PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bowen has been suspended by the NBA

Pages : [1] 2

Princess Pimp
03-14-2008, 01:44 PM
To add more trouble to your already complicated season:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruce Bowen of the San Antonio Spurs has been suspended one game without pay for striking Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets with his leg, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

Princess Pimp
03-14-2008, 01:45 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=669

Kori Ellis
03-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Confirmed by the Spurs.

Spuradicator
03-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Any suspension for Paul for trying to punch Bruce in the nuts?

timvp
03-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Amazingly lame. :td

ChumpDumper
03-14-2008, 01:51 PM
:lol

Now they should really call up Marcus.

sa_kid20
03-14-2008, 01:52 PM
The NBA must have used the footage from the Hornets broadcast. This is rediculous.

DubMcDub
03-14-2008, 01:53 PM
The NBA must have used the footage from the Hornets broadcast. This is rediculous.

Damn those Hornets and their doctored footage. :rolleyes

crc21209
03-14-2008, 01:56 PM
What a load of bullshit, this is so fucking stupid he didnt even do anything fucking Chris Paul should be suspended too then

bdictjames
03-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Now that Bruce's record is over..

Time for him to focus on getting his 4th championship! GO SPURS GO!

O-Factor
03-14-2008, 01:57 PM
^ Jesus, fucking annoying troll.

The suspension is fucking horrible. The clip Timvp posted clearly shows no wrong doing by Bruce and Paul going for his balls.

ploto
03-14-2008, 01:57 PM
This is a cumulative-effect thing and the fact that what Bowen did was after the whistle. Whether Bowen connected or not does not matter.

timvp
03-14-2008, 01:58 PM
hZNwSC_6H90

Where does Bowen even touch Chris Paul?

Princess Pimp
03-14-2008, 01:59 PM
This is a cumulative-effect thing and the fact that what Bowen did was after the whistle. Whether Bowen connected or not does not matter.

That's correct, Stu Jackson said: "enough is enough!"

sa_kid20
hZNwSC_6H90

Ha i was just about to post that.

DarrinS
The wussification of the NBA is complete.

Bowen is a boy scout compared to the Pistons of the mid 1980's.

Southwest Texas Fan
03-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Bullshit if bowen gets suspended then paul needs to be suspended.

T Park

Oh your so full of shit its unfucking real.

Get fucked.

Princess Pimp
hZNwSC_6H90

The Spurs should have submitted their video as well. but they didn't

Say whatever you want but deep down you know Bowen has gotten away with murder so many times.

crc21209
03-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Princess idiot get out of here this is a Spurs forum jackass troll.

PM5K
That's fucked up, how does the NBA, with all of it's technology, access to unedited video, and access to every angle possible, even the cameras behind the backboards, miss this call?

Bowen clearly did not kick him.

Did anyone at the Spurs even see a video of the same angle posted here?

ChumpDumper
This is a cumulative-effect thing and the fact that what Bowen did was after the whistle. Whether Bowen connected or not does not matter.I agree with the cumulative effect part, not the timing.

~Sweetmelody~
Yikes!

Princess Pimp
The wussification of the NBA is complete.

Bowen is a boy scout compared to the Pistons of the mid 1980's. But we are not in the 80's The NBA has evolved since then.

Those bad boys would not be allowed to to that nowadays.

JamStone
03-14-2008, 02:03 PM
It's bullshit if Chris Paul doesn't also get suspended.

That being said, at least Obstructed View can finally admit Bowen is dirty because he has a suspension.

ploto
03-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Apparently the NBA agrees with me.

If Brent Barry did the exact thing, there would be no suspension. The league has warned Bowen and this was kind of like a final strike.

K-State Spur
03-14-2008, 02:04 PM

Say whatever you want but deep down you know Bowen has gotten away with murder so many times.

Say whatever you want, but unless you (or anybody else) is just completely blinded by hatred of the Spurs, there is absolutely no way you can watch that video and say that he deserved to be suspended for this incident.

Trainwreck2100
03-14-2008, 02:04 PM
All the shit he's done and he gets suspended for that?

GSH
03-14-2008, 02:05 PM
That's correct, Stu Jackson said: "enough is enough!"

LOL... whiny bitch.

"The Suns were irritated by the officiating throughout, drawing four technicals, three in the first half. Coach Mike D'Antoni got one in the first quarter. Grant Hill and Nash drew one apiece in the second. O'Neal got a technical after heaving the ball down the court after drawing his fifth foul with 5:19 left in the third quarter."

Maybe the NBA will outlaw defense altogether, so the Sons won't get their feelings hurt so much.

K-State Spur

If Brent Barry did the exact thing, there would be no suspension. The league has warned Bowen and this was kind of like a final strike.

"Bruce, we're tired of your intense defense. You are now the one player in the league who is not allowed to try to tie up a player rolling on the floor. If you do so, that will be a final strike. You've been warned!"

crc21209
Fuck now what? Finley starts in his place with Udoka & Bowen out? Not only do they fuck us hard in the ass with the schedule but now suspending Bowen. Total Bullshit. Fuck tomorrow, play Manu, Tony, Tim the whole game. lol.

sa_kid20
03-14-2008, 02:06 PM
This is a perfect example of the NBA looking at a guy's reputation instead of looking at what happened. I mean i would think the NBA couldn't possibly that stupid to suspend Bowen for this without his reputation playing a big part.

RonMexico
03-14-2008, 02:06 PM
All the shit he's done and he gets suspended for that?

No one ever said Stu Jackson was a master of interpretation or timely discipline.

T Park
03-14-2008, 02:08 PM
No one ever said Stu Jackson was a master of interpretation or timely discipline.

:rolleyes

There was nothing there.

Thats the point. There was nothing to warrant suspending Bowen over.

Absolute horsecrap.

Princess Pimp
03-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Fuck now what? Finley starts in his place with Udoka & Bowen out? Not only do they fuck us hard in the ass with the schedule but now suspending Bowen. Total Bullshit. Fuck tomorrow, play Manu, Tony, Tim the whole game. lol.

"Championship" teams should be able to go through this and show if they are legit champs.

Not only the Spurs but The Lakers have also a tough stretch:

Fri 14 @ New Orleans
Sun 16 @ Houston
Tue 18 @ Dallas
Thu 20 @ Utah

Phantom
03-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Crap. How will we beat the Pistons? :depressed

ancestron
03-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Totally absurd.

1Parker1
I agree the league probably felt it finally had to do something with Bruce Bowen to send a message. This is like the 5th or 6th complaint on him the past 2 seasons and the league never suspended him before for it.

I do think Bowen tried to do something to Chris there, whether or purpose or incidental who knows? But Duncan also looked like he felt something was going on between those two as he ran up and pushed Bowen out of the way to separate the two. I do think Paul was in the wrong as well as Bowen though in this case.

Still, I've seen worse things to warrant a suspension than that. It does look like Bruce attempted to kick Paul there, by accident or on purpose who knows? My guess is the league saw that and even the attempt warrants a suspension in the league's eye I guess.

Xylus
Whether it was fair or not, I still think the Spurs have enough firepower to beat the Pistons tonight. As much as I really dislike the Pistons, it would be beneficial for everyone else in the West if Detroit won tonight. Unfortunately, a Bowen suspension will likely just fire up the rest of the team, and you'll get the W anyway.

RonMexico
03-14-2008, 02:14 PM

There was nothing there.

Thats the point. There was nothing to warrant suspending Bowen over.

Absolute horsecrap.

Yes, exactly. Stu bought into some SportsCenter hype, watched one angle of the video, looked at Bowen's track record of non-suspensions and figured now was the right time.

It is garbage, but what do you expect from the moron who said Amare and Diaw were "20 to 25 feet" away from their bench when they were a maximum of 10-15 ft.

What Bowen did is simply an "unnatural act" in Stu's mind.

Princess Pimp
03-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Crap. How will we beat the Pistons? :depressed

Even if Bowen and Udoka have had played there was no chance in beating the Pistons...

Xylus
Not only do they fuck us hard in the ass with the schedule but now suspending Bowen. Total Bullshit.
How can you play the victim when every other team in the West has an equally hard schedule to close out the season? The Spurs don't even have the hardest or 2nd hardest remaining schedule, so kindly stuff it.

timvp
If Bowen makes contact at all with Paul, it's after getting hit in the nvts. What male can control their movements seconds after being hit in the man region?

And Paul gets nothing for the Julius Hodge remix or the blatant punch to Bowen's thigh?

Bowen hasn't been "warned" for anything in a long azz time. Has he gotten in trouble at all this season?

YODA
Kori, After seeing the video in slow mo, Im still missing it. What does the NBA say he did?? and what did paul do?? Looks like just a scuffle for a loose ball to me unless im missing something.

DubMcDub
03-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Whether it was fair or not, I still think the Spurs have enough firepower to beat the Pistons tonight. As much as I really dislike the Pistons, it would be beneficial for everyone else in the West if Detroit won tonight. Unfortunately, a Bowen suspension will likely just fire up the rest of the team, and you'll get the W anyway.

The Pistons will probably destroy them. I have no idea what you're thinking.

Phantom
Even if Bowen and Udoka have had played there was no chance in beating the Pistons...

Can you loan us Raja Bell just for tonite? :spin

RonMexico
How can you play the victim when every other team in the West has an equally hard schedule to close out the season? The Spurs don't even have the hardest or 2nd hardest remaining schedule, so kindly stuff it.

Agreed. The Suns have played teams with a combined .570 record since the Shaq trade. And have more games against +.500 teams than the Spurs to close out the season, including away games against Boston and Detroit.

Xylus
The Pistons will probably destroy them. I have no idea what you're thinking.
I'm a Suns fan, so naturally I never, ever underestimate the Spurs.

SpursDynasty
03-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Well, they want to protect their small and short, weaker players and make statements against tougher players bullying on short midgets like Chris Paul...doesn't matter though, the Spurs without Bowen still out-class any team in the league.

And everyone thinks the Hornets won the season series 3-1.

It's 2-2, "NOH running up the score blowouts" or not.

spursrocksocks

I hope so

Holmes_Fans
They should of gotten him for trying to slam Chris' head into the ground

RonMexico
03-14-2008, 02:18 PM
If Bowen makes contact at all with Paul, it's after getting hit in the nvts. What male can control their movements seconds after being hit in the man region?

And Paul gets nothing for the Julius Hodge remix or the blatant punch to Bowen's thigh?

Bowen hasn't been "warned" for anything in a long azz time. Has he gotten in trouble at all this season?

timvp, I'm not trying to be rude here, but you do realize that you're trying to dissect the thought process of the most illogical VP the league has ever seen?

This guy with a career .300 winning percentage as a coach is deciding the outcome of games for winning teams.

DubMcDub
03-14-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm a Suns fan, so naturally I never, ever underestimate the Spurs.

Granted, but it's not at all an underestimation to say that they lose big tonight. Doesn't mean they're "done" or that they won't be a serious force come April, but right now they are blowing hard. And they've lost 2 of their top 8 guys.

timvp
03-14-2008, 02:19 PM
No Bowen, Barry or Udoka versus the Pistons? Uh yeah, that game is pretty much over already.

1Parker1
03-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Man, I blame that Jeff McDonald...why did he HAVE to write an article jinxing Bowen and his 500th career start? :depressed

Kori/Timvp, need to get on this and replace him. :lol

Xylus
03-14-2008, 02:20 PM
I want $2,000,000 in vBookie cash when it turns out I'm right.

PM5K
Shut the fuck up, quit trying to justify the suspension, there is no justification as Bowen did NOTHING.

ancestron
If the same incident had occured between Bowen and some scrub nothing would have ever come of it. But, oh Gosh!! It's Chris Paul!! Big meanie Bruce Bowen tried to use his dirty tactics on our little darling Chris Paul!!! Suspend him!!!

1Parker1
No Bowen, Barry or Udoka versus the Pistons? Uh yeah, that game is pretty much over already.

Plus the Pistons will undoubtably have their "on switch" as they lost by 1 point to the Sixers at home the other night and felt they let one get away. I'm sure they'll see this as a "revenge" game.

loveforthegame
03-14-2008, 02:22 PM

No kidding. Didn't they smoke us at home earlier this year with everyone healthy. No way we beat them tonight.

Pop probably mails it in early and goes with the bench. No reason to ride the big 3 when we have a game tomorrow night.

Princess Pimp

Hey the Spurs still have the "Big 3" and the "enforcer" Thomas...

That should be enough! LOL :lol

timvp
I'll admit it looked like Bowen kicked Paul. But if you actually look at the tape and slow down what happened, you can clearly see that Paul flopped and any contact made between the two was initiated by Paul.

Xylus
hZNwSC_6H90

If you watch the video closely at the 0:51 mark, you can see Bowen plant his hand on Chris Paul's head and push downward. Maybe he did it to steady himself, or maybe he did it maliciously, but either way it was unnecessary.

Princess Pimp
03-14-2008, 02:23 PM
No kidding. Didn't they smoke us at home earlier this year with everyone healthy. No way we beat them tonight.

Pop probably mails it in early and goes with the bench. No reason to ride the big 3 when we have a game tomorrow night.

That's a sign of a loser!!

You never mail it in, you fight to the end...

Obstructed_View

That being said, at least Obstructed View can finally admit Bowen is dirty because he has a suspension.
At least you now have a comeback with some substance.

RonMexico
I'll admit it looked like Bowen kicked Paul. But if you actually look at the tape and slow down what happened, you can clearly see that Paul flopped and any contact made between the two was initiated by Paul.

Again, I doubt Stu looked at this angle.

Bruno
I think it's unfair but I'm not that upset.

I see some positive in that suspension :
- Bowen was due to a suspension one day or another. I rather see it happens during the regular season than during the playoffs. It's kinda reset Bowen "criminal" past.
- Bowen consecutive start streak is over. Pop will now be able to fully rest him during games at the end of the season.

GSH
03-14-2008, 02:24 PM
hZNwSC_6H90

So Bowen deserves the same punishment (for going after a loose ball) that these guys got? Have you seen any of the incidents below? Sorry, but there is no parity here at all.

3/5/08
The NBA suspended Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) for 1 game for his flagrant foul
against Andrei Kirilenko (Uta) during Monday's Dal-Uta game. The flagrant
was also upgraded to a level 2.

2/29/08
The NBA suspended Danny Granger (Ind) for 1 game for hitting Andres
Nocioni (Chi) in the face during Wednesday's Ind-Chi game.

1/1/08
The NBA suspended Lamar Odom (LAL) for 1 game for his flagrant foul on Ray
Allen (Bos) during Sunday's LAL-Bos game.

12/15/07
The NBA suspended Kenyon Martin (Den) for 1 game for his flagrant foul on
Melvin Ely (NO) during Wednesday's Den-NO game. Martin's elbow hit Ely
in the face and resulted in Ely suffering a fractured left eye socket.

12/13/07
The NBA suspended Al Horford (Atl) for 1 game for his flagrant foul on
T.J. Ford (Tor) during Tuesday's Tor-Atl game.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2008, 02:25 PM
David Stern did mention during the summer that he guaranteed that the ratings for the finals would be higher this year. The scheduling and the suspensions now make sense.

Is this the first time a guy has ever been suspended for having a foul committed against him?

PM5K
03-14-2008, 02:25 PM
If you watch the video closely at the 0:51 mark, you can see Bowen plant his hand on Chris Paul's head and push downward. Maybe he did it to steady himself, or maybe he did it maliciously, but either way it was unnecessary.

Open your fucking eyes man, it's already slow-mo and you still can't see what the fuck is going on?

His hand grazed past Pauls head, he never planted his hand on his hear nor did he push it down.

Not only that but whatever contact there was was incidental.

Xylus
03-14-2008, 02:26 PM
I should add that although there appears to be excessive contact, I don't think it warrants a 1-game suspension. Maybe a nice, hefty fine, but suspension is overdoing it. Especially since Chris Paul received no punishment.

Shank
Didn't the Spurs tell the NBA that Bowen had his hands up? HANDS UP = NO FOUL, PEOPLE! Fuck!

JamStone
At least you now have a comeback with some substance.

:lmao

And, now you have absolutely nothing to support your position.

Princess Pimp
David Stern did mention during the summer that he guaranteed that the ratings for the finals would be higher this year. The scheduling and the suspensions now make sense.

Is this the first time a guy has ever been suspended for having a foul committed against him?

What a dumbass, making and looking for excuses...Stop your conspiracy therories...

Obstructed_View
I should add that although there appears to be excessive contact, I don't think it warrants a 1-game suspension. Maybe a nice, hefty fine, but suspension is overdoing it. Especially since Chris Paul received no punishment.

Well, since he ACTUALLY kicked Ray Allen and got fined, I'm really not sure about this, but oh well. Everyone has their pound of flesh now. Bowen's dirty just like you've been saying for years.

timvp
If you watch the video closely at the 0:51 mark, you can see Bowen plant his hand on Chris Paul's head and push downward. Maybe he did it to steady himself, or maybe he did it maliciously, but either way it was unnecessary.That was like one second after getting hit in the nvts. And Bowen supposedly got suspended for "kicking" Paul.

ploto
03-14-2008, 02:27 PM
- Bowen was due to a suspension one day or another. I rather see it happens during the regular season than during the playoffs. It's kinda reset Bowen "criminal" past.

You don't think that once suspended means they are more likely to scrutinize you even more-- as if they have now decided that maybe there is some substance to the claims of dirty play-- like now he can get away with even less.

Xylus
Again:

Obstructed_View
:lmao

And, now you have absolutely nothing to support your position.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that. I bet someone leaked the videotape of Bowen practicing the "phantom kick" in practice to the league. :lol

Cry Havoc
I hope the Spurs come out and play PISSED tonight. The Pistons might be a little lax with the way we've been playing lately. Bury 'em, San Antonio.

freemeat
03-14-2008, 02:28 PM
This may just be a "blessing in disguise" so to speak...the Spurs have been needing something of a spark lately. Even though you can't fault them too much for fatigue due to this ridiculous March schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if the collective team gets fired up and starts taking names!!!

Princess Pimp
03-14-2008, 02:28 PM
I hope the Spurs come out and play PISSED tonight. The Pistons might be a little lax with the way we've been playing lately. Bury 'em, San Antonio. :nope

freemeat
03-14-2008, 02:29 PM
I hope the Spurs come out and play PISSED tonight. The Pistons might be a little lax with the way we've been playing lately. Bury 'em, San Antonio.

EXACTLY!!!

Time to BURY the competition!

Princess Pimp
This may just be a "blessing in disguise" so to speak...the Spurs have been needing something of a spark lately. Even though you can't fault them too much for fatigue due to this ridiculous March schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if the collective team gets fired up and starts taking names!!! :nope

ploto
I should add that although there appears to be excessive contact, I don't think it warrants a 1-game suspension. Maybe a nice, hefty fine, but suspension is overdoing it.
Bowen was fined $10,000 last time and IIRC $7500 in the Wally incident; hence what I mean by cumulative effect.

freemeat
03-14-2008, 02:30 PM
:nope

classless....as always...

sLHcmOkIM0w

Princess Pimp
03-14-2008, 02:31 PM
classless....as always...

sLHcmOkIM0w :nope

Shank

Not a chance, especially on the road. Spurs are dead tonight.

JamStone
Yeah, keep telling yourself that. I bet someone leaked the videotape of Bowen practicing the "phantom kick" in practice to the league. :lol

Your entire argument was based on Bruce never getting suspended. So what can you say now? I'll leave it alone for a few months so you can spend "countless hours" working hard on coming up with your next argument to defend Bruce as not being dirty.

Princess Pimp
03-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Exactly!

DAF86
I know that the bowen suspension is bullsh1t... but please stop the "paul should be suspended too" talk and let him play against the lakers

Princess Pimp
EXACTLY!!!

Time to BURY the competition!
:dizzy :nope

Medvedenko
03-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Hmmm......yup, past history got Bowen suspended....sorry guys, but I know he's not dirty at all.

Princess Pimp
I know that the bowen suspension is bullsh1t... but please stop the "paul should be suspended too" talk and let him play against the lakers

Another team in your division catching up the Spurs in the Standings??

I hope that's not what you would like.

Tek_XX
Isn't there a way to get rid of all the people who don't provide a whole lot of substance to the board except trolling?

MoSpur
03-14-2008, 02:36 PM
I'll agree that Bowen has gotten away with some tactics, but that suspension is lame. Bowen is dirty. No doubt, but this suspension is a surprise to me. Oh well. Nothing you can do. Move on and someone needs to step up.

shelshor
03-14-2008, 02:37 PM
If Chris Paul gets away without being suspened and fined for 3 nut punches on the same play, then the NBA has just given Vince McMahon and the WWE credibility as a legitimate sport

adidas11
I've looked at that video in slo-motion 5 times. And I still can't see what Bowen did wrong that would justify being suspended for a game.

I didn't see any "kick"

I didn't see Bowen taking a swing at Paul, or "placing his hand on his head"

I just don't see it.

Findog

I would hope so but you never know. Spurs could validate the Wounded Tiger Theory tonight. I can easily see that happening.

pad300

Hell, its time to send the league a lesson - IT'S GETTING TOO PUSSY!! And the Pistons are JUST the team to do it with. Ladies and Gentlemen, IT'S 80'S night at the Palace tonight! That's right, it's time for some 1980's style ball. You know the Pistons will boogie on down to playing that way as well. Lets show the league what a real physical ball game means!!! Let there be NO LAYUPS tonight!!!!
:fro

Obstructed_View
03-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Your entire argument was based on Bruce never getting suspended. So what can you say now? I'll leave it alone for a few months so you can spend "countless hours" working hard on coming up with your next argument to defend Bruce as not being dirty.
I'm not sure how Bowen being suspended one time somehow unravels what I've been saying. If the league has been watching him like a hawk for ten years, and he's the dirtiest player in the league, how is this his first suspension? Tomorrow he will have the same number of suspensions as Tim Duncan. :lmao

ancestron
03-14-2008, 02:39 PM
:nope

:jack

Obstructed_View
I've looked at that video in slo-motion 5 times. And I still can't see what Bowen did wrong that would justify being suspended for a game.

I didn't see any "kick"

I didn't see Bowen taking a swing at Paul, or "placing his hand on his head"

I just don't see it.
You weren't looking in the right place. You have to go to the ESPN forums to see what REALLY happened. Pay no attention to the fact that the charge is led by fans of teams that will benefit the most from a Spurs loss.

freemeat

I don't think Spurs fans have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to defending a FEW of Bruce's tactics...the "Wally Kick" basically says it all...

But you have to admit that outside fans have been trying to find fault with him for years, even when he did nothing...like Suns fans bitching about the Stoudemire "kick" last season. He did nothing wrong there, but because of his reputation, that play has garnered added attention.

This suspension is completely unwarranted, though. The video clearly shows that Paul hit him in the nuts and Bowen was only trying to get his legs out (while never connecting)...

DAF86
03-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Exactly!
just as we were dead before the road phoenix game after the sonics

boutons_
03-14-2008, 02:40 PM
ploto plonked!

what a whiny, bitter, little bitch.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2008, 02:41 PM
I don't think Spurs fans have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to defending a FEW of Bruce's tactics...the "Wally Kick" basically says it all...
Even I have no clue what the hell he was thinking for that one.

Findog
03-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Too bad Paul couldn't have been suspended as well.

crc21209
03-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey Princess....:flipoff and get the fuck outta here you have nothing but negative things to say. You damn troll

DAF86
03-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Another team in your division catching up the Spurs in the Standings??

I hope that's not what you would like.
the hornets are a great team but i don't see them as a real contender this year. the only team that i'm really worried about in the WC are the lakers

Xylus
03-14-2008, 02:43 PM
In terms of seeding, I'm glad that Paul didn't get suspended. I hope he roughs up the Lakers tonight.

Findog
03-14-2008, 02:45 PM
In terms of seeding, I'm glad that Paul didn't get suspended. I hope he roughs up the Lakers tonight.

It's at the point now where I don't know who to root for whenever Western playoff teams meet. For a while I was always rooting for the lower-seeded team, but I want Denver and Golden State to start losing in order for us to get some breathing room.

Trainwreck2100
03-14-2008, 02:47 PM
It's at the point now where I don't know who to root for whenever Western playoff teams meet. For a while I was always rooting for the lower-seeded team, but I want Denver and Golden State to start losing in order for us to get some breathing room.

don't you find that a little sad? The Mavs needing breathing room on the bottom eschelon.

Xylus
03-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Lakers are only 2.5 games ahead in our division, and it would be huge for the Suns if we could overtake them. On the same token, a loss for New Orleans would make us only a half-game behind the 5th seed...

I see your point.

mikejones99
fuck you, cp3, hope to cyou in the playoffs

jcrod
Wow they suspend the guy who didn't make any contact. I don't buy the kicking theory either since it wasn't even looking at Chris when his leg went up. It just looks like he's trying to free his leg.

I can still live with them suspending him if they would've suspended Paul.

Xylus
don't you find that a little sad? The Mavs needing breathing room on the bottom eschelon.
You do realize the Mavs are only 2.5 games behind San Antonio? If the Spurs fuck up in the next two weeks, that could easily change.

DazedAndConfused
03-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Stu Jackson = idiot.

If you saw the utter bullshit he suspended Kobe for last season you would have already come to the same conclusions.

Holt's Cat
1ZsWAa3V6zU

That is suspension worthy.

MoSpur
Bowen's history place more of a part in this suspension than the so-called kick. The Wally kick, the Vince Carter foot placing thing, the Ray Allen incident. On and on. I am sure players and coaches have complained to the league over and over about Bruce. It finally caught up to him. Oh well. The Spurs have to go all out tonight.

GSH
Three plays that warranted the same suspension as Bowen just got.

aSDd6DyMprw

1ZsWAa3V6zU

QaZdJzsHeZk

Princess Pimp
03-14-2008, 02:50 PM
just as we were dead before the road phoenix game after the sonics

Before then they were playing cupcakes.

Findog
03-14-2008, 02:50 PM

Considering there's 4 or 5 games between LA and Golden State, and considering we're closer to the 1 seed than we are to being out of the playoffs, no shitbag, I don't find that sad. Last year there was a six-game difference between the top and second seed.

Princess Pimp
03-14-2008, 02:51 PM
You do realize the Mavs are only 2.5 games behind San Antonio? If the Spurs fuck up in the next two weeks, that could easily change.

That will happen no matter what!

Holt's Cat
BXQdOsoM_nc

He would have been suspended for his entire career in today's NBA.

Xylus
Considering there's 4 or 5 games between LA and Golden State, and considering we're closer to the 1 seed than we are to being out of the playoffs, no shitbag, I don't find that sad. Last year there was a six-game difference between the top and second seed.
Checkmate.

DAF86
03-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Before then they were playing cupcakes.
are you calling your team a "cupcake"

Jayem
at least we a prepared excuse for losing tonight

SpursWoman

Well, it's Steak & a Blow Job Day anyway ... at least we all can have something better to do. :lol

JamStone
03-14-2008, 02:53 PM

But you have to admit that outside fans have been trying to find fault with him for years, even when he did nothing...like Suns fans bitching about the Stoudemire "kick" last season. He did nothing wrong there, but because of his reputation, that play has garnered added attention.

I agree with you. I'm just giving Obstructed View a hard time because of his argument and his belief that Bruce isn't that dirty.

I do believe Bruce gets some unwarranted attention because of reputation as it pertains to players and coaches talking. But, I also believe that Bruce has gotten away with a lot of dirty things in the past and his not having had a suspension up until now doesn't mean he hasn't done those things. It means that he hasn't been caught for a lot of those things or he hasn't been suspended accordingly for those things.

This suspension is completely unwarranted, though. The video clearly shows that Paul hit him in the nuts and Bowen was only trying to get his legs out (while never connecting)...

I agree that Bruce should not have been suspended in this case, or at the very least Paul should be suspended as well. But, I don't have the same exact opinion about the video as you and many Spurs fans do.

I like Bruce and his work ethic and willingness to do the little things to help his team win. I don't like some Spurs fans being completely oblivious to how dirty Bruce can be at times and unwilling to admit it. It would be the same with fans of any team. I'd call them out as well.

Trainwreck2100
03-14-2008, 02:55 PM

If you're so close to the number 1 seed root for the lower seeds instead of being a punkass and settling for "breathing room"

timvp
Hopefully the Spurs can use this as some sort of rallying cry. Spurs versus the world.

And hopefully Bowen doesn't let this affect his play at all. If there's a lose ball and Chris Paul is involved, I fully expect him to do the same thing. Maybe next time throw in a couple cheap shots to get his money's worth.

Findog
BXQdOsoM_nc

He would have been suspended for his entire career in today's NBA.

Relevance?

Princess Pimp
03-14-2008, 02:56 PM
are you calling your team a "cupcake"

We are talking about your 11-game winning streak right?

Purple & Gold
03-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Well, it's Steak & a Blow Job Day anyway ... at least we all can have something better to do. :lol

I support SpursWoman :clap :clap

urunobili
03-14-2008, 02:57 PM
damn... this is just UNREAL... CP3 no suspension at all??? wtf is this?

Findog
If you're so close to the number 1 seed root for the lower seeds instead of being a punkass and settling for "breathing room"

All 9 teams are in danger of being the one that will miss the playoffs. It makes perfect sense to root against the teams right below you in the standings. If Timmy misses 5 games with a sprained ankle, the Spurs are suddenly in danger of missing the playoffs. Has nothing to do with being macho. Don't be a fucktard, common sense and rationality aren't hard.

Princess Pimp
at least we a prepared excuse for losing tonight

There is always an excuse no matter what..

Fatigue, back to back, injuries...blah blah blah...

freemeat
03-14-2008, 03:00 PM
I do believe Bruce gets some unwarranted attention because of reputation as it pertains to players and coaches talking. But, I also believe that Bruce has gotten away with a lot of dirty things in the past and his not having had a suspension up until now doesn't mean he hasn't done those things. It means that he hasn't been caught for a lot of those things or he hasn't been suspended accordingly for those things.

I agree that Bruce should not have been suspended in this case, or at the very least Paul should be suspended as well. But, I don't have the same exact opinion about the video as you and many Spurs fans do.

I like Bruce and his work ethic and willingness to do the little things to help his team win. I don't like some Spurs fans being completely oblivious to how dirty Bruce can be at times and unwilling to admit it. It would be the same with fans of any team. I'd call them out as well.

Agreed. :tu

Love Bruce. Love his work ethic and his voice in the community...but some fans (not all) can be in denial when it comes to their team's players.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Relevance?

No surprise you couldn't figure it out.

MoSpur
03-14-2008, 03:03 PM
I wanna hear what Pop has to say. Probably not much.

freemeat
Time to rally the troops!

I like how the "one inch" thing sounds a bit like Pop's "100 blows on the rock" thing...

WO4tIrjBDkk

Holt's Cat
Hopefully the Spurs can use this as some sort of rallying cry. Spurs versus the world.

And hopefully Bowen doesn't let this affect his play at all. If there's a lose ball and Chris Paul is involved, I fully expect him to do the same thing. Maybe next time throw in a couple cheap shots to get his money's worth.

No kidding. Bruce is such a piker.

Trainwreck2100
03-14-2008, 03:04 PM
All 9 teams are in danger of being the one that will miss the playoffs. It makes perfect sense to root against the teams right below you in the standings. If Timmy misses 5 games with a sprained ankle, the Spurs are suddenly in danger of missing the playoffs. Has nothing to do with being macho. Don't be a fucktard, common sense and rationality aren't hard.

Unlike you I'm 100% confident my team will make the PO's. I understand why you have no faith in your team. But there's no way the Spurs miss the playoffs, they're too good for that. And BTW what ifs are for losers.

1Parker1
03-14-2008, 03:05 PM
The funny thing is, the refs were right there at the game live, and didn't even feel the need to warrant a T on either player. Yet the league feels Bowen should have been suspended for that play?

Hopefully this is the thing that propels the Spurs to another ring and fires them up for the rest of the season and playoffs. Chips on their shoulders and all that...

rAm
03-14-2008, 03:08 PM
This is fucking bullshit. The two videos are so CLEARLY different it blows my mind. Spurs better rally and fucking rape the rest of the league from here on out.

I want severe anal pillaging!

1Parker1
03-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Anyone think the suspension would have happened if it was involved with any other player aside from CP3, this year's annoited NBA Golden Boy? :angel

Lebowski Brickowski
03-14-2008, 03:10 PM
I want severe anal pillaging!

Check the back pages of the Current. :cooldevil

DAF86
03-14-2008, 03:10 PM
We are talking about your 11-game winning streak right?
no we're talking about that suns game being similar to today's pistons game

ancestron
03-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Anyone think the suspension would have happened if it was involved with any other player aside from CP3, this year's annoited NBA Golden Boy? :angel

Nope

freemeat
fucking rape

And...queue the Kobe pics...

PhxDog
Which is why Bowen has hit so many guys in the nuts in the past--to draw that retaliation and the ejection and/or suspension that follows.

This is a typical Bowen play; the only difference is Chris Paul playing the Bowen role, with Bowen taking the role of the "chump". If anything, Bowen's rep as an instigator was the only thing that could have saved him from league discipline.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 03:13 PM
When has Bowen hit someone in the junk?

Findog
03-14-2008, 03:14 PM
No surprise you couldn't figure it out.

Rhetorical Question. No surprise you answered it straight. As for your point, oh yes, the NBA is too "pussified" today. It's a total shame a guy like Bill Laimbeer, somebody who genuinely seemed to enjoy intentionally trying to hurt and maim opposing players, couldn't do that playing the Pussy Ball that passes for the NBA now.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Right, because Laimbeer was the only player who played physical in those years.

You answered a rhetorical question yourself. No surprise.

TampaDude
Shit...even with Bowen, the Spurs would lose to the Pistons right now...this just gives them a ready-made excuse. You guys actually think the Spurs are gonna beat the fucking PISTONS...in DETROIT...the way they've been playing recently??? :lol

FromWayDowntown

I fear that this will only encourage more players to complain about Bowen's efforts, even when those efforts aren't dirty in any fashion, and hope that the league comes down hard more frequently. Frankly, this sets a bad precedent in my mind, because I truly believe that almost anything controversial concerning Bowen's play that attains public attention is going to result in a suspension. It's going to be very hard for the league to draw the sorts of fine lines that will be required to ignore this precedent in other instances.

And I think players around the league will know that . . . .

Jayem
03-14-2008, 03:17 PM
When has Bowen hit someone in the junk?
7J2SDouIqtA

bowen should've been suspended for a lot of the previous shit hes done..but not this cp3 incident

Findog
03-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Unlike you I'm 100% confident my team will make the PO's.

If you're 100% sure that your team will suffer no injuries or bad breaks beyond their control, then you're delusional.

I understand why you have no faith in your team.

I understand why you're a fucking retard. Has nothing to do with not "having faith."

But there's no way the Spurs miss the playoffs, they're too good for that.

Assuming they suffer no injuries and begin to play better than they currently are, then you're probably right. There are no certainties in the West this year, which I understand and which your dumbass can't comprehend.

And BTW what ifs are for losers

And arrogant douchebaggery is for Trainwreck2000. Try some humility, I can't for the life of me figure out why you think you're entitled to condescending pretension. You don't come by it naturally.

timvp
03-14-2008, 03:18 PM
I fear that this will only encourage more players to complain about Bowen's efforts, even when those efforts aren't dirty in any fashion, and hope that the league comes down hard more frequently. Frankly, this sets a bad precedent in my mind, because I truly believe that almost anything controversial concerning Bowen's play that attains public attention is going to result in a suspension. It's going to be very hard for the league to draw the sorts of fine lines that will be required to ignore this precedent in other instances.

And I think players around the league will know that . . . .Yeah, the NBA is basically rewarding Paul for flopping. Expect every team to take a fall against Bowen in a playoff series.

ClingingMars
03-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Damn those Hornets and their doctored footage. :rolleyes

Fuck you Mav troll.

-Mars

TampaDude
03-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Hell, its time to send the league a lesson - IT'S GETTING TOO PUSSY!! And the Pistons are JUST the team to do it with. Ladies and Gentlemen, IT'S 80'S night at the Palace tonight! That's right, it's time for some 1980's style ball. You know the Pistons will boogie on down to playing that way as well. Lets show the league what a real physical ball game means!!! Let there be NO LAYUPS tonight!!!!
:fro

WERD...time for some real old-school bump and grind...let's see some blood! :hungry:

Findog
03-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Right, because Laimbeer was the only player who played physical in those years.

You answered a rhetorical question yourself. No surprise.

Whatever point you were trying to make about how the NBA is too soft today was undercut by using him as an example. Laimbeer was one of a select few who actually tried to injure opposing players. Try again.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 03:21 PM
7J2SDouIqtA

bowen should've been suspended for a lot of the previous shit hes done..but not this cp3 incident

One instance. And Nash doesn't know how to defend so it's no surprise he got in the way of Bruce's knee.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Whatever point you were trying to make about how the NBA is too soft today was undercut by using him as an example. Try again.

Not really. Regardless, your favorite team is a perfect example of the softness of today's NBA.

Rique
03-14-2008, 03:23 PM
I think it's unfair but I'm not that upset.

I see some positive in that suspension :
- Bowen consecutive start streak is over. Pop will now be able to fully rest him during games at the end of the season.

I actually kind of agree with you Bruno. Somewhat of a blessing in disguise. Bowen finally gets the suspension that the rest of the fans in the league *cough*Phoenix*cough* have been looking for. (haha I tease, I tease) Anyhow, it kind of resets the mood and clears the plate somewhat. Time for the Spurs to focus on the main goal.

SpursDynasty
03-14-2008, 03:23 PM
I think next time Bowen should kick Chris Paul in the head. Better yet, punch that joker out.

Findog
03-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Not really.

Translation: I just lost the argument.

Regardless, your favorite team is a perfect example of the softness of today's NBA

Ooh! Title smack! The Spurs are the veteran team that knows how to get it done, while the Mavs are soft, pussy chokers. Guess I'll just be a bandwagoning douchebag and change my team allegiance to the Spurs. The Spurs as an organization are entitled to arrogance. You, on the other hand, are clearly not.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Translation: I just lost the argument.

I lost the argument that today's NBA is soft by referencing one of several physical players in NBA history. Whatever makes you feel better, I suppose.

Ooh! Title smack! The Spurs are the veteran team that knows how to get it done, while the Mavs are soft, pussy chokers. Guess I'll just be a bandwagoning douchebag and change my team allegiance to the Spurs. The Spurs as an organization are entitled to arrogance. You, on the other hand, are clearly not.

Not title smack. The Mavs are a mentally soft team.

Unless you are on a NBA roster I suppose you can't hold an opinion either.

Try again.

rAm
03-14-2008, 03:34 PM
there is a pretty heated discussion going on in the comment section of the article on ESPN. Stupid haters, im trying to represent, but could use some help.

Herschel Walker
03-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Im not complaining about the suspension. This is the time of year where championship teams begin to show championship poise and execution. The Spurs have had several times in the past, and if they have it this year it'll soon come to light. If not, they don't deserve to be champions this season. I want to see some poise and control in the face of this adversity.

Findog
03-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I lost the argument that today's NBA is soft by referencing one of several physical players in NBA history. Whatever makes you feel better, I suppose.

You lost the argument that the contemporary NBA is too soft by referencing a player who went beyond playing physical. There's simply no relevance by bringing up Laimbeer. What he did wasn't playing physical, it was intent to injure. If your point is that the NBA has gone too far in cleaning up and sanitizing the game, I might be inclined to agree with you. If you're holding up Bill Laimbeer as Exhibit A for the good ol days when they just "let 'em play," then expect to be called on it.

Not title smack. The Mavs are a mentally soft team.

Maybe so, but you won the geographic lottery by rooting for the Spurs, assuming you grew up in Central Texas and aren't a bandwagoning douchebag.

Unless you are on a NBA roster I suppose you can't hold an opinion either.

No, it just means that the Spurs accomplishments are not your accomplishments.

Try again

Trainwreck2100
03-14-2008, 03:36 PM
If you're 100% sure that your team will suffer no injuries or bad breaks beyond their control, then you're delusional.

I understand why you're a fucking retard. Has nothing to do with not "having faith."

Assuming they suffer no injuries and begin to play better than they currently are, then you're probably right. There are no certainties in the West this year, which I understand and which your dumbass can't comprehend.

And arrogant douchebaggery is for Trainwreck2000. Try some humility, I can't for the life of me figure out why you think you're entitled to condescending pretension. You don't come by it naturally.

If there is an injury there's no championship so I wouldn't give a fuck about the playoffs. Simple as that. Tim Duncan doesn't not make the playoffs, he's Tim Duncan, if he's injured than it's not our year and there is no championship. If you're pissing your pants cause you're afraid for your team, continue to root for the other guy to have home court advantage, that's super. Or maybe have some faith in your fucking team.

Herschel Walker
03-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Im not complaining about the suspension. This is the time of year where championship teams begin to show championship poise and execution. The Spurs have had this several times in the past, and if they have it this year it'll soon come to light. If not, they don't deserve to be champions this season. I want to see some poise and control in the face of this adversity.

Findog
03-14-2008, 03:39 PM
If there is an injury there's no championship so I wouldn't give a fuck about the playoffs. Simple as that. Tim Duncan doesn't not make the playoffs, he's Tim Duncan, if he's injured than it's not our year and there is no championship. If you're pissing your pants cause you're afraid for your team, continue to root for the other guy to have home court advantage, that's super. Or maybe have some faith in your fucking team.

I'm rooting for my team to have as easy a path as possible. If you're saying that you don't care if the Spurs fall to eighth, all that matters is that they simply get in, then your faith in your team borders on the blind.

41times
03-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Then now the Spurs, Jazz and either Lakers or Hornets will all lose tonight.

The race tightens!

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 03:40 PM
You lost the argument that the contemporary NBA is too soft by referencing a player who went beyond playing physical. There's simply no relevance by bringing up Laimbeer. What he did wasn't playing physical, it was intent to injure. If your point is that the NBA has gone too far in cleaning up and sanitizing the game, I might be inclined to agree with you. If you're holding up Bill Laimbeer as Exhibit A for the good ol days when they just "let 'em play," then expect to be called on it.

So the NBA allowed a player who played with "intent to injure" to play. Sure.

Maybe so, but you won the geographic lottery by rooting for the Spurs, assuming you grew up in Central Texas and aren't a bandwagoning douchebag.

Woohoo! As long as I don't have to pay taxes on those lotto winnings.

No, it just means that the Spurs accomplishments are not your accomplishments.

Try again

ROFL. Um, ok.

Trainwreck2100
03-14-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm rooting for my team to have as easy a path as possible. If you're saying that you don't care if the Spurs fall to eighth, all that matters is that they simply get in, then your faith in your team borders on the blind.
I never said that i don't care if they fall to 8th, I said they won't miss the playoffs. So they don't need "breathing room" ala you and your mavs.

Gino
03-14-2008, 03:46 PM
He deserved it.

Bruce Bowen did a lot more to get suspended than Amare Stoudemire or Boris Diaw.

Be happy this isn't the playoffs.

freemeat
03-14-2008, 03:48 PM
He deserved it.

Dumb.

Bruce Bowen did a lot more to get suspended than Amare Stoudemire or Boris Diaw.

Wrong.

Be happy this isn't the playoffs.

Agreed.

GrandeDavid
03-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Chris Paul kicked him in the package first, that little shit.

GrandeDavid
03-14-2008, 03:50 PM
And there goes Bruce's consecutive games started streak. Bush league shit.

Budkin
03-14-2008, 03:51 PM
oh well at least it aint the playoffs...

tlongII
03-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Bowen is such a bitch. He kicked Paul in the chest. It's obvious.

Findog
03-14-2008, 03:53 PM
So the NBA allowed a player who played with "intent to injure" to play. Sure.

If you think Laimbeer didn't set out to hurt guys, then I can't help you. I'm saying he got away with cheapshots and dirty play that went way over the line for a long time, and part of the reason today's NBA is "too soft" is because of the legacy of the Bad Boys Pistons and other teams. You clearly don't think through the implications of such sloppy debating points as posting a Laimbeer highlights video from youtube.

ROFL. Um, ok

Sorry, but losing an argument and then resorting to "your team sucks" as a last resort is pretty weak sauce. The Spurs have a bigger trophy case than the Mavericks? Thanks for the info, now I don't have to look it up on Wikipedia.

Findog
03-14-2008, 03:54 PM
I never said that i don't care if they fall to 8th, I said they won't miss the playoffs. So they don't need "breathing room" ala you and your mavs.

Every team benefits when those closest to them in the standings lose. Think the Spurs mind if the Hornets and Jazz lose? You're an idiot.

Cherry
03-14-2008, 03:55 PM
:wakeup

remingtonbo2001
03-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Did anyone see Bowen pushing Paul's face as his head hit the court? Then Paul's head bounced upward. It was following the second nut shot. I wonder if that was the violation? Personally, if Bowen is being suspended, then Paul should recieve an equal suspension.

ThomasGranger
03-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Bowen is such a bitch. He kicked Paul in the chest. It's obvious.

Go fuck yourself, tlongII. Your team is headed for the lottery so you don't have a dog in this fight.

GrandeDavid

I couldn't agree more.

dreamcastrocks
Still, I've seen worse things to warrant a suspension than that. It does look like Bruce attempted to kick Paul there, by accident or on purpose who knows? My guess is the league saw that and even the attempt warrants a suspension in the league's eye I guess.

Yep, a thrown punch/kick, even if it doesn't connect automatically warrants a one game suspension.

dreamcastrocks
03-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Did anyone see Bowen pushing Paul's face as his head hit the court? Then Paul's head bounced upward. It was following the second nut shot. I wonder if that was the violation? Personally, if Bowen is being suspended, then Paul should recieve an equal suspension.

I saw that and wondered the exact same thing. I think that Paul should be fine, and Bowen suspended.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 04:03 PM
If you think Laimbeer didn't set out to hurt guys, then I can't help you. I'm saying he got away with cheapshots and dirty play that went way over the line for a long time, and part of the reason today's NBA is "too soft" is because of the legacy of the Bad Boys Pistons and other teams. You clearly don't think through the implications of such sloppy debating points as posting a Laimbeer highlights video from youtube.

I'm guessing the league was able to review game video in the late 1980s.

Sorry, but losing an argument and then resorting to "your team sucks" as a last resort is pretty weak sauce. The Spurs have a bigger trophy case than the Mavericks? Thanks for the info, now I don't have to look it up on
Wikipedia.

:baby

And since Wikipedia allows anyone in the world to write about any subject you know you are receiving the best possible information.

boutons_
03-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Maybe the adversity of having a starter suspended so unjustly, having his 500-game streak broken administratively, politically, will start to bring the Spurs out of their lethargy.

Findog
03-14-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm guessing the league was able to review game video in the late 1980s.

You guess, huh? Did Kevin McHale get suspended for his clothesline on Kurt Rambis? Yes or No. Would Kevin McHale get suspended for clotheslining Kurt Rambis if that happened today? Yes or No.

Just some friendly advice, but when you're in a hole, it's in your best interests to stop digging.

Findog
03-14-2008, 04:11 PM
And of course Jason Terry punching Michael Finley in the nuts was just good, hard playoff basketball and evocative of a simpler time when the refs just "let' em play," according to Holt's Cat.

hater
03-14-2008, 04:12 PM
holy shit what a flop by CP3. He should go into showbiz

DarrinS
03-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Rhetorical Question. No surprise you answered it straight. As for your point, oh yes, the NBA is too "pussified" today. It's a total shame a guy like Bill Laimbeer, somebody who genuinely seemed to enjoy intentionally trying to hurt and maim opposing players, couldn't do that playing the Pussy Ball that passes for the NBA now.

See. Someone gets it.

EDIT> Oh, were you being sarcastic? My bad.

bigfan
03-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Well that is pure BS, Bowen is a clean player.

tlongII
03-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Spurs fans are pathetic when it comes to Bruce Effing Bowen. Every NBA fan outside of San Antonio absolutely LOATHES that ass clown. He should be banned from the league for a minimum of one YEAR!

T Park
03-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Spurs fans are pathetic when it comes to Bruce Effing Bowen. Every NBA fan outside of San Antonio absolutely LOATHES that ass clown. He should be banned from the league for a minimum of one YEAR!

Adios, you've been relegated to the ignore list.

DarrinS
03-14-2008, 04:59 PM
:baby

His middle name is Effing?

Flight3107
03-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Bruce Bowen would never intentionally kick another player.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Gay...

spursfan09
03-14-2008, 05:02 PM

yeah too bad he didn't against your precious suns :lol

Why are we all tripping. Yeah it ended his streak, but at least he is not suspended for a playoff game. And to be honest I was tired of all these people talking so much shit about bowen being dirty. Now they can all just STFU and realize the league told him to cool it.

Oh and Bruce was retaliating because Paul was trying to kick him there down there. you know. So how is that not dirty?

T Park
03-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Bruce Bowen would never intentionally kick another player.

get out of the first round, then you will have troll material.

T Park
03-14-2008, 05:03 PM
And to be honest I was tired of all these people talking so much shit about bowen being dirty. Now they can all just STFU and realize the league told him to cool it.

*hands poster a paper towel*

You need to wash the sap off your forehead.

td4mvp21
03-14-2008, 05:10 PM

CavsSuperFan
03-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Any word yet on Tony Parkers suspension for kneeing Chris Paul in the head when he was on the ground?

Spurs Brazil
03-14-2008, 05:24 PM
This is a big BS

Fuck the NBA

Bowen consecutive start streak is over. Pop will now be able to fully rest him during games at the end of the season.

Agree

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-14-2008, 05:27 PM
well Bowen can think about how to shoot the ball again during this time off

Dex
03-14-2008, 05:29 PM
I blame Jeff McDonald. :pctoss

T Park
03-14-2008, 05:30 PM

Genius :tu

polandprzem
03-14-2008, 05:31 PM
All those years I've been watching NBA I do not remember more lame situation than this.

Anybody else remember such lame suspension?

duncan228
03-14-2008, 05:32 PM
This is slap the Spurs needed.
They got pissed after the Horry/Suns shit, they'll be really pissed after this.

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-14-2008, 05:36 PM
This is slap the Spurs needed.
They got pissed after the Horry/Suns shit, they'll be really pissed after this.

you think the Spurs were pissed that the NBA suspended Amare and Diaw? :lol

td4mvp21
03-14-2008, 05:40 PM

Yeah, I know, his 2 shots a game fucking kill the offense when he doesn't make them!

SpurAddict561
03-14-2008, 05:42 PM
wow I never noticed CP3 hit him in the family jewels.

that's some BS...wtf

Phantom
03-14-2008, 05:43 PM
All those years I've been watching NBA I do not remember more lame situation than this.

Anybody else remember such lame suspension?

Well I thought Kobe kind of had that clothesline coming to him... :blah

T Park
03-14-2008, 05:44 PM
I blame Jeff McDonald. :pctoss

He suspended Bowen?

WildcardManu
03-14-2008, 05:44 PM
fuck, shit ass, bitch cunt, motherfucker Paul

PM5K
03-14-2008, 05:45 PM
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6025/brucebowendefensesg4.jpg

T Park
03-14-2008, 05:45 PM

Uh they got pissed Horry got suspended for 2 games dumbass.

PM5K
03-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Uh they got pissed Horry got suspended for 2 games dumbass.

Umm, no they didn't.

They traded Horry for Amare and Diaw, a trade they'd make any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

vander
03-14-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't like what bowen did there, he hardly looked like he was going after the ball, he was too worried about wrapping his legs around CP3, acting like CP had no right to be laying on the ground right where he wanted to put his foot, so he was going to put his foot there anyways :devil

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Umm, no they didn't.

They traded Horry for Amare and Diaw, a trade they'd make any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

exactly, looks like all that fat is starting to clog Tparks brain too

Horry was probably the happiest of the 3, biggest contribution be made last season

duncan228
03-14-2008, 05:51 PM

No, they were pissed Horry got suspended.

And then they thrived on being the bad boys.

duncan228
03-14-2008, 05:55 PM

I agree that the "trades" on suspensions worked on the Spurs favor.

But, the Spurs were still pissed that Horry got any suspension, much less 2 games to their 1.

It worked as a slap then, the same way I think the Bowen suspension will now.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-14-2008, 05:55 PM
The league sucks,

they only suspended him because they relented to all the "complaints" about him being dirty, and it's a type of Make-up for suspension to validate the complaints about Bruce as a "dirty player" that the little bitches he defends argue about.
So now they've chosen a stupid scuffle attempt to a get a jumpball!

Fucking LAME.

CP is a little bitch, who's been complaining about the Spurs calls the last two games.

Agloco
03-14-2008, 05:58 PM

Your statement argues that Bowen's actions didn't warrant a suspension. Yet here he is suspended. It's that sort of logic that gotten the league into some hot water in the recent past.

Either it is a suspendable offense, or it's not. You can't go around and suspend this guy but not that one like it's some kind of "three strikes" game. It can have potentially serious playoff implications and it's entirely too subjective as evidenced by your belief that this is not a suspendable offense.

DazedAndConfused
03-14-2008, 05:59 PM
As far as Bowen goes this one was long overdue. I don't care if he didn't deserve it on this particular play, he most certainly deserved it for all the shit he's pulled in his entire damn career. I for one am glad he won't be making his 501th start.

Karma's a bitch, be glad this ain't the playoffs.

rasho8
03-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Bowen pisses people off because he owns them on the court defensively.

I don't think he intentionally kicked him in the head, you can see his eyes and hands follow the ball the entire time, it wasn't like Terry';s nut-punch of Kobe's clotheslining defenders.

It doesn't really matter in the long run because Bowen will come back ticked off and REALLY piss people off on the defensive end. Cant wait to see Gay Allen start throwing fits in the Finals. Going to be great.

mojorizen7
03-14-2008, 06:13 PM
At least now after this 1 game suspension, the league has set a precedence on what they define as "suspension worthy" in relation to Bowen's tactics. From this day forward, any crap he pulls will be dealt with and not "ignored."
Suspensions are like DUI's......once you get one, you're in their fucking club.The NBA will be watching his extra-curricular horseshit closely and you don't want to get another one because the penalty will be worse regardless of the situation....warranted or not.
Bowen may have to change up a few things from here on out.
NICE.

Agloco
03-14-2008, 06:18 PM
At least now after this 1 game suspension, the league has set a precedence on what they define as "suspension worthy" in relation to Bowen's tactics. From this day forward, any crap he pulls will be dealt with and not "ignored."
Suspensions are like DUI's......once you get one, you're in their fucking club.The NBA will be watching his extra-curricular horseshit closely and you don't want to get another one because the penalty will be worse regardless of the situation....warranted or not.
NICE.

If going after a loose ball and getting punched in the nuts as a reward is suspension worthy, then well.........ok

Is Kobe done drying out on Raja's clothesline yet?

Brutalis
03-14-2008, 06:20 PM

Or, you could just save us the trouble and kill yourself.

Brutalis
03-14-2008, 06:32 PM
http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/coreimages/digital+art/66736_1453_by_timcn.jpg
That's a beautiful picture of Canada.

kidding, dont get hard over it :)

SouthernFried
03-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Bowen pisses people off because he owns them on the court defensively.

I don't think he intentionally kicked him in the head, you can see his eyes and hands follow the ball the entire time, it wasn't like Terry';s nut-punch of Kobe's clotheslining defenders.

It doesn't really matter in the long run because Bowen will come back ticked off and REALLY piss people off on the defensive end. Cant wait to see Gay Allen start throwing fits in the Finals. Going to be great.

I read through all 10 pages, and this one prolly nails it better than any other.

Bowen pisses people off cuz he's in their shirts from the moment they cross halfcourt. Everyone hates him, not because he's dirty...he aint. But because he's just the biggest pain in the ass in the NBA. The whining affects the NBA because it's so persistent...and from every team/fan in the league. Whether or not Bowen is dirty is irrelevant, it's a response to the fans.

That is the NBA. A business first.

Nothing Pop says, nothing other teams do, not even a chance to repeat...will be a bigger motivator for the Spurs players than this.

And I was just about to throw the season in the toilet :)

thanks

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-14-2008, 06:44 PM
paul is dirty. He punched Julius Hodge in the nuts in college

MannyIsGod
03-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Eh, whatever. This Spurs team needs a fire lit right about now and they need to play with a chip on their shoulder. I do think its bullshit that only Bowen got suspended, but I really can't sit here and play the he didn't make contact card. That shit doesn't fly. We all know Bruce pushes the envelope and we all know that if it was an opposing player doing that shit to Manu we'd be calling for his ass.

I love Bruce, and I don't care what any other NBA fan says they'd fucking love him on their team.

P.S. Can we limit Tpark to 10 posts a day? He makes Spurs fans look bad. Really bad.

ploto
03-14-2008, 06:48 PM
You're just mad because he's better than Tony.

And no- this incident was about Bowen 's reputation and not to whom he did it. But as I said before, he only does this to great players.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2008, 06:48 PM
I agree with you. I'm just giving Obstructed View a hard time because of his argument and his belief that Bruce isn't that dirty.

I'm actually not shocked that Bowen got suspended, particularly given the groundswell against him any time he's involved in anything. His biggest problem in my opinion is his inability to just disengage and walk away, which is why he got popped for going after Ray Allen, and why he got dinged today. Everybody knows that he could have stepped away.

What shocks me greatly is that Paul didn't even get fined, nor has there been a single mention of Paul having hit him.

MannyIsGod
03-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Why does that shock you? The NBA community love Chris Paul. They hate Bowen. Pretty standard if you ask me.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2008, 06:50 PM
NICE.
Since Kobe threw an elbow at Kyle Korver the game after he hit Godan Giricek and didn't get suspended for it, I somehow doubt your logic.

ClingingMars
03-14-2008, 06:51 PM

ROFLMAO

biggest bullshit of the thread.

-Mars

Obstructed_View
03-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Why does that shock you? The NBA community love Chris Paul. They hate Bowen. Pretty standard if you ask me.
You have a point. PTI and ATH both talked about Bowen and how dirty he is, but had a segment dedicated to how great Chris Paul is and whether he's the MVP. They also each had a segment talking about how dismal a Spurs/Pistons finals would be and what a terrible thing it would be for the league and the viewers.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2008, 06:54 PM

And no- this incident was about Bowen 's reputation and not to whom he did it. But as I said before, he only does this to great players.
Why are you such a cunt? Is it because the Spurs traded away Rasho or because nobody misses him? Or is it just because you are so disliked that you spend your time trolling on the message board of a team that doesn't have any players of the nationality you prefer?

timvp
03-14-2008, 06:55 PM
I do think its bullshit that only Bowen got suspended, but I really can't sit here and play the he didn't make contact card. That shit doesn't fly. We all know Bruce pushes the envelope and we all know that if it was an opposing player doing that shit to Manu we'd be calling for his ass.I seriously see nothing suspension worthy in the video. Where was the unnatural contact? It was a scrum for a loose ball ... and even then, Paul made most of the contact.

And for the record, I said that Bowen should have been suspended last year when he stuck his foot under Jamal Crawford. I've called Bowen out for going overboard in his dirty play. I also said it was BS that Kobe got suspended for accidentally hitting Manu. So it's not like I'm just homering out in this case. I seriously don't see anything in the clip that makes this suspension worthy. Out of everything Bowen did, this was by far the tamest.

Suspend Bowen for putting his foot under shooters, kneeing Nash in the nvts or kicking Wally in the face? Okay, I can understand. Suspend Bowen for going for a loose ball and having his nvts punched? Uh, what?

:dizzy

Chris Childs
03-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Bruce Blowen should be banned from the NBA. He is dirty if not tacky and clumsy. He intentionally kicked Chris Paul in the head and tried to act like nothing happened. Fuck a bruce bowen and fucka the spurs...bunch of dirty pricks!

Spurminator
03-14-2008, 06:56 PM
What a load of bullshit. The NBA caved.

Stu Jackson has balls made of Jell-o.

Phantom
03-14-2008, 06:57 PM
If going after a loose ball and getting punched in the nuts as a reward is suspension worthy, then well.........ok

Is Kobe done drying out on Raja's clothesline yet?

Bruce got punched in the nuts? OMG why didn't Paul get suspended?!?!?