PDA

View Full Version : Now Pop can forget Bowen's 500 games started streak...

ehz33satx
03-16-2008, 01:55 AM
and start bringing him off the bench. Let Udoka have more minutes as a starter when he returns from injury. We need some better offense! And some more rebounding!

Kori Ellis
03-16-2008, 02:01 AM
The only times Pop won't start Bowen is when the opponent doesn't have a good perimeter scorer (which is rare). Otherwise, he'll start.

duncan228
03-16-2008, 02:01 AM
Buck Harvey said something along those lines:

"But if there weren't times already when Popovich wondered if starting someone else made better sense, there will be eventually. Especially when Brent Barry returns, Popovich will have options. Against an opponent without a singular wing scorer to defend, would another Spurs shooter fit better?

Before last week, Popovich might have dismissed the change out of respect to the streak. Now Popovich is freer to change things, and he might, since the Spurs' loss Saturday puts them closer to the sixth seed."

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89684

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...rs.3613f29.html

CubanSucks
03-16-2008, 02:54 AM
I know Ime has been a good fit and all but I don't get why everyone is so high on him right now. His offense isn't THAT great, and putting Bowen's defense on the bench is just stupid. And you can't forget that Bowen only leads our franchise in three pointers. He is a sure starter in my eyes just cause of his presence and experience.

m33p0
03-16-2008, 05:54 AM

jag
03-16-2008, 10:15 AM
For some reason i just don't think that Pop was starting Bowen simply because of his consecutive game streak. - That's just me though...

ChuckD
03-16-2008, 10:27 AM
For some reason i just don't think that Pop was starting Bowen simply because of his consecutive game streak. - That's just me though...
No, it's not just you. Anyone who thinks Pop would do something like that for some individual reason really does NOT understand Spurs basketball. He had no problem putting Manu on the bench when it was better for the team.

BIG z
03-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Bowen suspension? Good. Its not like i hate the guy, he is one of the best defenders in the league. But his play has been very frustrating this season, now that his streak is over, we can "someitmes" bring him of the bench also. Can you guys also explain why the spurs run that screen play form bowen 3-4 times a game? Isn't the corner three enough.... It seems that the spurs run more plays for him than duncan sometimes ;) he's not that good from inside three, so its a wasted possesion. Oh and i feel sorry for his streak to come to an end. The other thing i was shocked was Micheal Finely attempts close to 11 shots per game.

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 07:44 PM
If Ime is healthy I would like to see him start, Bowen's lack of O is just killing this team

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 07:44 PM
If there is a God, he'll start Ime.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-16-2008, 08:21 PM
:lol

Tek_XX
03-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Udoka sucks

CubanSucks
03-16-2008, 09:59 PM
If Ime is healthy I would like to see him start, Bowen's lack of O is just killing this team
Yeah, because you know how Udoka is so feared throughout the league for his stellar offense.

gospursgojas
03-17-2008, 01:20 AM
I'm probably wrong, but I remember hearing sometime long ago that in exchange for money Bruce had it in his contract that if he was able to he was going to start.

I know that sounds stupid, and it could of beed some dumb friend of mine that told me that (mind you... I was still in high school 5 years ago), but has anyone else ever heard anything like that?

san antonio spurs
03-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Starting Ime over Bowen is clueless.