PDA

View Full Version : One of the very rare positive comments on Bowen from a non-Spurs fan

lefty
03-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Don't get me wrong here, I don't care what other fans think about Bowen; they can criticize him as much as they want.

However, I found this and thought it was interesting :

" Bowen's the kind of guy you love to have on your own team, but hate to play against. He's got a reputation as a great defender so the refs give him what seems like a bit of slack on his aggressive D. I'm not lying, I'd love to have him on my team, I wish (I know the Sonics are TERRIBLE!) but I wish we could have gotten away with some dirty defense back in 04-05 against the Spurs in the second round. Our big guys loved to knock Ginobili and Parker on the floor, problem was the refs kept calling fouls, anyway, I digress.

One question though, if every single defensive player in the league does the same things Bowen does, why is he the only one called out over and over and over and over and over............... and over and over again about his 'dirty' tactics?
(I know, I know....everyone is just whining.......any better answers?) "

word
03-14-2008, 05:55 PM
I suspect it's because of his jewelry.

FromWayDowntown
03-14-2008, 06:00 PM
It might just be me, but I don't particularly see those comments as "positive."

P.S. -- A link would make the comments interesting as well.

BonnerDynasty
03-14-2008, 06:24 PM
I suspect it's because of his jewelry.

or lack thereof.

The NBA is going through a pussification phase right now. It's no biggie, same thing is happening to America.

bdictjames
03-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Who's that from anyway? Ray Allen? I know I heard that comment sometime.

Brutalis
03-14-2008, 06:26 PM
That's positive?

Looks like soft crying to me.

The Nba Is Rigged
03-14-2008, 06:27 PM
The thing with Bowen that annoys me is that it seems that he trys to HURT players, I don't care if he's playing ultra aggressive defense but when you are constantly kicking players on the leg(Amare), then in the face!(wally szcerbiak), then undercutting players on their jumpshots its fucked up. I always like physical defenders but it seems imo that bowen tries to hurt people. And alot of other people also feel the same way about him but I won't bash him or diss him though.

lefty
03-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, it's not 100 % positive, but it's not bad either

Obstructed_View
03-14-2008, 07:04 PM
If every single defensive player in the league does the same things Bowen does, why is he the only one called out over and over and over and over and over............... and over and over again about his 'dirty' tactics?
If every defensive player in the league could harass and often-as-not shut down some of the top scorers in the league, they would get called out. Superstar scorers don't like having people play up on them and make their jobs difficult. They also don't like being embarassed, and like to have an excuse when they aren't putting up their numbers.

It's funny that nobody bothers to mention the dozens of times a year that NBA players twist their ankles stepping on peoples' feet unless it's Bowen. I remember a guy stepping on Bennet Salvatore's foot and spraining his ankle. I wonder if Salvatore slid under him. :lol

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If Bowen is intentionally trying to undercut opponents, he's dismally bad at it because it happens very rarely.