PDA

View Full Version : The Incredible Hulk

desflood
03-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Starring... Edward Norton?

http://incrediblehulk.marvel.com/

At any rate, it has to be better than that piece of crap that came out a few years ago!

Medvedenko
03-14-2008, 04:25 PM
I liked the ang lee version...this one looks pretty good as well.

curtismedellin
03-14-2008, 04:43 PM
That freakin' rocks!!!

BigZak
03-14-2008, 04:51 PM
that looks like a lot of fucking fun, it's on THE LIST. and ed norton's a great actor too...no bill bixby...but great!

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I miss Lou.

inconvertible
03-15-2008, 12:24 AM
i see that they are using the music from the series.......but it still seemd a bit corny.

tp2021
03-17-2008, 05:43 PM
i see that they are using the music from the series.......but it still seemd a bit corny.

all comic book movies have to be a little campy...its the rules

DarkReign
03-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Ah, The Abomination. We'll see...

dickface
03-17-2008, 09:16 PM
that shit looks even more retarded than the crappy first movie.

bill bixby's cancer-ridded dead dirty bones are rolling in his grave.

MajorMike
03-17-2008, 10:52 PM
I love Tim Roth

Trainwreck2100
03-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Ah, The Abomination. We'll see...

They dont call him Abomination

v2freak
03-18-2008, 02:47 AM
Marvel is even more desperate than I thought. Making movies for every franchise is one thing, re-making movies for characters that just came out though...

Trainwreck2100
03-18-2008, 02:53 AM
Marvel is even more desperate than I thought. Making movies for every franchise is one thing, re-making movies for characters that just came out though...

Just shows you how bad the hulk was

ATRAIN
03-18-2008, 08:05 AM
Looks ok, but I feel they might just need to put this movie to rest.

peewee's lovechild
03-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Ang Lee's Hulk was pretty good.

Eric Bana was pretty damn good as Bruce, and you just can't go wrong with Jennifer Conelly.

fraga
03-18-2008, 09:20 AM
I think I like the new direction they're going as far as the storyline goes....however...I can't help but notice they went the CGI cartoony looking Hulk route which I hated from the first movie...I'm wondering if a Mr.Hyde from A League of Extraordinary Gentlemen would have worked or looked better...

peewee's lovechild
03-18-2008, 09:29 AM
I think I like the new direction they're going as far as the storyline goes....however...I can't help but notice they went the CGI cartoony looking Hulk route which I hated from the first movie...I'm wondering if a Mr.Hyde from A League of Extraordinary Gentlemen would have worked or looked better...

I have to agree on your cgi comment on the first Hulk and ALOEG.

But, I thought the storyline of the first Hulk was pretty damn good.

Watching the trailer for the new Hulk movie . . . I'm having doubts about how realistic the Hulk and Abomination will look.

I'll still go watch the movie, though.

leemajors
03-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Ang Lee's Hulk was pretty good.

Eric Bana was pretty damn good as Bruce, and you just can't go wrong with Jennifer Conelly.
it was horrible. bana was horrible.

peewee's lovechild
03-18-2008, 09:35 AM
it was horrible. bana was horrible.

No way.

He's a damn good actor and he played that role perfectly.

Sam Elliott and Nick Nolte were also great in that movie.

I think what did that movie in was the slow pace and the cgi.

Lee could have put some more action in the movie, but it was a movie that introduced the Hulk concept. It was going to be a little slow regardless of anything else.

leemajors
03-18-2008, 10:07 AM
it was cool when he was smashing stuff. the multiple screen shots were stupid. you liked it because connelly was hot, but not naked. this should have frustrated you. the best thing about the movie was my friend saying : " I guess you don't want to make him ANGLEE"

peewee's lovechild
03-18-2008, 10:27 AM
it was cool when he was smashing stuff. the multiple screen shots were stupid. you liked it because connelly was hot, but not naked. this should have frustrated you. the best thing about the movie was my friend saying : " I guess you don't want to make him ANGLEE"

:lol :lol

I kinda like the multiple screen shots.

It gave the movie a comic book feel.

ATRAIN
03-18-2008, 10:39 AM
:lol :lol

I kinda like the multiple screen shots.

It gave the movie a comic book feel.

Thats how I felt about it. The Story sucked balls and was its ultimate downfall. Hulk story sucked, Ghost rider was horrible and Cage was no Johnny Blaze. Elektra was the worst comic movie ever. Jane was a good Punisher but the story was weak.

peewee's lovechild
03-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Thats how I felt about it. The Story sucked balls and was its ultimate downfall. Hulk story sucked, Ghost rider was horrible and Cage was no Johnny Blaze. Elektra was the worst comic movie ever. Jane was a good Punisher but the story was weak.

I don't think the story sucked at all.

I really liked the way they worked Nick Nolte into the movie.

ATRAIN
03-18-2008, 11:05 AM
I don't think the story sucked at all.

I really liked the way they worked Nick Nolte into the movie.

The whole chameleon type power was stupid. The whole fight scene with the dogs was bad ass though.

CuckingFunt
03-18-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm intrigued by Norton's Hulk because he wrote it, and because I've always like Edward Norton and Tim Roth.

However, Norton's having big enough fights with Marvel that he has either threatened or is considering removing his name from the project (other than as its star). Marvel doesn't like his finished cut, and he doesn't want to go as cheesy as they're pushing. I'm still somewhat intrigued, but it's really not looking good at this point.

DarkReign
03-18-2008, 12:17 PM
They dont call him Abomination

Say what?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0b/Abomination.gif

Tim Roth plays Emil Blonsky in the next Hulk movie, The Incredible Hulk, scheduled for release in 2008, and also supplied motion capture for his alter-ego. Director Louis Leterrier has explained this is an entirely new version of Blonsky, a soldier nearing his retirement and hunting the Hulk. He is offered the same serum which created the Hulk, and injected throughout his body, it creates a mutation more extreme than the Hulk. His skin, muscles and bones become exaggerated, and he can use his spine and bones sticking out of his elbows and heels as weapons.[27] Zak Penn said the character will not be called 'The Abomination', but simply Blonsky

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abomination_(comics)

DarkReign
03-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Oh, now I see what you mean, the movie doesnt call him Abomination.

Gotcha.

fraga
03-19-2008, 09:50 AM
The Story sucked balls and was its ultimate downfall. Hulk story sucked, Ghost rider was horrible and Cage was no Johnny Blaze. Elektra was the worst comic movie ever. Jane was a good Punisher but the story was weak.

Couldn't agree more...

Mister Sinister
03-19-2008, 12:31 PM
The worst comic book movie was not, in fact, Elektra. That title will always, and forever, go to the childhood-raping debacle that is Spiderman 3.

Was Elektra terrible? Yeah. Did she *really* deserve her own movie? Probably not. For Unicron's sake, she's a Skrull.

Ghost Rider wasn't really *that* bad. If they'd made GR less of a godmode, not had such a crap-ass ending, and made Blackheart more badass, I don't think it would have been as badly received.

But Spidey 3....Oh, lord. When I saw Thomas Haden Church's name in the previews, I thought, "HOLY CRAP! They're getting him to play Venom!" and there was much rejoicing. Yaaaaaaay. Then I heard Topher Grace use the phrase "I'm Eddie Brock." And I wept. I heard Venom refer to himself in the singular. And I wept. Maybe it only bothered me as much as it did because Venom is my favorite Spiderman character. But it pissed, me, off.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2008, 12:42 PM
The Peter Parker dance sequence made me puke at the movie theater.

The movie was a cinematic abortion.

Sam Raimi should not be allowed to make another movie.

And, could somebody please tell Kristin Dunst that she doesn't have to look like she just witnessed her brother raping her mother!

Fuck!!!

Mister Sinister
03-19-2008, 12:46 PM
The Peter Parker dance sequence made me puke at the movie theater.

The movie was a cinematic abortion.

Sam Raimi should not be allowed to make another movie.

And, could somebody please tell Kristin Dunst that she doesn't have to look like she just witnessed her brother raping her mother!

Fuck!!!
That was another thing. Kirsten Dunst is not *nearly* hot enough to play MJ. And the symbiote didn't make Peter Parker an emo fuckwit. It made him more aggressive. The 90's cartoon had it right. He almost killed the Rhino wearing the symbiote costume.

ATRAIN
03-19-2008, 12:51 PM
The worst comic book movie was not, in fact, Elektra. That title will always, and forever, go to the childhood-raping debacle that is Spiderman 3.

Was Elektra terrible? Yeah. Did she *really* deserve her own movie? Probably not. For Unicron's sake, she's a Skrull.

Ghost Rider wasn't really *that* bad. If they'd made GR less of a godmode, not had such a crap-ass ending, and made Blackheart more badass, I don't think it would have been as badly received.

But Spidey 3....Oh, lord. When I saw Thomas Haden Church's name in the previews, I thought, "HOLY CRAP! They're getting him to play Venom!" and there was much rejoicing. Yaaaaaaay. Then I heard Topher Grace use the phrase "I'm Eddie Brock." And I wept. I heard Venom refer to himself in the singular. And I wept. Maybe it only bothered me as much as it did because Venom is my favorite Spiderman character. But it pissed, me, off.

Well I group the Spiderman's in as one movie so thats why its not on the list of the bad because if that were the case Xmen would be on the shit list as well because of X3.

peewee's lovechild
03-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Well I group the Spiderman's in as one movie so thats why its not on the list of the bad because if that were the case Xmen would be on the shit list as well because of X3.

While X3 wasn't great, it wasn't bad either.

Spider3 was pure unadulterated shit.

Mister Sinister
03-19-2008, 12:57 PM

Word. My only real beef with X3 was that, even as Dark Phoenix, Jeannie *never* would have offed both Charles *and* Cyke.

CuckingFunt
03-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Well I group the Spiderman's in as one movie so thats why its not on the list of the bad because if that were the case Xmen would be on the shit list as well because of X3.All three of the Spiderman flicks have sucked ass.

ATRAIN
03-19-2008, 01:00 PM

I agree I enjoyed it because I love the X-men, but 1 was good, 2 was bad ass and it was leading to an even better 3, then Singer decided to do Superman and well we got a mediocre movie.

CuckingFunt
03-19-2008, 01:01 PM
I liked X3, but I can still see all the shit that everyone else hated. I think I'm just easily amused by Beast.

Mister Sinister
03-19-2008, 01:02 PM
I liked X3, but I can still see all the shit that everyone else hated. I think I'm just easily amused by Beast.
I loved Kelsey Grammer as Beast. Great call on that casting choice. Like Ryan Reynolds as the Merc With A Mouth.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-19-2008, 01:21 PM
I loved Kelsey Grammer as Beast. Great call on that casting choice. Like Ryan Reynolds as the Merc With A Mouth.
Yeah, I just heard that the other day: Van Wilder as Deadpool? :tu

I was psyched as I started hearing details about the new Hulk movie (Tim Roth kicks ass), but if was CF is saying about Norton wanting to take his name off the screenplay is true I'm dreading it a bit. From what I've read Marvel is going full speed ahead with this stuff. They've got the Hulk and Iron Man (which they are planning as a trilogy), plus options on Thor, Captain America, and eventually an Avengers movie that will pull all of those characters in. I'm not exactly brimming with hope, unfortunately. I had hoped that the X-Men movies marked a turning point for superhero movies, but it seems they may have been more an exception to the trend than a leader.

leemajors
03-19-2008, 02:37 PM
emo parker's dance scene was awesome, but overall the movie did kinda suck. ghostrider was hilarious, i can't wait for a sequel with more hair plugs.