PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm a little worried

TDfan2007
03-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Phoenix and Dallas look like they're figuring their post-trade chemistry out, the Lakers have been solid since the new year and will only get better when Bynum gets back (but not as good as some laker fans might love to think).

Now the Spurs on the other hand are dealing with fatigue, age, offensive chemistry, and help defense.

Before you guys start blasting me let me explain why I'm worried. I'm worried because the Spurs always figure their shit out by now, or at least are damn close to figuring it out. But this team at times looks completely lost, especially our role players.

I just hope we figure things out before it's too late...

freemeat
03-14-2008, 12:28 AM
http://www.chabotcollege.edu/library/abby/broken%20record.jpg

Brutalis
03-14-2008, 12:36 AM
http://www.chabotcollege.edu/library/abby/broken%20record.jpg

Medvedenko
03-14-2008, 12:48 AM
They'll be fine and if not...then there's always next year....just ask Suns and Mavs fans.

jag
03-14-2008, 12:52 AM
They'll be fine and if not...then there's always next year....just ask Suns and Mavs fans.

Where would this thread be without this post??

....ya

E20
03-14-2008, 12:53 AM
They'll be fine, it's only March.

freemeat
03-14-2008, 12:55 AM
Where would this thread be without this post??

....ya

Nice.

Korny Earl
03-14-2008, 01:45 AM
their only 1 game back from LA...

WalterBenitez
03-14-2008, 04:52 AM
After we reaching the top of the mountain, all the rest is coming down ...

sribb43
03-14-2008, 07:52 AM
dont be worried about the mavs just yet...we beat up on the scrub teams of the east

check back next week after we play

LAL
Bos
SA

timmy21_4rings
03-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Spurs let Suns to get the confidence and they are on winning streak now. I hate this loss . Now Spurs are in down fall.

1Parker1
03-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Yea, I really think if the Suns had lost that game against the Spurs, they could be have been written off as a non-factor in the playoffs this season. That loss seems to have given them new life unfortunately, and they look to be right in the mix of figuring it out. :(

Spurs do look old and unatheltic, but no one in the West is perfect. I can see the Spurs making it to the Finals, just as much as I can see a Jazz vs Hornets matchup in the WCF. That's how tough and close the Western Conference race is this season. 1-8, anyone can win it. And even if the Warriors at the 8th spot, aren't neccesarily considered "title-contenders" they do have it in them as evidenced last year to pull a major upset which can change the course of the NBA Finalist.

Cry Havoc
03-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Phoenix and Dallas look like they're figuring their post-trade chemistry out, the Lakers have been solid since the new year and will only get better when Bynum gets back (but not as good as some laker fans might love to think).

Now the Spurs on the other hand are dealing with fatigue, age, offensive chemistry, and help defense.

Before you guys start blasting me let me explain why I'm worried. I'm worried because the Spurs always figure their shit out by now, or at least are damn close to figuring it out. But this team at times looks completely lost, especially our role players.

I just hope we figure things out before it's too late...

How about you go play 8 games in 11 days and see how you feel afterwards? Of COURSE we have fatigue. EVERY team in the league would be exhausted after a brutal schedule series like that.

41times
03-14-2008, 12:26 PM
their only 1 game back from LA...

or only 3.5 games away from missing the playoffs?

Findog
03-14-2008, 12:30 PM

Or Faker fans when they're not stealing All-Stars from other teams with the blessing of the League office.

U mad?

Findog
03-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Pretty much every team in the West has some sort of glaring flaw. The Spurs should still be considered the faves because they have Duncan and they are a poised, veteran team, but we should all give up the pretense that we have any idea how things will shake out.

Lakers - No interior defense without Bynum. I don't see them getting out of the West unless they avoid San Antonio.

Spurs - Lots of aged veterans in the supporting cast who have looked like complete spares at times. Like Obstructed View stated in another thread, it's a good thing that they will be counted on to play smart, disciplined basketball in the postseason instead of outrunning younger, more athletic teams. I still think they're vulnerable because the role players look so weak.

Rockets - I just don't see them as a threat without Yao. They're a very good defensive team, and they are doing an admirable job so far of keeping it together with good, team-oriented play, but they're just too small now to prevail as the Finals representative.

Jazz - This team is just too bad on the road to take seriously. They can look unbeatable one night and like total shit the next, and a lot of it has to do with the up and down play of AK and Mehmet. If they get the top seed, then look out. Otherwise, I'm not afraid of them.

Mavs - Not enough perimeter defense. They'll throw Howard on the other team's best perimeter player late in games, but they've been burned in successive postseasons by Steve Nash, Dwyane Wade and Baron Davis. That more than any fault or failure of Avery Johnson and Dirk Nowitzki is why they keep coming up short.

Suns - Shaq helps them with the one team (Spurs) that they couldn't beat. And Steve Nash's defense is worse than ever. Marion's absence also means that he isn't around to take Nash's man for him, and that means Raja Bell has to log even more minutes guarding the opposing team's best non-big scoring threat. Shaq is completely useless against faster, more athletic teams and I don't know if they can advance far enough into the postseason to face the Spurs. The Suns still don't play enough defense to win a title.

Warriors - Given the difficulty of their remaining schedule, I don't see them rising above the eighth seed, and no team is coming out of the West if they have to win three series without HCA. I'm pretty sure Dallas and Phoenix are the only teams they could beat in a series.

Nuggets - This team is talented, but even with Camby, they suck on defense, and they don't play with enough cohesion or chemistry. I'm pretty sure they'll be the odd team out when the playoffs start.

That leaves the Hornets, who on paper strike me as the most balanced team in the West and one that has the fewest weaknesses. But outside of Peja, they don't have a lot of postseason experience. If postseason experience is as important as people seem to think, then I don't see the Hornets winning the West. But if it's not that important, then they would be my favorites to come out on top.

Dex
03-14-2008, 12:45 PM
or only 3.5 games away from missing the playoffs?

And the Lakers are 4.5 games away while playing superb basketball?

We'd all like to be 10 games ahead with the division clinched, but they can't all play in the East.

1Parker1
03-14-2008, 01:01 PM
^Good points Findog. Except I don't think the Jazz's road loss record will mean too much in the postseason. Regular season is different than the playoffs, and I think they can win road games in the playoffs...they just beat the Suns in Phoenix when they were down big in the 3rd. Their bigger weakness is lack of a post/interior presence/defender.

jag
03-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Everyone on this boeard said the same shit about FEB & MARCH!!!!

:lol

FLIP THIS SWITCH SPURS!!!!!!!!!!

:lol

http://server.blinkyou.com/popularimages/image_bank/light_switch.jpg

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33729

rAm
03-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Well said FinDog. This season the 16 team playoff would be AWESOME!

Cry Havoc
03-14-2008, 02:10 PM
That leaves the Hornets, who on paper strike me as the most balanced team in the West and one that has the fewest weaknesses. But outside of Peja, they don't have a lot of postseason experience. If postseason experience is as important as people seem to think, then I don't see the Hornets winning the West. But if it's not that important, then they would be my favorites to come out on top.

The Hornets are indeed balanced, but I think the problem is going to be finding consistent scoring out of players not named Paul once the playoffs start and teams begin playing playoff-level defense. The Hornets are definitely loaded, but I just don't see them having the higher gear that teams like the Spurs and Mavericks have when the playoffs roll around. Paul is truly unguardable, but I can't see his teammates being serious forces once the real season begins. Back off on Paul, let him do his damage, and shut down everyone around him.

41times
03-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Pretty much every team in the West has some sort of glaring flaw. The Spurs should still be considered the faves because they have Duncan and they are a poised, veteran team, but we should all give up the pretense that we have any idea how things will shake out.

Lakers - No interior defense without Bynum. I don't see them getting out of the West unless they avoid San Antonio.

Spurs - Lots of aged veterans in the supporting cast who have looked like complete spares at times. Like Obstructed View stated in another thread, it's a good thing that they will be counted on to play smart, disciplined basketball in the postseason instead of outrunning younger, more athletic teams. I still think they're vulnerable because the role players look so weak.

Rockets - I just don't see them as a threat without Yao. They're a very good defensive team, and they are doing an admirable job so far of keeping it together with good, team-oriented play, but they're just too small now to prevail as the Finals representative.

Jazz - This team is just too bad on the road to take seriously. They can look unbeatable one night and like total shit the next, and a lot of it has to do with the up and down play of AK and Mehmet. If they get the top seed, then look out. Otherwise, I'm not afraid of them.

Mavs - Not enough perimeter defense. They'll throw Howard on the other team's best perimeter player late in games, but they've been burned in successive postseasons by Steve Nash, Dwyane Wade and Baron Davis. That more than any fault or failure of Avery Johnson and Dirk Nowitzki is why they keep coming up short.

Dirk Nowitzki is NOT the reason, in fact he is the reason we have a chance to win.

Dirk Nowitzki is again this year one of the Most Clutch Players in the NBA. More clutch than Timmy, more clutch than Ginob, more clutch than Parker.
Check it for yourself.

82games.com released this year's "Crunch Time" stats. Showing, once again, that Dirk is one of the best players in the league in the last 5 mins a game, in scoring, rebounding, and efficiency. All of his numbers and percentages go up in the last 5 mins and overtime.

http://www.82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

Findog
03-14-2008, 02:33 PM
The Hornets are definitely loaded, but I just don't see them having the higher gear that teams like the Spurs and Mavericks have when the playoffs roll around.

That's the thing, we have no idea whether or not they can rise to the occasion because they haven't been collectively tested.

Findog
03-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Dirk Nowitzki is NOT the reason, in fact he is the reason we have a chance to win.

Dirk Nowitzki is again this year one of the Most Clutch Players in the NBA. More clutch than Timmy, more clutch than Ginob, more clutch than Parker.
Check it for yourself.

82games.com released this year's "Crunch Time" stats. Showing, once again, that Dirk is one of the best players in the league in the last 5 mins a game, in scoring, rebounding, and efficiency. All of his numbers and percentages go up in the last 5 mins and overtime.

http://www.82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

I agree his rep as anti-clutch is exaggerated and overblown, but he DID play incredibly poor by his standards in the Warriors series. That series had more pressure than a typical first-round series the closer to the Warriors got to four wins, because Dallas had such a great regular season and had looked utterly dominant for the previous 8 months.