PDA

View Full Version : My take on Bruce Bowen

Kori Ellis
03-14-2008, 07:07 PM
It's no secret that I'm a Bruce Bowen fan. While Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker may garner most of the media attention, I think Bruce is really an integral part of what the Spurs do. He's worked his butt off to get where he is today and he's an essential cog in the Spurs' machine. Without Bruce Bowen, I'm not sure the Spurs would have won their last three championships.

Despite (and maybe moreso because of) his long road to the NBA and his slight frame, he has built his game through hard work and dedication to defense. First one in the gym everyday, Bowen embodies everything about what it means to be a Spur. I hope when he hangs up his gym shoes in a few years, he will consider staying on board as an assistant coach.

Year in and year out, he is the best perimeter defender in the league. I don't care if the team of so-called journalists that choose the Defensive Player of the Year haven't bestowed the award upon him, the coaches and the players in the league know it. And Bruce Bowen knows it too.

Throughout the years, Bowen has faced considerably criticism from time to time. Being accused of anything and everything, including undercutting, jabbing, kicking, punching and tripping.

And though the anti-Bowen contigent will cite a handful of instances when opponents have complained about Bowen's dirty tactics, the fact that it's just a little more than a handful is exactly the point.

Before this asinine suspension, Bowen had started 500 consecutive games for the Spurs - taking the challenge each night of guarding some of the best players in the league. Therefore, if about 10 guys complained, that's a very low percentage.

I don't watch games through Silver and Black glasses and I am not blind to how Bowen plays. He's crafty, he plays on the edge of the rules, and he frustrates the hell out of whoever he's guarding.

“He’s a very tough, hard-nosed defender who crowds you and tries to get under your skin,” an anonymous Eastern Conference general manager told CBS Sportline's Marty Burns in 2006. “He’s basically a pest.

“[But] I don’t think he’s sticking his foot out intentionally. He’s a defensive player. He does what he can to bother you and throw you off your game. But knowing him and knowing his character, I don’t think he’d go out there and intentionally try to hurt somebody.”

This GM gets it. And I think most other general managers, coaches and players get it too.

If you just saw the one angle of the Bowen-Paul incident, you probably thought Bowen just kicked CP3. But if you actually saw the action from several different angles and slowed it down, it appears that Paul hits (or attempts to hit) Bowen in the groin. Did the league see this clip? I'd imagine they did. So why now, after all this time, did Bowen finally get suspended?

Well this is why I'm so pissed off about this suspension. How could Bowen NOT get suspended for kicking Ray Allen in the back two years ago, but get suspended for "almost" kneeing Chris Paul? Was it just the last straw for Stu Jackson? Did the league just give in to those who complain? Is it because Chris Paul is this year's golden boy?

I don't know and I don't really care right now. I'm just angered about how this all came down. I looked at the tape a hundred times from every angle. If anything, I though both players would get fined. I didn't think Bowen would get suspended. I'm not mad because the Spurs are in a playoff race. I'm not mad because they are shorthanded (without both Brent Barry and Ime Udoka) and will probably lose to the Pistons tonight. I'm mad because I feel bad for Bruce.

500 consecutive starts in any sport is an amazing feat. It's something he can tell his kids and grandkids for decades to come. And how did the streak end, Dad? Oh ... it came on a night that I got hit in the groin when scrambling for a loose ball and I "almost" retaliated.

Nice job, Stu Jackson, thanks.

The one thing that I hope comes from this is that Bowen and the rest of the Spurs get pissed off. Not pissed off at Chris Paul and the Hornets. But the Spurs have been struggling tremendously as of late. So, I hope that they can use this incident as a somewhat of a rallying point and start beating down teams on the way to Bruce Bowen's fourth title.

When all is said in done in the world, Bruce Bowen isn't going to be looked back on in basketball history as a dirty cheapshot artist. He's going to be looked back on as a Champion.

http://www.spurschick.com/brucetrophy.jpg

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-14-2008, 07:09 PM
the Spurs will use this for good, they always do

Jackson made a bad decision and now the NBA will pay for it with a small market winning the ring again :lol

SpurOutofTownFan
03-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Stu blew it and he knows it by now. I will make sure he regrets what he has done.

Now let's get rid of some of the trolls who have come with vengeance like inquisitors to abuse Bowen. "Enough is Enough"

T Park
03-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Well said as always.

Bruce Bowen is the Spurs.

He will get his number retired for all the same reasons 6 hangs up there, 32, and 50.

Will never get the accolades and respect that he deserves.

timvp
:clap

Nicely said.

CPIM
Read between lines from you, Bruce Bowen is a dirty player.

duncan228
Nicely done Kori.
Thanks.

The one thing that I hope comes from this is that Bowen and the rest of the Spurs get pissed off. Not pissed off at Chris Paul and the Hornets. But the Spurs have been struggling tremendously as of late. So, I hope that they can use this incident as a somewhat of a rallying point and start beating down teams on the way to Bruce Bowen's fourth title.

I believe they will.

bdictjames
03-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Loved reading it.

You know, there are some blogging jobs open. :lol

Oh wait, you're Kori. My bad. I dont want Bruce to be an assistant coach if he doesn't want to. He's probably too tired after a hard-working career and it'd be okay for me if he wouldn't have to do anything with basketball rather start those charities.

Agloco
03-14-2008, 07:11 PM
.........So why now, after all this time, did Bowen finally get suspended?

Well this is why I'm so pissed off about this suspension. How could Bowen NOT get suspended for kicking Ray Allen in the back two years ago, but get suspended for "almost" kneeing Chris Paul? Was it just the last straw for Stu Jackson? Did the league just give in to those who complain? Is it because Chris Paul is this year's golden boy?..........

Gotta agree 100% Kori. It escapes me too. The league is using flawed logic in discipline decisions. Shitty.

SpurOutofTownFan
03-14-2008, 07:12 PM

Shut the fuck up you mindless idiot

Walton Buys Off Me
03-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Awesome post

baseline bum
03-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Without Bruce Bowen, I'm not sure the Spurs would have won their last three championships.

I don't think they win any of those three without Bruce. Anyone who disagrees with me should go back and watch Kobe and the '01 WCF to see what not having Bruce is like.

shelshor
03-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Nice, Kori

polandprzem
03-14-2008, 07:22 PM
All you need when Bowen gets suspended is your husbands support.

ShoogarBear
03-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Fuck the NBA. Win this for Bruce.

Brutalis
03-14-2008, 07:25 PM
League is biased.

duncan228
03-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Kori, I'm just curious...

From what I've gathered over my time here you were a big Duncan fan, if I remember correctly, from his Wake days.

I've known for a while that you list Bowen as your favorite current Spur.
Was the change gradual or was it something in particular?

BonnerDynasty
03-14-2008, 07:30 PM
I hate that Bowen is so hated and labeled so dirty. I won't call him dirty because he is one of my top 3 fav spurs right now behind Tim and Manu but he is definitely "crafty".

m33p0
03-14-2008, 07:35 PM
who would have thought that Bruce's league-leading starting lineup appearance would end this way.

Findog
03-14-2008, 07:36 PM
My take is that Bowen frequently crosses that line, but I'd take him on my team. He's a love him if you got 'em, hate him if you don't, kind of player. I do think he is dirty.

angel_luv
03-14-2008, 07:36 PM
At least this happened after Bruce's 500th consecutive game.

urunobili
03-14-2008, 07:37 PM
wow Kori... thanks... 4 real...

fitzgerald
03-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Kori and the rest of you would talk about Bowen if he was on Detroit or any other team. He had this coming forever. He is just lucky it had not happened sooner. Big deal.

FromWayDowntown
03-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Great post, Kori.

I have very little doubt that this "offense" netted a suspension in some sort of "lifetime achievement" sense -- moreso than on the merits of what took place on the floor. It's shameful on the league's part that they're willing to listen and bend to incessant whining about a guy who plays the game hard the way Bowen does.

Has Bowen done some questionable things in the past? Sure. Are players going to just increase the whining about Bowen now? Absolutely. And will Bowen be unfairly persecuted because the chorus of whiners begins singing more and more loudly (likely without justification)? I think so. And that's true simply because the league caved on this decision.

This puts the onus on Bruce to redouble his efforts to avoid anything that might even look dirty or chippy while still playing as hard as he always has. Fortunately for the Spurs, if there's any player who's up to that challenge, it's Bruce Bowen -- he's succeeded in overcoming every other challenge on his path to this point; why not another?

Bruno
03-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Great post. :tu

Bruce is just my favorite Spurs.

duncan228
03-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Fortunately for the Spurs, if there's any player who's up to that challenge, it's Bruce Bowen -- he's succeeded in overcoming every other challenge on his path to this point; why not another?

Beautifully said...and so true.

carina_gino20
03-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Great post, Kori.

500 consecutive starts in any sport is an amazing feat. It's something he can tell his kids and grandkids for decades to come. And how did the streak end, Dad? Oh ... it came on a night that I got hit in the groin when scrambling for a loose ball and I "almost" retaliated.

That's what I was thinking, too. With his experience with his biological parents, I think Bruce would try even harder to be a good example to his kids. It's so unfortunate that when he tells that story, it ends with a suspension.

Russ
03-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Great tribute.

Some defenders have hurt/ruined careers (Juwan Howard/Derek Anderson; Mark Madsen/TJ Ford; Kermit Washington/Rudy T).

Not Bruce. He has irritated but never longer than the duration of a particular game.

He walks a fine line and does it with a smile.

KEDA
03-14-2008, 08:01 PM
I agree 100%

Bruce and Finley have been my 2 favorite Spur players for a long time.

And Stu Jackson can blow me!

GrandeDavid
03-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Kori, EXCELLENT take on Bowen!! You get a perfect 10!! The most upsetting thing to me is his consecutive games streak being ended by some office stiff with a weak spine or a grudge. Pathetic Stu J.

mikekim
03-14-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't think it could've been put any better than this.

E20
03-14-2008, 08:42 PM
It's as if Bruce Bowen died or something getting all this attention of for a suspension lol. Got suspended for 1 game who cares.

remingtonbo2001
03-14-2008, 08:43 PM
:tu good read.

ClingingMars
03-14-2008, 08:45 PM

Trolls suck.

-Mars

Spurs Brazil
03-14-2008, 08:53 PM
When all is said in done in the world, Bruce Bowen isn't going to be looked back on in basketball history as a dirty cheapshot artist. He's going to be looked back on as a Champion.
:clap :clap :clap

tlongII
03-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Virtually every NBA fan in every other NBA city knows that Bruce Bowen is a HACK! He was suspended because he deserved to be suspended. Simple as that. My disdain for Bowen is well known here, but there are a lot more people that feel like me than there are that feel like you.

Findog
03-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Virtually every NBA fan in every other NBA city knows that Bruce Bowen is a HACK! He was suspended because he deserved to be suspended. Simple as that. My disdain for Bowen is well known here, but there are a lot more people that feel like me than there are that feel like you.

Spurs fans have a real blind spot on this one. I'm not saying I wouldn't appreciate a perimeter defender like Bowen on my team, but he's dirty, and his past actions are going to color any questionable activity.

Das Texan
03-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Well at first I was like Thanks for fucking us Stu.

Now I say, Thanks Stu for rallying us.

ThomasGranger
03-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Virtually every poster knows that tlongII is a HACK! I deserve to be banned. Simple as that. My disdain for myself is well known here and there are a lot more people that are sick of my shit than like me.

FvckMavs
03-14-2008, 09:51 PM

Fvck You.

Jayem
03-14-2008, 09:53 PM
i like bruce but he is dirty. if bruce wasn't on our team and he pulled his antics on us, all you would be saying the same. you don't accidentally stick your foot out in front of jumping opponents 10+ times. that isn't a natural basketball move, he intentionally did that to cause injury. bruce isn't dumb, hes knows exactly what hes doing. it was a smart trick but very dirty. only stupid homers defend bruce and act like him spraining 4 players isn't dirty. HE IS DIRTY..hes a great player but HE IS DIRTY...theres just no argument otherwise. WHY LIE? The guy is dirty but fuck it, hes on our team so gooo BRUCE.

J_Paco
03-14-2008, 10:22 PM
i like bruce but he is dirty. if bruce wasn't on our team and he pulled his antics on us, all you would be saying the same. you don't accidentally stick your foot out in front of jumping opponents 10+ times. that isn't a natural basketball move, he intentionally did that to cause injury. bruce isn't dumb, hes knows exactly what hes doing. it was a smart trick but very dirty. only stupid homers defend bruce and act like him spraining 4 players isn't dirty. HE IS DIRTY..hes a great player but HE IS DIRTY...theres just no argument otherwise. WHY LIE? The guy is dirty but fuck it, hes on our team so gooo BRUCE.

I can only think of two players that Bruce "intentionally" undercut with his foot, Steve Francis and Vince Carter, but please inform me of the other 8+ times it's happened? NBA fans should really go back and see video of how the game was played in the 1970's and 1980's, then they'll really get a real sense of what "dirty" is. Also, if Bruce is so damn dirty, why hasn't a team every attempted to take him out?

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Bruce plays perimeter defense in a league that has attempted to give every advantage possible to offensive perimeter players. Today's perimeter scorers feel entitled to put the ball on the floor unchallenged. Once upon a time players like MJ would take matters into their own hands. It's no surprise that players like Ray Allen whine about Bowen's defense instead of rising to the challenge, like a Michael Jordan would do.

So Bowen's "dirty." He also has 3 rings, in no small part due to his efforts.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-14-2008, 10:37 PM
On the money, Kori. :tu

This suspension is ridiculous - Bowen was trying to get off CP3 at the same time as CP3 tried to get up. There was nothing in it. Suspension!? WTF???

Stu is simply bowing to the self-righteous indignation of the average NBA fan who hates the Spurs, thinks Bruce is intentionally dirty, and wouldn't know good basketball if it hit them in the face.

cly2tw
03-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Malone used to elbow whoever dared to be near him without being punished. Does the David Robinson knockout ring a bell? If you were fan of Malone, you'd always find a rationale for accepting his actions as simply the results of hard working. But later on, he got suspended for similar but even less consequential sins. What's you guys' take on that?

NBA was just telling people that Bowen-kind of dirty will be scrutinized and no longer tolerated with no bound. You can play hard and be a pest on defense, but you have to respect the other players' right of not living in a fear of getting injured playing against you. Is that so hard to grasp?

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Malone used to elbow whoever dared to be near him without being punished. Does the David Robinson knockout ring a bell? If you were fan of Malone, you'd always find a rationale for accepting his actions as simply the results of hard working. But later on, he got suspended for similar but even less consequential sins. What's you guys' take on that?

NBA was just telling people that Bowen-kind of dirty will be scrutinized and no longer tolerated with no bound. You can play hard and be a pest on defense, but you have to respect the other players' right of not living in a fear of getting injured playing against you. Is that so hard to grasp?

:baby

Maybe the NBA will make any contact whatsoever a foul so as to avoid player injuries.

GSH
03-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Kori and the rest of you would talk about Bowen if he was on Detroit or any other team. He had this coming forever. He is just lucky it had not happened sooner. Big deal.

That's where you're wrong... you and the rest of the whiny bitches trolling this forum.

Kobe Bryant elbowed Ginobili in the face and drew a suspension. You didn't hear the Spurs asking for it though. (Ginobili and Pop both said that they didn't think it warranted a suspension.) And you didn't see Spurs fans trolling the Lakers' forums calling for a suspension either. Whatever I might think about Kobe personally, he is one hell of a basketball player. And if you love the game of basketball, you have to respect that. He elbowed Ginobili, and he's done the same to some other players. But he's not dirty.

Much the same could be said for Rasheed Wallace. He gets more technicals than anyone in history, and he isn't shy about putting a hard foul on someone. But he's one hell of a player, and a tough sonofabitch. I can't help respecting Sheed's game. And he's not dirty.

No matter what you think, it's possible to give credit where it's due. But you wouldn't understand that. Maybe it's easier for fans of a team that actually has banners hanging from the rafters.

cly2tw
03-14-2008, 10:53 PM
:baby

Maybe the NBA will make any contact whatsoever a foul so as to avoid player injuries.

If NBA desires to do so...

You Spurs fans often say yourselves that Bowen be great because he "gets away with it". Well, now the NBA just tells him what he used to get away with will no longer warrant the free pass. Life is tough. :rolleyes

NBA is a business. They will try to maximize the common interests of all parties associated with this syndicate.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 10:55 PM
If NBA desires to do so...

You Spurs fans often say yourselves that Bowen be great because he "gets away with it". Well, now the NBA just tells him what he used to get away with will no longer warrant the free pass. Life is tough. :rolleyes

NBA is a business. They will try to maximize the common interests of all parties associated with this syndicate.

Bowen's great because he's the best on ball perimeter defender in the league.

Sure, the NBA wants to draw in the general public with lots of buckets.

Chris Childs
03-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Um, Kori Ellis this is just sad. I actually took some time and read through that homer filled essay. You don't even bring up the fact that Bruce is a clumsy, tacky, sloppy, unbalanced defensive player(if he wasn't, none of this accusations would exist)because quite frankly, it's just too true. Brucey knows it too. In his mind, he knows he has the reputation as a dirty player but he knows he can get away with it. He knows that he's already in the opposing players mind with that reputation. And now all he has to do is add on to that. Bruce is happy that he's suspended because NBA players who he guards will have him in their mind and Bruce like that. He knows the majority of NBA players and people in general doesn't like him so he tries to mask his dirty personality as a good, clean guy who plays on the edge every night, that way he has easy access to infultrate their minds.

Accept it Kori, Take off the homer glasses and accept that you have and always had a dirty player on your team named Bruce Bowen.

IT'S JUST A FACT.

duncan228
03-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Accept it...IT'S JUST A FACT.

That you continue to be the worst troll on this board.

td4mvp21
03-14-2008, 10:59 PM
I don't give a shit that Bowen has a reputation. He didn't kick Paul and the suspension is bullshit. Too bad the league is full of whiny baby superstars with huge ass egos who talk shit about Bruce after a bad game against him. Look up certain players' comments, like Vince Carter and Ray Allen, and I'm willing to bet they came after either a) losses or b) bad performances because Bruce shut them down.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Cool post :tu

I love Bruce. He's overdue for some good karma. He's been such a great Spur and champion and he still gets no love or recognition from the NBA.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 11:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/media/nba/2000/0402/photo/chow.jpg

It's rather ironic that someone with the handle "Chris Childs" sees fit to condemn another player as "dirty." But such are the internets.

Chris Childs
03-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Ok this is not funny, who changed my ''believe.'' under my user name? Timvp, Kori I need answers!

Kori Ellis
03-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Timvp, Kori I need answers!

I need you to stop being such a bitch, but that's not happening either.

Chris Childs
03-14-2008, 11:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/media/nba/2000/0402/photo/chow.jpg

It's rather ironic that someone with the handle "Chris Childs" sees fit to condemn another player as "dirty." But such are the internets.

What are you talking about? Kobe deserved what happened to him.

Ray Allen on the other hand, Wally Szcerbiak on the other hand, Chris Paul on the other hand, etc, etc, etc,...........

HOMER.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 11:13 PM
So a player deserves a punch, but contact in the midst of a play is worse? Great.

SpurOutofTownFan
03-14-2008, 11:20 PM
It's time for some banning for real.

Chris Childs
03-14-2008, 11:22 PM
I need you to stop being such a bitch, but that's not happening either.

What makes you think i was acting like one? I'm trying to do something good and have you spurs fans accept FACTS but you want to get all hostile and defensive on me. But that's OK with me....I have a deal with G-Money over at pistontalk so I won't have to post here that much longer. Until then, those homer glasses are not the look. Thinking caps are more like it.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Maybe you could make a deal with Holt's Cat at SpursTalk which results in you posting no longer.

Kori Ellis
03-14-2008, 11:26 PM
What makes you think i was acting like one? I'm trying to do something good and have you spurs fans accept FACTS but you want to get all hostile and defensive on me. But that's OK with me....I have a deal with G-Money over at pistontalk so I won't have to post here that much longer. Until then, those homer glasses are not the look. Thinking caps are more like it.

You are always one. You are one of the worst posters on the board. It's not a new thought for me.

T Park
03-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Hit the road now.

No one gives a shit.

CPIM
03-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Spurs fans love Bruce Bowen because he is dirty. Period.

Chris Childs
03-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Maybe you could make a deal with Holt's Cat at SpursTalk which results in you posting no longer.

I would gladly accept.

SpurOutofTownFan
03-14-2008, 11:28 PM

Your mom is dirty you piece of tool..You are BANNED

Chris Childs
03-14-2008, 11:28 PM
You are always one. You are one of the worst posters on the board. It's not a new thought for me.

What can I say, I guess I'll just take your word. From now on.. your the boss.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 11:29 PM

OK, we like him because you call him "dirty." What's going to happen now?

duncan228
03-14-2008, 11:29 PM
You are one of the worst posters on the board. It's not a new thought for me.

It's not a new thought for the rest of us either.

Chris Childs
03-14-2008, 11:30 PM
It's not a new thought for the rest of us either.

What the hell are you trying to say? :wtf

Kori Ellis
03-14-2008, 11:32 PM

She's saying that she doesn't like you. Many people don't. My PM box gets full of complaints about you because you never bring any sort of legit take - it's just 24/7 bashing. But hey, whatever floats your boat. One day (soon?) I'll grow tired of you.

duncan228

Read the first line of my quote from Kori.

You are one of the worst posters on the board.

T Park
That everyone thinks your a douchenozzle.

Kori Ellis
03-14-2008, 11:33 PM
But .. you all ruining my Bruce Bowen thread. I don't care enough about Chris Childs to have this discussion continue. So let's get back on topic.

Thanks.

T Park
03-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Bruce plays tonight, Spurs win.

Thats all :tu

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Our troll here doesn't seem to understand the difference between FACT and OPINION.

Fact: "A statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened." (Wordweb)

Opinion: all of the bullshit he spouts.

eg. it is a FACT that Bruce was just suspended for one game. Whether or not the suspension is fair or warranted, or not, is OPINION.

Case closed.

duncan228
03-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Bruce plays tonight, Spurs win.

Thats all :tu

We missed him a lot, especially against a team that still is like looking in a mirror for us.

I disagree with the suspension, but I'm glad it isn't the Playoffs.
I don't think it will change the way Bowen plays, but if the league wanted to make a statement I'm glad Bowen, Pop, and the team have the heads up now, not later.

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 11:39 PM
The Spurs should be fine once the other 3/5ths of their swingman rotation return.

T Park
03-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah I've said it a million times and no one agrees.

No bowen = zone = rebounds offensively given up = loss

Bowen plays, less zone, less offensive rebounds given up.

Spurs win by 6.

No question.

I think though this game turns em around a tad.

Kori Ellis
03-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Well zone wasn't the only reason they weren't getting boards. A lot of the boards, the Spurs bigs were just getting outworked underneath. But obviously, the game would have been different with Bruce/without zone.

ShoogarBear
03-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Bowen plays, less zone, less offensive rebounds given up.
Offensive rebounds? They were important?

T Park
03-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Agreed.

Oberto having 1 more rebound than me, and getting that off of a FT is just sickening.

Duncan with only 9 is a little annoying.

T Park
03-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Offensive rebounds? They were important?

You said it yourself, 18 of the 31 shots in the first half had offensive rebounds.

You just can't do that and expect to win.

Kori Ellis
03-14-2008, 11:53 PM
*checking post count*

I am getting close to my most epic post of a lifetime. So I need to stop posting for the night.

T Park
03-14-2008, 11:53 PM
5s are wild?

Holt's Cat
03-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Can I cash out my cumulative post count?

PhxDog
03-15-2008, 12:34 AM
Well this is why I'm so pissed off about this suspension. How could Bowen NOT get suspended for kicking Ray Allen in the back two years ago, but get suspended for "almost" kneeing Chris Paul? Was it just the last straw for Stu Jackson? Did the league just give in to those who complain? Is it because Chris Paul is this year's golden boy?
For the second time (in two threads): the league never punishes the instigator, always the responder. For Bruce, this is the first time anybody's bothered to instigate against him, and it amuses me how quickly he proved he's no better or smarter than the players Spurs fans try to despise.

I guess I shouldn't bother. Anybody who thinks Bowen didn't "try to" injure Vince Carter is obviously living in some alternate reality.

milkyway21
03-15-2008, 12:39 AM
My brother who's working overseas just came home this week and since he was out of the country for a yr, didn't watch the last playoffs, asked me about it & we talked about why & how LeBron was swept by the Spurs. He didn't like it when his friends & mates said it's because of Bruce Bowen's dirty defense on James. :huh:oops.

You know I been bothered about how come a player who plays good defense in this league such as Bruce been known as such, some forgot to even mention he is perrenial member of the NBA's All-defensive team. I lost words sometimes to defend him, to tell you the truth.
I started hating whiny players that I used to like, like VC and Allen because I just got tired of hearing their :blah.
I think a lot of GMs would still be running for Bruce's services if he's not a Spur right now.

I just asked why such good players like Kobe and Lebron, I didn't hear them complaining about Bruce?

Stu Jackson's warning on Bruce last yr made Bruce cool down his defense a little bit and we lost some the games along the way and I don't want that to happen again this yr.

I just hope Bruce will continue doing what made him special to his fans, that's defending the scorers of the opposing teams, let them sweat a 100x more if they really want to score against him and we will continue clapping for his contribution, and will stand behind him to support him. :p:

timvp
03-15-2008, 01:21 AM
My brother who's working overseas just came home this week and since he was out of the country for a yr, didn't watch the last playoffs, asked me about it & we talked about why & how LeBron was swept by the Spurs. He didn't like it when his friends & mates said it's because of Bruce Bowen's dirty defense on James. :huh:oops.

You know I been bothered about how come a player who plays good defense in this league such as Bruce been known as such, some forgot to even mention he is perrenial member of the NBA's All-defensive team. I lost words sometimes to defend him, to tell you the truth.
I started hating whiny players that I used to like, like VC and Allen because I just got tired of hearing their :blah.
I think a lot of GMs would still be running for Bruce's services if he's not a Spur right now.

I just asked why such good players like Kobe and Lebron, I didn't hear them complaining about Bruce?

Stu Jackson's warning on Bruce last yr made Bruce cool down his defense a little bit and we lost some the games along the way and I don't want that to happen again this yr.

I just hope Bruce will continue doing what made him special to his fans, that's defending the scorers of the opposing teams, let them sweat a 100x more if they really want to score against him and we will continue clapping for his contribution, and will stand behind him to support him. :p:Well said.

:cooldevil

romsho
03-15-2008, 04:58 AM
That was awesome. Thanks.

CPIM
03-15-2008, 06:22 AM
Bruce Bowen shows SA kids how to say "I didn't do it" the same time he kicks CP. Palms up and kick, wow, very Spurs!!

Findog
03-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Bruce Christ has been crucified by the Jews!

http://www.judiciaryreport.com/images/david-stern-after.jpg

ChumpDumper
03-15-2008, 02:53 PM
A fine, if anything. That infraction barely rose to the level of a technical foul.

Obstructed_View
03-15-2008, 05:21 PM
I guess I shouldn't bother. Anybody who thinks Bowen didn't "try to" injure Vince Carter is obviously living in some alternate reality.
The alternate reality is that Nene, Steve Blake and Monta Ellis all got injured stepping on Vince Carter's foot. Was Carter "trying to" injure them, too?

Obstructed_View
03-15-2008, 05:46 PM
If you want me to make you an avatar I'll be happy to.