PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NIT Thread

SrA Husker
03-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Nebraska and Oklahoma State represent the Big 12 this year.

Nebraska gets to host Charlotte; and Oklahoma State travels to Southern Illinois.

johngateswhiteley
03-18-2008, 09:58 PM
oklahomo state getting destroyed by southern illinois...wow.

SrA Husker
03-18-2008, 10:23 PM
After Marist beat them in their house last year, are you really surprised?

florige
03-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Man we are beating someone right now woth 2 minutes to go (Terps) I wonder what we will do to give yet another game away this season. :rolleyes

MajorMike
03-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Whooo, stinky. Can you believe that team beat atm at home this year?

On a lighter note, expect a news conf in the next 24-48 hours to announce Sean has been fired and OSU's new coach is Bobby Knight.

johngateswhiteley
03-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Can you believe that team beat atm at home this year?

sure. enjoy the season ending embarrassment...again.

MajorMike
03-19-2008, 07:48 AM
Got rid of our coach, didn't it? We will be prolly picked 3rd or 4th in the preseason B12 poll next year, so the dry spell will be over.

Be serious, 3 years ago atm sold 15,000 maroon shirts that said NIT on them ya'll were so excited; don't act like you are so far removed from the situation.

samikeyp
03-19-2008, 08:04 AM
prolly?

What are you, a 14 year old girl?

:lol

MajorMike
03-19-2008, 08:09 AM
And again, with no good comeback, resort to uneducated personal attacks. It must be a Tejas thing.

Prolly
Shortened version of "probably". Typically used in online conversations.

prolly
Web-slang abbreviation of "probably". Used extensively in forums and instant messsaging worldwide.

prolly
Literary colloquialism for "probably", most likely first used in print in John Kennedy Toole's Confederacy of Dunces, (1980), in the speech of one of the book's characters, the mother of the protagonist, Ignatius J. Reilly. The use of the word is meant to reflect the speech typical of white working-class residents of New Orleans, Louisiana.

samikeyp
03-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Comeback from where? You hadn't said anything to me ;)

Calm down there, Pistol Pete....it was a joke, that is why I had the :lol there. I know what "prolly" is...that is why it was a joke, usually the teens on the interwebs use it, not those of us older folks. If you really thought that was an attack....you are wayyyy off.

Relax...not everyone is out to get you, just jgw. :)

(Another joke...just for clarification!)

:)

RonMexico
03-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Got rid of our coach, didn't it? We will be prolly picked 3rd or 4th in the preseason B12 poll next year, so the dry spell will be over.

Be serious, 3 years ago atm sold 15,000 maroon shirts that said NIT on them ya'll were so excited; don't act like you are so far removed from the situation.

We didn't have a basketball tradition and so making some kind of post-season was exciting. And they were white shirts that had a maroon "NIT" on them.

Ours isn't the "historic" Reed Arena.

degenerate_gambler
03-19-2008, 10:31 AM
sure. enjoy the season ending embarrassment...again.

they're getting good at it..

Doug Collins
03-19-2008, 10:33 AM

Remember when OSU went to the NIT two years in a row and lost both times in the 1st round? Once to Marist at HISTORIC GALLAGHER-IBA ARENA est 1938 and the other to Southern Illinois. Was that a Marist in there, for real...Marist at home? They could've at least tried to lose to a decent non mid-major like Winthrop.

Clearly preseason poll ranking is the most important thing. Congrats on your projected 3rd or 4th place finish :clap

johngateswhiteley
03-19-2008, 10:36 AM

k. but A&M doesn't really have any bball history, so the past 3 years were gravy...though i hope to build on them. oklahomo state is supposedly a bball and football school, yes? so their struggles coupled with your inadequacy as a poster...are humorous.

johngateswhiteley
03-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Remember when OSU went to the NIT two years in a row and lost both times in the 1st round? Once to Marist at HISTORIC GALLAGHER-IBA ARENA est 1938 and the other to Southern Illinois. Was that a Marist in there, for real...Marist at home? They could've at least tried to lose to a decent non mid-major like Winthrop.

Clearly preseason poll ranking is the most important thing. Congrats on your projected 3rd or 4th place finish :clap

...yeah, but winthrop would kill oklahomo state...they are a tourney team. not to mention beat notre dame last year. whats that, 4 straight tourney trips for the eagles?

MajorMike
03-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Lol, Winthrop again. Once again, as OSU's rpi says they are better than Winthrop. I'll give them the benifit of the doubt and say they are better, which means atm would finish tied with them in their league if atm was one game better than OSU in its own league. Or maybe since atm was one game better than OSU then Winthrop is better than atm as well. I wonder if atm would win at the cult of bryant?

Thanks for the congrats on my 3rd of 4th place finish after 3 straight NITs (its 3 1st round losses in a row by the way). I know atm would have killed for a 3rd or 4th place finish any other year in their history, to include this year, with the exception of the last 2.

Yes I know OSU has a long sotried history in basketball. Yes I know atm has basically the last 3 years and that's it; which makes it all seem so funny. One Sweet 16 appearance and one 2nd place in conf and suddenly you can talk down to other school's programs. I guess it is the "enjoy it while it lasts because we sure haven't been here before and I doubt it lasts long" mentality. Same mentality with the NIT. Selling 15000 shirts that say NIT because you are so happy to be going vs being afraid to show your face because you are so embarrased you are in the NIT. Different frames of minds for very different fan bases, apparently.

So different are the expectations that we are about to fire a legacy coach after only 2 full years. I guess that is what happens when you are used to going to the NCAA every year; when you haven't had a losing season since 1988, you expect better.

I guess when you have a fan base that has only had 7 winning seasons in that same time frame, you can be happy with your time in the sun and make up for lost time by flapping your gums all day about how cool you are.

You'd think by the way you go on that atm was better than 4-5 against OSU the past 4 years, or something. Meh, must be my inadequacy as a poster.

Brutalis
03-19-2008, 03:49 PM
only someone at spurstalk makes an NIT thread out of everywhere i visit

johngateswhiteley
03-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Lol, Winthrop again. Once again, as OSU's rpi says they are better than Winthrop. I'll give them the benifit of the doubt and say they are better, which means atm would finish tied with them in their league if atm was one game better than OSU in its own league. Or maybe since atm was one game better than OSU then Winthrop is better than atm as well. I wonder if atm would win at the cult of bryant?

Thanks for the congrats on my 3rd of 4th place finish after 3 straight NITs (its 3 1st round losses in a row by the way). I know atm would have killed for a 3rd or 4th place finish any other year in their history, to include this year, with the exception of the last 2.

Yes I know OSU has a long sotried history in basketball. Yes I know atm has basically the last 3 years and that's it; which makes it all seem so funny. One Sweet 16 appearance and one 2nd place in conf and suddenly you can talk down to other school's programs. I guess it is the "enjoy it while it lasts because we sure haven't been here before and I doubt it lasts long" mentality. Same mentality with the NIT. Selling 15000 shirts that say NIT because you are so happy to be going vs being afraid to show your face because you are so embarrased you are in the NIT. Different frames of minds for very different fan bases, apparently.

So different are the expectations that we are about to fire a legacy coach after only 2 full years. I guess that is what happens when you are used to going to the NCAA every year; when you haven't had a losing season since 1988, you expect better.

I guess when you have a fan base that has only had 7 winning seasons in that same time frame, you can be happy with your time in the sun and make up for lost time by flapping your gums all day about how cool you are.

You'd think by the way you go on that atm was better than 4-5 against OSU the past 4 years, or something. Meh, must be my inadequacy as a poster.

are you cheating on your wife....with the rpi? goodness mike. you can spin it however you like, oklahomo state sucks...A&M doesn't. only school ever to make the dance at 8-8...shit, thats a compliment. with the talent and money coming into A&M i don't see why we can't be in or make a play for the NCAAs every year.

enjoy watching everyone else's teams...

SrA Husker
03-19-2008, 09:17 PM
NU leading a good Charlotte team by 15 right now in the 2nd half.

MajorMike
03-19-2008, 09:38 PM
you can spin it however you like, oklahomo state sucks...A&M doesn't.

atm was one game better with OSU and they split the series. Your line from sucks to doesn't must be pretty thin... however you spin it. And incidentally, I've never said OSU didn't suck this year... just that, in the standings atm was only one game better. Again, my facts vs your wishes. 8-8 vs 7-9. 1 game better in the standings. Did you flunk math or higher concepts or something? atm didn't get in because they were awesome, they got in because they were the last .500 or over team in the #2 league in America; its a pretty simple concept.

OSU; bad team, we get that; oh happy day for you. OSU #5 seed in NIT, we get that. The great thing is no one is disputing that; it seems like you have to convince yourself.

atm, #9 seed along with programs just like them such as Kent State and Oregon; just happy to be in the mix for a change. UNLV, Miss St and BYU are all better than atm (which, yes, means they are better than OSU this year, we get that but please tell us again). It seems more that you can't accept the reality of YOUR team more than I can't accpet the reality of mine, because you have to keep trying to make yourself believe it.

I know exactly what the truth is. OSU has sucked living shit the past 3 years while atm has enjoyed the 3 best consecutive years in thier history. OSU has 3 1st round losses in the NIT to show for one of the worst stretches in our history while atm has a 2nd place in the reg season, 3 trips to the NCAA, one Sweet 16 and their 1st 3 wins ever in the B12 tourney to show for their best 3 years in history. No spin; pretty sure the facts speak for themselves.

Husker don't get me even started on you; I got scoreboard in 2 sports; you got wrestling.

SrA Husker
03-19-2008, 09:40 PM
CaptMike:

A&M - In the Tourney. OSU - Collapsed in the NIT against a mid-major. JGW has smack talk rights on you, so don't try to fight it.

Nebraska is absolutely dominating this Charlotte team - keeping their lead scorer to just 3 points so far.

johngateswhiteley
03-20-2008, 03:37 AM
atm was one game better with OSU and they split the series. Your line from sucks to doesn't must be pretty thin... however you spin it. And incidentally, I've never said OSU didn't suck this year... just that, in the standings atm was only one game better. Again, my facts vs your wishes. 8-8 vs 7-9. 1 game better in the standings. Did you flunk math or higher concepts or something? atm didn't get in because they were awesome, they got in because they were the last .500 or over team in the #2 league in America; its a pretty simple concept.

OSU; bad team, we get that; oh happy day for you. OSU #5 seed in NIT, we get that. The great thing is no one is disputing that; it seems like you have to convince yourself.

atm, #9 seed along with programs just like them such as Kent State and Oregon; just happy to be in the mix for a change. UNLV, Miss St and BYU are all better than atm (which, yes, means they are better than OSU this year, we get that but please tell us again). It seems more that you can't accept the reality of YOUR team more than I can't accpet the reality of mine, because you have to keep trying to make yourself believe it.

I know exactly what the truth is. OSU has sucked living shit the past 3 years while atm has enjoyed the 3 best consecutive years in thier history. OSU has 3 1st round losses in the NIT to show for one of the worst stretches in our history while atm has a 2nd place in the reg season, 3 trips to the NCAA, one Sweet 16 and their 1st 3 wins ever in the B12 tourney to show for their best 3 years in history. No spin; pretty sure the facts speak for themselves.

Husker don't get me even started on you; I got scoreboard in 2 sports; you got wrestling.

good to see you count big 12 tourney wins, as well. byu isn't better than A&M...you'll see that shortly. the rpi is a fucking joke in case you hadn't caught on to all the sarcastic posts and threads.

don't be surprised, when A&M gets past byu, if they beat uchla.

degenerate_gambler
03-20-2008, 09:35 AM
enjoy watching everyone else's teams...

ok...i lol'd

MajorMike
03-20-2008, 11:15 AM
don't be surprised, when A&M gets past byu, if they beat uchla.

So that means when they don't I get to give you shit like you tried to me when I said I didn't expect atm to beat KSU or BU? Or is this another of your, "that is a totally different circumstance" BS you so often like to try and hide behind?

SrA Husker
03-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Nebraska lost a heartbreaker tonight in Mississippi falling in OT to the Rebels... and so ends the Maric era.

All is well though, as Doc Sadler has this team looking towards a future that two years ago couldn't even be dreamed of. The next two years and where this team will build to will be great for Nebraska basketball

MajorMike
03-25-2008, 07:58 AM
You think Maric will make it in the NBA?

SrA Husker
03-25-2008, 08:36 AM
You think Maric will make it in the NBA?

I'm not sure. I think he'll be a late draft pick and would be a good bench player for a number of teams. I hope he does well.

MajorMike
03-25-2008, 08:54 AM
I hated playing him; dude was good. Not all the talent in the world, but never took a play off.

Doug Collins
03-25-2008, 09:56 AM
I hated playing him; dude was good. Not all the talent in the world, but never took a play off.

I knew you were really Tyler Hatch...

MajorMike
03-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Pretty hair raising, isn't it?

Doug Collins
03-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Pretty hair raising, isn't it?

:hang