PDA

View Full Version : the league is officially trying to screw with us----its personal now.

inconvertible
03-15-2008, 12:17 AM
I knew the league has made it very difficult for the spurs, but here lately it feels like an all out assault to crush the spurs. be it with bruce, the schedule, the trades........I think something smells very rotten in denmark.

Shank
03-15-2008, 12:18 AM
"Us"? The members of Spurstalk?

Was the league against the Spurs in their 11-game win streak?

"Bruce" - If the league really were trying to personally mess with the Spurs, don't you think they'd take out a better player? Maybe one that's actually a scoring threat? You don't think a Duncan or Ginobili would top that list?

"Schedule" - I don't get this part. What about the schedule is so particularly anti-Spurs? Doesn't every team have the same tough stretches?

"Trades" - which one, specifically? The Gasol mess? Kidd? The Bulls-Cavs swap? Or getting Kurt Thomas essentially for free and getting to keep Brent Barry?

Findog
03-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Shank FTW.

bdictjames
03-15-2008, 12:34 AM
The Spurs dont deserve to become champions if they don't go through all this stuff.

J_Paco
03-15-2008, 12:36 AM
I knew the league has made it very difficult for the spurs, but here lately it feels like an all out assault to crush the spurs. be it with bruce, the schedule, the trades........I think something smells very rotten in denmark.

Doesn't the whole "the league hates us" mantra belong to the Maverick Nation, since David Stern has a "personal" vendetta against Mark Cuban.

I believe S.A. fans are too good for this type of thought, so just believe that they'll turn things around. Leave the conspiracy theories for other fanbases.

timmy21_4rings
03-15-2008, 12:39 AM
The Spurs dont deserve to become champions if they don't go through all this stuff.

got to agree

jag
03-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Shank FTW.

Dallas

http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/4/3/14/f_2306385726fm_4f94e60.jpg

PhxDog
03-15-2008, 12:46 AM
I knew the league has made it very difficult for the spurs...

:rollin

DAINTX
03-15-2008, 12:49 AM
No g__damn whinning! You take what comes...injuries, bad calls, flagrant fouls, fouls with intent to injure, unjustified suspensions...WHATEVER! YOU DO NOT WHINE! I don't give a sh!t what happens, you have to have enough pride not to whine. That's what I can't stand about G__Damn Phoenix. Their team and their fans. G--DAMN whiners...a way of life for those p_ssies. Whatever happens, YOU OVERCOME! Why? Simple...EVERY team deals with their share of crap and champions prevail. Whiners do not deserve a break. In fact, whiners shouldn't even get a fair shot to win. They should be shot at for fun.

duncan228
03-15-2008, 12:51 AM
It is what it is.
Bowen, the schedule, the refs, the trades...all of it.

The Spurs have been through tough stretches and come out on top before.
Shit, they won their third with Duncan on 2 bad ankles. That March 20th no one thought they could do it, especially after he was out so many games and then went down again in Seattle.

Anything can happen, you've just got to roll with it.
And...Believe.

Findog
03-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Dallas

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1057/552260919_5b9d8bca0f_o.jpg

"When I look into your eyes I can see forever Tony."

duncan228
03-15-2008, 12:53 AM

Looks more like "I can see Trophies" to me. :)

Findog
03-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Looks more like "I can see Trophies" to me. :)

It's like that moment in the movies where they lock eyes right before they start to kiss.

Yeah, I know, lame, but it looks like JaG trumped me with terry and stackhouse mugging down with each other.

jag
03-15-2008, 01:12 AM
It's like that moment in the movies where they lock eyes right before they start to kiss.

Yeah, I know, lame, but it looks like JaG trumped me with terry and stackhouse mugging down with each other.

It's difficult to explain away two men kissing...especially when there's photographic evidence.

jag
03-15-2008, 01:13 AM
...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Findog
03-15-2008, 01:19 AM
It's really an optical illusion, because of the depth perception it only looks like they're kissing, when they were just walking past one another.

:drunk

Findog
03-15-2008, 01:20 AM
Does Terry's tattoo really say "Capt Fag"? If so, I call bullshit on this photo.

jag
03-15-2008, 01:26 AM
haha the photo was not doctored in any way, shape, or form. And i have no answer for the questionable tattoo...i guess only Jason really knows these answers...Jason and Jerry of course.

ShoogarBear
03-15-2008, 01:41 AM
Dallas

Eggscellent.

Findog, meet your new sig after the Laker loss.

Princess Pimp
03-15-2008, 01:44 AM

Cry me a river!!!

johngateswhiteley
03-15-2008, 01:49 AM
unbelievable...the refs, stern, etc. are not against anyone. i had no problem with the suspension.

braeden0613
03-15-2008, 02:04 AM
Every team thinks the league is against them...of course refs can be terrible but they are for each team most of the time.

bresilhac
03-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Every team thinks the league is against them...of course refs can be terrible but they are for each team most of the time.

Which is a sad commentary on the state of officiating in the league. Which is, it's universally terrible. When all teams and their coaches complain about the crooked, biased, one sided nature of NBA officials does it mean that everyone is wrong and the officials right? I don't think so.

Anyway, the Spurs have got to find workarounds for all of the obstacles in their way. For example, lousy scheduling. They must persevere again all the way to the Finals. My guess is they will do just that.

lonestr
03-15-2008, 02:46 AM
No g__damn whinning! You take what comes...injuries, bad calls, flagrant fouls, fouls with intent to injure, unjustified suspensions...WHATEVER! YOU DO NOT WHINE! I don't give a sh!t what happens, you have to have enough pride not to whine. That's what I can't stand about G__Damn Phoenix. Their team and their fans. G--DAMN whiners...a way of life for those p_ssies. Whatever happens, YOU OVERCOME! Why? Simple...EVERY team deals with their share of crap and champions prevail. Whiners do not deserve a break. In fact, whiners shouldn't even get a fair shot to win. They should be shot at for fun.

*sniff* Poetry! Sheer Poetry Daintx. I have a bottle of 24yr old Glenlevet I'd be proud to share with you my friend. :toast

icem
03-15-2008, 02:51 AM

sorry, but you sound like a mav fan right now. spurs just need to get their shit together

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-15-2008, 02:52 AM
It is what it is.
Bowen, the schedule, the refs, the trades...all of it.

The Spurs have been through tough stretches and come out on top before.
Shit, they won their third with Duncan on 2 bad ankles. That March 20th no one thought they could do it, especially after he was out so many games and then went down again in Seattle.

Anything can happen, you've just got to roll with it.
And...Believe.

Great post. :tu

The players wouldn't make excuses, why should we?

Life is not "as it should be", it is what it is.

koriwhat
03-15-2008, 04:06 AM
oh you all love my stackhouse-terry kiss photochop. i've been posting that crap here for the past yr or longer. i like the addition of the "where-----happens."

JamStone
03-15-2008, 04:23 AM
Thank goodness the league screws the Spurs because as good as they are, without the League screwing them, they probably could have won a couple championships in the last few years.

dg7md
03-15-2008, 06:05 AM
Spurs fans are pissing me off with their bitching. Seriously this place is full of damn cry babies. Take the loss, I swear some fans don't understand that the Spurs can just flat out lose sometimes.

Everyone who says the league has a vendetta against us you better sit the hell down, name me other teams that have at least 4 championships won. Especially a list of teams with 4 championships won within 10 years. We win because of talent, we lose because of getting outplayed.

johngateswhiteley
03-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Spurs fans are pissing me off with their bitching. Seriously this place is full of damn cry babies. Take the loss, I swear some fans don't understand that the Spurs can just flat out lose sometimes.

Everyone who says the league has a vendetta against us you better sit the hell down, name me other teams that have at least 4 championships won. Especially a list of teams with 4 championships won within 10 years. We win because of talent, we lose because of getting outplayed.

some sanity on this board...thank you.

samikeyp
03-15-2008, 08:01 AM

Amen. :toast

No one is out to "get us." The league or the refs didn't cause the Spurs to miss shots or turn the ball over. And neither the League o the refs caused the Spurs to get killed on the boards. No whining, no crying, no bullshit. Losing sucks but sometimes it happens, you learn from it and you move on.

wildbill2u
03-15-2008, 08:14 AM
We shouldn't feel too bad. Out of 32 posts, we only have the originator who's whining that 'they' are out to get us.

I wonder if 1 out of 32 is the number of paranoids in the general population.

inconvertible
03-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Thank goodness the league screws the Spurs because as good as they are, without the League screwing them, they probably could have won a couple championships in the last few years.

you got that right, the pistons have had their share of the league screwing with them too.

inconvertible
03-15-2008, 09:18 AM
We shouldn't feel too bad. Out of 32 posts, we only have the originator who's whining that 'they' are out to get us.

I wonder if 1 out of 32 is the number of paranoids in the general population.

no I think this is the ratio of sheeple/to people.

1 person for every 32 sheeple sounds about right. this is the ratio that politicians use to spew their vague bullshit.

dbestpro
03-15-2008, 09:48 AM
The reason why the Spurs have been champions in the past is that they play past all the crap and don't let it get to their heads while other teams like Dallas and the Suns let it go to their heads and lose control of their game. Remeber, it is all about the second season. Lakers, Hornets and Rockets do not know and are ill perpared for the change in game that comes with playoff time. In fact, my prediction is that the Lakers, Rockets and Hornets will all lose in the first round unless they somehow match up with each other.

FromWayDowntown
03-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Pop would love this thread. I hear him talking in each of the complaints made here about things that are beyond the control of the Spurs or Spurs fans.

In fact, of late I'm becoming more and more convinced that inconvertible is actually Gregg Popovich.

Obstructed_View
03-15-2008, 12:04 PM
No doubt. If the league wanted to screw the Spurs, they've had thousands of opportunities to do it.

Are we as Spurs fans going to start throwing water bottles at games when we don't get our way, too?

Considering the hysteria about Bowen league-wide, it's not surprising that he got suspended for almost nothing. That said, Bowen had a chance to step away from Paul with no questionable contact and chose to stay in there and flail. He should have known the choice the NBA would make between him and an MVP candidate from a franchise struggling to sell tickets. He put his fate in someone else's hands at that point. No conspiracy there.

I don't think the league is unhappy about the Spurs' tough schedule, but if they were playing better it would be a great tune up for the playoffs, and it DID come on the heels of 11 wins with about 8 cupcakes in there. Until somebody tells me how the NBA is forcing the Spurs not to fight for rebounds or to settle for jumpers I'm going to laugh at the conspiracy talk. The Spurs are the team that just puts their heads down and continues to play. I don't think this year is going to be any different.

Budkin
03-15-2008, 01:01 PM
No whining.

703 Spurz
03-15-2008, 02:46 PM

Rather then holding each other's cocks in their hands like Stackhouse and Terry, what is it you see TD and TP holding?

Owned bitch

Extra Stout
03-15-2008, 03:48 PM

Don't conflate inconvertible with any other Spurs fan.

m33p0
03-15-2008, 08:08 PM

Tim: Trade your Finals MVP for a Championship Trophy.
Tony: 2 Championship trophies.
Tim: Say what?!!

timmy21_4rings
03-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Excuse me please