PDA

View Full Version : Brent Barry and ???

tav1
03-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Will Brent Barry cure some of our offensive ills? At this point, I'd immediately start him in place of Finley and play Udoka more minutes. For insurance purposes, I'd call up DeMarr Johnson or Marcus Williams and sign them for the remainder of the season. Hopefully, Brent is not in terrible shape and can go, because his recent rest might translate into a little team energy. And Pop must choose between Vaughn and Stoudemire. Good luck there.

loveforthegame
03-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Barry will obviously help if he's swishing those 3's like he was before. I just don't understand why everyone thinks he's going to cure everyone elses shooting woes. Does anyone really believe Barry will put up more than 7-10 shots a game anyway? He'll help with ball movement but unless guys like Finley, Udoka, Bowen, or whoever start hitting shots teams will just focus in on Barry.

I don't see anyone the Spurs call up being on the playoff roster. No way Pop goes with Johnson or Williams or whoever over Finley no matter how poorly he's playing.

Budkin
03-13-2008, 11:27 AM
For sure... can't wait until he comes back!

phxspurfan
03-13-2008, 11:30 AM
I really can't wait until he comes back. He will be our offensive catalyst.

Myrak
03-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Brent brings so much more than the 3 ball. His b-ball savy, his leadership, experience all will help us settle down a bit.

He may not be the "answer", but I believe it will give us a great boost.

Ronaldo McDonald
03-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Will Brent come back?

That is the question. With the way the Spurs are playing, maybe he'll change his mind...

Kori Ellis
03-13-2008, 01:19 PM
I think people are expecting too much from Barry when he gets back. Who knows if he'll even be anywhere close to form or be in game shape.

boutons_
03-13-2008, 01:20 PM
At this miserable, sucking round-1-exit point, adding Brent could be an upgrade, a contribution.

But when so many suck so bad, it's hard to see how he alone could turn the situation around.

T Park
who knows if he can even play.

Ronaldo McDonald
Brent in a wheel chair is an upgrade over udoku.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-13-2008, 03:12 PM
I think people are expecting too much from Barry when he gets back. Who knows if he'll even be anywhere close to form or be in game shape.

Yeah, his absence really is playing to our hopes.

I'm pretty sure his first game back he's gonna come in shoot two bricks on the perimeter, shoot a technical free throw, miss that too, not play the rest of the night, everyone boos.

tav1
03-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Will Brent Barry cure some of our offensive ills? At this point, I'd immediately start him in place of Finley and play Udoka more minutes. For insurance purposes, I'd call up DeMarr Johnson or Marcus Williams and sign them for the remainder of the season. Hopefully, Brent is not in terrible shape and can go, because his recent rest might translate into a little team energy. And Pop must choose between Vaughn and Stoudemire. Good luck there.

"...cure *some* of our offensive ills.."

Overreaction?

Rique
03-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Some positive news. Spurs can officially sign him on March 21st. So that means 4 more games without him. Hopefully he can play on the 21st, if not he'll have to wait until the 23rd against the Mavs. Hope he returns in good shape. :)

Edit: That's a lot of hopes in that post.

Brutalis
03-13-2008, 04:13 PM
BB will be a blessing that's for sure.

boutons_
03-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Brent is the 'greener grass'.

The grass we have is always less green than the grass we don't have.

Brent hasn't have much game-changing impact earlier, and I don't expect that to change, if he can even get in game shape.

Even if he hits 40%+ 3Gs, he takes only a couple per game, a handful of points. We got creamed by 20+ pts last night.

rAm
03-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Brent is the 'greener grass'.

The grass we have is always less green than the grass we don't have.

Brent hasn't have much game-changing impact earlier, and I don't expect that to change, if he can even get in game shape.

Even if he hits 40%+ 3Gs, he takes only a couple per game, a handful of points. We got creamed by 20+ pts last night.

emphasis on cream

jag
03-13-2008, 04:54 PM
I find it funny that Barry is our new savior ....I understand that we're having problems making shots, but we're having defensive problems and intensity problems as well...It'd be nice to have brent knock in some 3's but dont think that him coming back is going to solve the puzzle.

Budkin
03-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Who knows if Brent Barry even remembers how to play the game of basketball... :lol

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-13-2008, 06:05 PM
if he can hit the open 3 and control the ball then things should get better

Agloco
03-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Barry will obviously help if he's swishing those 3's like he was before. I just don't understand why everyone thinks he's going to cure everyone elses shooting woes. Does anyone really believe Barry will put up more than 7-10 shots a game anyway? He'll help with ball movement but unless guys like Finley, Udoka, Bowen, or whoever start hitting shots teams will just focus in on Barry.

I don't see anyone the Spurs call up being on the playoff roster. No way Pop goes with Johnson or Williams or whoever over Finley no matter how poorly he's playing.

The Spurs use more motion when he's in the game. He has the ability to get some open looks for other players. Not that he does this alone, but usually in tandem with Manu or Parker. It gives the opposing defenses more to deal with.

Agloco
03-13-2008, 07:00 PM
I find it funny that Barry is our new savior ....I understand that we're having problems making shots, but we're having defensive problems and intensity problems as well...It'd be nice to have brent knock in some 3's but dont think that him coming back is going to solve the puzzle.

Gotta disagree here. Looking at the latest boxes, it's definitely the offense that's the problem. But yes, intensity is a problem as well. Pehaps they're just too old eh?

barbacoataco
03-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Barry started this season well. I think he might be better off for the rest, rather than out of shape. Barry knows the system, and he knows how to play basketball. He isn't "the answer," but he might be part of it.

Russ
03-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Is anyone else concerned that Barry may go five minutes and then be out for the season?