PDA

View Full Version : Fatboy Slim

ChuckD
03-14-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm channel surfing, and I stumble upon a 90 minute event by Fatboy Slim called Beach Boutique II. He's like a glorified club DJ, and there are literally tens of thousands of people at the beachside town watching this concert. He seems to be a good DJ, but overall, my impression is dorky middle aged Brit with a Hawaiian shirt on. I like beats as much as the next person, but are you really going to brave that kind of a crowd scene for club music? It looks like there could be a hundred thousand people on further observation.

Is this a British thing?

MannyIsGod
03-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Its a music thing? You've never seen big crowds for concerts?

ChuckD
03-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Its a music thing? You've never seen big crowds for concerts?
Yeah, for a live band. Scratch that. I've never seen a crowd that size for anything under a festival of live bands. He's like a club DJ, playing to 100K peeps. WTF?

OSWorker
05-13-2008, 06:50 PM
....yeah -- i agree, people are basically getting sick of the same old rock/hip-hop/r&b bullsh*t.:bang.... and there is just this big upsurge from a new style coming out of Europe :downspin:-- best place i've found it so far is a compilation series called 'euro club hits' on itunes :rollin-- or check this link: :downspin:

http://electricfilebox.com/tracks

monosylab1k
05-13-2008, 07:24 PM
you've never heard of Fatboy Slim?

He's only the maker of at least 3 of the Top 10 Most Annoying Songs Of The Last 10 Years.

TheSanityAnnex
05-13-2008, 08:53 PM
you've never heard of Fatboy Slim?

He's only the maker of at least 3 of the Top 10 Most Annoying Songs Of The Last 10 Years.I'd bet you couldn't even name one song of his that people would agree upon it being one of the worst in the last ten years.

List em off.

Parkerlooms
05-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Ever seen the crowd at a Prodigy concert?

monosylab1k
05-14-2008, 08:22 AM
I'd bet you couldn't even name one song of his that people would agree upon it being one of the worst in the last ten years.

List em off.

I didn't say worst, I said most annoying. I don't mind Fatboy Slim, but his "hits" are about as mindless and annoying as any Britney Spears song.

I don't care who you are, hearing "right about now funk soul brother check it out now funk soul brother" hundreds of times at varying tempos in a 4 minute span is annoying as fuck. Praise You is almost equally annoying, it's only saving grace is it's music video.

In fact, Fatboy Slim can probably be lumped in with Foo Fighters and Beastie Boys as music artists whose videos are significantly better than their actual music.

Spurminator
05-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Fat Boy Slim is fucking in heaven
Fucking in fucking in fucking in heaven

I loved that album

MannyIsGod
05-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Fat Boy Slim is fucking in heaven
Fucking in fucking in fucking in heaven

I loved that album

:lmao

Weapon of Choice has the best video of all time. Its brilliant.

Kriz-Maxima
05-14-2008, 10:43 AM

Agreed.

Jimcs50
05-14-2008, 10:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WW8flwpH-Q

:toast

His rendition of The Joker is great.

Soul_Patch
05-14-2008, 11:47 AM
scJnxBaQTFk

Best fuckin club song of all time. I love me some Fat Boy Slim.

Soul_Patch
05-14-2008, 11:56 AM
was actually 250k people at that gig at brighton beach...its a big college town.

I saw the Chemical Bros. at Glastonbury festival back in like 98....was clost to that ammount there, and they fuckin blew it up.

Jimcs50
05-14-2008, 02:05 PM
scJnxBaQTFk

Best fuckin club song of all time. I love me some Fat Boy Slim.

no, this one is better.

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPu6kuthxiM&feature=related

CuckingFunt
05-14-2008, 02:47 PM
His rendition of The Joker is great.

KErrMMYCe-A

Cutest thing ever? Quite possibly.

Jimcs50
05-14-2008, 03:08 PM
KErrMMYCe-A

Cutest thing ever? Quite possibly.