PDA

View Full Version : Spurs to blame for the Rockets streak

Amarelooms
03-16-2008, 03:43 PM
What franchise trades a player to a division rival? Thanks a lot Spurs....hope you have to play the Rockets in the first round now :elephant

BonnerDynasty
03-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Someone has to knock out Dallas again in first round. It could be a genius move!

Having 7-8 legit contenders is great b/c we are guaranteed to have an enemy kill another enemy.

Amarelooms
03-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Someone has to knock out Dallas again in first round. It could be a genius move!

Pray the Spurs avoid the Mavs again this year homer :elephant

BonnerDynasty
03-16-2008, 03:46 PM
I do.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Nah, the Rockets earned this streak.

urunobili
03-16-2008, 03:49 PM
funny number... they're 21-0 when Scola is on the starting lineup

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-16-2008, 03:54 PM
What franchise trades a player to a division rival? Thanks a lot Spurs....
So none of this blame goes to New Orleans?

ducks
03-16-2008, 04:34 PM
their point guard was not this good when spurs did the trade
he is the reason for the streak
NOT SCOLA NOT T_MAC BUT HIM

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 05:13 PM
How can anyone honestly say RC isn't the Rockets MVP? he gift wraps Scola, and asks for literally NOTHING in return, who has been KEY in Yao's absence, someone who is averaging 10pts 6rbs his fucking rookie year when everyone on Earth knew he would do this

congrats RC, your name will be in those Houston rafters one day

ducks
Enough Scola Threads

ChumpDumper
Scola thread!

ducks
03-16-2008, 05:14 PM
alson was the mvp
his numbers during the streak is awesome
scola was nothing special today

ducks
scola thread 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000 thread

ducks
scola thread 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Scola a Perfect Fit for Rockets
Argentine Solves Need at Power Forward, Propels Streak

The leading scorer from Argentina's 2004 Olympic gold medal team and a two-time Spanish League most valuable player, Luis Scola, left, may have signed in Europe if the Spurs hadn't shipped him to the Rockets.
The leading scorer from Argentina's 2004 Olympic gold medal team and a two-time Spanish League most valuable player, Luis Scola, left, may have signed in Europe if the Spurs hadn't shipped him to the Rockets. (Lucy Nicholson - Reuters)
TOOLBOX
Resize Text

Save/Share +
Digg
Newsvine
del.icio.us
Stumble It!
Reddit
Facebook
myspace
Yahoo! Buzz
Print This
E-mail This
COMMENT
No comments have been posted about this item.

Comments are closed for this item.
Discussion Policy
Discussion Policy
CLOSE
Comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be removed from the site. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed. Finally, we will take steps to block users who violate any of our posting standards, terms of use or privacy policies or any other policies governing this site. Please review the full rules governing commentaries and discussions. You are fully responsible for the content that you post.
Who's Blogging
» Links to this article
By Michael Lee
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, March 16, 2008; Page D07

When Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey was compiling a list of power forwards to target last summer, he thought his team's chances of getting Luis Scola from San Antonio were about as likely as the Rockets somehow going on the second-longest winning streak in NBA history.
This Story

It's Wild Out West for the Worst Teams
NOTEBOOK: Gasol Out as Lakers Prepare for Rockets
Playoff-Minded 76ers Take It to the Spurs
Magic Clinch Playoff Spot

View All Items in This Story
View Only Top Items in This Story

"It was a long shot," Morey said in a recent phone interview.

But an unheralded, unexpected offseason trade with the defending champion Spurs has helped the Rockets (45-20) win an improbable 21 games in a row, move past San Antonio in the standings and put them in position to play for the best record in Western Conference this afternoon at Toyota Center against the Los Angeles Lakers. It's no coincidence that the Rockets' streak -- the longest since the 1971-72 Lakers won 33 in a row -- coincided with Scola's insertion as starting power forward.

"He was a steal," Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James said. James played against Scola last summer in Las Vegas, when Scola was named most valuable player at the Tournament of the Americas after leading Argentina to a second-place finish without the assistance of NBA stars Manu GinÓbili and Andres Nocioni.

Scola, the leading scorer from Argentina's 2004 Olympic gold medal team and a two-time Spanish League most valuable player, had been the property of Houston's division rival since San Antonio took him in the second round of the 2002 draft. The Spurs didn't believe that Scola would fit in with their players -- they feared he might get in Tim Duncan's way, to be specific -- and were under pressure to deal him last summer. Otherwise, Scola was going to sign a long-term deal in Europe, and San Antonio would get nothing for him.

The Spurs came close to dealing Scola to Cleveland, but to Morey's surprise, they decided on the Rockets' offer of Vassilis Spanoulis, a second-round and cash for Scola and center Jackie Butler. The move gave San Antonio the financial flexibility to keep its championship team intact and add some auxiliary pieces. The Rockets finally solved their decade-long problems at power forward.

"It's hard to criticize what San Antonio is doing," Morey said. "They'll probably be the favorite to win the title."

For years, Scola held the reputation as the best player not in the NBA. But the first few months in Houston were a huge adjustment for the 27-year-old rookie. He had to learn a new city, a new culture and a new game. "It was a little hard in the beginning," Scola said after spending the previous seven seasons with TAU Cerámica. "I feel way better the last month and a half."

Rockets Coach Rick Adelman started Scola on Jan. 27 when center Yao Ming was forced to sit out with a respiratory problem. Scola had 18 points and six rebounds in a loss against the Utah Jazz. Yao returned to practice the next day, but Adelman moved power forward Chuck Hayes to the bench, hoping that Scola could provide a boost to the starting five.

The Rockets haven't lost since -- including the past nine since Yao was lost for the season with a broken left foot.

"I wish that Yao was here," Scola said in a phone interview. "But I think we have a team. Everybody is hitting shots. It's going to be hard to focus on somebody when we're playing the game."

Scola is averaging 11.8 points and 5.7 rebounds as a starter, and is making a late push for rookie of the year. He isn't flashy, and if not for his flowing black hair, Scola might not stand out. He makes small but significant plays, such as tapping a rebound to Dikembe Mutombo for a dunk or finding Tracy McGrady cutting backdoor for a layup. "He has a good basketball I.Q.," Rockets point guard Rafer Alston said. "He has experience. He's a team guy, loves to defend, loves to pass."

Scola's path to the NBA hasn't always gone as planned. He was preparing to take the ACT so that he could attend Temple, like Pepe Sanchez, his teammate on Argentina's national team. Instead, he chose to play in Spain at age 17.

After seeing his friend GinÓbili have success, Scola had hoped to play with him in San Antonio. Instead, he's in Houston.

"It was no problem for me. I understand [the Spurs] didn't have room for me," Scola said. "They give me this opportunity. If they didn't trade me, I may have to stay in Europe and I never play in NBA. They traded me and I'm really thankful for it."

nice RC, we really had no room for him seeing how you gave Bonner that contract

1Parker1
03-16-2008, 05:16 PM
I don't get it. Scola is a slightly better version of Oberto offensively. Other than that they are both similiar players. It did suck that the Spurs traded him away for almost nothing and to a division rival on top of that, but I'm not so sure the Spurs would be that much better off with him than they are now....

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 05:19 PM
alson was the mvp
his numbers during the streak is awesome
scola was nothing special today

you're right his 13pts 11rbs are nothing special

but you'd be having a damn orgasm if Bonner ever had a day like that, so are we now at the level where Scola will have a double double and the haters will say it's nothing special?

WOW

ducks
03-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Spurs Dynasty 21 this was covered 1000000000000000000000000000
times
post it in the scola threads in the NBA FORUM!

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 05:23 PM
What does this change?

What does this accomplish?

What does this say that the other hundreds of Scola threads have not?

SequSpur
03-16-2008, 05:26 PM
What does this change?

I think it's fukin great........................

It reminds you Pop Tea Baggers that shit ain't all that good Rose.

We have to deal with your shit takes, so log in and deal with it also.

Chump.

SequSpur
03-16-2008, 05:28 PM
The Spurs are definitely leading the dumbass selection.

ducks
are you going to start a www.firepop.com website?

Spurs Dynasty 21
What does this change?

it's a reminder of what could have been

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6858/rsz1rszdsc01210wv9.jpg

and it wasn't some gamble, Scola wasn't a mystery, for YEARS every pre season critics were saying when the Spurs bring Scola over it was be a HUGE addition

but no........................... they had to trade him

and to pour salt on the wound................................. trade him for nothing

......................... to the Rockets

.......who are the #1 seed in the west and are on a 22 game win streak, the 2nd longest in NBA history

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 05:29 PM
I think it's fukin great........................

It reminds you Pop Tea Baggers that shit ain't all that good Rose.

We have to deal with your shit takes, so log in and deal with it also.

Chump.
:lol

So it's all about me?

That makes sense, dumbass.

ducks
03-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Spurs Dynasty 21 like we could forget with all the scola threads here

Spurminator
03-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Enough.

Holt's Cat
03-16-2008, 05:30 PM
They give up Scola and Udrih for nothing and both find a way to contribute elsewhere. It's great that the Spurs are making starting talent available to other Western Conference teams for nothing.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 05:31 PM

and it wasn't some gamble, Scola wasn't a mystery, for YEARS every pre season critics were saying when the Spurs bring Scola over it was be a HUGE addition

and to pour salt on the wound................................. trade him for nothing

.......who are the #1 seed in the west and are on a 22 game win streak, the 2nd longest in NBA history
So to answer my questions:

It changes nothing.

It accomplishes nothing.

It says nothing that you haven't already said in hundreds of other Scola threads.

Holt's Cat
03-16-2008, 05:32 PM
At some point the Spurs' inability to get something of value back for the international talent they draft is an issue, especially considering that they can't draft well even passably domestically.

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 05:34 PM

Were you dropped on the head as a child? Often?

Kori Ellis
03-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Though the Spurs knew everything about Scola, they chose to sign Matt Bonner with money that they could have given Scola. One thing that they didn't expect was Scola's ability to rebound in the NBA. He was never an incredible rebounder and many people thought he wouldn't be able to rebound well in the league at all. What sucks is that they thought Scola couldn't play next to Tim, but he actually spends a considerable amount of time at center when Mutombo goes out. So basically he's working as a PF/C who can pass, rebound and score. He's been a big part of their winning streak.

But starting 10, 20, 100, 1000 threads about it doesn't change it. The Spurs didn't think he was worth the money he wanted, or he would be here. *shrug*

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Though the Spurs knew everything about Scola, they chose to sign Matt Bonner with money that they could have given Scola. One thing that they didn't expect was Scola's ability to rebound in the NBA. He was never an incredible rebounder and many people thought he wouldn't be able to rebound well in the league at all. What sucks is that they thought Scola couldn't play next to Tim, but he actually spends a considerable amount of time at center when Mutombo goes out. So basically he's working as a PF/C who can pass, rebound and score. He's been a big part of their winning streak.

But starting 10, 20, 100, 1000 threads about it doesn't change it. The Spurs didn't think he was worth the money he wanted, or he would be here. *shrug*

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

duncan228
03-16-2008, 05:39 PM
The Spurs didn't think he was worth the money he wanted, or he would be here. *shrug*

Could this simple, factual statement be the end of it?

Mister Sinister
Could this simple, factual statement be the end of it?
Sadly, I doubt it.

Spurs Dynasty 21
funny number... they're 21-0 when Scola is on the starting lineup

it just keeps getting better

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 05:40 PM
i just keep getting stupider
Ficst.

duncan228
03-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Argentine Solves Need at Power Forward, Propels Streak

BTW, this article is in the second official Scola thread in the NBA Forum.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89526

duncan228
03-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Sadly, I doubt it.

I know...but I've been dreaming lately...so I threw that in while I was at it.

SequSpur
03-16-2008, 05:42 PM

Great Take... You really explain the idiocy of the Spurs Management so eloquently.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-16-2008, 05:44 PM
:lol

I like Sequ's brevity.

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 05:45 PM
I know...but I've been dreaming lately...so I threw that in while I was at it.
:lol Nice.

timvp
03-16-2008, 05:45 PM
funny number... they're 21-0 when Scola is on the starting lineupThey're actually 22-1 with Scola starting. whottt, your thoughts?

WalterBenitez
03-16-2008, 05:46 PM
I could live with 22-0, but 33-0

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 05:49 PM
takeaway Duncan and Pop isn't in the NBA right now along with RC

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 05:50 PM
takeaway Duncan and Pop isn't in the NBA right now along with RC
Y....That....But.....Oh, fuck it. What the shit, man!?

timvp
03-16-2008, 05:50 PM
One thing that they didn't expect was Scola's ability to rebound in the NBA.True. The Spurs scouts had him pegged as a poor rebounder and an even poorer defender. He's actually a good rebounder and a better than average defender. I guess Scola was right when he told RC to STFU about rebounding better.

I think it was a classic case of over scouting. The Spurs looked at Scola so much that they started seeing flaws that weren't even there. And then their reluctance to pay Scola what he wanted sent a red flag to every other team in the league, which lowered Scola's value. The Spurs then traded Scola at his absolute lowest value, compounding their mistakes.

Oh well ... live and learn, I guess.

ducks
03-16-2008, 05:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3653
scola is averging 5.7 rebounds a game this season
wow I am sooooooooooooooooo impressed

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 05:53 PM
True. The Spurs scouts had him pegged as a poor rebounder and an even poorer defender. He's actually a good rebounder and a better than average defender. I guess Scola was right when he told RC to STFU about rebounding better.

I think it was a classic case of over scouting. The Spurs looked at Scola so much that they started seeing flaws that weren't even there. And then their reluctance to pay Scola what he wanted sent a red flag to every other team in the league, which lowered Scola's value. The Spurs then traded Scola at his absolute lowest value, compounding their mistakes.

Oh well ... live and learn, I guess.

Tmac was saying that Scola is so intense every play and is almost sacred to be around him

sound like Manu in a big man's body, but that was his description for a long time, fuck RC and Pop

duncan228
03-16-2008, 05:56 PM
... live and learn, I guess.

Most folks do.
They don't forget, but they get over it.
Unlike some here.

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Most folks do.
They don't forget, but they get over it.
Unlike some here.
I wasn't ever really bothered by the Scola trade. I mean, it sucked, but, I never saw the point in continuing to bitch about it.....how many months after are we now?

duncan228
03-16-2008, 06:02 PM
You weren't in the "some" Shagia.

I would have liked to see Scola here, but I go by the assumption the FO, who have brought 4 rings here, must know more than I do.
Even if people think they make mistakes.

We're too many months from it, let it go already.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 06:04 PM

I would have liked to see Scola here, but I go by the assumption the FO, who have brought 4 rings here, must know more than I do.
If money wasn't an issue, he would have been a Spur.

So would Hedo.

And Jackson.

And Malik.

And all those first rounders.

Not Beno though -- he just sucked.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2008, 06:05 PM

Look a little closer than the whole season stats. I believe he's averaging near 8 rebounds in the last 10-15 games.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-16-2008, 06:06 PM

Maybe if some "Amerikan basketball expert" fan would listen to Euroleague fan instead of just act so arrogant all time about how poor Eurolegue be :rolleyes they will know rebounding number all LOWER in Euroleague.

No matter what Euro fan try explain NBA fan believe everything NBA superior. It much harder get rebound, assist and points in Euroleague game than NBA game. It simple fact and just so stupid how Amerikan fan even NBA team not understand this.

6 rebound a game in Euroleague mean player is very good rebounder.

I also have try explain such thing to fan here about Spanoulis and to Rocket fan to but no one understand it. You get 16 point 6 rebound like Scola in Euroleague you great player. You get 15 point 3 assist in Euroleague like Spanoulis you great player. NBA fan see number and say stupid thing like "that mean 6 point 4 rebound or 5 point 1 assist in NBA"

It so sad how even some of the NBA team like Spurs think 6 rebound in Euroleague mean "bad rebounder" you get 6 rebound in Euroleague you able get 8 in NBA.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Tmac was saying that Scola is so intense every play and is almost sacred to be around him

sound like Manu in a big man's body, but that was his description for a long time, fuck RC and Pop
:violin

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 06:08 PM
but I go by the assumption the FO, who have brought 4 rings here,

and that's were so many Spurs fans are DEAD WRONG

it's Duncan who single handlely brought those titles, the FO and Pop just came along for the ride

don't get it twisted, if the Celtics had gotten Duncan they would another 4-6 titles by now

Kori Ellis
03-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Maybe if some "Amerikan basketball expert" fan would listen to Euroleague fan instead of just act so arrogant all time about how poor Eurolegue be :rolleyes they will know rebounding number all LOWER in Euroleague.

No matter what Euro fan try explain NBA fan believe everything NBA superior. It much harder get rebound, assist and points in Euroleague game than NBA game. It simple fact and just so stupid how Amerikan fan even NBA team not understand this.

I also have try explain such thing to fan here about Spanoulis and to Rocket fan to but no one understand it. You get 16 point 6 assist like Scola in Euroleague you great player. You get 15 point 3 assist in Euroleague like Spanoulis you great player. NBA fan see number and say stupid thing like "that mean 6 point 4 rebound or 5 point 1 assist in NBA"

It so sad how even some of the NBA team like Spurs think 6 rebound in Euroleague mean "bad rebounder" you get 6 rebound in Euroleague you able get 8 in NBA.

1. Shut the hell up with your anti-American crap. And it's "American" leave the "k" at home.

2. Everyone here knows that the rebounding numbers are lower in Europe because they play less minutes. But every scout who looked at Scola thought he was too weak of a rebounder to be able to rebound in the NBA. They weren't looking at his numbers, but rather what kind of rebounder he is. He has worked on that aspect of his game and improved.

And not every player who averages 6 rebounds in Europe averages more in the NBA.

3. Stop talking down to everyone here. If you wonder why people think you are ass, it's because you are so damn obnoxious.

duncan228
03-16-2008, 06:10 PM
If money wasn't an issue, he would have been a Spur.

I know that.

All the months of bitching, (not you Chump), haven't changed the fact that he's not a Spur.
And I don't think the next several months of bitching are going to change that either.

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 06:11 PM

We're too many months from it, let it go already.
Oh, I wasn't trying to say that you were saying I was in the some. Your post just sparked the thought that led to my post, hence the quoting. :lol So, thanks.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 06:13 PM
I know that.

All the months of bitching, (not you Chump), haven't changed the fact that he's not a Spur.
And I don't think the next several months of bitching are going to change that either.
Completely agreed.

I'm just repeating the fact that all these decisions were pretty much a result of the collective bargaining agreement and the Spurs' practice of staying right at the tax threshold most of the time then attempting to maximize its cap space when that becomes available.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-16-2008, 06:16 PM
1. Shut the hell up with your anti-American crap. And it's "American" leave the "k" at home.

2. Everyone here knows that the rebounding numbers are lower in Europe because they play less minutes. But every scout who looked at Scola thought he was too weak of a rebounder to be able to rebound in the NBA. They weren't looking at his numbers, but rather what kind of rebounder he is. He has worked on that aspect of his game and improved.

And not every player who averages 6 rebounds in Europe averages more in the NBA.

3. Stop talking down to everyone here. If you wonder why people think you are ass, it's because you are so damn obnoxious.

I am only seen such way because I speak true thing that Ugly Amerikan not like hear. This problem have become very big in Europe and for some reason Amerikans seem develop such issue. In Europe people understand such thing say for such issue that NBA > Euroleague. We understand and say what true.

Amerikan refuse understand what also true. Example 15 point game in Euroleague much more impresse than 15 point game in NBA. Fan all say "Euroleague game suck NBA game much harder" only person in dream believe such thing.

Euroleague game is like NCAA tournament 65 game in importance, regular season NBA game is just one of 82 game, show up or not just one more game. Scola get 6 rebound in game in Euroleague he have to fight like hell for each rebound. This the thing that make such attitude in US such joke to other people.

Just like Amerika keep acts like they decide everything for all other country. I am not anti-Amerikan person. I have many friend from Amerika and I also like many thing of country. I just not like how Amerikan all teach by culture that everything of there is good and everything else "suck".

Foreign person not allow to ever say that other thing elsewhere can also be good. Otherwise you are "Anti-Amerikan" person.

duncan228
it's Duncan who single handlely brought those titles, the FO and Pop just came along for the ride

don't get it twisted, if the Celtics had gotten Duncan they would another 4-6 titles by now

I'm the biggest Duncan homer on this board. (I think. :lol)

And I know how important the relationship between Pop and Duncan has been to Duncan's career.

Duncan is a special player, he calls for a special coach.
There's no guarantee what would have happened if Duncan had landed in Boston with another coach.

Duncan has not done this alone. Pop, the team, the FO, all play vital roles.

E20
I wonder if it would be okay if I made a Jackie Butler thread.

Cherry
03-16-2008, 06:17 PM
"I wish that Yao was here," Scola said in a phone interview. "But I think we have a team. Everybody is hitting shots. It's going to be hard to focus on somebody when we're playing the game."

I feel envy :cry

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Amerikan Spell it with a "c"

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 06:20 PM
I am only seen such way because I speak true thing that Ugly Amerikan not like hear. This problem have become very big in Europe and for some reason Amerikans seem develop such issue. In Europe people understand such thing say for such issue that NBA > Euroleague. We understand and say what true.

Amerikan refuse understand what also true. Example 15 point game in Euroleague much more impresse than 15 point game in NBA. Fan all say "Euroleague game suck NBA game much harder" only person in dream believe such thing.

Euroleague game is like NCAA tournament 65 game in importance, regular season NBA game is just one of 82 game, show up or not just one more game. Scola get 6 rebound in game in Euroleague he have to fight like hell for each rebound. This the thing that make such attitude in US such joke to other people.

Just like Amerika keep acts like they decide everything for all other country. I am not anti-Amerikan person. I have many friend from Amerika and I also like many thing of country. I just not like how Amerikan all teach by culture that everything of there is good and everything else "suck".

Foreign person not allow to ever say that other thing elsewhere can also be good. Otherwise you are "Anti-Amerikan" person.
:spless:

DaDakota
03-16-2008, 06:21 PM
We love Scola, thanks....

DD

E20
I think it's okay to write it Amerika, it's the spelling of America in German, Dutch, Romanized Japanese, and many other languages written in the Latin alphabet

ClingingMars

I also have try explain such thing to fan here about Spanoulis and to Rocket fan to but no one understand it. You get 16 point 6 rebound like Scola in Euroleague you great player. You get 15 point 3 assist in Euroleague like Spanoulis you great player. NBA fan see number and say stupid thing like "that mean 6 point 4 rebound or 5 point 1 assist in NBA"

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10059/jeez.jpg

-Mars

Kill_Bill_Pana
Spell it with a "c"

Yes sorry I forget.

E20
It would be a blatant slur if he wrote it AmeriKa or Amerikkka or AmeriKKKa.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 06:22 PM
I think it's okay to write it Amerika, it's the spelling of America in German, Dutch, Romanized Japanese, and many other languages written in the Latin alphabetIf this board were in one of those languages, sure.

Kill_Bill_Pana
I think it's okay to write it Amerika, it's the spelling of America in German, Dutch, Romanized Japanese, and many other languages written in the Latin alphabet

Yes this how I learn to spell it. I was told Amerika is proper way.

E20
If this board were in one of those languages, sure.
What if he has trouble writing in english?

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 06:23 PM
What if he has trouble writing in english?He does pretty well otherwise.

Spurs Dynasty 21
I'm the biggest Duncan homer on this board. (I think. :lol)

And I know how important the relationship between Pop and Duncan has been to Duncan's career.

Duncan is a special player, he calls for a special coach.
There's no guarantee what would have happened if Duncan had landed in Boston with another coach.

Duncan has not done this alone. Pop, the team, the FO, all play vital roles.

the Pop/Duncan relationship is wildly overrated

Rick Patino would have been on the greatest basketball coaches of all time if he landed Duncan, but instead was a complete bomb in the NBA and went back to college

you think Pop didn't know what he was doing when he fired the last Spurs coach when Drob was hurt and the Spurs were aiming for a #1 pick to get Duncan?

E20
He does pretty well otherwise.
Not really, he writes like a 5 year old/Ivan Drago, no offense Kill Bill.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Not really, he writes like a 5 year old/Ivan Drago, no offense Kill Bill.It's better than my Greek. Spelling is pretty decent though.

duncan228
03-16-2008, 06:25 PM

I disagree.

I can only go by what I've read and seen over the years, but it seems pretty real to me.

And pretty special.

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 06:26 PM

Rick Patino would have been on the greatest basketball coaches of all time if he landed Duncan, but instead was a complete bomb in the NBA and went back to college
Once again, I am compelled to ask, are you, or are you not, so determined to bitch about the Scola trade as a result of you being frequently dropped on your head as a child?

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Yes this how I learn to spell it. I was told Amerika is proper way.

Well it's NOT. It's FUCKING AMERICA. SPELL IT RIGHT. The fact that you INSIST on spelling it wrong is an INSULT to ALL Americans on this board.

-Mars

E20
03-16-2008, 06:27 PM
It's better than my Greek. Spelling is pretty decent though.
Better than my greek too, puncation is spot on as well, only the sentence structure. Now that we're done talking about grammer and language, back to the real topic: Luis Scola.

Good player, sucks Spurs didn't get him.

duncan228
03-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Now I'm curious...Am I the biggest Duncan homer on this board? :lmao

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 06:28 PM
sucks Spurs didn't get him.

but the Spurs had him

Mister Sinister
You're a Duncan homer without all the bad connotations of being a homer.

ClingingMars

you think Pop didn't know what he was doing when he fired the last Spurs coach when Drob was hurt and the Spurs were aiming for a #1 pick to get Duncan?

Are you seriously posting this shit? Pop is one of the GREATEST NBA Coaches OF ALL TIME. 4 championships takes more than TD, though he sure as hell was the stimulus.

-Mars

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 06:29 PM
the Pop/Duncan relationship is wildly overrated:lmao

Rick Patino would have been on the greatest basketball coaches of all time if he landed Duncan, but instead was a complete bomb in the NBA and went back to college:lmao :lmao

you think Pop didn't know what he was doing when he fired the last Spurs coach when Drob was hurt and the Spurs were aiming for a #1 pick to get Duncan?Tank!

Have you followed Bob Hill's career after the Spurs?

E20
03-16-2008, 06:29 PM
but the Spurs had him
That's the NBA, you do what you need to do. Spurs needed cap space and a roster spot. They weren't willing to give the money Scola wanted and they had to move on. Manu should talk to Scola about signing with the Spurs once his contract is done or something.

duncan228
03-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks Shagia. :)

Spurs Dynasty 21
Are you seriously posting this shit? Pop is one of the GREATEST NBA Coaches OF ALL TIME. 4 championships takes more than TD, though he sure as hell was the stimulus.

-Mars

it's easy to look good when he's had Duncan with him throughout his career

had Duncan left SA then we would have seen how good a coach Pop was

ClingingMars

A homer? You must be the worst homer ever then. Homers are always blind to their object's faults.

-Mars

ChumpDumper
but the Spurs had himNow they don't.

And he's never coming back.

Kill_Bill_Pana
It's better than my Greek. Spelling is pretty decent though.

Computer underline wrong word with red mark. I have computer from mother that she get from dell. But it not have the roman transliteration for Greek alphabet and it not have the Greek characters.

Kori Ellis

You have your fair share of bad takes from time to time, but that might be one of the worst.

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks Shagia. :)
Hey, no problem.

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 06:31 PM
it's easy to look good when he's had Duncan with him throughout his career

had Duncan left SA then we would have seen how good a coach Pop was

I nominate SD21 for the stupidest Spurs fan on this board.

-Mars

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Well it's NOT. It's FUCKING AMERICA. SPELL IT RIGHT. The fact that you INSIST on spelling it wrong is an INSULT to ALL Americans on this board.

-Mars

We have discussion before I forget sorry. Also it turn out actual way is Italian way which is Ameriga. America just English way but is NOT first and actual name.

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 06:32 PM
You have your fair share of bad takes from time to time, but that might be one of the worst.
:lmao Damn it, why did I take a drink?

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Computer underline wrong word with red mark. I have computer from mother that she get from dell. But it not have the roman transliteration for Greek alphabet and it not have the Greek characters.

But when someone tries to correct your spelling, someone who has spoken English all their life, LISTEN TO THEM.

-Mars

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 06:34 PM

you think Duncan wouldn't have won 4 titles with Pat Riley or Phil jackson also? :lol

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 06:34 PM
We have discussion before I forget sorry. Also it turn out actual way is Italian way which is Ameriga. America just English way but is NOT first and actual name.

Again, we speak ENGLISH HERE, NOT ITALIAN, NOT GREEK. SPELL IT RIGHT.

-Mars

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 06:35 PM
you think Duncan wouldn't have won 4 titles with Pat Riley or Phil jackson also? :lol
http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/doing_it_wrong.jpg

manufor3
no, rafer alston

ChumpDumper
you think Duncan wouldn't have won 4 titles with Pat Riley or Phil jackson also? :lolGood job putting Pop on the same level as those two.

:tu

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Good job putting Pop on the same level as those two.

I just used those names as an example

If Rick Adleman was the Spurs coach he'd have 4 rings...... get the picture moron?

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 06:40 PM
I just used those names as an exampleAn example using Hall of Fame coaches -- therefore Pop is a Hall of Fame coach!

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 06:40 PM

does Pat Riley win without Magic Johnson, James Worthy and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar? or Dwyane Wade?

does Phil Jackson win without Juan Vicens, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen? or Kobe Byrant, Shaq, and Horry?

i can't believe I'm having this fucking argument.

-Mars

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 06:42 PM
I just used those names as an example

If Rick Adleman was the Spurs coach he'd have 4 rings...... get the picture moron?
You calling someone a moron is like the Joker calling someone else crazy.

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 06:45 PM
does Pat Riley win without Magic Johnson, James Worthy and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar? or Dwyane Wade?

does Phil Jackson win without Juan Vicens, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen? or Kobe Byrant, Shaq, and Horry?

i can't believe I'm having this fucking argument.

-Mars

maybe you don't see the theme here. I'm not shocked you wouldn't have the brain to, the coaches are all overrated, you just need the superstar players

coaches like Phil and Pop will always be overrated because of the jocks they rode

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Spurs Dynasty 21 needs to be banned just as badly as PP does. He is an embarrassment to Spurs fans.

-Mars

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 06:46 PM
maybe you don't see the theme here. I'm not shocked you wouldn't have the brain to, the coaches are all overrated, you just need the superstar players

coaches like Phil and Pop will always be overrated because of the jocks they rode
Oh. My. God.

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 06:47 PM

So as long as you have a bunch of superstars and no coach, you'll automatically win! Brilliant!

Maybe you should inform my favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys, of that fact. Because if that's true, they shoulda won the Super Bowl last year.

Or maybe you should tell the Dallas Mavericks that. Cause there's no WAY they shoulda lost in the 1st round last year!!

What about the New York Yankees? Why the hell didn't they win the World Series???

-Mars

duncan228
03-16-2008, 06:48 PM
So we have the Scola thing dragging out here, still...

And over in the NBA Forum the Duncan/Garnett argument got revived in the Lakers/Rockets game thread.

The Spurs better start winning some games, we're treading the same waters...

:lmao

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 06:49 PM
I cannot believe how utterly utterly ignorant and stupid you are about the importance of coaches, SD21. It is absolutely stunning to me.

-Mars

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-16-2008, 06:50 PM
But when someone tries to correct your spelling, someone who has spoken English all their life, LISTEN TO THEM.

-Mars

I see problem but English base on latin alphabet yes? Greek base on GREEK alphabet. We use thing we call koine Greek. Even though we have different alphabet we still not have character like Asian language have.

So this mean same letter mean different thing. It some time very confusing which letter to use. Like we might say word different and have own word but also when we spell we spell same way except different alphabet.

You see like Vassilis Spanoilis is spell Vassilis Spanoulis in English but this wrong way. Should be Basilis Spanoulis because different alphabet.

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 06:51 PM
but Duncan on a team with Manu and parker and I don't give a fuck who the coach is they will win a title

same with Kobe/Shaq, MJ/Pippen, Magic/Kareem.............................

Pop's stupidity to play small ball cost the Spurs in 06, don't forget that

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 06:52 PM
but Duncan on a team with Manu and parker and I don't give a fuck who the coach is they will win a title

Pop's stupidity to play small ball cost the Spurs in 06, don't forget thatPop fouled Dirk!

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 06:53 PM
I see problem but English base on latin alphabet yes? Greek base on GREEK alphabet. We use thing we call koine Greek. Even though we have different alphabet we still not have character like Asian language have.

So this mean same letter mean different thing. It some time very confusing which letter to use. Like we might say word different and have own word but also when we spell we spell same way except different alphabet.

You see like Vassilis Spanoilis is spell Vassilis Spanoulis in English but this wrong way. Should be Basilis Spanoulis because different alphabet.

That's great, but if you're gonna post in an English speaking board, you should learn how to write English, not Greek English.

-Mars

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 06:54 PM

There is no comeback sufficiently witty, no image macro appropriately hilarious, no comic book reference nerdy enough, to accurately display the depths of your stupidity. All I can say, is that your stupidity, has literally given me a headache.

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Pop fouled Dirk!

yeah, it was Manu's foul who lost GM2/3/4

another great point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 06:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_NEzPfVOEs

-Mars

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 06:59 PM
yeah, it was Manu's foul who lost GM2/3/4

another great point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Pop played every position!

He's a wizard!

Hall of Fame!

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 06:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_NEzPfVOEs

-Mars

see the post above

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-16-2008, 07:01 PM
That's great, but if you're gonna post in an English speaking board, you should learn how to write English, not Greek English.

-Mars

Yes but like try say and other here explain BOTH way correct. You understand? I actual spell some way it also correct. Just like some way people from UK spell same word different than people in US. You try tell me people from UK not speak English?

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Yes but like try say and other here explain BOTH way correct. You understand? I actual spell some way it also correct. Just like some way people from UK spell same word different than people in US. You try tell me people from UK not speak English?In the UK, it's spelled "America."

Kori Ellis
03-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Yes but like try say and other here explain BOTH way correct. You understand? I actual spell some way it also correct. Just like some way people from UK spell same word different than people in US. You try tell me people from UK not speak English?

The only time you spell Amerika is when you are talking down to us about how we don't know what the hell we are talking about, don't know anything about basketball, how Euroleage rules all, and how America sucks. If you weren't always doing that, then no one would be riding you abou the stupid "k," get it?

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-16-2008, 07:11 PM
I not try make fan here mad. In Hellas proper spelling should be Amerika. Why this so hard understand. Also I not mean in UK they spell it Amerika I mean in UK some word of English spell different than US. Also same words can have different way to spell.

I not understand why you get so mad at this? Let me explain issue.

Like I say Vassilis Spanoulis is English way for good example of Spanoulis name. But this WRONG way. Because first should be Vasileios because person is Greek. Also should be BASILIS because you have to change alphabet.

We can say Olympia but we can spell Olympiakos you can see what such word might mean in English yes?

But English spell as Olympiacos.

Do you understand? What I spell Amerika is proper way because of GREEK. So it is hard remember that English was is America. I forget that all. Just same way like say many thing in English for Greek word are spell wrong. You see Greek speaker complain about such thing? Like say they cannot even get Spanoulis' name spell right
:spin

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 07:13 PM
It's an American board.

Amarelooms
03-16-2008, 07:15 PM
It's an American board.

So what the internet is not limited to America...he has as much a right as you :elephant

duncan228
03-16-2008, 07:16 PM
We get the different spelling stuff.

Kori asked you to spell it with a 'c' not 'k'.

It's her board, that should be reason enough to do it.

She doesn't ask for much around here and lets us all spout off at will.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2008, 07:16 PM
So what the internet is not limited to America...he has as much a right as you :elephantI didn't ask to limit his access to the board, you stupid twat. :elephant

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 07:17 PM
I not try make fan here mad. In Hellas proper spelling should be Amerika. Why this so hard understand. Also I not mean in UK they spell it Amerika I mean in UK some word of English spell different than US. Also same words can have different way to spell.

I not understand why you get so mad at this? Let me explain issue.

Like I say Vassilis Spanoulis is English way for good example of Spanoulis name. But this WRONG way. Because first should be Vasileios because person is Greek. Also should be BASILIS because you have to change alphabet.

We can say Olympia but we can spell Olympiakos you can see what such word might mean in English yes?

But English spell as Olympiacos.

Do you understand? What I spell Amerika is proper way because of GREEK. So it is hard remember that English was is America. I forget that all. Just same way like say many thing in English for Greek word are spell wrong. You see Greek speaker complain about such thing? Like say they cannot even get Spanoulis' name spell right
:spin

it's our country, it's our board, we decide how the fuck you spell America.

and no one gives a shit about spanoulis.

-Mars

Kill_Bill_Pana
It's an American board.

I know I forget to spell it AmeriCan way ok this all.

This remind of Johnny Depp movie! Are you mexican or mexicant?

Kill_Bill_Pana
it's our country, it's our board, we decide how the fuck you spell America.

and no one gives a shit about spanoulis.

-Mars

Why so mad just because of spelling error?
:depressed

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 07:18 PM
So what the internet is not limited to America...he has as much a right as you :elephant

no, but at least spell our damn country right.

-Mars

ChumpDumper
I know I forget to spell it AmeriCan way ok this all.Yeah, it's not that difficult.

ClingingMars
Why so mad just because of spelling error?
:depressed

because you were trying to DEFEND your error. recognize you made an error, spell it right and move on.

-Mars

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 07:19 PM
in another news, SD21 is a fucking idiot.

-Mars

Mister Sinister
03-16-2008, 07:21 PM
in another news, SD21 is a fucking idiot.

-Mars
That's news?

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-16-2008, 07:23 PM
because you were trying to DEFEND your error. recognize you made an error, spell it right and move on.

-Mars

:reading

But what I am try explain with you is his way of spelling in Greece is correct. I have not made an error, the English speaker have not make error either. You understand? For GREEK SPEAKER it is ERROR to have other way. That is what I mean.

But I say AMERICA ok I just forget. Can someone explain why this cause so much issue here? Because we should actual have English speaker call Greece Hellas and spell as Ellas but instead we get Greece. We not get mad at this.

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 07:25 PM
:reading

But what I am try explain with you is his way of spelling in Greece is correct. I have not made an error, the English speaker have not make error either. You understand? For GREEK SPEAKER it is ERROR to have other way. That is what I mean.

But I say AMERICA ok I just forget. Can someone explain why this cause so much issue here? Because we should actual have English speaker call Greece Hellas but instead we get Greece. We not get mad at this.

ok, i'm going to end it right here, no one cares what is correct in Greece, this is a American based board, we speak American English here.

just drop it, please. reading your posts gives me headaches.

-Mars

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Yes but can someone explain to me why American have feel the insult from the other form of spelling? America does he feel insult if he is Amerika in some countries?

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Yes but can someone explain to me why American have feel the insult from the other form of spelling? America does he feel insult if he is Amerika in some countries?

if you're gonna spell it wrong, at least do it CONSISTENTLY.

-Mars

Agloco
03-16-2008, 07:39 PM
ok, i'm going to end it right here, no one cares what is correct in Greece, this is a American based board, we speak American English here.
just drop it, please. reading your posts gives me headaches.

-Mars

Embarrassing, just embarrassing.........

You need to STFU already man. Why is it such a big deal? Let him type what he wants or ignore it if there's a problem processing it on your end.

ClingingMars
03-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Embarrassing, just embarrassing.........

You need to STFU already man. Why is it such a big deal? Let him type what he wants or ignore it if there's a problem processing it on your end.

because I'm trying to correct him? embarrassing? the truth is the truth, and it's the truth that America is spelled this way. if you wanna say "amerika" then go to a greek board.

-Mars

Agloco
03-16-2008, 07:46 PM
because I'm trying to correct him? embarrassing? the truth is the truth, and it's the truth that America is spelled this way. if you wanna say "amerika" then go to a greek board.

-Mars

Read what I highlighted a bit more closely.......

If you're going to correct someone on spelling and grammar, the least you can do is reciprocate and provide a good example of proper usage.

Yes, you're an embarrasment right now. Just stop.

SequSpur
03-16-2008, 07:48 PM
:lmao

smeagol
03-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Crazy Amerikans . . . :lol

wireonfire
03-16-2008, 08:26 PM

That is because he only averages 22 minutes.

The Nba Is Rigged
03-16-2008, 08:28 PM
You guys really need to stop the threads about this guy, Scola is really good and it was mistake letting him go but this guy is becoming overrated by some people. You guys are still the team to beat in the west without scola, but next time a mistake like this one should not happen.

Brutalis
03-16-2008, 08:35 PM
christ man it's like.. just.. stop.. the impulse.. before your hands do it.

what the hell is wrong with the scola issue and our brains? it's like, real simple. we got bigger deals to worry about than this one, much less fucking grammar.

BonnerDynasty
03-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Have to wait until end of season to know if it was a mistake.

For all we know HOU goes into first round and knocks out someone else then loses to us. Pop would be a fucking genius then.

Spurs Dynasty 21
03-16-2008, 08:46 PM
christ man it's like.. just.. stop.. the impulse.. before your hands do it.

what the hell is wrong with the scola issue and our brains? it's like, real simple. we got bigger deals to worry about than this one, much less fucking grammar.

Spurs would be have a 63+ win season EASILY with Scola

there wouldn't be any issues

E20
03-16-2008, 08:47 PM
The problem is that most languages alphabet's letters sound the way they are pronounced all the time. C is pronounced like 'see' and also sometimes 'K', so there is a confusion on people who's first language isn't english on how to spell it, some people consider english to be a very tough language to learn. Also, I mentioned earlier that it's spelled with a K in many other countries. Cut the guy some slack and everybody who is complaining should stop quit getting butt hurt over what some people say on an internet sports board. Sorry I had to write that lol.

Scola is a good player, sucks Spurs didn't get him, makes you wanna spit (:lol), but the Spurs aren't the ones in trouble come PO time. Next.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Spurs would be have a 63+ win season EASILY with Scola

there wouldn't be any issues
Yea well we don't have him.
Bitching everyday and annoying the fuck out of all of us isn't gonna help either so STFU and deal with it and think of something productive about the current Spurs team.

Capt Bringdown
03-16-2008, 09:47 PM
It seems simple to me, if you don't want to read or participate in a Scola thread, what's stopping you? This seems to be a case of some people wanting to silence others, or to dictate how we are supposed to think about it.

As I see it, the only thing to quell the controversy would be for the Spurs to win a title this year.

Otherwise, it becomes a "what if," which is one of those things sports fans always like to talk about. It's wishful thinking to believe Spurs fans aren't going to want to talk about this for a long, long time.

I can't help but feel let down by the Spurs FO. They blew a big opportunity to improve a Duncan era team. That hurts.

timmy21_4rings
03-16-2008, 09:48 PM
It is a big mistake knowing what Scola can do. Good teams and great fans can move forward.

CPIM
03-16-2008, 09:57 PM
:fro :madrun Scola is what Spurs need for China market. Stern thinks the same way.

Princess Pimp
03-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Dumbass front office really!

Don't forget about Udrih, who's balling in Sacramento and Stephen Jackson on GS

Sorry ass cheap FO

ducks
03-16-2008, 11:23 PM
if spurs are stupid to trade them to the rockets
what are the other teams then
every team know the spurs were trying to trade scola

word
03-16-2008, 11:36 PM