PDA

View Full Version : Bowen Suspended?

xtremesteven33
03-13-2008, 06:44 PM
i was watching the local san antonio news and Don Harris reported that the league is looking into the scuffle between Chris Paul and Bruce Bowen and will determine wether there needs to be any suspensions between the two players.

Bowen kicked Paul, and Paul gave a low blow to Bruce....

man and Udoka is injured too.....no Bowen or Udoka this friday.... looks like it folks....

Kori Ellis
03-13-2008, 06:55 PM
If the league looks, they'll see Bowen NOT kicking Paul. And Paul hitting Bowen twice in the balls.

I don't think Bowen will get suspended.

Medvedenko
03-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Well I looked and saw Bowen Kick and even if he didn't connect it's still an attempt. Last time I heard even an attempted punch or a swing of an elbow brings penalties. Suspend them both for all I care...if this was Kobe he would have received a minimum of 2 games already.

FromWayDowntown
03-13-2008, 07:30 PM
It would be somewhat ironic to see his consecutive games streak snapped at exactly 500 games because of a suspension.

mojorizen7
03-13-2008, 07:38 PM
You've got to think that Bowen won't get suspended. He'll get fined and continue to "get into people's heads" with his knees,fingernails,elbows etc...

Obstructed_View
03-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Well I looked and saw Bowen Kick and even if he didn't connect it's still an attempt. Last time I heard even an attempted punch or a swing of an elbow brings penalties. Suspend them both for all I care...if this was Kobe he would have received a minimum of 2 games already.
I agree. This reminds me of when Kobe got suspended for three games for throwing that elbow at Kyle Korver.

Wait, he got away with that one.

Nevermind. :rolleyes

Dex
03-13-2008, 07:42 PM
It would be somewhat ironic to see his consecutive games streak snapped at exactly 500 games because of a suspension.

If this happens, I will have an official bounty out for Jeff McDonald's head.

Jinxy motherfucker.

picnroll
03-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Pass the Kleenex. I think I'm going to cry.

T Park
03-13-2008, 07:50 PM

God butch up...

Findog
03-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Yes, suspend them both. NOLA and San Antonio shorthanded for a game or two would be great.

Russ
03-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Well I looked and saw Bowen Kick and even if he didn't connect it's still an attempt.
When Bowen wants to kick someone, they're kicked.

stxspurs
03-13-2008, 07:59 PM

biggest whining post.....if it was kobe blah blah blah :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-13-2008, 08:06 PM
If the league looks, they'll see Bowen NOT kicking Paul. And Paul hitting Bowen twice in the balls.

I don't think Bowen will get suspended.

Bowen's balls are so big that Paul couldn't hit them both with one shot.

Tigole Bitties
03-13-2008, 08:09 PM
CP3 pulled a Jason Terry? I thought he was the choir boy of the NBA?

Damn those Demon Deacon alums!

Spursofthemoment
03-13-2008, 08:32 PM
If they only suspend Bruce, I'll whine, but if they look closely enough to see that both of them were wrong there isn't much to whine about.

Creation88
03-13-2008, 08:35 PM
where did paul go for the jewels?

bobbyjoe
03-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Neither deserves it IMO but if you suspend one, you have to suspend both.

remingtonbo2001
03-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Bowen's balls are so big that Paul couldn't hit them both with one shot.

:lmao

Shred
03-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Oh, man, that would be so unfair, for the league to suspend the guy. :rolleyes

DazedAndConfused
03-13-2008, 08:49 PM
It would be like Christmas is the NBA suspended both of them for 1 game. Spurs lose to DET, we roll over NOH without Paul.

SpurYank
03-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Kobe won't be suspended for any games. He is the darling of the NBA and has a free pass. I'm surprised none of you knew this. Now, a Spurs player, they are fair game.

Creation88
03-13-2008, 09:07 PM
suns fans still bitch and moan. you guys need to get a fucking life.

greens
03-13-2008, 09:37 PM
An article about it:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AiEDJx0NL7ZNQcvIA2Dnr9yM0bYF?slug=ys-bowenpaul031308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

League reviewing Bowen-Paul play
By Johnny Ludden

Bruce Bowen’s feet once again have caught the attention of the NBA office, a league official said Thursday.

The league is reviewing an incident between the San Antonio Spurs forward and New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul that occurred midway through the third quarter of the Hornets’ 100-75 victory on Wednesday.

After Paul lost control of his dribble and went to the floor to corral the ball, Bowen reached down to tie him up and his legs became entangled with Paul. Video replays showed Bowen trying to initially fling Paul off him, then he appeared to catch him again with his right foot as Paul tried to sit up.

Paul was whistled for a foul, but protested that Bowen had kicked him.

The league official said Paul’s actions also were being examined – he flung his arms up at Bowen – during the review of the play. An official from the NBA’s security office also has put in a call to Bowen to discuss the play – standard protocol for such incidents.

Opponents have complained on several occasions about Bowen’s aggressive defense, in particular the use of his feet. New York Knicks coach Isiah Thomas told his players last season to “break (Bowen’s) foot” when Steve Francis rolled his ankle in a previous game after landing on Bowen following a jump shot. NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson warned Bowen about giving shooters proper landing space but did not fine him.

Bowen, who made his 500th consecutive start for the Spurs on Wednesday, has never been suspended by the league. He was fined $10,000 two seasons ago for kicking then-Seattle SuperSonics guard Ray Allen in the back.

During last season’s playoffs, Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire accused Bowen of trying to kick him in the back of the leg. Bowen received a flagrant foul in a later game for kneeing Suns point guard Steve Nash in the groin while trying to clear space.

I don't like how every time something happens, they always talk about what other whiners in the NBA say about Bruce...like Amare.

Also why doesn't it say that Paul kicked Bruce twice in the balls...It just says that "he flung his arms up at Bowen"...

PM5K
03-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Just post that video Kori, and then:

[/THREAD]

Worst case would be for them to suspend or fine CP3, but I don't know that you could say his actions were intentional, Bruce did nothing and CP3 will become an Academy Award winning actor once he retires.

[/THREAD]

O-Factor
03-13-2008, 11:42 PM

Well because he has a dirty history.

ducks
03-13-2008, 11:53 PM
Just post that video Kori, and then:

[/THREAD]

Worst case would be for them to suspend or fine CP3, but I don't know that you could say his actions were intentional, Bruce did nothing and CP3 will become an Academy Award winning actor once he retires.

[/THREAD]tellin g the owner of the site what to do
tough internet guy huh

Medvedenko
03-14-2008, 12:53 AM
Well because he has a dirty history.

Sure Kobe has swung his arms out and hit people in the face and got suspended. That doesn't mean the Bowen is all of the sudden a princess on the court. I love it when Spurs fans say..."well so and so did it as well" Big woop. As you can see from all non-spur fans on this board they are all in agreement regarding Bowen's "Tactics"....it doesn't take rocket science to see that. There are fucking youtube videos showing his penchant for questionable plays......

O-Factor
03-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Sure Kobe has swung his arms out and hit people in the face and got suspended. That doesn't mean the Bowen is all of the sudden a princess on the court. I love it when Spurs fans say..."well so and so did it as well" Big woop. As you can see from all non-spur fans on this board they are all in agreement regarding Bowen's "Tactics"....it doesn't take rocket science to see that. There are fucking youtube videos showing his penchant for questionable plays......

Thats the difference. Questionable plays vs. outright dirty. You'd be hard pressed to find a Spurs fan who says Bowen is a "princess on the court" Now off the court he is absolutly steller as far as giving back to the community and is law abiding citizen that never gets in trouble. But he has never blatantly punched or elbowed a person. The only truly dirty play I've seen him make was when he kicked Wally in the face, which I think we all agree is a funny clip. But as far as the Nash "knee", Nash sold it completely and you can't prove that he didn't. Nash has a history of "selling" on the court.

I love the way Bowen plays. He'd fit right in with the 80s style of NBA basketball. He's not perennially ALL-NBA Defense for playing soft.

StoneCutter
03-14-2008, 01:50 AM
I really haven't seen a clear video of what happened, but it wouldn't be the first time Chris Paul hit someone in the groin area. He did it in college versus Duke.

ploto
03-14-2008, 09:38 AM
I like how the poster bolded the one part but not this part:

Video replays showed Bowen trying to initially fling Paul off him, then he appeared to catch him again with his right foot as Paul tried to sit up.

Shank
03-14-2008, 10:15 AM
But Bowen had his palms up. Everyone knows the Spurs didn't commit a foul if the play ends with their palms up, mouths open and eyebrows lifted in shock.

Case closed.

stretch
03-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Damn those Demon Deacon alums!
Does that include Tim Duncan for you?

stretch
03-14-2008, 10:24 AM
But Bowen had his palms up. Everyone knows the Spurs didn't commit a foul if the play ends with their palms up, mouths open and eyebrows lifted in shock.

Case closed.
Holy shit, you're fucking right!

No fucking way Bruce gets suspended or even fined. CP3 should be suspended for the fact that the league wasted their time reviewing this.

ambchang
03-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Judge for yourself:
hZNwSC_6H90&hl=en

Shank
03-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Judge for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZNwSC_6H90&feature=related

Actually, no. We'll leave that to the league. That's their job. Ours is to bicker and cuss on the Internet.

ambchang
03-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Actually, no. We'll leave that to the league. That's their job. Ours is to bicker and cuss on the Internet.

:lol
:tu

midgetonadonkey
03-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Kobe won't be suspended for any games. He is the darling of the NBA and has a free pass. I'm surprised none of you knew this. Now, a Spurs player, they are fair game.

This is very true. He even got away with raping a chick.

SAGambler
03-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Take a real close look at the beginning of that scrum. It appears that CP first attempted to hit Tony in the nuts, as Tony was trying to get to the ball, then appears later he did hit Bowen in the jewels.

I don't know. Maybe the guy just has a thing for other guys stuff.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Bowen turns CP into a little baby. Can't keep his head cool.

rAm
03-14-2008, 10:50 AM
WOW, that second angle tells a whole different story. I don't think Bruce did anything wrong, at all. But you can clearly see CP3 use the backhand of his palm in Bowen's gooch.

Solid D
03-14-2008, 11:01 AM
No big deal on that scrum. There was a loose ball, Bruce straddled and tried to grab the ball to at least get a jump ball out of it. Both players lost control of the ball and as CP3 kicked the ball loose (notice Horry signaling to the refs that it was a kicked ball) twisting his body, CP3's backhand comes up into Bruce's crotch causing Bruce to twist away and look for the ball. Bruce's right knee hits Chris' head knocking him back... then Chris raised his head and shoulders and does a fake flop-back as Bruce is backing away.

It was a nothing play. No big deal and it was called properly by the refs. Spurs' ball.

spurastic
03-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Judge for yourself:
hZNwSC_6H90&hl=en

Thanks for the video. Clear evidence of cp3 punch to Parker's nuts and then on to fondle his fav spur--Bowen. CP3 should be suspended.

rascal
03-14-2008, 11:09 AM
I don't like how every time something happens, they always talk about what other whiners in the NBA say about Bruce...like Amare.

Also why doesn't it say that Paul kicked Bruce twice in the balls...It just says that "he flung his arms up at Bowen"...

Because the article is mainly about Bowen and his past incidents not Paul.

RonMexico
03-14-2008, 11:09 AM
I really haven't seen a clear video of what happened, but it wouldn't be the first time Chris Paul hit someone in the groin area. He did it in college versus Duke.

No, he did it against NC State.

Get this guy out of here.

StoneCutter
03-14-2008, 11:50 AM
No, he did it against NC State.

Get this guy out of here.

Maybe he did it against NC State also, but I clearly remember him doing it against Duke (I am a Duke fan and wouldn't have watched an NC State game).

ChumpDumper
03-14-2008, 12:24 PM
The evidence is clear: CP3 likes the cock.

cherylsteele
03-14-2008, 12:24 PM
I think people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Both are incidental contact. Bruce's knee may have bumped CP's when he CP was trying to sit up and Bruce was trying to turn around to get the ball. Bruce was watching the ball as this was happening.

I just don't see anything that would arrant a suspension for either player.

BlackSwordsMan
03-14-2008, 12:36 PM
LOL CP fell down like a bitch when the whistle blew
what a flop

BlackSwordsMan
03-14-2008, 12:36 PM
cp tried to taste bowen's nuts and got kicked for it
self defense

WalterBenitez
03-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Bruce didn't do anything wrong, IMHO.

TDMVPDPOY
03-14-2008, 12:44 PM
lookn at the replay, bowen did jackall anyway

fukn cp3 pulled a fuckn oscar act out of steve nashs acting for dummies

E20
03-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Judge for yourself:
hZNwSC_6H90&hl=en
Bruce didn't do jack shit in that.

florige
03-14-2008, 12:51 PM
I know somewhere Julius Hodge is grimacing in pain.... :cry

jag
03-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Ask Wally Szczerbiak about real bowen-induced pain.

GSH
03-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Judge for yourself:

Nothing worthy of a Bowen suspension, or even close to it. I found a different camera angle of Chris Paul's reaction though.
You be the judge.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/aczysz/852800593_cockpunchin.gif

ancestron
03-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Chris Paul gives Bowen the patented NBA Karate Chop.