PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Stackhouse: Unintentional Comedy

Findog
03-13-2008, 09:31 AM
I think the whole defensive thing is overrated," Stackhouse said. "You know what I'm saying, trying to start the game with defense. Sometimes, it's just mental.

"It's like Ron Artest or Kobe Bryant or Tracy McGrady. I've gone at those boys so hard. Mentally, they look at me differently probably than anyone else on our team.

"Not that I'm a better defender," Stackhouse continued. "But it's, 'OK, you know, Stack might trip me, so I'm going to shoot this jumper on him instead of drive.' You know what I'm saying? I try to take advantage of some of those things.

"You ain't nothing without your rep."

HAHAHAHA! Stackhouse is the best.

sribb43
03-13-2008, 09:36 AM
ya Kobe really look afraid that Stack was going to trip him, as Kobe drove by without fail against stack a few sundays ago and lite stack up in the 4th

DazedAndConfused
03-13-2008, 09:37 AM
That's funny Stack because Kobe lights your ass up everytime you try to guard him. Maybe next time you should just clothesline him everytime he drives past you.

Findog
03-13-2008, 09:45 AM
stack has got to be one of the more delusional players in the league.

endrity
03-13-2008, 09:48 AM
That's Stack for you! You gotta take good with bad with him. But he has been good in this period starting so I hope he continues.

stretch
03-13-2008, 09:56 AM
I understand what stack is trying to say. Reputation will cause many players to play against certain defenders in a different way. If they are known for being soft, then they will try harder to abuse them. If you are known for being hard-nosed, whether you are truly a good defender or not, many times people will be a little more intimidated.

I don't think he was trying to talk about his defensive ability at all.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Stack's delusions keep him thinking he's bad ass. He needs that to continue to have the courage to play.

RonMexico
03-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Stack is a 4-time MVP and a first ballot Hall-of-Famer... in his own mind.

He probably thinks his jersey should hang from the rafters in Chapel Hill.

monosylab1k
03-13-2008, 10:37 AM
He probably thinks his jersey should hang from the rafters in Chapel Hill.
It probably could. He was effing good in college.

RonMexico
03-13-2008, 10:39 AM
It probably could. He was effing good in college.

Yeah, but it's quotes like this that make everybody hate him.

At least Hansbrough is wide-eyed with excitement everytime he steps on the floor.

monosylab1k
03-13-2008, 10:43 AM
At least Hansbrough is wide-eyed with excitement everytime he steps on the floor.
It's kinda funny to see a guy dominate in college and know with 100% certainty that he'll fail miserably in the NBA.

endrity
03-13-2008, 11:01 AM
It's kinda funny to see a guy dominate in college and know with 100% certainty that he'll fail miserably in the NBA.

And that is why he plays with excitement. His fame is coming to an end. Would Psycho T even be a worthy second round pick? He has absolutely no game whatsoever outside of 2 feet away from the basket.

monosylab1k
03-13-2008, 11:05 AM
And that is why he plays with excitement. His fame is coming to an end. Would Psycho T even be a worthy second round pick? He has absolutely no game whatsoever outside of 2 feet away from the basket.
I don't see any use for Hansbrough in the NBA at all, besides being a Mark Madsen type cheerleader.

His entire game depends on beating up guys less athletic than him. Unfortunately for him, in the NBA there's only like 12 of those, and none of them play.

Indazone
03-13-2008, 11:39 AM
He fits in right next to Eric Dampier, the second best center in the NBA.

Dirk probably thinks he's the MVP hahaha

Shaq clowning on Dampier after a bad game. "I'm playing like Eric Dampier"

monosylab1k
03-13-2008, 11:43 AM

Dirk probably thinks he's the MVP hahaha

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Why do you fucking idiots do that to your own threads?

mattb_25
03-13-2008, 11:51 AM

Scola probably thinks he's the MVP hahaha

That doesn't really make much sense.. Dirk is the MVP for last season and until someone else is crowned the MVP of this season, Dirk is the crown holder..

FIXED>>>>

monosylab1k
03-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Why do you fucking idiots do that to your own threads?
is the Internet Nanny upset about something?

Obstructed_View
03-13-2008, 11:59 AM
is the Internet Nanny upset about something?
Yeah, you actually had an entertaining thread going and you shit all over it, despite being specifically told not to do it by Kori. Seeing the change here recently, I'm starting to realize the reason the Mavericks forums all suck is because they are full of Mavericks fans.

dirk4mvp
03-13-2008, 12:01 PM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :toast

monosylab1k
03-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah, you actually had an entertaining thread going and you shit all over it, despite being specifically told not to do it by Kori. Seeing the change here recently, I'm starting to realize the reason the Mavericks forums all suck is because they are full of Mavericks fans.
Yeah let's not mention the Rockets fan who decided to start needlessly shitting on Dirk & Dampier like they had anything to do with anything in this thread. It was just Mavs fans fucking it up.

Don't worry, now that this thread serves no more purpose, you can just pull your typical bashing of Cuban like he's the spawn of Satan some more. That always makes a thread awesome :tu

Findog
03-13-2008, 12:46 PM
I thought this was Mavs fans poking fun at one of their own, right? And we're the ones with poles up our asses?

Doubt we'll ever see a Spurs fan post a video of Bruce Bowen stomping on a guy's foot, or Suns fans posting a video of Shaq eating, or Rox fans posting a video of TMAC getting all nervous and unsure of himself the closer his team gets to the second round.

Flopper
03-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Both the rockets and the mavericks fans are messing this up.

SpursDynasty
03-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Jerry Stackhouse is an idiot. I can kick his ass.

spurms
03-13-2008, 12:51 PM
i think stackhouse has too much time on his hands, poor boy must be bored to death, to have illusion of grandeur.

monosylab1k
03-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Jerry Stackhouse is an idiot. I can kick his ass.
If this is true, then we can rule out Jeff Hornacek as a possible candidate for the real identity of SD.

monosylab1k
03-13-2008, 12:57 PM
I can't believe youtube doesn't have a video of Stackhouse vs. Hornacek. That was an ass beating of epic proportions.

Findog
03-13-2008, 12:59 PM
I wish a video existed of Stackhouse versus Kirk Snyder. Alas, it took place in the tunnel concourse underneath the AAC.

monosylab1k
03-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Jerry Stackhouse has basically beaten the hell out of every member of the Utah Jazz at some point in his career.

monosylab1k
03-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Last year Matt Harpring was begging to be Stackhouse'd but Jerry decided to let him live.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah let's not mention the Rockets fan who decided to start needlessly shitting on Dirk & Dampier like they had anything to do with anything in this thread.
That's the best idea I've heard all day. Let's not mention him. You and I both know they'll all go away as soon as the streak ends.