PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Notebook: 'Dirty' Label Upsets Bowen

duncan228
03-15-2008, 11:17 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA031608.11C.BKNspurs.notebook.3221880.html

Spurs notebook: 'Dirty' label upsets Bowen
Jeff McDonald
Express-News

(EDITOR'S NOTE: Early game notes - will be updated)

PHILADELPHIA — A night after the NBA suspended him for a game for purportedly kicking another player, Spurs forward Bruce Bowen was back on defense Saturday.

Specifically, he was defending his reputation.

Vehemently denying the league's assertion that he had purposefully kicked New Orleans guard Chris Paul, Bowen said it bothers him to be considered a dirty player.

"When people think of me, all they think about is, 'He's dirty,'" Bowen said before the Spurs' game against the 76ers. "You don't ever want to be looked at as a player like that."

The incident occurred in the third quarter of the Spurs' loss at New Orleans on Wednesday, when Bowen and Paul became entangled in a fight for a loose ball. Paul was called for a foul on the play, but upon viewing tape of the episode, Stu Jackson, the league's executive vice president of basketball operations, ruled that Bowen had kicked Paul after the whistle.

The league informed Bowen of its decision to suspend him after shootaround Friday in Detroit. He watched the Spurs' 84-80 loss to the Pistons on television at the team hotel.

The suspension ended Bowen's league-best streaks of consecutive games played and started at 500.

At the time, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he didn't think Bowen's crime warranted the punishment meted out.

"It doesn't reach the level of other suspensions that I've seen, either in physicality or harm," Popovich said.

Bowen agreed. He recalled a game in 2006 when he kicked then-Seattle guard Ray Allen in the back during a tangle — and admitted to it.

Bowen's punishment then? A $10,000 fine and no suspension.

"I kicked Ray, and I was wrong for that, and I dealt with the consequences of that," Bowen said. "But the consequences here were greater, and it wasn't a kick."

Back in action Saturday night, Bowen has chosen to take a philosophical view of the ordeal.

"I'm a Christian," he said. "Sometimes when we feel like we're wrongfully accused, you have to look at it as people we try to emulate our lives after were wrongfully accused. It's about how you handle that, more than anything else.

"Are you able to just continue on with life and move on? Or do you allow that to be a deterrent? It's important to move on. Sometimes things happen like that, but life doesn't stop."

Udoka on mend:

Popovich says he expects injured swingman Ime Udoka to be ready for Monday's game against Boston.

Udoka, who has been battling a foot problem for several weeks, was sent back to San Antonio for treatment after Wednesday's loss at New Orleans.

"We watched him play in that game, and he could hardly move," Popovich said.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Great news about Udoka :tu

Findog
03-15-2008, 11:22 PM
"When people think of me, all they think about is, 'He's dirty,'" Bowen said before the Spurs' game against the 76ers. "You don't ever want to be looked at as a player like that."

:violin

atxrocker
03-15-2008, 11:23 PM
rofl rofl @ wrongly accussed. poor bruce.

Findog
03-15-2008, 11:26 PM
rofl rofl @ wrongly accussed. poor bruce.

Bruce Christ has been crucified by the Jews!

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/07/24/sports/basketball/24nba-600.jpg

Forgive them Lord, they know not what they do.

T Park
03-15-2008, 11:27 PM
:rolleyes thanks for ruining it...

Good news on Ime.

remingtonbo2001
03-15-2008, 11:30 PM
:lol @ findog. That picture of Stern is halarious.

I think Bowen's record should continue actively.

It should followed by an astrix in the record book which states

* 1 game FUCK UP by the NBA.

duncan228
03-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Great news about Udoka :tu

It is.
We need every hand we can get on deck for Monday.

DaDakota
03-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Bowen dirty?

Nah, you don't say...

;)

DD

The Nba Is Rigged
03-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Bowen's a good dude but sometimes I just think he loses it which ends up in plays that his opponents think are dirty. Like his Kick on Ray Allen or his jump kick In Wally's face.

Findog
03-15-2008, 11:40 PM
The bottom line is that Bowen is a dirty player who frequently crosses the line. However, fans would love to have him on their team and hate him when he isn't.

ancestron
03-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Excellent defense by Bowen.

DazedAndConfused
03-15-2008, 11:58 PM
You know Bowen is dirty when people on a computer tech. forum are calling him out....

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=38&threadid=2166455&enterthread=y

ploto
03-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Pulling out the "wrongfully accused card" as we enter Holy Week is pretty pathetic.

1Parker1
03-16-2008, 12:05 AM
:tu That was a pretty classy way for Bowen to defend himself on the incident. He easily could have gone on a tirade about the NBA and the unfairness of the suspension. Instead he seems to come out honest and sincere and hopefully by the sound of it, he's not going to let the suspension change the way he approaches and plays the game.

djgruvy
03-16-2008, 12:10 AM
I can't take this anymore....First Dunacn offers to help Snaq up and he ignores the shitt out of him....That should have been a declaration of war..and why the fuck is Timmy helping up Chris Paul after Bowen stepped all over him. That's bullshitt......

hater
03-16-2008, 12:11 AM
nice try troll. now go back to your Suns forum

Viva Las Espuelas
03-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Bowen dirty?

Nah, you don't say...

;)

DDi got two words that might scare you

SECOND ROUND!!!!

ancestron
03-16-2008, 12:13 AM
<crickets>

The Nba Is Rigged
03-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Poor Bruce Bowen...

m33p0
03-16-2008, 06:10 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/07/24/sports/basketball/24nba-600.jpg
off-topic but this photo deserves a photoshop

CPIM
03-16-2008, 07:55 AM

"When people think of me, all they think about is, 'He's dirty,'" Bowen said before the Spurs' game against the 76ers.

The suspension ended Bowen's league-best streaks of consecutive games played and started at 500.

"It doesn't reach the level of other suspensions that I've seen, either in physicality or harm," Popovich said.

"I kicked Ray, ...

"I'm a Christian," he said. "Sometimes when we feel like we're wrongfully accused,....."

Wow, dirty Bowen put himself with Jesus :madrun

team-work
03-16-2008, 09:10 AM
I also hope that Bruce gets over this incident quickly. He's always a great player whom I admire very much.

Today I played 3-on-3 basketball in a street court. Defensively, I tried to be diligent & stayed physically close to my opponent (of course my efficiency & skills are nothing compared with Bruce.) The result is that at the end of the game, the man I guarded against said something very bad to me. I didn't respond so the incident didn't end in a quarrel or fight. After that I think I have a little understanding of Bowen's situation.

Admidave50
03-16-2008, 09:17 AM
I also hope that Bruce gets over this incident quickly. He's always a great player whom I admire very much.

Today I played 3-on-3 basketball in a street court. Defensively, I tried to be diligent & stayed physically close to my opponent (of course my efficiency & skills are nothing compared with Bruce.) The result is that at the end of the game, the man I guarded against said something very bad to me. I didn't respond so the incident didn't end in a quarrel or fight. After that I think I have a little understanding of Bowen's situation.

hehe you're in HK right? I'm in Guangzhou and Chinese people defend like shit! It always end in a fight! Maybe one day I can catch you in a court at Victoria Park!

team-work
03-16-2008, 10:36 AM
hehe you're in HK right? I'm in Guangzhou and Chinese people defend like shit! It always end in a fight! Maybe one day I can catch you in a court at Victoria Park!

I live in Kowloon & seldom goes to the Victoria Park, which is in Hong Kong Island. Maybe next time either you or I goes there, we try to inform one another beforehand!

T Park
03-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Pulling out the "wrongfully accused card" as we enter Holy Week is pretty pathetic.

Wow, the bitter bitch pulls out a crack on Bruce Bowen.

One of the classiest people on the team.

Great job Ploto you've sunk to new depths of stupidity :tu

michaelwcho
03-16-2008, 11:27 AM

This is a very careful, "that depends what the meaning of is, is" type of sentence. It doesn't specifically say it hurt his feelings. It just as well could mean it's a disadvantage with the refs to be known that way. I'm sorry, I love Bruce, but I am a little suspicious after that weird kick against Amare. It's kind of like you have a real good friend, but then you see him do something you thought was far out of character, and you lose a bit of trust and doubt him a little.

ploto
03-16-2008, 11:40 AM

Last time I checked Jesus did not have a history of kicking people in the face or the back. He was completely sinless and wrongfully accused. For Bruce even to hint at a relation between his situation and Jesus' life is disgusting to me as we enter the most Holy Week of the entire year. Truly.

loveforthegame
03-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Good news about Udoka. We need him out there and hopefully his offense returns as well.

DarrinS
03-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Can somone please photoshop Bruce's face in a habit.

http://snipsnap.org/space/kingwong/nun.jpg

T Park
03-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Last time I checked Jesus did not have a history of kicking people in the face or the back. He was completely sinless and wrongfully accused. For Bruce even to hint at a relation between his situation and Jesus' life is disgusting to me as we enter the most Holy Week of the entire year. Truly.

Then swing from the shower curtain and do the fuckin world a favor.

rasho8
03-16-2008, 12:16 PM

I never said anything about you but you really are retarded arent you?

I mean seriously its great they let kids with mental disabilities type on computers, but they should at least add forum blocks so the rest of us dont have to listen to your mewling all the time.

Now put your helmet back on and try not to run into any walls while watching TV.

Great leave now. plskthnx

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-16-2008, 12:22 PM
ploto
ATXRocker
Findog

So none of you would respond to being punched in the groin by someone else?

(ploto, substitute being donkey punched for this question)

T Park
03-16-2008, 12:24 PM
apparently not because shes a perfect christian.

She acts like a bitter old nun that never gets laid though I'll say that.

Gino
03-16-2008, 12:26 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA031608.11C.BKNspurs.notebook.3221880.html

Spurs notebook: 'Dirty' label upsets Bowen
Jeff McDonald
Express-News

(EDITOR'S NOTE: Early game notes - will be updated)

PHILADELPHIA — A night after the NBA suspended him for a game for purportedly kicking another player, Spurs forward Bruce Bowen was back on defense Saturday.

Vehemently denying the league's assertion that he had purposefully kicked New Orleans guard Chris Paul, Bowen said it bothers him to be considered a dirty player.

The incident occurred in the third quarter of the Spurs' loss at New Orleans on Wednesday, when Bowen and Paul became entangled in a fight for a loose ball. Paul was called for a foul on the play, but upon viewing tape of the episode, Stu Jackson, the league's executive vice president of basketball operations, ruled that Bowen had kicked Paul after the whistle.

The league informed Bowen of its decision to suspend him after shootaround Friday in Detroit. He watched the Spurs' 84-80 loss to the Pistons on television at the team hotel.

At the time, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he didn't think Bowen's crime warranted the punishment meted out.

Bowen agreed. He recalled a game in 2006 when he kicked then-Seattle guard Ray Allen in the back during a tangle — and admitted to it.

Bowen's punishment then? A $10,000 fine and no suspension.

"I kicked Ray, and I was wrong for that, and I dealt with the consequences of that," Bowen said. "But the consequences here were greater, and it wasn't a kick."

Back in action Saturday night, Bowen has chosen to take a philosophical view of the ordeal.

"I'm a Christian," he said. "Sometimes when we feel like we're wrongfully accused, you have to look at it as people we try to emulate our lives after were wrongfully accused. It's about how you handle that, more than anything else.

"Are you able to just continue on with life and move on? Or do you allow that to be a deterrent? It's important to move on. Sometimes things happen like that, but life doesn't stop."

Udoka on mend:

Popovich says he expects injured swingman Ime Udoka to be ready for Monday's game against Boston.

Udoka, who has been battling a foot problem for several weeks, was sent back to San Antonio for treatment after Wednesday's loss at New Orleans.

"We watched him play in that game, and he could hardly move," Popovich said.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Oh wow.......

Findog
03-16-2008, 12:26 PM
ploto
ATXRocker
Findog

So none of you would respond to being punched in the groin by someone else?

(ploto, substitute being donkey punched for this question)

I thought Bruce was a Christian and Christians turn the other cheek.

But don't worry, on the third day after the Pistons game he will rise again.

Gino
03-16-2008, 12:36 PM
LMAO @ Saint Bruce!!!

Findog
03-16-2008, 12:40 PM
LMAO @ Saint Bruce!!!

He's got holes in his hands and he's never been laid!

foodie2
03-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Bible-thumper forum.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 01:59 PM
He was wrongfully punished, not wrongfully accused.

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 02:10 PM
I thought Bruce was a Christian and Christians turn the other cheek.

But don't worry, on the third day after the Pistons game he will rise again.

God gave us these things we call testicles, and when someone hits us there, it is extremely difficult to control our actions. But of course, a person with no balls like yourself wouldn't understand this concept.

I liked what Bruce said, and am glad that I will see him in heaven one day.

-Mars

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-16-2008, 02:19 PM
He's got holes in his hands and he's never been laid!

I guess it's better than having no balls like your All-Star PF.

Ronaldo McDonald
03-16-2008, 02:21 PM

You've already explored and conquered the lowest depths of stupidity my friend.

Findog
03-16-2008, 02:22 PM
God gave us these things we call testicles, and when someone hits us there, it is extremely difficult to control our actions. But of course, a person with no balls like yourself wouldn't understand this concept.

I liked what Bruce said, and am glad that I will see him in heaven one day.

-Mars

You're a fucking idiot.

Findog
03-16-2008, 02:24 PM
I guess it's better than having no balls like your All-Star PF.

Ooh! Total Burn! What a bunch of whiny bitches you guys are. I guess you take your cue from Bruce Christ.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1131/584164849_fd6afd43b9_o.jpg

"What did I do? What did I do?"

Phenomanul
03-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Bowen is a defensive pest... And he does his job exceptionally well.

Why would it surprise anyone that players don't like being hounded by him? What else is new? Do they expect an unimpeded path to the basket? That the opposition simply quit on defense?

His high profile label is created because he usually defends the opposition's marquee perimeter player. Bowen is obviously no saint on the court... but the very nature of his role will never allow him to be that player (you know... the player that's always smiling and cordial with everybody on the court).

On the court he will always be the player you hate to face, and be generally disliked. But, to accuse him of purposely trying to end other players' careers is beyond comprehension and an utter lie. To further suggest that he is a 'bad Christian' for doing his job on the court is stupid, irrelevant and unfair. Bowen didn't throw the Christian word in there to defend his actions, he threw it in there because he's trying to state that his personal convictions don't mesh with the notion that he could simultaneously be a ruthless, machiavellian player.

Bowen's community work is a reflection of his personal convictions. Anybody that is acquainted with his lifestory would be hard pressed to find a more dedicated individual (outside of Robinson and Mutombo). And unlike many of Bowen's NBA peers, he doesn't do it for the publicity or as part of an NBA mandate that requires all players 'work' x amount of hours for the community. His work is compassionate and heartfelt; one can see it even when the cameras aren't rolling [personal story about my cousin].

Bowen plays hard, and sometimes his plays do get 'testy'. But outside of the two incidents stated above (for which he has already paid his dues) labeling him 'dirty' is a copout tactic to get the league to restrict his effectiveness (exhibit A - the Phoenix Suns organization, Phil Jackson, Isaiah Thomas etc...).

The two guys who started that accusation: Vince Carter and Ray Allen - blatantly lied about saying Bruce had 'ended their season', or 'injured their ankle on purpose'. Both were later confronted after seeing footage that proved the contrary; they recanted their statements, but the damage was already done. What hurts is that the media failed to present both sides. They could care less about the 'dirty image' they had created for Bowen and had no intentions of undoing their unjust mischaracterization. The documented lies stated by Carter and Allen received very little media attention - they weren't even a footnote on BSPN. Instead, their lies keep getting propagated and used against Bowen to the point where they've ruined a very special iron-man streak. Yeah, I would be quite upset.

ploto, get off of your high-horse already.

Findog
03-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Waiting for the "4 rings, empty trophycase" comeback AggieHoopsfan. Don't keep me waiting...

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Ooh! Total Burn! What a bunch of whiny bitches you guys are. I guess you take your cue from Bruce Christ.
http://www.freshglue.com/fresh_glue/images/cuban_all.jpg

Ronaldo McDonald
03-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Bowen is a defensive pest... And he does his job exceptionally well.

Why would it surprise anyone that players don't like being hounded by him? What else is new? Do they expect an unimpeded path to the basket? That the opposition simply quit on defense?

His high profile label is created because he usually defends the opposition's marquee perimeter player. Bowen is obviously no saint on the court... but the very nature of his role will never allow him to be that player (you know... the player that's always smiling and cordial with everybody on the court).

On the court he will always be the player you hate to face, and be generally disliked. But, to accuse him of purposely trying to end other players' careers is beyond comprehension and an utter lie. To further suggest that he is a 'bad Christian' for doing his job on the court is stupid, irrelevant and unfair. Bowen didn't throw the Christian word in there to defend his actions, he threw it in there because he's trying to state that his personal convictions don't mesh with the notion that he could simultaneously be a ruthless, machiavellian player.

Bowen's community work is a reflection of his personal convictions. Anybody that is acquainted with his lifestory would be hard pressed to find a more dedicated individual (outside of Robinson and Mutombo). And unlike many of Bowen's NBA peers, he doesn't do it for the publicity or as part of an NBA mandate that requires all players 'work' x amount of hours for the community. His work is compassionate and heartfelt; one can see it even when the cameras aren't rolling [personal story about my cousin].

Bowen plays hard, and sometimes his plays do get 'testy'. But outside of the two incidents stated above (for which he has already paid his dues) labeling him 'dirty' is a copout tactic to get the league to restrict his effectiveness (exhibit A - the Phoenix Suns organization, Phil Jackson, Isaiah Thomas etc...).

The two guys who started that accusation: Vince Carter and Ray Allen - blatantly lied about saying Bruce had 'ended their season', or 'injured their ankle on purpose'. Both were later confronted after seeing footage that proved the contrary; they recanted their statements, but the damage was already done. What hurts is that the media failed to present both sides. They could care less about the 'dirty image' they had created for Bowen and had no intentions of undoing their unjust mischaracterization. The documented lies stated by Carter and Allen received very little media attention - they weren't even a footnote on BSPN. Instead, their lies keep getting propagated and used against Bowen to the point where they've ruined a very special iron-man streak. Yeah, I would be quite upset.

ploto, get off of your high-horse already.

He has gotten more than just "testy" man. The kick to the back of ray was dirty and so was the knee to Chris Paul. The movement that he made when he kneed steve nash looked intentional, and so did the one where he stepped on Amare's heel. And I'm a Spurs fan. Bruce is constantly in control of his body when he is playing defense. To make those sort of mistakes is uncharacteristic of Bruce.

ploto
03-16-2008, 03:39 PM
You do know that according to player survey, Bruce Bowen was named the second dirtiest player in the NBA. What annoys me is people claiming that it is because he plays good defense but that simply is not true. I do not recall anyone calling Shane Battier or Marcus Camby dirty. It is a cop out to claim the objections are because he is a good defender-- the objections are because he hurts people knowingly. Does he play dirty every game- no-- all the time-- no- but when he gets frustrated he plays dirty. Everyone knows it. His playing the martyr is downright pathetic. I recall him being admonished for misconduct. And yes, Bruce has control over his body. He does not accidentally kick people in the face. He knows exactly what he is doing, and he goes overboard at times. It is a shame: he will never be the defensive player of the year because of it.

ploto
03-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Bowen didn't throw the Christian word in there to defend...

Of course he did.

Bowen plays hard, and sometimes his plays do get 'testy'

This is testy? Players always block shots with their feet first?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhTjSrZi91Y

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-16-2008, 03:44 PM
He deserves the label.

You sleep with one sheep...

rasho8
03-16-2008, 03:49 PM
You do know that according to player survey, Bruce Bowen was named the second dirtiest player in the NBA. What annoys me is people claiming that it is because he plays good defense but that simply is not true. I do not recall anyone calling Shane Battier or Marcus Camby dirty. It is a cop out to claim the objections are because he is a good defender-- the objections are because he hurts people knowingly. Does he play dirty every game- no-- all the time-- no- but when he gets frustrated he plays dirty. Everyone knows it. His playing the martyr is downright pathetic. I recall him being admonished for misconduct. And yes, Bruce has control over his body. He does not accidentally kick people in the face. He knows exactly what he is doing, and he goes overboard at times. It is a shame: he will never be the defensive player of the year because of it.

How dare you? Wally viscously attacked Bruce's foot with his face while Bruce was in midair. I can only assume he was trying to cause harm to Bruce by disrupting his landing and possibly ending his career.

People like Wally should be stopped, slamming your face into someones foot while they are airborne is quite possibly the most dangerous thing you can do to that player.

Now shut up and go away.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 03:51 PM
:lol @ ploto saying Bowen had complete control over the Wally kick.

timvp
03-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Bowen has succeeded at getting into the minds of the opposing players. Even their fans are shook. If opponents, fans and refs go into games worrying about what Bowen is going to do, that'll make life easier for everyone else on the Spurs.

Hate Bruce Bowen.

Thanks.

Findog
03-16-2008, 04:11 PM
http://www.freshglue.com/fresh_glue/images/cuban_all.jpg

"Although I don't agree with the process for evaluating possible suspensions, we are not going to contest this one," Cuban said. "We know Dirk wasn't trying to hurt anyone or do anything more than stop a layup, but if it had happened to one of our guys, we would want the same result."

Meanwhile, in Spurs land....

:baby

timvp
03-16-2008, 04:13 PM
^^

Mission Accomplished.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 04:15 PM
:lmao

Are you kidding me?

One example of Cuban's not whining does nothing to erase the hundreds of times he cried like a bitch.

Findog
03-16-2008, 04:15 PM
^^

Mission Accomplished.

I'm totally psyched out by Bruce Bowen. I can't even shower or put on my pants anymore.

Findog
03-16-2008, 04:17 PM
:lmao

Are you kidding me?

One example of Cuban's not whining does nothing to erase the hundreds of times he cried like a bitch.

How so? When was the last time he was fined? It's taken him about 7 years and 8 figures, but he's finally caught on that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. And don't get me started on how it takes three and a half hours to complete a Spurs game because you guys won't leave the refs alone.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 04:20 PM
How so?Because he did it. it happened.

He can't even handle bloggers.

He's a colossal pussy.

Findog
03-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Because he did it. it happened.

He can't even handle bloggers.

He's a colossal pussy.

He's not soiling his diapers over a measly one-game suspension to his team's fifth-best player. That's more than the Spurs organization can say.

What's the patented Spurs move: the Duncan bank shot or palms up with sad, pleading eyes?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1131/584164849_fd6afd43b9_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1193/584165129_b81759bd0e.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1401/584165095_2603274489_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1036/584164855_5244f9617a_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1240/632788748_54a0f93361_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1099/584175365_ab2f20a7d7_o.jpg

You guys have four rings. Act like it.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 04:29 PM
He's not soiling his diapers over a measly one-game suspension to his team's fifth-best player. That's more than the Spurs organization can say.No, his being afraid of bloggers writing something on the internets is much, much, much worse. It's pathetic.

You guys have four rings. Act like it.I don't have any rings. The punishment didn't fit the offense. There's not much else to say.

td4mvp21
03-16-2008, 05:03 PM
:lmao Spurs fans can't bring up our four rings but Mavs fans can to prove a bullshit point. Wow. Practice what you preach, if you don't want us talking about our four rings don't use them to prove a point. I'd rather have our players whine to the officials DURING the game rather than our whole fucking organization bitch about officials to the press/media/whoever (like the Mavs). The Mavs truly are the epitome of pathetic.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
03-16-2008, 05:44 PM
He's not soiling his diapers over a measly one-game suspension to his team's fifth-best player. That's more than the Spurs organization can say.

What's the patented Spurs move: the Duncan bank shot or palms up with sad, pleading eyes?

You guys have four rings. Act like it.

The definition of irony is that this post comes from a Mavs fan.

http://estaticos01.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundodeporte/fotos_del_dia/2006/12/10/1165745221_extras_fotos_del_dia_0.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/phil_taylor/06/21/mavs.finals/t1_cuban1.jpg

http://chicagoist.com/attachments/chicago_benjy/2007_07_sports_mark_cuban.jpg
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41786000/jpg/_41786932_avery416.jpg

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060620/060620_mavericksFans_vmed_10p.widec.jpg

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/01-06/0103mavs.jpg

http://espn.starwave.com/i/search/nbafinals2006/AVERY_JOHNSON_GM5_ARGUE_thumbnail_small.jpg

And all that whinning for a jump shooting team that go to the line a lot.

You guys have zero rings, and everybody can tell by the way you act.

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 07:10 PM
You're a fucking idiot.

yup, just as I thought. no balls at all.

-Mars

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Meanwhile, in Spurs land....

:baby

you're a fucking idiot.

-Mars

Findog
03-16-2008, 07:19 PM
yup, just as I thought. no balls at all.

-Mars

How old are you? 12?

- Findog

Findog
03-16-2008, 07:20 PM
you're a fucking idiot.

-Mars

Isn't it Sunday? Why aren't you in Church?

- Findog

Findog
you're a fucking idiot.

-Mars

I thought Christians weren't supposed to use language like that.

- Findog

ClingingMars
How old are you? 12?

18, but nice try. why does that matter?

-Mars

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 07:21 PM
I thought Christians weren't supposed to use language like that.

- Findog

as I've said before, I never use such language outside of the interwebs, i use message boards like these as a stress release. thus, I don't really use it anywhere else.

also, i was just copying your response to my post to show your idiocy.

-Mars

Findog
03-16-2008, 07:22 PM
18, but nice try. why does that matter?

-Mars

It explains a lot.

- Findog

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Isn't it Sunday? Why aren't you in Church?

- Findog

so you're so desperate you use my religion as a response? how pathetic are you.

-Mars

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 07:23 PM
It explains a lot.

- Findog

ok, whatever makes you feel better. :elephant

-Mars

Findog
03-16-2008, 07:24 PM
as I've said before, I never use such language outside of the interwebs, i use message boards like these as a stress release.

Translation: I'm a hypocrite and need not be paid attention.

Spoken like a true teenager. Here's some helpful advice, don't ever give out your age again.

- Findog

BIG z
Bowen suspension? Good. Its not like i hate the guy, he is one of the best defenders in the league. But his play has been very frustrating this season, now that his streak is over, we can "someitmes" bring him of the bench also. Can you guys also explain why the spurs run that screen play form bowen 3-4 times a game? Isn't the corner three enough.... It seems that the spurs run more plays for him than duncan sometimes he's not that good from inside three, so its a wasted possesion. Oh and i feel sorry for his streak to come to an end. The other thing i was shocked was Micheal Finely attempts close to 11 shots per game.

Findog
so you're so desperate you use my religion as a response? how pathetic are you.

-Mars

What religion would that be? Do as I say, not as I do? That religion?

- Findog

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 07:26 PM
What religion would that be? Do as I say, not as I do? That religion?

- Findog

if you care that much about what is said on the internet, you really need to get a life, bud.

-Mars

koriwhat
03-16-2008, 07:30 PM

ref: "you suck dick like this... cup the balls and start gagging."
parker: "eva does it differently."

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Translation: I'm a hypocrite and need not be paid attention.

Spoken like a true teenager. Here's some helpful advice, don't ever give out your age again.

- Findog

again

http://cache.bordom.net/images/f9cc829ae0b529241778cbc6134fbbcc.jpg

-Mars

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 07:32 PM

ref: "you suck dick like this... cup the balls and start gagging."
parker: "eva does it differently."

:lmao :lmao :lmao

-Mars

Findog
03-16-2008, 07:36 PM
if you care that much about what is said on the internet, you really need to get a life, bud.

-Mars

Hey, I don't believe I was addressing my remarks to you to begin with. You started this exchange by insulting me. Just like a teenager, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and you can dish it, but you can't take it. Grow up and get some thicker skin.

- Findog

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-16-2008, 07:37 PM

This is a very careful, "that depends what the meaning of is, is" type of sentence. It doesn't specifically say it hurt his feelings. It just as well could mean it's a disadvantage with the refs to be known that way. I'm sorry, I love Bruce, but I am a little suspicious after that weird kick against Amare. It's kind of like you have a real good friend, but then you see him do something you thought was far out of character, and you lose a bit of trust and doubt him a little.
Bowen isn't a saint on the court, and I'm pretty sure fans would be annoyed by his old school defense if he played on another team. But he's not dirty, he's just pesky and smart.

And I agree, the article is a little misleading. But I don't think Bowen should be bothered by it too much because who gives a fuck about the stupid stereotype

But since he seems like just this hardworking guy for his team, he probably feels he doesn't deserve his claim to fame by being known as "that dirty player".

Harry Callahan
03-16-2008, 07:41 PM
LMAO @ Saint Bruce!!!

I want to thank the Celtics for dumping Bruce Bowen in 1999 or 2000. You guys could have used him the last seven or eight years. BTW, Bruce thanks you too!