PDA

View Full Version : Beno, we hardly knew you....

peskypesky
03-16-2008, 12:30 AM
I don't care what any of you Beno-haters say, Spurs could sure use him of late. First Scola, then Udrih... Spurs' FO has let some valuable pieces slip away...

hater
03-16-2008, 12:33 AM
if he was still on spurs. beno would still be turning the ball over at half court.

TDMVPDPOY
03-16-2008, 12:40 AM
well i rather have him TO then some clowns on our fukn bench who doesnt bother turnin up

nkdlunch
03-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Beno chokes. end of thread.

DAINTX
03-16-2008, 12:53 AM
I never liked Beno. Thought he was soft...way too 'metro'. But the reality is, he has proven that he can play at the NBA level. Not a superstar, but he has been very solid for the Kings and he should get better. I don't necessarily like it, but there it is.

Key Stats
GP MIN/G PPG REB/G AST/G FG %
57 32.7 13.0 3.5 4.5 46.3

Kori Ellis
03-16-2008, 12:56 AM
I don't know why we always have threads like this about Beno. He is playing well for the Kings. He didn't play well here. He had his fair share of chances and that never changed. He was often injured, mostly lazy and didn't work at his game. He obviously is doing things right in Sac, but that doesn't mean he would have ever been good here. Some players don't fit.

duncan228
03-16-2008, 12:58 AM
Beno just couldn't cut it as a Spur.
It no longer matters if it was his fault or Pop's fault or our fault.
It just didn't work for whatever reason.

I always liked him, I'm glad he's doing well.
But I don't think it was ever going to happen for him as a Spur.

mVp
03-16-2008, 01:06 AM
if he was still on spurs. beno would still be turning the ball over at half court.

Beno playing like shit > Vaughn+Stoudamire

Mr. Body
03-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Beno was never played after a certain point. Was never given another chance. I hated the guy, but that's true.

Scola was never given the chance at all. Matt "Terrific" Bonner was.

hater
03-16-2008, 01:08 AM
Beno playing like shit > Vaughn+Stoudamire

what r u smokin? :smokin

mVp
03-16-2008, 01:18 AM
what r u smokin? :smokin

lol yeah... maybe I'm being too hard on Vaughn and MM, I'm sorry :lol

CubanSucks
03-16-2008, 01:23 AM
anyone who defends Beno is just mad because he didn't turn out the way everyone expected.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Shit>Beno as a Spur

Indazone
03-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Beno didn't belong on the Spurs. Needed a chance somewhere else.

T Park
03-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Was never given another chance. I hated the guy, but that's true.

Get off of it chump.

He was given more than enough chances and saying he was "benched" is BS.

He had the chance two years ago, he had his chance again last year.

He didn't take advantage of it. How many fucking chances do you gotta give a guy!?!?!

Mr. Body
03-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Get off of it chump.

He was given more than enough chances and saying he was "benched" is BS.

He had the chance two years ago, he had his chance again last year.

He didn't take advantage of it. How many fucking chances do you gotta give a guy!?!?!

Enough to get more for a guy than negative money in a trade. He clearly has talent. He's proved it so far in Sacramento. Either you're pigheaded and run talent away or you find a way to work them in. The first way, you wind up with a decrepit, aged team we have now. I don't fault them for getting rid of him or, really, getting rid of Scola. I fault them for not getting anything at all for them. Or, in fact, turned them into negative assets.

T Park
03-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Thats all anyone was willing to give up.
Do you not understand how horrible his trade value was?

The Blazers laughed at Jarret Jack for Beno.

LAUGHED.

You act like they could've gotten Randy Foye for the guy

picnroll
03-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Beno mentally can't handle getting just a limited number of minutes as a backup PG behind an all-star caliber PG. He can only be an average, at best, starting PG or a failure.

SequSpur
03-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Beno is doing fine. Pop just can't develop shit. He has turned Damon Stoudamire into less than Anthony Carter in 3 got damn weeks.

T Park
03-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Im pissed cause the wife threw me out of the house again.

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Scola >>> Beno

Scola = 1st in West by now

if you wanna complain complain about him. not fucking beno.

-Mars

InK
03-16-2008, 01:02 PM
All this talk about Beno if fucking retarded. Yea, its a shame we didnt get anything in return, but what the hell could there be done about it then? There is absolutely nothing wrong that the F.O did in this case, and everyone except Angel Luv everyone was happy when Beno got shipped away.

InK
03-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Scola >>> Beno

Scola = 1st in West by now

if you wanna complain complain about him. not fucking beno.

Exactly. Well taken without the second statement.

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Exactly. Well taken without the second statement.

maybe not first, but in a hell of a better position than right now. leading the division at least.

-Mars

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Beno sucked here.

We were lucky to get nothing in return for him.

sendman
03-16-2008, 04:39 PM
It's fun to read how some assholes are trying to defend the impossible.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 04:55 PM
True. It's impossible to defend Beno's performance as a Spur.

SuperManu!!!
03-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Blame pop

Holt's Cat
03-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Beno didn't fit.

RC thought Scola wouldn't fit. :wtf

The main issue with the trading of both is that the Spurs received nothing of basketball value in return for those two.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 05:00 PM
The main issue with the trading of both is that the Spurs received nothing of basketball value in return for those two.They didn't want anything of basketball value in return for those two.

It would have been nice, but it's all about the tax.

Holt's Cat
03-16-2008, 05:00 PM
And, of course, what's done is done. But damn...

Holt's Cat
03-16-2008, 05:01 PM
They didn't want anything of basketball value in return for those two.

...and it showed. Maybe they should have.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 05:02 PM
...and it showed. Maybe they should have.It would have been nice, but that's not always how things work.

Holt's Cat
03-16-2008, 05:02 PM
It would have been nice, but that's not always how things work.

As of late. Hopefully Splitter and Mahinmi tear it up next season.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 05:04 PM
As of late.Who was beating down the door for either player? Was the fierce bidding war completely missed by everyone?

ducks
03-16-2008, 05:05 PM
if spurs were winning would this be in the forum

Holt's Cat
03-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Who was beating down the door for either player? Was the fierce bidding war completely missed by everyone?

Perhaps they waited too long and did a little too much to decrease those players' value.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Perhaps they waited too long and did a little too much to decrease those players' value.Nah, Beno didn't have much value from the start and Scola wasn't available to anyone.

ducks
03-16-2008, 05:12 PM
scola problem was his buyout
no team was willing to give him a contract he could buy out the contract
scola blamed the spurs
scola did not want to play for spurs
spurs made excuses wh¥ they did not want him
spurs did not want to tell everyone the fact scola hated the spurs
spurs wanted a chance to get more value for him but could not
END OF STORY

Holt's Cat
03-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Nah, Beno didn't have much value from the start

Teams are always on the lookout for any young point with talent. Granted, Beno had little desire to improve. Still, they dealt him for a top 50 protected pick from a team destined to be one of the league's worst 5 teams.

and Scola wasn't available to anyone.

The Spurs did all they could to make him out to be unsignable and it took the Rockets, what, 3 days, to sign him for what it cost to sign Bonner.

The Spurs can draft international talent, but after that they seem to find a way to screw things up lately.

ducks
03-16-2008, 05:16 PM
The Spurs did all they could to make him out to be unsignable and it took the Rockets, what, 3 days, to sign him for what it cost to sign Bonner.

scola's buyout was very small if none
easy problem

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Teams are always on the lookout for any young point with talent. Granted, Beno had little desire to improve.There you go.

The Spurs did all they could to make him out to be unsignable and it took the Rockets, what, 3 days, to sign him for what it cost to sign Bonner.He was available last summer -- not before.

The Spurs can draft international talent, but after that they seem to find a way to screw things up lately.spurfans seem to find a way to bitch about everything the Spurs have ever done after a loss.

Holt's Cat
03-16-2008, 05:28 PM
There you go.

About half of the NBA consists of players like that.

He was available last summer -- not before.

His rights were tradable before. So you have a guy you know who can play in this league and one that a team was willing to give a 3 year commitment to and you can't get more than a 2nd round pick?

spurfans seem to find a way to bitch about everything the Spurs have ever done after a loss.

Well, how are they going to replenish the supporting cast, a group which currently is running on fumes? At some point the mismanagement of their talent is going to catch up with them.

SequSpur
03-16-2008, 05:34 PM
scola problem was his buyout
no team was willing to give him a contract he could buy out the contract
scola blamed the spurs
scola did not want to play for spurs
spurs made excuses wh¥ they did not want him
spurs did not want to tell everyone the fact scola hated the spurs
spurs wanted a chance to get more value for him but could not
END OF STORY

You're a retard.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 05:35 PM
About half of the NBA consists of players like that.and they aren't sought out by GMs either.

His rights were tradable before. So you have a guy you know who can play in this league and one that a team was willing to give a 3 year commitment to and you can't get more than a 2nd round pick?So what else changed in the meantime?

Nothing.

Scola was the same player. Once the terms of his contract were actually known, they didn't change either. Nothing changed.

Well, how are they going to replenish the supporting cast, a group which currently is running on fumes? At some point the mismanagement of their talent is going to catch up with them.Eh, that's the price of playing under the tax rules. It's happened to every team in one way or another. When the choice is this or cheering on the Anaheim Spurs on LeaguePass, I'll take this.

Holt's Cat
03-16-2008, 05:37 PM
and they aren't sought out by GMs either.

Some are.

So what else changed in the meantime?

Nothing.

Scola was the same player. Once the terms of his contract were actually known, they didn't change either. Nothing changed.

He was worth a 3 yr/$10 mil deal to the Rockets. If he's worth that money to one team, then perhaps you can find a better deal than using his rights for a salary dump.

Eh, that's the price of playing under the tax rules. It's happened to every team in one way or another. When the choice is this or cheering on the Anaheim Spurs on LeaguePass, I'll take this.

Then sign Scola and make Bonner the lux tax casualty.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Some are.Beno wasn't.

He was worth a 3 yr/$10 mil deal to the Rockets. If he's worth that money to one team, then perhaps you can find a better deal than using his rights for a salary dump.Again, show me the bidding war.

Then sign Scola and make Bonner the lux tax casualty.And pay Butler's salary and tax?

Nah.

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 05:41 PM
the Scola haters made it seem like his buyout was the great puzzle of life

Rockets said it was a non issue and it was done in 3 days

basically, the Spurs could have EASILY signed him for nothing, but instead gave some ridiculous contract to Bonner, who will be traded this off season

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 05:42 PM
the Scola haters made it seem like his buyout was the great puzzle of life

Rockets said it was a non issue and it was done in 3 days

basically, the Spurs could have EASILY signed him for nothing, but instead gave some ridiculous contract to Bonner, who will be traded this off season
Benola thread!

ducks
03-16-2008, 05:42 PM
scola the year before had a very huge buyout
it was a main problem earlier on

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 05:44 PM
the Scola haters made it seem like his buyout was the great puzzle of lifeNo, they knew his buyout became reasonable last summer.

basically, the Spurs could have EASILY signed him for nothingIf several million dollars is nothing to you, i suggest you buy the Spurs and make all the decisions yourself.
but instead gave some ridiculous contract to Bonner, who will be traded this off seasonBonner's contract is reasonable.

ducks
scola did not even average 10 rebounds a game where he was playing
and the spurs did not think he would be able to do that here
did you ?

ducks
ps the guy is already 28 what is his peak?

SequSpur
03-16-2008, 05:45 PM
scola the year before had a very huge buyout
it was a main problem earlier on

You're a got damn idiot, do you know that? You can't fuckin argue the fact that the Spurs didn't totally fuk this all up. You need to stop why you're still collecting government money you dummy.

SequSpur
03-16-2008, 05:46 PM
scola did not even average 10 rebounds a game where he was playing
and the spurs did not think he would be able to do that here
did you ?

:dramaquee

ducks
03-16-2008, 05:50 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3653
scola is averging 5.7 rebounds a game this season
wow I am sooooooooooooooooo impressed

ploto
03-16-2008, 07:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3653
scola is averging 5.7 rebounds a game this season
wow I am sooooooooooooooooo impressed
That is more than anyone while playing for the Spurs this season not named Tim Duncan.

ducks
03-16-2008, 10:41 PM
B. Udrih G 37:41 6-15 1-3 2-3 +7 1 1 7 6 0 1 2 3 15
nice 6 turnovers