PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it's time for the spurs to change thier game

ginobili fan
03-13-2008, 03:42 AM
I 'm so tired seeing the fucking same rotation, ball movement, no run, no assist by tp...
the only thing they're actually doing in key moment are:
1: give the ball to TD and watch but he isn't as dominant as he was in 2003
2: give the ball to ginobili and watch but sometimes he loses his mind too...

Where's the defense?
Where's the Real Spurs Bball?

there are 18 games left it's nothing...
I prefer them playing like crazy suns or golden state because they cannot defend anymore...

Princess Pimp
03-13-2008, 04:06 AM
I 'm so tired seeing the fucking same rotation, ball movement, no run, no assist by tp...

Where's the defense?

I prefer them playing like crazy suns or golden state because they cannot defend anymore...

Predictable Spurs basketball what do you expect?

ginobili fan
03-13-2008, 04:08 AM
Predictable Spurs basketball what do you expect?

I just expect the same thing that happened in 2007...

Princess Pimp
03-13-2008, 04:13 AM

If you are waiting for that to happen you better grab a chair and sit down because is going to be a long wait, a wait that would never happen again.

cly2tw
03-13-2008, 04:14 AM

Then, don't understand what you really want? Spurs' ball has always been predictable. They excel at execution, plus the refs would be lightly leaning on their side in the playoffs. Can they even play differently with the roster they have? You should use your advantage. NO won't go far in the playoffs as they lack experience.

Korny Earl
03-13-2008, 04:18 AM
their game started with robinson, & since then not only has won 4 championships but has spawned off people in positions who have learned from it. its not getting worn out. just routine, in a manner of speaking. their only 1 game back from the #1.... ill knock on wood later but, its not like we have shaq on the team....

BonnerDynasty
03-13-2008, 07:48 AM

Where's the defense?

Don't forget that "look like complete fools on offense, let the clock get down to 3 seconds, pass to Finley, and let him take his Finley Patented jump shot with his man right in his face, only to have the shot miss" play the Spurs have become so great at.

urunobili
03-13-2008, 08:21 AM
If you are waiting for that to happen you better grab a chair and sit down because is going to be a long wait, a wait that would never happen again.i love when trolls like this spend all their time on our boards.. it really means how important we are for him.. the more time you spend here.. the bigger and better you make us! truly... and 4real... thanks mate! keep it coming!
:toast

ancestron
03-13-2008, 08:38 AM
putting the ball through the freakin hoop is the only change that needs to be made.

Indazone
03-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Dammit, I wanna see the renewel of the twin towers. Put Thomas out there with Duncan.

thousandth
03-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Dammit, I wanna see the renewel of the twin towers. Put Thomas out there with Duncan.

That seems to be one of the problems, changes of rotation. The chemistry of the team is being affected. Mike, Udoka, Oberto weren't playing well. On last six games with the new rotation, we lost three. We should return to Rodeo lineup we ended up with a very good record.

Josepatches
03-14-2008, 09:51 AM

Where's the defense?

I don't think that the team give enough the ball to TD.There are a lot shots from outside.
Isn't he as dominant as before? I don't know.He's shooting less because his teammates are better.But big men right now has more problems to score than before.The end of the illegal defense is the key.In the 90's you could find easily 3 or 4 centers between the scoring leaders of the league.Now it's more easy to double team them.In the NBA actual outside players has more chances to score.They have more chances to shoot FT too because they are untouchable and the centers not

travis2
03-14-2008, 09:55 AM
That seems to be one of the problems, changes of rotation. The chemistry of the team is being affected. Mike, Udoka, Oberto weren't playing well. On last six games with the new rotation, we lost three. We should return to Rodeo lineup we ended up with a very good record.

ummmmm...you mean the rotation where Parker was sitting at home and Manu was piling up the minutes?

:bang

loveforthegame
03-14-2008, 10:03 AM
I think he means the Oberto/Duncan/Bowen/Finley/Parker lineup that worked so well. That leaves Thomas/Horry-Bonner/Udoka/Ginobli/Vaughn-Stoudamire-Barry for the 2nd unit.

If Finley's still sucking subsitute Ginobli quickly. Or start Barry once he returns and shows no sign of his injury. Go back to the lineup that was working and make subsitutions as needed.

O-Factor
03-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Then, don't understand what you really want? Spurs' ball has always been predictable. They excel at execution, plus the refs would be lightly leaning on their side in the playoffs. Can they even play differently with the roster they have? You should use your advantage. NO won't go far in the playoffs as they lack experience.

I like how you are already making excuses for the playoffs already :lol

Typical, typical, typical suns fan behavior.

yeah, this team lacks playoff experience :rolleyes

travis2
03-14-2008, 11:56 AM
I think he means the Oberto/Duncan/Bowen/Finley/Parker lineup that worked so well. That leaves Thomas/Horry-Bonner/Udoka/Ginobli/Vaughn-Stoudamire-Barry for the 2nd unit.

If Finley's still sucking subsitute Ginobli quickly. Or start Barry once he returns and shows no sign of his injury. Go back to the lineup that was working and make subsitutions as needed.

Then he should have said so. That lineup was EARLY season. The 6-2 RRT lineup was as I stated.

MrChug
03-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Maybe it's time for the spurs to change thier game

Myabe it's time for yuo tu use splelchekc

jag
03-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Maybe it's time for you to post this redundant garbage in other similar threads.

xtremesteven33
03-14-2008, 01:43 PM
why does pop always dump the young athletic guys who can create thier own shot?

-beno udrih
-antonio daniels
-devin brown
-james white

thats what we need now....ginobili is out of gas....

wildbill2u
03-14-2008, 03:09 PM

Where's the defense?

I'd like to see the team that started the season 17-3 reappear. It had good ball movement, good bench play and good defense. Where did it go?

remingtonbo2001
03-14-2008, 03:14 PM
i love when trolls like this spend all their time on our boards.. it really means how important we are for him.. the more time you spend here.. the bigger and better you make us! truly... and 4real... thanks mate! keep it coming!
:toast

:depressed Where did PrincessPuffs go?

silk
03-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah , this style of play has produced 4 championships , and the big three is still in his prime, but , you're so fucking tired of it , so , of course , the team MUST change this style....

Jayem
03-14-2008, 03:31 PM
i think its a little too late for changes..theres nothing we can do but hope for some drastic miracle. like some opponent injuries or something.

celtics got better...la got better..suns got better..mavs got better... and we just stayed the same. our team just doesn't cut it. and i don't see us getting any better in the future..we're just too old. it hurts me to finally say it but...our reign is over. its was a damn good one too. 4 rings??? some of these teams don't get shyt and we got 4. we'll be remembered as one of the greatest teams ever.

:clap :clap GO SPURS GO FOREVER. :clap :clap

good luck to all those other teams in the hunt for their first title, i hope all of you can experience how great it truly is!

spurschick
03-14-2008, 03:41 PM
If you are waiting for that to happen you better grab a chair and sit down because is going to be a long wait, a wait that would never happen again.

A wait that would never happen again? I've read this three times and I still have no idea what language it's in.

TampaDude
03-14-2008, 03:55 PM
i think its a little too late for changes..theres nothing we can do but hope for some drastic miracle. like some opponent injuries or something.

celtics got better...la got better..suns got better..mavs got better... and we just stayed the same. our team just doesn't cut it. and i don't see us getting any better in the future..we're just too old. it hurts me to finally say it but...our reign is over. its was a damn good one too. 4 rings??? some of these teams don't get shyt and we got 4. we'll be remembered as one of the greatest teams ever.

:clap :clap GO SPURS GO FOREVER. :clap :clap

good luck to all those other teams in the hunt for their first title, i hope all of you can experience how great it truly is!

So...now that you've established that the Spurs will not be winning the title this year, who are you going to root for???

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-14-2008, 05:58 PM
4 Down Forum

Agloco
03-14-2008, 06:04 PM

Where's the defense?

A more appropriate question would be: Wheres the offense? Look closely at the Spurs recent losses and you can plainly see that the offense is whats lacking.

It's the same shit that was going on when we struggled in the playoffs in 2002, 2004, and 2006. Some of these problems should be addressed when Brent comes back.

Indazone
03-14-2008, 06:05 PM
heh ok, you pointed out something very important here.

"It's the same shit that was going on when we struggled in the playoffs in 2002, 2004, and 2006. Some of these problems should be addressed when Brent comes back."

All even years. You guys are toast. LOL

Phantom
03-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Why would the Spurs change their name?

SpursDynasty
03-14-2008, 06:21 PM
heh ok, you pointed out something very important here.

"It's the same shit that was going on when we struggled in the playoffs in 2002, 2004, and 2006. Some of these problems should be addressed when Brent comes back."

All even years. You guys are toast. LOL

2002 we led in the 4th of every game vs. the Lakers
2004 was the year the league wanted the Lakers in the Finals thus allowing 0.4 shot.
2006, refs screwed us.

Like I've said before, a couple of shots here and there, and we're 52-12. There's not much to do about offensive struggling. Some nights your shots will fall and some nights they won't. It's all about defense which is why we've been able to have the same record as a team that supposedly won 20 straight.

Brutalis
03-14-2008, 06:32 PM
http://forums.pepipoo.com/style_emoticons/default/duplicate.jpg

Agloco
03-14-2008, 06:36 PM
2002 we led in the 4th of every game vs. the Lakers
2004 was the year the league wanted the Lakers in the Finals thus allowing 0.4 shot.
2006, refs screwed us.

Like I've said before, a couple of shots here and there, and we're 52-12. There's not much to do about offensive struggling. Some nights your shots will fall and some nights they won't. It's all about defense which is why we've been able to have the same record as a team that supposedly won 20 straight.

To the part in green- And guess what happened in the fourth? Take a close look at how dry the offense went for 5-7 minute stretches. You can also see this in the 2004 series as well.

Red- You put entirely too much pressure on your defense when you throw up bricks all night. Yes it's about strong defense, but you're not winning the championship by scoring 81 against the Nets or scoring 85 against Charlotte etc, etc.

Point differential is the real key, and ours is just under 4 per contest, quite anemic. Having a good point differential demands that you score the ball efficiently as well. The Spurs aren't.

Jayem
03-14-2008, 09:36 PM
we can't beat the celtics, we can't beat the suns, we can't beat the hornets, we just blew it to detriot. its official, we're done. i hope houston can go deep in the playoffs. but i seriously would love to see celtics vs lakers.

rc better make some big moves this off season

duncan228
03-14-2008, 10:49 PM
we can't beat the celtics, we can't beat the suns, we can't beat the hornets, we just blew it to detriot. its official, we're done. i hope houston can go deep in the playoffs. but i seriously would love to see celtics vs lakers.

So you're officially off the wagon?

Supreme_Being
03-14-2008, 11:21 PM
like crazy suns or golden state

Are you aware that neither won any Championships?

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 11:23 PM
why does pop always dump the young athletic guys who can create thier own shot?

-beno udrih
-antonio daniels
-devin brown
-james white

thats what we need now....ginobili is out of gas....

Pop started the young athletic guy who could create his own offense back in 2003.

James White?

J_Paco
03-14-2008, 11:32 PM

I'm sorry, and don't mean to be rude, but the Spurs don't need negative fans like yourself. The team is far from done, since the playoffs haven't even started, plus the Mavs and Suns are far from superior (both own worse records). The team needs our support, not for us to dump on them and give up.

Shit, I just notice that you're already rooting for three other teams!! Fuck that.

ginobili fan
03-15-2008, 03:05 AM
I'd like to see the team that started the season 17-3 reappear. It had good ball movement, good bench play and good defense. Where did it go?

Yeah actually the season start was perfect. I still remember Tp and Manu running the offense with a good, really good ball movement, the game was just perfect...

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtvK71Anuo

SpursDynasty
03-15-2008, 03:08 AM
The Spurs are playing their usual Spurs Defense, but please LEARN HOW TO PUT THE DAMN BALL IN THE BASKET and you're set.