PDA

View Full Version : Deshawn Stevenson

stretch
03-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Just started some more fire between the Wizards and Cavs by talking shit about Lebron. This coming, AFTER getting their asses beat by Lebron 2 straight years in the playoffs. What a fuckin moron...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted at 12:33 AM ET, 03/14/2008
DeShawn's had enough
Well, it took several seasons but finally a player has emerged who is sick and tired of polishing the statue that has become LeBron James. His name is DeShawn Stevenson and tonight he not only helped the Wizards beat the Cavaliers 101-99, he then added some flame to an already hot rivalry with some choice words for the boy King.

Stevenson, who finished with 13 points, five assists and three steals, engaged in trash talk with James and Damon Jones all night long. At the end of the first quarter, after James missed a layup while he was defended closely by Stevenson, James starting barking in Stevenson's direction. I was sitting at the press table not all that far from James but couldn't make out his exact words because the crowd at the VC was actually loud for once but they weren't friendly.

Stevenson wasn't backing down.

Afterward, he talked about how the Cavs tried to punk the Wizards and how he's tired of it.
"I was just trying to get up under his skin and make him think about me playing, competing and talking trash. I played with Raja Bell in Utah and I take a lot of things from him. He's a great defender. Sometimes you gotta do that with those guys. Those guys play guys that are scared of them all day so sometimes, you gotta get under their skin and talk some trash and tonight, I tried to do that."

On the Cavs attitude: "They beat us two years in a row (in the playoffs) and last year, they gave us a spanking you know, so they have that swagger. When they walk into our gym they feel like they are at home so we have to take that away from them. We've got to stop playing around with them, laughing and joking because we know those guys. We have to take those guys serious."

DeShawn was obviously holding back in that session with reporters around his locker. When he was leaving the building, Mike Lee was chatting him up and mentioned LeBron again. DeShawn has obviously heard enough of that.

"He's overrated," DeShawn told Mike. "And you can say I said that."

Wow. Bet the King won't like that one. Here's hoping that the Wiz manage to jump ahead of Toronto and grab that fifth spot so these teams meet again.

The other story of the night, of course, was Caron Butler who returned to the lineup and finished with 19 points, six rebounds and a steal plus four turnovers in over 41 minutes. Afterward, Butler said he was fatigued in the second half but had no discomfort in the hip. As you may know, he is celebrating his 28th birthday tonight.

Butler clearly gave this team and the crowd a much-needed boost of energy or Eddie Jordan would call it: "Tough Juice." He had some issues defensively as Sasha Pavlovic scored 10 first quarter points on him but his offensive game was solid and generally looked good.

"I've been playing this game for a while now and I know that after a month off, fatigue would set in," Butler said. "I had the momentum in my favor early on, and Coach said I am going to go to you, so attack and be aggressive. I decided that while I was fresh, I was going to be aggressive as possible."

LeBron on the last shot: "I felt good about the shot. I wanted to win. I didn't want to go to overtime. I went for the win. I missed. I'm human."

He also didn't like getting knocked to the ground by Brendan Haywood late in the game. The foul wasn't all that bad but James reacted as if Big Brendan crushed him. He had that scowl he gets and he was looking at the ref like the guy forgot to mow his lawn or something. If you remember, Brendan gave out a similar hard foul in the playoffs during the 2006 series. For a guy who always talks about how he played football in high school, LeBron sure doesn't like contact.

As for the last possession, Eddie elected to not double team LeBron as I suggested he do in my pre-game blog. I asked Eddie about it again after the game and his answer was good: "I wanted to call a timeout and switch places with you," Eddie said.
Me: "I would've doubled him."
Eddie: "You would've doubled him and Damon Jones would've hit a three."

The media room got a kick out of that one but on this night, I have to give it up to Eddie and the Wizards. It worked and they won.

JamStone
03-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Good for DeShawn. But, who cares really?

Why is it so irreverent to speak badly about LeBron? Even if Stevenson is wrong and is stupid for making his comments, who cares?

There should be more shit talk among players in the NBA. The league is soft as it is. More shit talk, less hugs and daps.

stretch
03-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Stevenson is a fuckin moron. He got his ass completely handed to him last year in the playoffs by Lebron. They got swept, and he shot a whopping 19 percent or something like that.

Stevenson better hope they don't meet the Cavs in the playoffs because after they get mercilessly swept once again, you can bet his ass will be shipped out of Washington.

stretch
03-14-2008, 03:55 PM

Why is it so irreverent to speak badly about LeBron? Even if Stevenson is wrong and is stupid for making his comments, who cares?

There should be more shit talk among players in the NBA. The league is soft as it is. More shit talk, less hugs and daps.
I don't mind shit talking one bit. But when its someone that is a no-name to half the fans of basketball, talking about arguably the best player in the game, after getting their asses kicked by him MULTIPLE times, and only getting 1 measly two point victory... he just needs to keep quiet.

Flopper
03-14-2008, 03:57 PM
meh....who cares.

JamStone
03-14-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't mind shit talking one bit. But when its someone that is a no-name to half the fans of basketball, talking about arguably the best player in the game, after getting their asses kicked by him MULTIPLE times, and only getting 1 measly two point victory... he just needs to keep quiet.

It don't matter if it's a no-name or not. That makes it more amusing. At least he's a starter on an NBA team. Fans talk more shit than anyone, and they don't even play in the league. To me, anyone can talk shit and it's fine. At least the Wizards beat the Cavs last night and Stevenson actually did outplay LeBron in the game. Let him talk. He and the Wizards will get pounded by LeBron the next time they play.

stretch
03-14-2008, 04:05 PM
It don't matter if it's a no-name or not. That makes it more amusing. At least he's a starter on an NBA team. Fans talk more shit than anyone, and they don't even play in the league. To me, anyone can talk shit and it's fine. At least the Wizards beat the Cavs last night and Stevenson actually did outplay LeBron in the game. Let him talk. He and the Wizards will get pounded by LeBron the next time they play.
Actually, he didn't outplay him by any means. He might have done a solid defensive job, but thats about it.

He can talk all he wants, but its only going to hurt his team. That's why the desicion is stupid. It's not like he will have an effect on a playoff series the way Lebron can. If he is not on that level, for his team's sake, and his own sake, he should just keep quiet. Not a smart decision.

Kriz-Maxima
03-14-2008, 04:12 PM
He only said Lebron was overrated. He didnt say he was a bad player or anything.

And i agree with Jam the league is too soft and there is too much love among the player, if this get the competitive juices flowing, welcome.

stretch
03-14-2008, 04:16 PM
He only said Lebron was overrated. He didnt say he was a bad player or anything.

Still not exactly something an opposing player likes to hear. Especially one of the caliber of Lebron James.

And i agree with Jam the league is too soft and there is too much love among the player, if this get the competitive juices flowing, welcome.
I have no problem with that whatosever.

MrChug
03-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Stevenson has seemed to have a big head (okay, LITERALLY too) after hitting those few game winners a while back. Speaking of "back"...he'd better watch his :devil

The Nba Is Rigged
03-14-2008, 05:58 PM
I love what Stevenson did, he probably knows in his mind that Lebron is better than him but still he isn't scared of him. I've always liked to see when a person stands up to the bully, Props to Stevenson but if they meet in the playoffs he better be ready to back it up.

FromWayDowntown
03-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Plus, that beard is really a thing to behold.

LakeShow
03-14-2008, 06:32 PM
I have to say that I like it too! The NBA is lacking rivalries between players now a days. If anything it fires him up when he goes against Lebron in the future. MJ and John Starks had a rivalry as such and it made for some great basketball. Sure John would never stop MJ but MJ had his hands full with starks as well. Starks had some of his better games in his career vs. MJ. Should be fun to watch when they meet.

bdictjames
03-14-2008, 06:33 PM
I always thought Stevenson copied his same exact jumpshot from Lebron, that's why he's so good at shooting now. Was his shot always like that?

BonnerDynasty
03-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Love this Stevenson guy. His beard is great.

Fuck Lebroom and his wannabe Leonidas fuzz, attention whore tendencies, wannabe like mike ass.

RonMexico
03-14-2008, 11:55 PM
I said it here first: stretch is overrated at creating threads.

johngateswhiteley
03-15-2008, 01:52 AM

Why is it so irreverent to speak badly about LeBron? Even if Stevenson is wrong and is stupid for making his comments, who cares? The league is soft as it is...less hugs and daps.

agree 100%

Findog
03-15-2008, 01:55 AM

He played great against us. So did the Warriors of course. The key to beating the Mavs is growing facial hair. The beard hairs allow you to hit wild, off-balance three pointers at will.

KidCongo
03-15-2008, 05:25 AM

little bitch haha

stretch
03-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Fuck you.

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
03-15-2008, 12:17 PM
look, just look

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g65/promove/gifs/gaygaygay.gif

hater
03-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Lebron talks shit to wizards bench all the time.

their last meeting Lebron talked shit to the bench before the final play that he was gonna make a 3 a beat their asses. Well, he shot a 3 but missed.

Stevenson is a great defender and why can't he talk shit back?

hater
03-16-2008, 07:15 PM

he made a 20k bet with gooden

endrity
03-16-2008, 07:27 PM
look, just look

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g65/promove/gifs/gaygaygay.gif

what???? is this real?

Kriz-Maxima
03-16-2008, 07:35 PM
SNL

SenorSpur
03-16-2008, 11:05 PM
I don't mind this at all. Props to Deshawn for not worshipping King James. This league needs at bit more "piss and vinegar" between rival teams. Way too much touchy feely, nice comments and all. Of course, I disagree with him calling LeBron overrated.