
Chris Paul is unguardable. Period. The guy is sick and if you think Bruce Bowen will slow him down significantly, forget about it.

How awesome is Paul? He may well be better than Kobe or Lebron, or at least more valuable to his team.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2008, 03:42 AM
Chris Paul is unguardable. Period. The guy is sick and if you think Bruce Bowen will slow him down significantly, forget about it.

How awesome is Paul? He may well be better than Kobe or Lebron, or at least more valuable to his team.

He's playing awesome right now. I would vote for him for MVP but he won't get it. People confuse "best stats" for "MVP," so I'm guessing it will go to LeBron.

bobbyjoe
03-13-2008, 03:49 AM
I agree with you that Lebron will get it.

But leading the Hornets roster to 53-55 wins out West vs. Lebron's gaudy stats but lower win total in an inferior conference?

I would say Paul's achievement is superior. The Hornets roster is not THAT much better than the Cavs weak supporting cast.

Paul's also really starting to seem like a big game player who brings his A game against the best comp. He's absolutely torched Dallas, Utah, Houston, and SA in the last 4 weeks.

Princess Pimp
03-13-2008, 03:49 AM
I thought you watched the game. Bowen was guarding Peja til late in the 3rd. Late in the third???

Peja wasn't even a factor why popovich didn't put him on Paul or West, both killing the Spurs...??

Sometimes I don't understand why people even consider Pop better than Phil Jackson.. :lol

ChumpDumper
03-13-2008, 03:50 AM
I didn't watch the game :lol

Princess Pimp
03-13-2008, 03:53 AM
To be honest I didn't...

Was it really necessary? :lol

bobbyjoe
03-13-2008, 03:54 AM
Late in the third???

Peja wasn't even a factor why popovich didn't put him on Paul or West, both killing the Spurs...??

Sometimes I don't understand why people even consider Pop better than Phil Jackson.. :lol

Greg Popovich is one helluva Coach. Right up there with the best of em.

Bowen on West is a comical suggestion. Bowen locks down Peja.

When it comes to Chris Paul, it's actually your collective team defense that's the most important thing. He's not just ISOing one on one out there. It's about rotations, help defense, playing the passing lanes. Same deal with Steve Nash. Whoever you put on him individually isnt the be all end all of defensive success against him.

Princess Pimp
03-13-2008, 04:01 AM
Greg Popovich is one helluva Coach. Right up there with the best of em.

Bowen on West is a comical suggestion. Bowen locks down Peja.

When it comes to Chris Paul, it's actually your collective team defense that's the most important thing. He's not just ISOing one on one out there. It's about rotations, help defense, playing the passing lanes. Same deal with Steve Nash. Whoever you put on him individually isnt the be all end all of defensive success against him.

According to Spurs fans Bowen shuts down the best opposing player no matter what position they play :lol

Some even suggested he is the Nowitzki stopper!!! :lol

bobbyjoe
03-13-2008, 04:05 AM
Nowitzki CAN be guarded by smaller players. Hell, Parker guards him well at times when SA switches on PnR.

He's not physical and doesnt have a post game.

Now, David West? He loves to shoot 15-18 foot jumpers (and freaking drains a sick % of them) but if you put a smaller guy on him he absolutely has the ability to post them up and make you pay. He has a power game. Bowen on him would really be crazy.

Bruce is a versatile defender. He can guard PGs, 2's, and 3's. But he can be powered by bigger players (see Artest and Wells in 2006 playoffs). He cant guard true PF's.

urunobili
03-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Nowitzki CAN be guarded by smaller players. Hell, Parker guards him well at times when SA switches on PnR. Bruno humiliated me publicly when i made this same statement...

i don;t think we have a player to guard West appropriately BUT... i believe that if we meet this team on the playoffs.. Wets won;t be hitting every J as he did tonight....

stretch
03-13-2008, 08:24 AM
The Hornets roster is not THAT much better than the Cavs weak supporting cast.
Umm... what?

stretch
03-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Nowitzki CAN be guarded by smaller players. Hell, Parker guards him well at times when SA switches on PnR.

wow... :drunk

cjjr72984
03-13-2008, 10:39 AM
The Hornets roster is not THAT much better than the Cavs weak supporting cast.

:lol You're kidding me right....

Besides Lebron, there's not one Cavs starter that averages more than 14 points. The Hornets have three starters (CP3, D.West and Peja) that average 19+ pts. That's a big difference....

Besides, Hornets have a better bench with Bonzi, Pargo, Mike James, Julian Wright, and Hilton Armstrong.

CP3 has a MUCH better supporting cast. He's still the MVP if it wasn't for Kobe and Lebron.