PDA

View Full Version : Finley is washed up

Herschel Walker
03-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Bitch can't even make an open jumper anymore.

T Park will undoubtedly still allow Finley to tea bag him though.

T Park
03-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow with takes like these, who needs yunts?

CPIM
03-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Send him back to Dallas. Well, Pop wanted him to be selfish and be a Spur. Finley makes Dallas cry. I love Finley.

JoeChalupa
03-15-2008, 08:38 PM
You'll be glad when he hits the big shots when it counts. He's done it before and he'll do it again.

T Park
03-15-2008, 08:39 PM
You'll be glad when he hits the big shots when it counts. He's done it before and he'll do it again.

He was washed up at this time last year too.

Amazing how quiet those people got after the Nuggets series.

MannyIsGod
03-15-2008, 08:39 PM
How about if you can't think if more than 2 sentences you stop yourself before starting a new thread? This is a forum, not a chat room.

Sigz
03-15-2008, 08:40 PM

Shut the fuck up.

Herschel Walker
03-15-2008, 08:42 PM
How about if you can't think if more than 2 sentences you stop yourself before starting a new thread? This is a forum, not a chat room.
Yes, the chunky guy throwing the bird in his avatar is the perfect one to speak of decorum.

Maybe I should have ended it with:

"Question. "

blah28
03-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Yes, the chunky guy throwing the bird in his avatar is the perfect one to speak of decorum.

"Question. "
:lol :lol :lol calling him Chunky!!!!

MannyIsGod
03-15-2008, 08:53 PM

"Question. "My bad, I guess if I call you out on your inability to write more than 2 sentences and spam the forum with your new threads I should have realized how butt hurt you would get.

At least you kept it to this thread and didn't run off and start a new one. You're learning which means your stupidity has limits.

T Park
03-15-2008, 08:54 PM

"Question. "

No you should've ended it with a 12 gauge in your mouth.

MannyIsGod
03-15-2008, 08:57 PM
No you should've ended it with a 12 gauge in your mouth.:lol

Oh shit.

T Park
03-15-2008, 08:58 PM
You know your a bad poster when Manny is on my side against you.

Think looooong and hard about that sunny.

Herschel Walker
03-15-2008, 08:59 PM
No you should've ended it with a 12 gauge in your mouth.
Looks like I struck a nerve with the fat boy.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-15-2008, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't throw Finley under the bus yet...

but if him sucking has to do with no confidence because his shot hasn't fallen over a stretch of games, then, that kinda sucks, because he should be more carefree like Horry about it.

InK
03-15-2008, 09:02 PM
I ve been checking the monthly averages for Fin and:

Febr: 11.5 points, 0.457, 0.392 11 games
March:6.4 points, 0.290. 0.258 9 games

Good time to be in a shooting slump... he really needs to get his act together NOW.

Herschel Walker
03-15-2008, 09:03 PM
You know your a bad poster when Manny is on my side against you.

Think looooong and hard about that sunny.
Why? Because a fat guy who wouldnt know what to do with a pussy if he was ever fortunate enough to find a hooker nasty enough to let him bump his fat rolls on her says so?

loveforthegame
03-15-2008, 09:03 PM

Good time to be in a shooting slump... he really needs to get his act together NOW.

That can't be right. Fin's been sucking all year long I thought? He couldn't possibly of have a good month where he shot the ball well.

Can we get back on topic of bashing Finley and blaming him for all the Spurs troubles instead of taking jabs at one another.

Focus people.

T Park
03-15-2008, 09:04 PM

Looks like you don't know me one bit kid.

Herschel Walker
03-15-2008, 09:04 PM

Nice find.

Bitch is washed up.

Isn't that right Eric?

T Park
03-15-2008, 09:05 PM

I'm sure its not intentional.

Amazing how in February he wasn't "Washed up" a few bad games in a month, now he is.

Genius thread :tu

InK
I wouldn't throw Finley under the bus yet...

but if him sucking has to do with no confidence because his shot hasn't fallen over a stretch of games, then, that kinda sucks, because he should be more carefree like Horry about it.

No bus, but this shit has got to stop. Atm it seems like a TO every time he gets the ball. We need the guy though, noone else is gonna step up. Which is blatently evident lately.

T Park
Nice find.

Bitch is washed up.

Isn't that right Eric?

Yeah ignore February right yunt?

batboy
03-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Finley shot 33% in January, 40% and falling on the season, and his new, EPIC shooting slump is distracting everyone from the fact his man has been dribbling around him like a traffic cone.

EDIT: correction -- 38 in january and 33 in october/november

remingtonbo2001

:rolleyes

What's with the influx of idiots lately?

blah28
Is this a retorical question?

T Park
Why? Because a fat guy who wouldnt know what to do with a pussy if he was ever fortunate enough to find a hooker nasty enough to let him bump his fat rolls on her says so?

Wow, that really has what to do with michael Finley sunshine?

Great stuff :tu

T Park
03-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Finley shot 33% in January, 40% and falling on the season, and his new, EPIC shooting slump is distracting everyone from the fact his man has been dribbling around him like a traffic cone.

EDIT: correction -- 38 in january and 33 in october/november

Ignore December and February when he was huge to the team though :tu

Greatness!!!!!!!!!!

batboy
03-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Ignore December and February when he was huge to the team though :tu

Greatness!!!!!!!!!!

How is shooting about the league average on wide open jumpers and still sucking on D being "huge" to the team? You are cherry picking two months of mediocrity and lampooning us for looking at _the rest of the year_

blah28
03-15-2008, 09:12 PM
How is shooting about the league average on wide open jumpers and still sucking on D being "huge" to the team? You are cherry picking two months of mediocrity and lampooning us for looking at _the rest of the year_

Score
1 point for Batboy
0 points for T Park

Herschel Walker
Wow, that really has what to do with michael Finley sunshine?

Great stuff :tu

About as much as a couple of your posts did porky.

When was the last time the bitch made a meaningful shot? How many open looks is he bricking?

T Park

Nope I just remember the guy turns it up in big games.

Thats all.

Sorry that you people have such short memories.

T Park
03-15-2008, 09:13 PM

When was the last time the bitch made a meaningful shot? How many open looks is he bricking?

Pistons game last night?

Sorry that he scored your wife, but thats between you and your wife, not this forum.

T Park
03-15-2008, 09:14 PM

BTW sir, your the one that shot the first insult salvo kiddo, so look in the mirror 15 year old.

batboy
Nope I just remember the guy turns it up in big games.

Thats all.

Sorry that you people have such short memories.

Boy he sure turned it up in Philly tonight. Luckily this wasn't a big game since we have such a runaway lead on the West.

Herschel Walker

You'll have to remove Finley's nuts from Eric's mouth before he'll have an unobstructed view of reality.

T Park
03-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Boy he sure turned it up in Philly tonight. Luckily this wasn't a big game since we have such a runaway lead on the West.

No problem, in the playoffs, stay the fuck away from him when he drops 15 and 4 and helps the Spurs to victory.

You don't say SHIT about him.

Herschel Walker
03-15-2008, 09:16 PM
BTW sir, your the one that shot the first insult salvo kiddo, so look in the mirror 15 year old.
So am I 15 or old enough to have a wife? At least keep your weak ass smack consistent.

T Park
03-15-2008, 09:17 PM
You'll have to remove Finley's nuts from Eric's mouth before he'll have an unobstructed view of reality.

Who is "Eric'

Herschel Walker
03-15-2008, 09:18 PM
I don't care about the insults. I know I fired the first shot. What's your point?

T Park
03-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Point is your a jerk :lol

Try and stay on point though I know you have a hard time with that being off the meds and all.

batboy
03-15-2008, 09:20 PM
No problem, in the playoffs, stay the fuck away from him when he drops 15 and 4 and helps the Spurs to victory.

You don't say SHIT about him.

Try 11.3 and 2.9 in 26.9mpg. But you know if he just did that again and found his sidestep on D I would gladly STFU.

InK

Its huge if u compare it to shooting way bellow league average and still sucking on d. Which sums our other options.

Noone is talking resigning, but sadly, and i do mean that, he is the best option out of the small army of absolutely atrocious ones.

Budkin
Fin will be there for us in the playoffs. You watch.

T Park
03-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Its huge if u compare it to shooting way bellow league average and still sucking on d. Which sums our other options.

Noone is talking resigning, but sadly, and i do mean that, he is the best option out of the small army of absolutely atrocious ones.

Hes a volume shooter always has been always will be.

Its amazing he shoots 45% as it is.

Herschel Walker
03-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Point is your a jerk :lol

Try and stay on point though I know you have a hard time with that being off the meds and all.
I'm never much for grammar or spelling smack, but just to throw it out there It's "you're a jerk"

batboy
03-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Hes a volume shooter always has been always will be.

Its amazing he shoots 45% as it is.

T Park
03-15-2008, 09:26 PM
What did he shoot in February sunshine?

batboy
03-15-2008, 09:27 PM
What did he shoot in February sunshine?

Why pick one month? Go through the box scores and find a 100% game while you are at it.

Herschel Walker
03-15-2008, 09:28 PM
What's with calling dudes "sunshine"? What are you a stripper?

InK
03-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Why pick one month? Go through the box scores and find a 100% game while you are at it.

Ur a very funny guy battie, and that be no lie.

Edit: casue of the cute horsies, duh

mavsfan1000
03-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Finley has been washed up for the last 4 years.

The Nba Is Rigged
03-15-2008, 09:56 PM
He's only being the player he is supposed to be no surprises here...

loveforthegame
03-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Bumping this for those that don't want to wait until the game is over.

SpursFan0728
03-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Bumping this for those that don't want to wait until the game is over.
that fucker is shooting bricks...

Herschel Walker
03-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Que? Finley playing like doggie shit again?

What a surprise

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-17-2008, 09:28 PM

he was washed up before he put on a Spurs uni

SpurOutofTownFan
03-17-2008, 10:16 PM
After all I have to acknowledge Finley is probably done. I think he can still bring it the problem is he's been streaky and the team needs consistency from the starting shooting guard, whoever he is. If Finley doesn't give you at least 10 pts a game and 4-5 rebounds then you have a huge liability. Don't know whether he needs to have a "technical speech" from pop or what but really - probably in that aspect something needs to be done.

When Barry comes back if he's healthy I can see him starting in Fin's place like before Finley came to the team and Manu started going to the bench. I can see an starting line up with Parket, Barry, Bowen Oberto and Duncan for the playoffs and depending on the opponent switching Oberto for Thomas and Manu for Barry.

mavsfan1000
03-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Brent Barry should be starting instead of Finley.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Brent Barry should be starting instead of Finley.
I would agree but Barry isn't playing yet.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Barry better get healthy because Finley is done.

1Parker1
03-17-2008, 11:13 PM
AHF, You need to start your usual Fire Pop threads! Spurs always seem to start winning again after you start those :)

Das Texan
03-17-2008, 11:24 PM

as long as barry can run and hit a fucking jumpshot we will be ok.

cause you have to know pop is playing finley only cause he doesnt have barry to use.

there is no other reason logically.

baseline bum
03-17-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm a huge Fin fan, but he is aging quickly and it's starting to look like he should be playing a Steve Kerr circa 03 level role.

loveforthegame
03-17-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm a huge Fin fan, but he is aging quickly and it's starting to look like he should be playing a Steve Kerr circa 03 level role.

That's not a bad idea. It really depends on whether Barry is healthy and can stay healthy.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-17-2008, 11:55 PM

I think if you put Barry in the lineup instead of Finley the Spurs win by double digits tonight.

1Parker1
03-17-2008, 11:56 PM
I think if you put Barry in the lineup instead of Finley the Spurs win by double digits tonight.

Well, a healthy Brent Barry. It'll be difficult to tell in what shape Barry will be in after not playing for so long and also he reinjured the same leg twice....

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Well, a healthy Brent Barry. It'll be difficult to tell in what shape Barry will be in after not playing for so long and also he reinjured the same leg twice....

He will be healthy.

He will.

I hope he will.

ChuckD
03-18-2008, 06:52 AM
Finley got his ring, and he just doesn't look hungry any more. In his first two years, he's had stretches when he sucked, and stretches when he was en fuego. He's pretty much just sucked this year, with the odd good game or two thrown in.

SenorSpur
03-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Throughout is career, Finley's been a solid professional and a good teammate. He was an athletic wonder coming out of Wisconsin. I often longed for the Spurs to have been able to get their hands on such a player - even back then.

However, this is not the young Finley the Spurs brought to town. This is the thinking-man's version of Finley. The older, more mature version of Finley. The one-dimensional, jump-shooting player, who cannot or will not drive the ball the to cup, can't beat anyone off the dribble and cannot create shots for himself or his teammates. Sure the Spurs need him to hit shots, but when he's not hitting them, it's tough to justify having him on the floor because he doesn't bring much else. After all, he's not even an average defensive player.

In case you didn't know, Finley was as maligned in Dallas for EXACTLY these same reasons. However back then, his detractors pointed to his exhorbiant salary in relation to his pedestrian contributions. This isn't Finley hate (I think he's a good guy), but these criticisms were nothing new with Mavs supporters back then or Spurs supporters now. The fact is Finley has been in this declining comfort zone for about 5 years. It was simply a matter of time before his declining skills became noticeable to those who haven't watched him over the past half decade. Unfortunately, it's now come to a point where he cannot be depended on for consistent contributions from game to game.

S_A_Longhorn
03-18-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't know if he is 'washed up', but he is not playing his game. The shooting between mid-range to 3-pt range is just no there for him, which may be effecting his confidence in his game within the Spurs offense.

We're going to need him in the playoffs.

DarrinS
03-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Findawg is in his prime

http://www.aaregistry.com/eimage/WhitmanMayo.gif

Kermit
03-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Everytime I complain about Finley, he comes through in the clutch. I've honestly started to the like the guy, but he's got that Jeff Bagwell syndrome, were he absolutely kills himself mentally when he starts clanking shots. He's become an important part of this team, though and I'm not going to write him off just yet. He'll come out of it, and if he doesn't hopefully Brent will be a capable 2nd option.

Mr. Body
03-18-2008, 03:23 PM
None of this is Finley's fault. He just can't do it anymore. He should be used in spot minutes for scoring bursts, but we're required to use him far too much because we don't have any other players who can do anything like score a few buckets or sorta play PF in small sets.

It's rather the front office's fault for not bringing in players that could help, or tossing away very solid PFs who could soak up minutes and play well.

Holt's Cat
03-18-2008, 06:49 PM
Barry and a less crowded schedule should help Fin.

GrandeDavid
03-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Who is "Eric'

Upstair's at Eric's?