PDA

View Full Version : Luis Scola: ROY

CaptainLate
03-13-2008, 05:46 PM
[ David Thorpe (ESPN) wrote in "My observations for this week":

Luis Scola has had such an impact on the Rockets this season that he deserves to be No. 1 on our list for at least one week. And like Al Horford, our previous No. 1, Scola does things to help his team win that do not show up on any stat sheet. Consider the Rockets' first basket against the Nets on Monday night: Scola set three screens, tried to set two more but was turned down by a teammate (meaning the dribbler drove opposite the screen), and then made a beautiful post move for an easy bucket after an effective post up and attack dribble. There's not another rookie in this class who would be as productive and meaningful for Houston as Scola is, and his role in the Rockets' 19-game winning streak deserves some recognition. ]

Congratulations to the Spurs FO for sending LS to the Rockets (for nothing) just to get rid of Butler's contract.

:madrun :dizzy :ihit :bang :pctoss :nope

Is this the worst Spurs "trade" ever by the FO?

And no, I will NEVER get over it so STHU.

Spurs Brazil
03-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Scola thread

dougp
03-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Obviously you never heard of Barbosa ... I think he's a bit better for his team than Scola is right now.

BigZak
03-13-2008, 05:51 PM
it sucks, but just win the title and all is forgiven...go spurs go!

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-13-2008, 05:54 PM
see sig

Budkin
03-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Durant will win. Book it.

Budkin
03-13-2008, 05:58 PM
see sig

Your sig makes me laugh and cry every time I see it. :lol

Cherry
03-13-2008, 06:02 PM
I will never get over it too.
If the Rockets win... omg :fight

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-13-2008, 06:04 PM
I will never get over it too.
If the Rockets win... omg :fight

check out the Pop quote in my sig, you don't think he thinks about it every fucking day?

Cherry
03-13-2008, 06:08 PM
:sick

BigZak
03-13-2008, 06:10 PM
malik could neutralize scola's ass....belleee dat!!!

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-13-2008, 06:11 PM
malik could neutralize scola's ass....belleee dat!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

whottt
03-13-2008, 06:18 PM
FucK
Scola

urunobili
03-13-2008, 06:37 PM
FucK
Scola
careful... :depressed

T Park
03-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Get

Over

It

BigZak
03-13-2008, 06:41 PM
i can't tpark, malik should never have been traded...:lol

jcrod
03-13-2008, 06:54 PM
At least we have Bonner....

T Park
03-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Bonner had nothing to do with Scola being or not being here.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Thank Scola's European agent. I'd rather have KT on this team than Scola, and I'd certainly rather have Splitter. Unless the Rockets win the title this year or Scola turns out to be a dynamite long three, it's not all that bad.

temujin
03-13-2008, 07:19 PM
My predictions were 10 ppg and 5rpg.

Starter by February.

How does it look now?

Mr. Body
03-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Worst was passing on Howard.

Second worst, not by much, was coughing up Scola to a divisional challenger. For nothing. When we were aging rapidly.

I'll never get over seeing the headling - Scola traded - and clinking the link expectantly, wondering what kind of player(s) we got in return. And found out we used him to shed salary. It still makes me want to throw up.

itzsoweezee
03-13-2008, 08:21 PM
i wish that cheap son of a bitch would sell the spurs to a worthy owner.

Pero
03-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Why do people here think Splitter is better than Scola?

Pero
03-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Other than that he is younger.

bobbyjoe
03-13-2008, 08:38 PM
You could make a pretty serious case that Scola is not even the best rookie on his own team.

DAINTX
03-13-2008, 08:40 PM
If Splitter can come in and play as well as Scola has played for the Rockets, we'll be fortunate...and happy. Face it...we lost big on the Scola deal. As I think Pop would agree.

Mr. Body
03-13-2008, 08:57 PM
If Splitter can come in and play as well as Scola has played for the Rockets, we'll be fortunate...and happy. Face it...we lost big on the Scola deal. As I think Pop would agree.

We could have had both. But decided we wanted Bonner instead.

SpurYank
03-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Enough, already. Geez

SpurYank
03-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Houston isn't going anywhere this year. Dikembe Motumbo! You've got to be kidding.

Supreme_Being
03-13-2008, 09:13 PM
I'd rather have Splitter. From what I've observed, Splitter is a way better defender than Scola.

Budkin
03-13-2008, 09:29 PM

Because we won't have Scola anymore. :lol

whottt
03-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Other than that he is younger.

And bigger and faster and puts up basically the same numbers at the age of 22 that Scola was putting up at the age of 27.

Plus he blocks shots and IIRC shoots at a better PCT.

Hemotivo
03-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Splitter gonna be great in spurs system

remember: scola teach him some tricks

a better biedrins

Mr. Body
03-13-2008, 10:01 PM
We need to revisit the F.O.'s propensity to trade Splitter in order to get rid of Matt Bonner's contract. You know you can smell it.

objective
03-14-2008, 01:59 AM
Splitter gonna be great in spurs system

remember: scola teach him some tricks

a better biedrins

I like Splitter but I don't see how he could be better than Biedrins. Biedrins is a much better shot blocker and I have little doubt that Biedrins in the NBA will always be a better rebounder.

Trainwreck2100
03-14-2008, 02:01 AM
oh wow, another fucking Scola thread.

sendman
03-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble about Splitter. But if he didn't dramatically improve his game in the last few days, you will be disappointed. I'm not a big fan of Scola, as the matter of fact he annoys the hell out of me, but he is better then Splitter (it's not even close).
At the same time, those two are playing different type of game and were used in Europe at different positions. Splitter is more athletic, energetic, but not to smart and that means foul trouble in defense and boneheaded plays in offense. I hope I'm wrong and Tiago pans out good for the Spurs.

Brutalis
03-14-2008, 02:43 AM
Regardless sendman I think at worst he is a spark at the 7-8 rotation.

Tiago Splitter will be our next International plug. If he pans out or not we'll see for sure. You can even argue Ian will be prime and ready to take his minutes. Given Horry retires and Kurt not resigning we have some major areas to fill cause Oberto does one thing well. Play the best bad basketball you can. He does it just well enough to know and execute Pop's current situation in the system.

Winning the title, and repeating would be another defining moment in the franchise, and a huge impact on the leagues history books. A lot rides on Tiago and Ian next season if that happens.. just too bad we don't have this season it seems with Ian being raw and stuff.

WalterBenitez
03-14-2008, 04:47 AM
I will tell you one more time ...

Barbosa + Scola were big mistakes ... with them this team would have last 5 years more as a contender.

urunobili
03-14-2008, 07:29 AM
if he gets the ROY award... a couple of suicides will happen in SAT

hater
03-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Thank Scola's European agent. I'd rather have KT on this team than Scola, and I'd certainly rather have Splitter. Unless the Rockets win the title this year or Scola turns out to be a dynamite long three, it's not all that bad.

what??

no way. KT is a dinasour. scola is still in his prime. KT has been in the league for ages and will degress from now on. Scola has a promising future in NBA.

dumbest move by any team in the last few years

JPB
03-14-2008, 09:06 AM
The most ennoying thing is that Luis is doing exactly what some people (specially european posters) were saying he would.

So you can't say Scola is surprising or that you couldn't expect that.

Ocotillo
03-14-2008, 09:13 AM
We need to revisit the F.O.'s propensity to trade Splitter in order to get rid of Matt Bonner's contract. You know you can smell it.

Oh yeah, maybe the Mavs might take him.......

ploto
03-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Spurs brainwashing.

ploto
03-14-2008, 09:28 AM
I think the biggest problem with the trade is that the Spurs traded Scola to shed such a small contract. Butler was in his last year and not making that much money. So the claim they had to get rid of Butler's overpaid contract is in error. He was making about what Beno was and they did not need to give up someone to trade him to a team that bought him out.

ArgSpursFan.
03-14-2008, 09:54 AM
The most ennoying thing is that Luis is doing exactly what some people (specially european posters) were saying he would.

Looks like you've been reading my posts JPB.
At least someone in this forum has no problem to say the truth.
Most of the people who watched Scola all these years,knew that Scola was gonna do good on the NBA,and most important after Oberto's Awsome Playoffs performance last year,I had not doubt in my mind Scola was gonna do even better tham Fabricio.
Now my prophesy has came to reality.

Cherry
03-14-2008, 09:57 AM

Exactly :lol

hater
03-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Looks like you've been reading my posts JPB.
At least someone in this forum has no problem to say the truth.
Most of the people who watched Scola all these years,knew that Scola was gonna do good on the NBA,and most important after Oberto's Awsome Playoffs performance last year,I had not doubt in my mind Scola was gonna do even better tham Fabricio.
Now my prophesy has came to reality.

prophesy?? what prophecy, tons of ppl here knew scola was gonna be a hit. just look at all the Scola threads.

jcrod
03-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Bonner had nothing to do with Scola being or not being here.

Where did i say it was.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-14-2008, 12:18 PM
i have say over and over but fan still not understand. Cannot blame Spurs team so much for trade. Lindsey believe he can get Spanoulis to STAY. Every fan just believe any stupid thing sports writer say.

Like Spur save 10 millions crap. They want send Scola to team where he can play because think he play same position as Duncan. They want get rid of Butler and they want draft pick. They also want player can take Manu role and allow Manu becomes starter, Player than can backs up both guard spot and be 6 man.

This why trade made because Lindsey believe he can keep Spanoulis because he and Dawson have always tell Spanoulis only reason he not play because of Van Gundy.

Popovich want Spanoulis because he see how he play in Japan. Parker tell spurs Spanoulis is better player than Beno from how he play against Spanoulis when France and Greece plays each other over years. Spanoulis is player that once make very bad things happen to Parker in youth championship.

Remember Spanoulis and Parker plays each other in summer at tournament before European championship? After Parker take him to dinner and ask him stay and call Popovich about it? Spanoulis have already have contract so it to late. This game they play each other and guard each other. 19 point Spanoulis, 12 point Parker and Greece win game.

Parker and Spanoulis knows each other from age 17.

Also you have not know here true story about Udrih draft. Spurs wants back up point guard. Tony Parker tell Popovich story that best player he play in Europe is Udrih. Udrih, Spanoulis, Parker all same age. Popovich have player on board he want to draft names Vassilis Spanoulis.

Parker convince Popovich Udrih better than Spanoulis as he play against both before. Spurs wants draft Spanoulis then at this time. They drafts Udrih instead because of what Parker say. When Parker and Spanoulis has the dinner Parker tell Spanoulis this and admit he do so because he remember how Spanoulis play him so good even better than Udrih. He say Udrih outplay him before but he believe he better than him. He admit to Spanoulis thinks maybe Spanoulis better than him when draft happen.

He afraid if Spurs draft Spanoulis at time. He tell him at dinner he not stupid player anymore and with final MVP he know his job. Also he understand Spanoulis play much as 6 man and this role Spurs want. He advise Spanoulis and Popovich very strong keep Spanoulis.

Spanoulis have to leave first time when trade made because of mother sickness. Lindsey not understand how sick mother was. Then when his mother get help it to late when Parker and him have dinner. He already have contract in Greece then. he want come Spurs then.

Fan cannot keep blame trade on Spurs, Spanoulis was reason for trade and he cause problem why trade happen as it happen. All the lie about Spurs ave $10 million is just make up lie after Spanoulis leave to make look like Spurs not make mistake.

They intend make trade to get Spanoulis. I not understand why so many fan in US not able to understand simple thing they just believe any word team or sports writer say. Very strange thing. In Greece most fan laugh at what sports writer or owner say on thing such as how team operate and do business thing. They never tell truth :rolleyes

Indazone
03-14-2008, 12:21 PM
:spin
We could have had both. But decided we wanted Bonner instead.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj137/Spurspics/Bonner-Scola.jpg :clap

Mr. Body
03-14-2008, 12:22 PM
They may have wanted V-Span out of the deal, but that'd make them even stupider than I thought.

No, it was to save money. And not a whole lot of it.

temujin
03-14-2008, 12:22 PM
And bigger and faster and puts up basically the same numbers at the age of 22 that Scola was putting up at the age of 27.

Plus he blocks shots and IIRC shoots at a better PCT.

Plus he was the key factor in Brazil winning the Olympics against a Duncun-plus USA and a silver at a FIBA world championship.

Plus, of course, Splitter is prettier than Scola.

Mr. Body
03-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Plus, of course, Splitter is prettier than Scola.

Ain't sayin' much. Splitter's plenty ugly.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-14-2008, 12:28 PM
They may have wanted V-Span out of the deal, but that'd make them even stupider than I thought.

No, it was to save money. And not a whole lot of it.

Believe lie if you want but it not true. If such lie you believe true Lindsey not still have job. But such thing as this to hard for Spur fan ability to understand I see.

Like say Popovich intend draft Spanoulis instead of Udrih in first place. Parker tell Spanoulis Popovich still mad at him about this. One of reason Popovich hard on Udrih to begin with cause by Parker.

Like say before Spur fan always choose ignore how Rocket owner say he fire Van Gundy over not play Spanoulis and compare him to Steve Nash and say Rocket managers agree. You fan should blame Spanoulis for trade happen as thing happen not Spurs manager or coach. They think Spanoulis and agent make up lie about mom be sick to force trade from Rockets.

They think this way because such tactic American player use all time. Spanoulis mom really sick and suicidal. It not made up lie like all stupid Rocket fan say. Like stupid lie on the wikipedia say "alleged for family reason".

I guess country of US just all like this. If believe Iraq have WMD believe anything.

Mr. Body
03-14-2008, 12:30 PM
I never believed Iraq had WMD. I knew Bush was a cocksucker and couldn't believe how big of idiots the American press and half its people could be. Now he's ruining the economy BIG TIME.

But the deal was to save money.

temujin
03-14-2008, 12:30 PM

Exactly.
Maybe we saw some ACTUAL action of the guy?

Or maybe because Scola -NOT Manu- was the MAN in the Olimpics final?

It is so tedious to be right.

What is even worse is that Spanoulis is NOT too far behind Parker by European standards.
Get Vaughn or Stoudamire, instead.

The gods of basketball are very unhappy about the move.
May the Spurs NEVER meet with the Rockets.

temujin
03-14-2008, 12:33 PM
How does he kwow we are talking Spanoulis?

The man must have a program in his computer that tracks conversations on ANY site citing the guy.

stxspurs
03-14-2008, 12:42 PM
tiago+ian+vspan "the greek tmac" = fo shizzle championship BOOK IT!!!! :ihit

endrity
03-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Kill_Bill is creepy but he is right. In international play Parker and Spanoulis are very comparable. And after what you saw from Udrih everyone should know that sometimes players need a chance, and someone to support them. Brandon Bass is another example.

VSpan didn't find that in Houston, partly because of his attitude, however I have seen him play so often you can't tell me he is not talented. Heck, the guy beat the US almost all by himself (and Greek Baby Shaq) in the World Championships. The Spurs could live with the Scola trade if they actually developed Span.

But now they really seem like they got nothing out of the deal, except save some money for the owner which should matter very little to the ordinary fan.

hater
03-14-2008, 01:05 PM
vspan is pumping iron in europe and will come in next season and bitchslap every american nba player :drunk

Hemotivo
03-14-2008, 01:14 PM
prophesy?? what prophecy, tons of ppl here knew scola was gonna be a hit. just look at all the Scola threads.
exactly

endrity
03-14-2008, 01:15 PM
vspan is pumping iron in europe and will come in next season and bitchslap every american nba player :drunk

No, but he could be better than udrih. Calderon sucked major ass his first year, and look where he is now. I guarantee you Navarro will become a legit starter if he goes to a good situation.

You forget most of these guys play in pro teams since they are 12-13 and they are getting trained from that age to think and play like pro players do. By the time they are 19-20 they already have some big game experience. I know the Americans love the NCAA but it's not even close to the Euroleague in atmosphere and level of play.

I am sure VSpan could be a legit backup to Parker for years to come, and maybe share a backcourt in limited minutes. I really hope he gets one more year.

MrChug
03-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Yah...okay, ROY. Rookie Of Yesteryear?

Dude's gonna be 27.

ploto
03-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Pop is the one who went and saw Beno play in Chicago and decided for himself how much he wanted to draft Beno. He did get Parker's input as to the fact that they had played against each other when they were younger, but Parker did not convince Pop to draft Beno instead of Spanoulis. Someone is blowing smoke.

whottt
03-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Plus he was the key factor in Brazil winning the Olympics against a Duncun-plus USA and a silver at a FIBA world championship.

Get fucking serious...that's Manu show.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Scola?

The Spurs could have had Josh Howard and Andres Nocioni too. Props to pro sports' best GM.

:jack

whottt
03-14-2008, 03:08 PM
I can't believe how little the Scola fans know about basketball...truly amazing how new they are to the game.

This dude has got nearly a decade of pro experience, international experience, he's at the age of what is traditionally the prime of a basketball player, the height of his skill, he's starting...and yet he's going to get beat out by a 19 year old for ROY of the year.

And the NBA teams are only now attempting to adjust to his game...

And it's a joke if you guys want to consider him the reason the Rockets have won 20 in a row...I guess that's means he's better than Duncan, Parker and Manu...combined, because they've never won 20 in a row.

Jordan and Pippen never won 20 in a row.

So I guess what you guys are saying...is that Luis Scola is the greatest player of all time...go ahead, say it(you know you want to), and then get over it.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Pop is the one who went and saw Beno play in Chicago and decided for himself how much he wanted to draft Beno. He did get Parker's input as to the fact that they had played against each other when they were younger, but Parker did not convince Pop to draft Beno instead of Spanoulis. Someone is blowing smoke.

This not exact true. Like i say Parker suggest draft Udrih because he ask who is best player he play against in Europe. Question like "we want draft Euro backup point guard either Spanoulis or Udrih. You plays both which one better?"

He say Udrih better. At time Popovich want draft Spanoulis but he change mind from when parker say Udrih better. But Parker later teall Spanoulis at dinner last summer he do this because at time as young player he not want compete with Spanoulis. He believe he better than Udrih but he have concern about Spanoulis take job.

From how Billy tell me Parker say some way like "now I am more mature person after learn many thing from Tim Duncan and I know my place with team is secure. All thing should be just about help team win and you should really join us. Also i think if you do thing will works our much better for you and I think it will be better for you in end."

if you want believe it lie I not care. As usual American fan act this way.

temujin
03-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Udrih was a wonder boy when he was very young.
There is no question that his fundamentals were better than parker's, specifically the long range outside shot. Not as speedy, but more sound. He could beat parker anytime in a one on one contest.
The problem with Udrih is that he is a born looser and a rabbit.
No wonder he is flourishing under a system where he has no responsability whatsoever.

As for Spanoulis, he is a heck of a player that had to watch McGrady play a whole year terrible baskeball and just got mad at the american star system.
I'd rather be first in my village than second in a city.
I can understand that quite well.

I don't think he will go back to the US.

whottt
03-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Exactly.
Maybe we saw some ACTUAL action of the guy?

Or maybe because Scola -NOT Manu- was the MAN in the Olimpics final?

:lmao like the Olympic Final was where the Gold Medal was won.

Indazone
03-14-2008, 04:51 PM
tiago+ian+vspan "the greek tmac" = fo shizzle championship BOOK IT!!!! :ihit

eek, I never thought about that. That could be some scary additions to come in the future. Bad for us Rockets fans!

temujin
03-14-2008, 04:52 PM
I can't believe how little the Scola fans know about basketball...truly amazing how new they are to the game.

This dude has got nearly a decade of pro experience, international experience, he's at the age of what is traditionally the prime of a basketball player, the height of his skill, he's starting...and yet he's going to get beat out by a 19 year old for ROY of the year.

And it's a joke if you guys want to consider him the reason the Rockets have won 20 in a row...I guess that's means he's better than Duncan, Parker and Manu...combined, because they've never won 20 in a row.

Jordan and Pippen never won 20 in a row.

So I guess what you guys are saying...is that Luis Scola is the greatest player of all time...go ahead, say it(you know you want to), and then get over it.

1) Scola is a very solid player thta has done very well wherever he has played.

2) Some here PREDICTED exactly what is currently happening to his role in the NBA. You were NOT one of them.

3) Basketball is a TEAM sport. Nobody is singularly to blame for 20 losses or to cheer for 20 wins. So he is part of it.

4) Some of "us" are rather OLD -and experienced- to the game.

temujin
03-14-2008, 04:59 PM
:lmao like the Olympic Final was where the Gold Medal was won.

That's right.
It's more avoiding the powerhouse of Puerto Rico in the first round.

whottt
03-14-2008, 05:00 PM
1) Scola is a very solid player thta has done very well wherever he has played.

2) Some here PREDICTED exactly what is currently happening to his role in the NBA. You were NOT one of them.

:lmao

What did I predict? Tell me...what did I predict since you speak from a position of knowledge?

3) Basketball is a TEAM sport. Nobody is singularly to blame for 20 losses or to cheer for 20 wins. So he is part of it.

Big deal...I'd say TMac was due since he played for a team that lost 21 in a row the year before he was traded to Houston.

Adelman's teams have always gone on streaks like this...in particular when they lose a guy to injury. Seriously...the Kings were better without Webber than than they were with him. They got off to one of the best starts in NBA history one year when he was injured.

4) Some of "us" are rather OLD -and experienced- to the game.

You're not experienced if you think the Gold Medal Game in the Olympics was the big win for Argentina.

You're not experienced if you think you can already judge this trade a success or a failure.

There are other reasons I can point out that allude to you not being experienced but really...what is the point?

whottt
03-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Oberto
MPG: 20.4
PPG: 4.7
RPG: 5.4
FG: %609

Scola :
MPG: 22.7
PPG: 9.2
RPG: 5.7
FG: %519

Bonner:
MPG: 13.4
PPG: 5.5
RPG: 3.0
FG: %424
3P: %357

Seriously...what is Scola doing that is so incredible? Scoring more points, at a worst PCT, and with more shots than Oberto?

Putting up almost double the stats in almost double the minutes of Bonner?

When Bonner has the better performance as a starter?

What the hell is he doing that's so amazing?

Nothing....it's routine.

whottt
03-14-2008, 05:19 PM
That's right.
It's more avoiding the powerhouse of Puerto Rico in the first round.

Um...knocking Team USA out was where the medal was won...but go ahead, shit on Manu.

You honestly believe Scola had more to do with that than Manu?

Please just come on out and say it....

Put your knowledge on display.

Indazone
03-14-2008, 05:29 PM
LOL :D

http://www.insidehoops.com/blogs/?p=89

Now, trading away V-Span for Luis Scola and Jackie Butler was something I was cheering like crazy for when I first heard about it! This is the kind of trade the GM of the Year award can be won on! Ok, before I get carried away, let’s analyze it objectively. Luis Scola is considered to be more talented than Oberto by most scouts, and the Spurs giving him away essentially for the right to send V-Span home leaves me a bit uneasy. After all, this is the Spurs we’re talking about not the Knicks! But based on the upside, the Rockets get a starting 4 who can play the role that Oberto plays for the Spurs. The downside? The Rockets still have 2 big bodies who are taller than Chuck Hayes so how bad can it be? Add having a back-up big man in Jackie Butler to support Deke and I can’t help but give this trade 2 thumbs up.

urunobili
03-14-2008, 05:29 PM
You're underestimating a whole lot of people saying that.. kind of unfair...

This dude has got nearly a decade of pro experience, international experience, he's at the age of what is traditionally the prime of a basketball player, the height of his skill, he's starting...and yet he's going to get beat out by a 19 year old for ROY of the year. you know how the hype machine works in the NBA... same reason why Manu is not an all star year after year... pretty> essence..

he is actually still adjusting to the NBA game...

you're generalizing way too much on this one... he is definitively NOT the MAJOR reason of the winning streak... but stilll you should be showing a little more respect to his contribution... all experts along the nation are BUT you mate...

Jordan and Pippen never won 20 in a row. this is WAY out of context... :nope

He is just the best 4 argentina will ever have... we could argue that he was a choker on his euro career... that i may give it to you since he never made it to be the one making his team the last one standing as Manu did...

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Spurs FO with another brilliant move

like giving a #1 pick to the Mavs so they can draft Josh Howard, or skipping Barbosa, or fucking up on drafting Noc

good ol Spurs FO, but they will always look like geniuses with Duncan on this team

urunobili
03-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Spurs FO with another brilliant move

like giving a #1 pick to the Mavs so they can draft Josh Howard, or skipping Barbosa, or fucking up on drafting Noc

good ol Spurs FO, but they will always look like geniuses with Duncan on this team
you deserve an Argentinean flag under your avatar! :pctoss

whottt
03-14-2008, 05:37 PM
You're underestimating a whole lot of people saying that.. kind of unfair...

you know how the hype machine works in the NBA... same reason why Manu is not an all star year after year... pretty> essence..

So you're saying you'd draft Luis Scola over Kevin Durant and Greg Oden?

Too bad you aren't an NBA GM...we'd love you right about now.

he is actually still adjusting to the NBA game...

So is Durant...and he's nearly 10 years younger.

And our goal this season was to repeat as NBA Champs...not break Luis Scola into the NBA.

you're generalizing way too much on this one... he is definitively NOT the MAJOR reason of the winning streak... but stilll you should be showing a little more respect to his contribution... all experts along the nation are BUT you mate...
this is WAY out of context... :nope

I'm smarter than most of the experts in the Nation...no shit.

He is just the best 4 argentina will ever have...

Offer Matt Bonner citizenship :tu

we could argue that he was a choker on his euro career...

We sure could...

that i may give it to you since he never made it to be the one making his team the last one standing as Manu did...

Yeah...this is because Manu Ginobili is a HOF level talent and Luis Scola is a role player. And the reasons for this are going to be pretty obvious eventually...

Because Manu Ginobili has the speed and athleticism to play as a star in the NBA, and Luis Scola doesn't...I don't care what he did in Europe. Matt Bonner was a pretty impressive rookie in Europe BFD...

Spurs Brazil
03-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Parker convince Popovich Udrih better than Spanoulis as he play against both before. Spurs wants draft Spanoulis then at this time. They drafts Udrih instead because of what Parker say. When Parker and Spanoulis has the dinner Parker tell Spanoulis this and admit he do so because he remember how Spanoulis play him so good even better than Udrih. He say Udrih outplay him before but he believe he better than him. He admit to Spanoulis thinks maybe Spanoulis better than him when draft happen.

He afraid if Spurs draft Spanoulis at time. He tell him at dinner he not stupid player anymore and with final MVP he know his job. Also he understand Spanoulis play much as 6 man and this role Spurs want. He advise Spanoulis and Popovich very strong keep Spanoulis

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Does person whottt actual believe this say how Bonner better player than Scola or no? Scola have been consider one of best player in Euroleague with Papaloukas.

Indazone
03-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Whott's just your typical irrational San Antonio Spurs Fanatic. It's ok, go easy on him. LOL

whottt
03-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Does person whottt actual believe this say how Bonner better player than Scola or no? Scola have been consider one of best player in Euroleague with Papaloukas.

So was Spannoulis...and he spent more time on an NBA bench than Bonner...on a worse team.

If bench time = ability for Bonner?

bench time = ability for Spannoulis.

Or else you have a double standard...wouldn't surprise me for a Euro to have a double standard though...it's what you guys do.

whottt
03-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Whott's just your typical irrational San Antonio Spurs Fanatic. It's ok, go easy on him. LOL

Spannoulis was on the bench...just like Bonner. How come it's different for Spannoulis?

Because you say so?

It's not statistically...Bonner and Scola both put up about the same numbers per 48, Bonner actually has better stats as a starter, and Bonner has the more imperssive single game peformance.

Because the Rockets won 20 in a row?

Bonner has a championship...

One of those gets a trophy...and the other doesn't.

Ohh...the intellect of a bandwaggoner is so impressive.

It's just so...rare...and insightful...stuff no one but them could ever think of, or dare I say...think well beyond....the elite of basketball knowledge...

if
you
will

Pathetic.

WalterBenitez
03-14-2008, 06:11 PM
At this point whottt sparks Scola's thread like Manu sparks our bench :wakeup

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-14-2008, 06:12 PM
So was Spannoulis...and he spent more time on an NBA bench than Bonner...on a worse team.

If bench time = ability for Bonner?

bench time = ability for Spannoulis.

Or else you have a double standard...wouldn't surprise me for a Euro to have a double standard though...it's what you guys do.

Papaloukas better player than Scola. I think Spanoulis have more ability than Scola he just need keep get the experience. You know Scola start and Papalouks bench player?

I see Rocket writer always still same lie. Scola best player of Euroleague. But the writer in Europe all say Papaloukas best not Scola. Who know better writer from europe or US??

I not understand Papaloukas bench player to and Scola starter. Bench player not mean same thing in Europe. Also Spanoulis bench player in NBA because Van Gundy and him always fight. is Bonner same as Bonzi Wells or Udrih? Spanoulis, Udrih, Wells have problem with coach and in coach "doggie house" what van Gundy call it.

I not know Bonner in Popovich "doggie house"? I think just Udrih was?

So how bench player mean same things for Bonner?

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Bonner has a championship...

LMAOMAOAMLAMAL @ your dumbass bringing up that point

Darko and Sean Marks also have a chip, so does Tony Massenburg you idiot

nice point you got there

Indazone
03-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Spurs trade to get Darko? lol

whottt
03-14-2008, 06:14 PM
LMAOMAOAMLAMAL @ your dumbass bringing up that point

Darko and Sean Marks also have a chip, so does Tony Massenburg you idiot

nice point you got there

It's got as much merit and relevance as a 20 game win streak backing up your point. And that's all you've got...because statistically, Scola isn't any better than Oberto or Bonner.

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Spurs trade to get Darko? lol

10x better then Bonner

Horry is still too valuable in the post season

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Bonner have nba champion as player never play yes?

Scola have Spanish championship in 2002 as team best player.

Spanoulis have Greek championship in 2006 as team best player and he get another this year soon.

Not as compare as nba champion but you know Bonner play in Italian league yes? His team I think do so poor in Italian league they go out of business. They lose so many game they relegate for perform poor.

So which better?

Best player Bonner of team in Italian league finish I think last or 2nd last place.

Best player Scola of team win Spain league champion.

Best player of team Spanoulis win Greek champion.

Which you think better?

whottt
03-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Bench player not mean same thing in Europe.

I know...but I'm talking about the NBA and what it means here...to you, because that's what happened to Spannoulis, and that's what has happened to Bonner.

Also Spanoulis bench player in NBA because Van Gundy and him always fight.

And Bonner bench player in the NBA because he plays for Spurs.

is Bonner same as Bonzi Wells or Udrih?

When he's not geting minutes? Yeah.

Spanoulis, Udrih, Wells have problem with coach and in coach "doggie house" what van Gundy call it.

I not know Bonner in Popovich "doggie house"? I think just Udrih was?

Bonner has been in Pop's doghouse...just like Beno. Bonner would put up better numbers if we has getting more minutes...in fact, he does put up better numbers when he gets more minutes...in fact, he puts up better numbers than Scola when he gets more minutes.

So how bench player mean same things for Bonner?

If you think there's any guarantee that Spannoulis wouldn't have wound on the bench as much as, if not more, than Bonner if he was on this team....you don't pay very much attention to the Spurs.

urunobili
03-14-2008, 06:21 PM
he does put up better numbers when he gets more minutes...in fact, he puts up better numbers than Scola when he gets more minutes. you are still in love with his non factor so called next Horry Jumper of his.... suck it already.. Bonner will NEVER be close to Scola whottt

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-14-2008, 06:24 PM
If you think there's any guarantee that Spannoulis wouldn't have wound on the bench as much as, if not more, than Bonner if he was on this team....you don't pay very much attention to the Spurs.

I see Spurs play point guard of team suck bad. Vaughn? Spanoulis much better at offense and defense. Stoudamire? Spanoulis much better at offense and defense.

Backup point guard both joke player to Spanoulis. You not serious think he bench over them unless in doggie house? Only way bench over such player be in doggie house like Udrih.

timvp
03-14-2008, 06:25 PM
On a day Bowen gets suspended, whottt just continues to obsess about Scola.

Lame.

whottt
03-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Bonner have nba champion as player never play yes?

Yes.

Scola have Spanish championship in 2002 as team best player.

Spanoulis have Greek championship in 2006 as team best player and he get another this year soon.

Spurs won a championship with Bonner on the bench.

Spurs won a championship without Spannoulis or Scola even being on their roster.

Scola wouldn't have been the best player if he won a championship on the Spurs, and neither would have Spannoulis.

Not as compare as nba champion but you know Bonner play in Italian league yes? His team I think do so poor in Italian league they go out of business. They lose so many game they relegate for perform poor.

So which better?

So you are saying Tau and Panathinaikos would have been the worst teams in their leagues and gone out of business if you replaced Scola and Spannoulis with Bonner?

Is that really what you are saying?

Best player Bonner of team in Italian league finish I think last or 2nd last place.

Best player Scola of team win Spain league champion.

Best player of team Spanoulis win Greek champion.

Which you think better?

I think being on the roster of an NBA championship team is more of an accomplishment than being cut, benched, traded or waived, by teams that aren't.

It's true that Bonner didn't even really have to get off the bench to win his NBA title...

IT's also true that Scola and Spannoulis weren't even on the roster when Bonner won his NBA title.

IOW...they could have just as easily won that title with Scola or Spannoulis being on the bench.

urunobili
03-14-2008, 06:27 PM

Lame.
he should be setting the tone for us young posters instead of being here i agree...:rolleyes and i tried already to pacify him but he has to have the last post... :bang

IceColdBrewski
03-14-2008, 06:28 PM
I see Spurs play point guard of team suck bad.

:lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-14-2008, 06:29 PM
You understand that team like Panathinaikos consider just as much honor as Spurs to play with? TAU team not but Panathinaikos is. Not everything same in Europe as seen in Amerika.

whottt
03-14-2008, 06:29 PM
I see Spurs play point guard of team suck bad. Vaughn? Spanoulis much better at offense and defense. Stoudamire? Spanoulis much better at offense and defense.

Backup point guard both joke player to Spanoulis. You not serious think he bench over them unless in doggie house? Only way bench over such player be in doggie house like Udrih.

Spurs have absolutely no problems winning championships without Spannoulis being on their roster. How important can he be?

whottt
03-14-2008, 06:31 PM

Lame.

My bad...I'll let you and the other Rocket Fans resume the Scola sucking in peace :tu

ploto
03-14-2008, 06:36 PM
He say Udrih better. At time Popovich want draft Spanoulis but he change mind from when parker say Udrih better. But Parker later teall Spanoulis at dinner last summer he do this because at time as young player he not want compete with Spanoulis. He believe he better than Udrih but he have concern about Spanoulis take job.
I know of what I speak. I know the time Beno spent in San Antonio before he was even drafted. I know how excited Pop was about drafting him. Pop does not let a player tell him whom to draft. Pop was hard on Beno because he was the one who wanted him here so much. He was the one who saw his talent and potential.

The notion that Tony wanted Beno over Spanoulis because he was afraid Spanoulis would take his job is extremely laughable. Like I said-- someone is blowing smoke whether Tony to Spanoulis or Spanoulis to you.

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-14-2008, 06:38 PM
the funny thing about whott is that he is as angry about the trade, if not more then anyone, but he lies to himself and posts all this bull shit as a way to coupe with it

he's a very transparent shallow human being

whottt
03-14-2008, 06:38 PM
You understand that team like Panathinaikos consider just as much honor as Spurs to play with?

LOL Honor? Sure...

Is Panathinaiko a better team than the Spurs? Uh...no it isn't.

TAU team not but Panathinaikos is.

I'm sure...

Not everything same in Europe as seen in Amerika.

Yeah well....the general perception is that the NBA is a tougher league than the Greek League, that the players in the NBA are better than the players in the Greek League, and that the champion of the NBA is better than the champion of the Greek League

I know it's arrogant of me to assume that in my typically arrogant American way...but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

but anyway...Scola rules...as you were englightening me...by all means let the revelations continue....

timvp
03-14-2008, 06:39 PM
I will never support Bruce Bowen after the way he owned me in the Finals. Cavs in 5 ... I was so close

ploto
03-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Scola will not be the ROY-- but it is and always has been apparent that he is talented and able to contribute in the NBA. For a team like the Spurs who does not have high drafts picks, they were fortunate to have the rights to a rookie player this good. They traded it away to save money.

whottt
03-14-2008, 06:44 PM
the funny thing about whott is that he is as angry about the trade, if not more then anyone, but he lies to himself and posts all this bull shit as a way to coupe with it

he's a very transparent shallow human being

I am?

I never liked Scola...before you even knew what a basketball was I didn't like him.

Search it...

whottt
03-14-2008, 06:45 PM
lameness

What do you want me to do about it? If you were so worried about Bruce you wouldn't be a Finley fan...Finley is part of the reason Bruce has the rep he has...a huge part. Part of the reason Bruce is no suspended...not only did you not care...you were probably happy to see him get a ring.

I didn't throw Bruce under the bus...that was done long ago.

timvp
03-14-2008, 06:46 PM
I am?

I never liked Scola...before you even knew what a basketball was I didn't like him.

Search it...Is this the same whottt who said Scola would be the #1 pick in the draft a couple years ago?

Kill_Bill_Pana
I know of what I speak. I know the time Beno spent in San Antonio before he was even drafted. I know how excited Pop was about drafting him. Pop does not let a player tell him whom to draft. Pop was hard on Beno because he was the one who wanted him here so much. He was the one who saw his talent and potential.

The notion that Tony wanted Beno over Spanoulis because he was afraid Spanoulis would take his job is extremely laughable. Like I said-- someone is blowing smoke whether Tony to Spanoulis or Spanoulis to you.

I know Spanoulis and Udrih and Parker play each other since age 17. I believe Popovich trust such player as Parker if he give opinion on them.

whottt
Is this the same whottt who said Scola would be the #1 pick in the draft a couple years ago?

Is the same timvp that claims we could have gotten Kobe for Scola?

timvp
03-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Answer the question.

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Is this the same whottt who said Scola would be the #1 pick in the draft a couple years ago?

LMAO

OWNED

time to just just shut this thread down now

whottt
03-14-2008, 06:48 PM
So it's only okay for you to overesimate his valueI(and I never said I liked him)...got it :tu

whottt
03-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Keep questioning my team spirit timvp...you're the one upset about trading a guy that shit on the Spurs from the day he was drafted...not I.

On the bright side...

You've got AJ on the Mavs..

And Scola on the Spurs...

StatewideVP...

timvp
03-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Keep questioning my team spirit timvp...you're the one upset about trading a guy that shit on the Spurs from the day he was drafted...not I.

On the bright side...

You've got AJ on the Mavs..

And Scola on the Spurs...

StatewideVP...Scola isn't on the Spurs, Mr. Edit. Did you answer the question?

whottt
03-14-2008, 06:50 PM
LMAO

OWNED

time to just just this thread down now

You wish...

He wishes...

but he knows the truth...

You really don't.

whottt
03-14-2008, 06:51 PM
I have to say timvp...this onslaught from you, Kill Bill Pana, and Spurs Dynasty 21...

It's one of the best...I've never felt so overmatched :tu

Please don't bust out TPark on me[/mercy]

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-14-2008, 06:52 PM
LOL Honor? Sure...

Is Panathinaiko a better team than the Spurs? Uh...no it isn't.

I'm sure...

Yeah well....the general perception is that the NBA is a tougher league than the Greek League, that the players in the NBA are better than the players in the Greek League, and that the champion of the NBA is better than the champion of the Greek League

I know it's arrogant of me to assume that in my typically arrogant American way...but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

but anyway...Scola rules...as you were englightening me...by all means let the revelations continue....

Are you so sure Spurs so much better than best team in Euroleague? I think best team of Euroleague at end of year should play Spurs. It much closer than Amerikan fan believe. Amerikan fan keep always talk like thing from many year ago. EVERY year Euroleague get harder. Every year NBA seem have more joke team.

Almost whole conference of NBA turn into joke. NBA better than Euroleague but it is very stupid how Amerikan fan talk. Like it soooooooooooo much better. Maybe 5 or 10 year back in time but not now. I can say Euroleague top 8 level and above within 80 to 85 perent of NBA now. Euroleague final two level is maybe 85 to 90 percent nba level.

Amerikan fan just make themself look like arrogant know everything losers with always this "Euroleague suck so bad compare to NBA". If it suck so bad how come so many nba team have so many Euroleague player? They play in Euroleague before NBA.

But when Europe fan say player that current in Euroleague it always ssame answer from Amerikan fan "they suck or if they not suck they be in NBA if they in Euroleague it mean they suck".

Guess this mean Manu "suck" before to?

batboy
03-14-2008, 06:54 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/3/14/scolathreads128500124229843750.jpg

whottt
03-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Scola isn't on the Spurs, Mr. Edit. Did you answer the question?

Hey...don't look at me...I thought we were gonna get Nocioni for him...it's not my fault Paxon's an idiot. I was hoping he was overvalued too.

You still have to prove

A. He wanted to be here.
B. They turned down more than they got(and no Cleveland becoming better is not more).

whottt
03-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Are you so sure Spurs so much better than best team in Euroleague? I think best team of Euroleague at end of year should play Spurs. It much closer than Amerikan fan believe. Amerikan fan keep always talk like thing from many year ago. EVERY year Euroleague get harder. Every year NBA seem have more joke team.

IT's going to be fucking sweet to kick you guys ass in the Olympics.

Almost whole conference of NBA turn into joke. NBA better than Euroleague but it is very stupid how Amerikan fan talk. Like it soooooooooooo much better. Maybe 5 or 10 year back in time but not now. I can say Euroleague top 8 level and above within 80 to 85 perent of NBA now. Euroleague final two level is maybe 85 to 90 percent nba level.

I don't...because Sarunas Jackiviescius was a Euroleague god and he completely sucked in the NBA.

Put it this way...you take the best players from the NBA and put them in the Euroleague...I guarantee you they will be the best players in Europe...that is not true if you take the best players from the Euroleague...

Hell...the best European players play in the freaking NBA dude.

Amerikan fan just make themself look like arrogant know everything losers with always this "Euroleague suck so bad compare to NBA". If it suck so bad how come so many nba team have so many Euroleague player? They play in Euroleague before NBA.

So? They also play in the NCAA before the NBA...doesn't mean those leagues are close to the NBA?

But when Europe fan say player that current in Euroleague it always ssame answer from Amerikan fan "they suck or if they not suck they be in NBA if they in Euroleague it mean they suck".

Guess this mean Manu "suck" before to?

Some players transfer and some don't....the skill level is equal in Europe, perhaps better in some areas...but the athleticism is not.

It's just that simple...

On top of that, the talent in Europe is more more dispersed...so it's even more difficult to field a team with the depth of an NBA team.

And while you may get sick of Americans saying the NBA is better than the Euroleague...

You have no idea how often we get some nationalistic yahooo on this board hyping the player from his country as the greatest player in the world...ignoring all evidence to the contrary(and being completely wrong)...these guys root for the player over the team...and there is nothing unique or original about their arguments.

You remember my words to you now...next season, you will see some guy from Brazil that thinks Splitter is the greatest thing that ever happened or will happen to the Spurs...that thinks he is the reason they have four championships...and will view the entire NBA, America, and all NBA fans, through the prism of success that Splitter has...and if he has none...this guy will not like the NBA, the Spurs, Nbafans, or Americans.

And he will say the same things you say, and he will get offended about the same things you do...and he will last on this board as long as his player plays for the Spurs and begone when that is no longer the case.

Just like you will be gone...and posting on another teams board...when/if Spannoulis plays for another NBA team.

So tell me I am ignorant of you and the Euroleague all you want...but I've seen you before many times my friend...and I already know how this story and argument will end.

I've been here before...have you?

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-14-2008, 07:42 PM
You are ignorant for same reason as all other on issue. You say Saras is Euroleague god. This always say by Amerikan fan.

To who? Maybe to Pacers team that like this for market ads maybe they think it sound good. Maybe for the fans from Lithuania they are biggest "homer" I learn from board here this word not used for Homer our Greek.

But Lithuania fans believe Saras "greatest ever". :rolleyes

He SUCK compare to other Lithuania player like Sabonis and Marcuilonis. They just stupid idiot fan that say such thing.

The NBA fan always say this lie "Saras greatest Euroleague player ever". This some stupid joke to any person with brain. You tell me he better than Galis? he better than Bodiroga? He better than Manu? He better than Mcadoo? Than Dominque? He better than Sabonis and MANY of other players I can say?

He CRAP player even compare to player like Papaloukas. Even compare to his own Lithuania country players in Euroleaue like Siskauskus he SUCK compare to Siskauskus!

This "greatest Euroleague player" is joke on Panathinaikos right now. This player has been ruin our whole season so far. Diamantidis and Spanoulis 10 times better than him. Batiste is much better than him and make 1/4 as much salary! :blah

Saras win 3 Euroleague championship in row and he get called "best Euroleague player ever". People just stupid idiot make things up. All talk in Europe how good he is always was stupid talk. Like same idiot in Amerika call Wade "next Jordan". Same stupid make up craps.

In Barcelona he win championship of Euroleague but best player on team was Bodiroga. Bodiroga best player of team but Saras get all credit. Also Saras not even 2nd best player of team that was Navarro. And Navarro also suck at defense to and he still better.

Say Saras better than Bodiroga like say Udrih better than Larry Bird and I say such thing in true talk. That how stupid this thing is. But always Amerikan fan say Saras best Euroleague player just because Lithuania fan and press in media make it up and because hype of player like in US they do with Wade.

Then Saras win the 2 more Euroleague championship with Macabbi. Again he get all credit. Again he third best player on team! :rolleyes Anthony Parker and Vujcic both better than him. Who get all credit? Saras! He "best player ever"! But two other player on his own team better than him! :p:

Every time Amerikan fan say stupid crap about Saras "Euroleague God" I know they not know any thing of any thing about Euroleague or I know they Lithuanian or they just stupid fan like people in Amerika believe Wade "next Jordan".

Saras is maybe #5 best player on Panathinaikos team. He a complete joke with all money he make. If you think Saras is good player in Euroleague you just as stupid as other idiot fan in Europe that same kind of fan in US call Wade next Jordan.

Saras is horrible defender in even Greek league level. You base how he do in NBA for other Europe player and think how he "best" from there? :blah Saras suck.

whottt
03-14-2008, 08:00 PM
You are ignorant for same reason as all other on issue. You say Saras is Euroleague god. This always say by Amerikan fan.

What Greek arrogance....were you on this forum before Saras came to the NBA?

There were Euros saying he was the best player in the world...

Calling me arrogant and ignorant for not realizing it...just like you.

Arrogance like this is why Greece is now a 3rd world country...

You want to be better at something than us? You already are...unjustified arrogance.

To who? Maybe to Pacers team that like this for market ads maybe they think it sound good. Maybe for the fans from Lithuania they are biggest "homer" I learn from board here this word not used for Homer our Greek.

But Lithuania fans believe Saras "greatest ever". :rolleyes

He SUCK compare to other Lithuania player like Sabonis and Marcuilonis. They just stupid idiot fan that say such thing.

They said...he was Euroleague Finals MVP and champion...just like you say about Spanoulis....and Scola...except you say Greek and Spanish League, whereas they say Euroleague and Finals...that is better right?

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-14-2008, 08:50 PM
What Greek arrogance....were you on this forum before Saras came to the NBA?

There were Euros saying he was the best player in the world...

Calling me arrogant and ignorant for not realizing it...just like you.

Arrogance like this is why Greece is now a 3rd world country...

You want to be better at something than us? You already are...unjustified arrogance.

They said...he was Euroleague Finals MVP and champion...just like you say about Spanoulis....and Scola...except you say Greek and Spanish League, whereas they say Euroleague and Finals...that is better right?

If you think Saras is as good player as Scola and Spanoulis you very big idiot.

InK
03-14-2008, 10:22 PM
If you think Saras is as good player as Scola and Spanoulis you very big idiot.

Sorry for jumping in ur lovely debate, but just wanted to mention that Jasikevicius' s best years were behind him when he came over sees. Our team had him on his absolute peak, and even though i know my gurantee is worthless, i have to say he was a truly amazing player.

He lost a lot of speed and gained a few pounds in the last few years at Maccabi ( i think it was) which was probably the reason why he didnt make a bigger impact in the NBA.

And Jasikevicius at his peak was a better player then Scola is now, and was, is and will allways be a better player then Spanoulis.

Greeks have slow, muscular perimiter players in general, which do well against more agile, but lighter competition in the Euroleague, but i dont think this format of player will do good in the Nba. Passing on SPan was a good move from Spurs F.0

Indazone
03-14-2008, 10:26 PM
LMAO this thread is golden!

whottt
03-14-2008, 10:28 PM
LMAO this thread is golden!

Ealier tonight:

whine Rockets might lose whine whine whine whine whine whine whine

Indazone
03-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Whott u must like getting owned cause that's all that's happening here LOL

:D

whottt
03-14-2008, 10:32 PM
You don't know the meaning of owned...

I'm actually going to feel sorry for you when the Rockets lose...you just won't be the same anymore.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Why is it that whottt loves to dump on talented players and dote on those without talent, save for David Robinson and #2!?

Indazone
03-14-2008, 10:35 PM
ah screw it..just have to win them all from now on lol.

whottt
03-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Why is it that whottt loves to dump on talented players and dote on those without talent, save for David Robinson and #2!?

Why is it that Marcus Bryant likes guys that suck? That's the better question...

If MB had his way we'd have a bench of Karl Malone, Chris Webber and Jason Kidd instead of Manu and Parker.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Why is it that Marcus Bryant likes guys that suck? That's the better question...

If MB had his way we'd have a bench of Karl Malone, Chris Webber and Jason Kidd instead of Manu and Parker.

Why is it that whottt likes to misrepresent the views of others?

whottt
03-14-2008, 11:00 PM
ah screw it..just have to win them all from now on lol.

You won't win them all...and when you lose it's going to be because of Scola and your interior defense...when you lose in the playoffs it's going to be because of Scola and your interior defense...

I know I know...if only Yao were healthy....but of course...he's never healthy for long now is he?

Enjoy your winning streak...otherwise known as the highlight of Rocket bascketball in the last decade and a half.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Sorry for jumping in ur lovely debate, but just wanted to mention that Jasikevicius' s best years were behind him when he came over sees. Our team had him on his absolute peak, and even though i know my gurantee is worthless, i have to say he was a truly amazing player.

He lost a lot of speed and gained a few pounds in the last few years at Maccabi ( i think it was) which was probably the reason why he didnt make a bigger impact in the NBA.

And Jasikevicius at his peak was a better player then Scola is now, and was, is and will allways be a better player then Spanoulis.

Greeks have slow, muscular perimiter players in general, which do well against more agile, but lighter competition in the Euroleague, but i dont think this format of player will do good in the Nba. Passing on SPan was a good move from Spurs F.0

As I say before some fan believe Wade "next Jordan" or Saras "truly amazing". Even though truly amazing player is horrible at defense and very slow and has very bad athletic ability. Even though Bodiroga much better player than him "Saras is reason Barcelona win". :blah

Why so few basketball fan understand game?

temujin
03-15-2008, 06:19 AM
Um...knocking Team USA out was where the medal was won...but go ahead, shit on Manu.

Italy destroyed Lithania that had destroyed the US.
Duncan and Wallace and Popovich and all.
The final was about the two BEST teams.
There is no East-west crap at the Olympics.
Argentina won and Scola was the best player in that game.
PERIOD.

You honestly believe Scola had more to do with that than Manu?

In the final, YES.
That's ONE game that comes once in a lifetime.
No damn seven games series.
EVERY single breath you take in those games matters.
I'll bet you don't have the foggiest idea of what it means.

Please just come on out and say it....

Put your knowledge on display.

I always do.
According to your flawed arguments Spurs won WITHOUT Robinonson HENCE Robinson is crap. They even won WITHOUT Ginobili or Parker, SO they are crap.

Let us just know YOUR knowledge of the game by just letting everybody know HOW much money others were willing TO PAY YOU to play the game.

Simple.
Very simple.

After that, you might resume a conversation with me, provided that the sum is adequate.

WalterBenitez
03-15-2008, 06:26 AM
wassup boys? still dicusing about why POP sent Scola to HOU?

hey whottt, I know you hate us ... but the name of my country is Argentina and no Ergentina, move your left hand to the left, probably in the middle of your keyboard you will find the letter A. :p:

temujin
03-15-2008, 06:33 AM

hey whottt, I know you hate us ... but the name of my country is Argentina and no Ergentina, move your left hand to the left, probably in the middle of your keyboard you will find the letter A. :p:

Corrected that.

kuato
03-15-2008, 01:15 PM

-----------> Are you suggesting that whottt hates all the foreing nba players ?