PDA

View Full Version : talk about Kobe...

talktomephd
08-01-2003, 02:03 AM
Hi all – Although the conversation about the Kobe case seems to have died down a little bit, I still see a lot of posts about it. If you would like to talk about it some more, I am doing a survey for my dissertation about Kobe and the Lakers. If you’re willing to spend a few minutes filling it out, it would really help me out. If you send me an email - [email protected] - I’ll send you the survey. Thanks!

talktomephd
08-01-2003, 03:13 PM
Hi all – Everyone has an opinion about Kobe and the Lakers. If you would like to share yours with me, I am doing a survey for my dissertation about Kobe and the Lakers. This research is being conducted for use only in my dissertation – no lawyers or NBA teams or any other corporate interest is involved. Any responses and information provided (including email addresses) will be kept completely anonymous and confidential. If you’re willing to spend a few minutes filling out a short questionnaire, it would really help me out. If you send me an email - [email protected] - I’ll send you the survey. Thanks!

ducks
08-01-2003, 03:19 PM
why do you not post the questions here and then if people choose they can email you the answers or they can answer the questions here and yu can copy and paste them.

talktomephd
08-01-2003, 03:36 PM
Well, actually, I tried, but the formatting gets royally screwed up. To be able to use the responses, I need them in a certain format.

I am a student at USC in LA, just trying to get some data for my dissertation so I can graduate and get out of here.

How can I prove to you I'm harmless? It's a real email address that was created by my department for collecting surveys. We have no financial interests, just academic.

If you decide you want to help out, email me. If not, no hard feelings and have a nice day.

talktomephd
08-02-2003, 11:22 PM
I know lots of you have looked at this posting, but not many are responding. Based on some comments I've gotten, I just want to make 2 points that might change your mind.
1) I swear on penalty of flaming spam that you will not get put on some stupid email list that will overflow your mailbox. I won't even contact you again myself if you don't give me permission.
2) It isn't a dissertation on Kobe Bryant. I have a theory about the psychology of situations like this that I'm trying to test on this particular real-life situation. Dissertations often are not realistic because they can't show that what they are talking about really happens.
Plus, I’m a basketball fan, so I’m excited to be able to talk basketball in my presentations.
So, if you're willing to help me out and fill out this short survey, please email me at [email protected] (or you can use the pm button in some forums).