PDA

View Full Version : 8 games in 11 days

George Gervin's Afro
03-13-2008, 10:42 AM
When I saw this stretch coming up I knew we were going to have trouble. In addition to the lack of rest during this stretch the quality of opponents added to my concern. With our aging group it's stretches like these that are going to be difficult to deal with. During the last 2 games the team seemed to lack energy or to put it bluntly they looked tired. Manu mentioned this prior to the 2nd Denver game that he knew prior to the game he lacked energy and he was going to have to contribute in other ways besides scoring. It's not going to get any better with Friday and Saturday's games. Detroit just lost a home game last night and Phili is HOT so it wouldn't be a stretch say that we could lose the next 2 games and then come home on a day's rest to face the celtics on Monday... If we can survive this remaining week we should be ok however if we lose the next 3 games we are fighting for 5,6, or 7th seeds.. The schedule makers weren't kind to the second oldest team in the league...

remingtonbo2001
03-13-2008, 10:45 AM
The Spurs are great at making adjustments, which is the precise reason they are a difficult opponent. You might beat them on any given night. However, the Spurs will adjust and will come prepared. It's a little more difficult to do that when you have a different opponent to prepare for.

thousandth
03-13-2008, 10:53 AM
The Spurs are great at making adjustments, which is the precise reason they are a difficult opponent. You might beat them on any given night. However, the Spurs will adjust and will come prepared. It's a little more difficult to do that when you have a different opponent to prepare for.

I don't know if adjustments are working.Someone should think one of the best starting lineup for us would be Parker Ginobili Duncan Thomas with this lineup the Spurs lost three of six last games.
Mike, Oberto were playing their worst games when they coming off the bench. I know Pop doesn't like to change the starting lineup surely he won't makes further changes at this stage of the season but we should return to former rotation.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-13-2008, 03:05 PM
This has the makings of one brutal week...

What good is having a Spurs game virtually every day to watch if they're not in full form?

texbumTHElife
03-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Professional Athletes...

Xylus
03-13-2008, 03:34 PM
8 games in 11 days for the Spurs?

Music to my ears.

hsxvvd
03-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Wow... this worked out really well didn't it. 3-5 on the eight, including 1-5 in those last 6.

Avitus1
03-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Good "Learning" games, I guess.

BonnerDynasty
03-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Pop Wants To Get Low Seed To Get Lakers In First Round Before Bynum Comes Back!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-15-2008, 08:45 PM
If Pop's stategy is just to clinch the playoffs to get some rest in while the rest of West are too worried about who they'll play in the first round, I'd be all for it.

But it doesn't add up with the fact that he's still overplaying his starters :pctoss

Capt Bringdown
03-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Lots of excuses this year it seems.

blah28
03-15-2008, 08:52 PM
no excuses our bench is horrible. They are old and unathletic...Pop no matter what always plays Finley and even though Michael isn't shooting the ball well he will run plays for him out of timeouts!

Budkin
03-15-2008, 09:20 PM
It's almost over! Time to catch up!