PDA

View Full Version : Dalembert is making Duncan his personal bitch tonight

Herschel Walker
03-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Not good.

Heart willing but body unable? Never thought I'd see this.

MannyIsGod
03-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Long defenders like that have always given Duncan trouble. This is not a first.

BonnerDynasty
03-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Dude, it's only March.

^ Sarcasm

TDfan2007
03-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Long defenders like that have always given Duncan trouble. This is not a first.

In the past only KG and Rasheed gave Tim trouble. Now there are a good chunk of bigs that can shut him down on any given night...it's pathetic.

TDfan2007
03-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Oh and Tim used to abuse Dalembert.

Herschel Walker
03-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Dude, it's only March.
Exactly. When was the last time they lost 5 of 6 in March or later?

Duncan has always been able to make Dalembert his bitch. Now its not looking so good.

Capt Bringdown
03-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Happens to everyone. Tim's old.

bobbyjoe
03-15-2008, 08:32 PM
In the past only KG and Rasheed gave Tim trouble. Now there are a good chunk of bigs that can shut him down on any given night...it's pathetic.

Add Shaq (still and always), Yao, and Bogut.

T Park
03-15-2008, 08:34 PM
You people make me vomit.

MannyIsGod
03-15-2008, 08:34 PM
:lol no one "owns" duncan. You guys just take his great production for granted a lot of the time.

Herschel Walker
03-15-2008, 08:36 PM
:lol no one "owns" duncan. You guys just take his great production for granted a lot of the time.
Was Duncan not Dalembert's bitch tonight? Just calling it like I see it, and that was obvious. Who knows, maybe its the grueling schedule and Tim will be right after a bit of rest.

T Park
03-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Was Duncan not Dalembert's bitch tonight? Just calling it like I see it, and that was obvious. Who knows, maybe its the grueling schedule and Tim will be right after a bit of rest.

Yeah 8 games in 11 days would have NOTHING to do with it.

Herschel Walker
03-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah 8 games in 11 days would have NOTHING to do with it.
That's why I brought it up, jelly. I hope it is.

bobbyjoe
03-15-2008, 08:40 PM
No one owns him, but if you have a big with length and athleticism, you dont need to double Tim, which makes a huge difference in the overall complexion of the game.

If you are the Pistons facing Tim in the Finals or Celtics (Rasheed and KG), you dont double and stay home on the shooters. Ditto for LA and Bynum. Or Phoenix (when Shaq is in the game). Or Houston if they had a healthy Yao. Ditto with NO and Chandler. You can at least contain Duncan now and prevent him from taking over.

Tim is on the decline. He's nearly 32. It happens. But the Spurs are still good enough to win a title because of Manu/Parker/Popovich. Duncan's role just can't be as dominant as in years past.

And while Shaq doesnt "own" Duncan he has got the better of him most of his career. Even last week, a 35 yr old shell of his self Shaq frustrated and harassed Duncan into a brutal game.

T Park
That's why I brought it up, jelly. I hope it is.

?

What are you 13?

CPIM
Ducan did not whine to ref at all tonight. That's why he had problems. Ducan is at his best when he whines, or even shoves ref to ground. I miss that Duncan.

The Nba Is Rigged
03-15-2008, 09:17 PM
He's only getting owned by the people who are supposed to own him no surprises here...

Ice009
03-15-2008, 09:23 PM
No one owns him, but if you have a big with length and athleticism, you dont need to double Tim, which makes a huge difference in the overall complexion of the game.

If you are the Pistons facing Tim in the Finals or Celtics (Rasheed and KG), you dont double and stay home on the shooters. Ditto for LA and Bynum. Or Phoenix (when Shaq is in the game). Or Houston if they had a healthy Yao. Ditto with NO and Chandler. You can at least contain Duncan now and prevent him from taking over.

Tim is on the decline. He's nearly 32. It happens. But the Spurs are still good enough to win a title because of Manu/Parker/Popovich. Duncan's role just can't be as dominant as in years past.

And while Shaq doesnt "own" Duncan he has got the better of him most of his career. Even last week, a 35 yr old shell of his self Shaq frustrated and harassed Duncan into a brutal game.

How much did Shaq guard TD one on one in TD's prime though? Shaq may have the edge in series wins, but I don't think these two played against each other enough one on one to say one clearly had the edge.