PDA

View Full Version : Worst Trade in Spurs History:

whottt
03-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Rasho Nesterovich tonight

20 points
8 rebounds

Lordy...that's Luis FUCKING Scola terrirory there...HOF here he comes.

Imagine 20 whole points and 8 whole rebounds.

Worst
Trade
Ever

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-16-2008, 10:44 PM
It wouldn't have been the worst trade if Pop had bothered to give Eric Williams a chance here.

baseline bum
03-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Shit, are the Raptors on a 22-win streak also?

jay014
03-16-2008, 10:48 PM
He can opt out of his contract and become a free agent at the end the season. playing for the max.

whottt
03-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Shit, are the Raptors on a 22-win streak also?

LOL...I guess Scola is better than Duncan, Manu and Parker combined...since they've never won 22 in a row before.

Come to think of it...Jordad didn't, Magic didn't, Bird didn't, Kareem didn't, Shaq didn't...

Scola = Greatest player in NBA history.

Shit, we should have just kept him and traded Parker, Manu and Duncan for LeBron...

SequSpur
03-16-2008, 10:52 PM
The funny thing is, you guys aren't that funny.

timvp
03-16-2008, 10:53 PM
ROFL @ whottt going from "Scola is going to be a no-rebounding, no-defense, no-winning scrub!!!!!!!!" to "well at least Scola isn't as good as Michael Jordan".

:rollin

whottt
wgaf!

ducks
The funny thing is, you guys aren't that funny.
who said they were trying to be funny :cooldevil

Udrihlooms
Scola>>>>>>>>> MJ.

And because of this 22 game winning streak (and counting), Stern will probably grant Houston a bye at the first round, and automatically seed the Rockets to the 2nd round, ensuring that TMac doesn't get booted out in the 1st round.

whottt
03-16-2008, 10:54 PM
ROFL @ whottt going from "Scola is going to be a no-rebounding, no-defense, no-winning scrub!!!!!!!!" to "well at least Scola isn't as good as Michael Jordan".

:rollin

Oh he's better than Jordan...did Jordan ever win 22 in a row?

22 in a row...argue with that.

22 in a row.

If Jordan knew how to set a screen like Scola...he would have.

timvp
03-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Oh he's better than Jordan...did Jordan ever win 22 in a row?

22 in a row...argue with that.

22 in a row.Yeah, I'd be resorting to comedy too right about now.

koopa
03-16-2008, 10:55 PM
LOL...I guess Scola is better than Duncan, Manu and Parker combined...since they've never won 22 in a row before.

Come to think of it...Jordad didn't, Magic didn't, Bird didn't, Kareem didn't, Shaq didn't...

Scola = Greatest player in NBA history.

Shit, we should have just kept him and traded Parker, Manu and Duncan for LeBron...

no, they haven't won 22 in a row, but they won 3 titles......fuck a win streak, it's fucking pointless, cause they won't make it past the first round anyway

so fuck rasho and fuck scola...... because what they are doing now doesn't mean they'd be doing it here in san antonio, pop wouldn't even be playing these two guys

whottt
03-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I'd be resorting to comedy too right about now.

No...you'd be resorting to 22 in a row...in fact you are.

Unless of course you want to run off some stats...just watch out for Rasho when you do.

mVp
03-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Man, you really have an obsession with this Scola guy.

whottt
03-16-2008, 10:58 PM
Man, you really have an obsession with this Scola guy.

Tell you what...you and all the other Scola fans detatch your lips from Scola's anus and stop whining..and I'll stop "obsessing", deal?

timvp
03-16-2008, 10:59 PM
I said Scola couldn't rebound, couldn't defend, would lead to losses while shooting for a low percentage. I'm desperate to dug myself out of this ownage.

:madrun

mVp
03-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Tell you what...you and all the other Scola fans detatch your lips from Scola's anus and stop whining..and I'll stop "obsessing", deal?

I'm not a Scola fan, but I gotta admit he's pretty damn good.

freemeat
03-16-2008, 11:01 PM
A while back, my cat was diagnosed with a tumor. The vet said he'd probably only live a few more months, so I decided I'd take him home for a few days to say 'goodbye,' then bring him back to the vet to get put down.

As always, my cat watches Spurs games with me. This particular night, they were playing the Rockets. Scola had just checked into the game...he played ridiculously good, going for something like 10 of 10 FG. When he had a close-up, my cat jumped out of my lap and went over to paw at Scola's face on the screen.

Every time Scola's face appeared on the TV, my cat touched it.

The next week I took him back to the vet, and surprisingly, the tumor was gone.

:worthy: SCOLA

Hemotivo
03-16-2008, 11:02 PM
:lol

whottt
03-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Um...have you checked Scola's shooting PCT lately?

He's shooting about 35% since Yao went out of the lineup...incidentally, right around the time I said he would start to shoot lower.

I actually called for him to start sucking in February but he sucked worse than I thought he would for the first month of the season.

As for his rebounding...it's better than I expected...but not that much better...and he doesn't fight for rebounds, he's just happens to be where they bounce. I guarantee you he wouldn't be rebounding as well on a team with Duncan...

timvp
03-16-2008, 11:08 PM
He's shooting about 35% since Yao went out of the lineupROFL. Now he's just lying. Scola is shooting >50% since Yao got hurt.

Back to the drawing board you go ....

whottt
03-16-2008, 11:16 PM
ROFL. Now he's just lying. Scola is shooting >50% since Yao got hurt.

Back to the drawing board you go ....

My bad Yao's been out longer than I realized...nonthless Scola is 18-47 in his last 5 games...

38%

Now either you haven't been paying attention to my detailed account of how and why Scola's FG% would drop...or else you are deliberately ignoring it...either way...I said his FG% would eventually drop late in the season. His polish would give him the edge early but the NBA would catch up with him...

That's exactly what I said, and this about when I said it would begin to happen.

Like I've said all along...I'm not surprised Scola is putting up some nice numbers...since he's as polished as you can get, I expected that...I'm surprised he sucked as bad as he did to start off with.

Tmac&Luther
03-16-2008, 11:18 PM
Um...have you checked Scola's shooting PCT lately?

He's shooting about 35% since Yao went out of the lineup...incidentally, right around the time I said he would start to shoot lower.

I actually called for him to start sucking in February but he sucked worse than I thought he would for the first month of the season.

Wow, I've been a long time browser of this site and never thought I'd register, but your flat out lie about Scola's shooting forced me to call you out. I mean do you think people don't know how to surf the web and do basic math?

Scola is shooting 45% since Yao went out, which is about where it should be and still great since he's going to get more shots and draw more defensive attention with Yao out.

Tmac&Luther
03-16-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm surprised he sucked as bad as he did to start off with.

It's called making the transition to NBA rules and fouls, wasn't very surprising at all.

whottt
03-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Wow, I've been a long time browser of this site and never thought I'd register, but your flat out lie about Scola's shooting forced me to call you out. I mean do you think people don't know how to surf the web and do basic math?

I don't know...do you know how to fucking read asshat? Like the post right above yours?

Scola is shooting 45% since Yao went out, which is about where it should be and still great since he's going to get more shots and draw more defensive attention with Yao out.

Oh I agree...45% is right about where he should be...

whottt
03-16-2008, 11:22 PM
It's called making the transition to NBA rules and fouls, wasn't very surprising at all.

Sucking worse than the 19 year old rookies when you are 27 years old and in your prime with a decade of pro experience...that was surprising

But I don't expect you to see it...Scola's buttfumes have that effect on those sucking sphinxter.

Don't make it my problem...

And fuck Scola..

And Houston is a toilet...

Tmac&Luther
03-16-2008, 11:23 PM
I don't know...do you know how to fucking read asshat? Like the post right above yours?

Actually since I was typing my post while you were submitting yours......no I couldn't read. :rolleyes "asshat?" :dramaquee

whottt
03-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Actually since I was typing my post while you were submitting yours......no I couldn't read. :rolleyes "asshat?" :dramaquee

Well I guess that's what you get for posting without looking...if you hadn't been in such a hurry to suck Scola off it wouldn't have happened now would it...

timvp
03-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Like I've said all along...I'm not surprised Scola is putting up some nice numbers...since he's as polished as you can get, I expected that...I'm surprised he sucked as bad as he did to start off with.He's playing better than any first year Argie. Year two is usually when Argies figure out the NBA and then explode.

Tmac&Luther
03-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Sucking worse than the 19 year old rookies when you are 27 years old and in your prime with a decade of pro experience...that was surprising

But I don't expect you to see it...Scola's buttfumes have that effect on those sucking sphinxter.

Don't make it my problem...

And fuck Scola..

And Houston is a toilet...

Dude your a tool. :lol Comparing a player who's played his entire professional career in a league with completely different rules and styles to young American players that have played American basketball is completely stupid, but reading some of the other crap you've already typed in this board, it's not very surprising (just like Scola's early season learning curve)

timvp
03-16-2008, 11:28 PM
whottt, give us some idea of what it'll take for you to admit that the Scola trade was a mistake. What stats? What team accomplishments? Or is there simply no way you'd admit it?

Thanks in advance.

whottt
03-16-2008, 11:29 PM
whottt, give us some idea of what it'll take for you to admit that the Scola trade was a mistake. What stats? What team accomplishments? Or is there simply no way you'd admit it?

Scola's an asshole...I was in favor of the trade for that reason alone. So no I won't admit it.

How about you guys just wait until the season and playoffs are over...

Or else come up with a better trade you know they turned down.

Purple & Gold
03-16-2008, 11:29 PM
whottt's an idiot. Did you really think Yao's only been out 5 games? :dizzy

whottt
03-16-2008, 11:31 PM
whottt's an idiot. Did you really think Yao's only been out 5 games? :dizzy

Didn't really care...if I spent all my tracking Yao's injuries I wouldn't have time to follow the Spurs.

Tmac&Luther
03-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Well I guess that's what you get for posting without looking...if you hadn't been in such a hurry to suck Scola off it wouldn't have happened now would it...

Wow, is that really the first thing that popped in your head? I mean giving a man head.....is there something your not telling us, because honestly I think that says a hellava lot more about you than it does me pal. Dude just because you fantasize about slobbing on some guy's junk all day, that doesn't mean everybody else is thinking like that also. :dizzy

timvp
03-16-2008, 11:32 PM
So no I won't admit it.Good to know.

Purple & Gold
03-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Didn't really care...if I spent all my tracking Yao's injuries I wouldn't have time to follow the Spurs.

Fair enough :tu

whottt
03-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Dude your a tool.

Sigh...another one of these colossal intellects.

:lol Comparing a player who's played his entire professional career in a league with completely different rules and styles to young American players that have played American basketball is completely stupid,

Um douche...Scola still had the edge...his game cannot get any sharper offensively.

but reading some of the other crap you've already typed in this board, it's not very surprising (just like Scola's early season learning curve)

And reading your team name it's not very surprising that you are

A. A Scola nutsucker.
B. A bandwaggoner.

Nice of you to show up when you're team is on a 21 game streak...I am sure you have a lot of insight to offer this board from the entire month and a half you've been a basketball fan.

timvp
03-16-2008, 11:36 PM
21 game streak
:reading

whottt
03-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Good to know.

And you know what's bad to know...if the Rockets do well...it'll take just a little sting off any misfortune that should befall the Spurs, for some, won't it?

whottt
Go Scola's Go!

freemeat
TIMVP and Whott....you two should just get a room already.

Mr. Body
03-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Dumbest thread in existence.

Tmac&Luther
03-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Um douche...Scola still had the edge...his game cannot get any sharper offensively.

Please explain to me how "Scola had the edge".....actually make a argument without just typing dumb crap.

And reading your team name it's not very surprising that you are

A. A Scola nutsucker.

again guy like I said above, unlike you, I don't fantasize about balls in my face all day....so no.

B. A bandwaggoner.

Nice of you to show up when you're team is on a 21 game streak...I am sure you have a lot of insight to offer this board from the entire month and a half you've been a basketball fan.

How am I a bandwaggoner? I've been a Rockets fan for over 20 years, I still remember the last good player SA traded to Houston......Vernon Maxwell, that turned out nice also.

and like I said above, I would've never registered on this board if it wasn't for your blatant lies about Scola's play, so when you think about it, it's your own fault that your getting owned, by the new guy.

Also I don't know why your trying to call me a "Scola lover" or whatever, when have I said in this thread that he was the greatest thing to every step foot in the Toyota Center?........I'm simply stated the facts about his game, clearing up any misconceptions caused by you to the other SA fans that unlike you would actually like to know the truth about his game......that is all. When you flip out in this thread attacking people all you do is come off sounding like a butt hurt cry baby who is just upset and doesn't want to admit the fact that his team might've made a bad trade. I mean there's nothing wrong with that, every team in this league has made a bad deal one time or another, you can't win them all and the Spurs certainly have won their share of personnel moves.....they were due to muff one.

whottt
03-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Please explain to me how "Scola had the edge".....actually make a argument without just typing dumb crap.

Well, you are so stupid you evidentally think the NCAA and highschool have the same rules and is the same game as the NBA...so what would be the point?

I mean that's your explantion for why Scola had a tougehr time adjusting to the NBA than Durant...

again guy like I said above, unlike you, I don't fantasize about balls in my face all day....so no.

Sure you don't...That's why you have a guy named head in your user name.

How am I a bandwaggoner? I've been a Rockets fan for over 20 years, I still remember the last good player SA traded to Houston......Vernon Maxwell, that turned out nice also.

and like I said above, I would've never registered on this board if it wasn't for your blatant lies about Scola's play, so when you think about it, it's your own fault that your getting owned, by the new guy.

What blatant lie was that?

Also I don't know why your trying to call me a "Scola lover" or whatever, when have I said in this board that he was the greatest thing to every dawn the Toyota Center?........I'm simply stated the facts about his game, clearing up any misconceptions caused by you to the other SA fans that unlike you would actually like to know the truth about his game......that is all. When you flip out in this thread attacking people all you do is come off sounding like a butt hurt cry baby who is just upset and doesn't want to admit the fact that his team might've made a bad trade. I mean there's nothing wrong with that, every team in this league has made a bad deal one time or another, you can't win them all and the Spurs certainly have won their share of personell moves.....they were due to muff one.

Yawn...exactly how did they muff it?

By not spending the first part of their season breaking a 27 year old rookie into the NBA as they are defening their title?

Because Scola's puts up 9 points and 5 rebounds a game?

Because they didn't trade him to Cleveland? Or let him walk getting nothing for him?

Tell me...exactly how did they muff one.

T Park
03-16-2008, 11:52 PM
I don't get why its so hard for people to move on.

T Park
03-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Dumbest thread in existence.

No I'd say it was the one where you said

"How would Holt save money, Erick Williams would have to accept LESS money to get bought out!"

freemeat
03-16-2008, 11:53 PM
This thread is the reason I don't put posters like "Princess Pimp" on my ignore list...

:sleep

whottt
03-16-2008, 11:58 PM
As for Scola's rebounding:

12.0 per 48

Francisco Elson:

12.1 per 48

Oberto:

12.8 per 48

Matt Bonner:

10.8 per 48

And unlike Scola...they all have the disadvantage of playing with a truly dominant rebounder.

I know, I know...but he scores more points(on more shot attempts, because he doesn't have the greatest PF in history playing ahead of him in the rotation).

Show me something he's doing that Bonner and Oberto aren't...

Go ahead...say winning 22 games, I dare you.

ploto
03-17-2008, 12:03 AM
Awww... Rasho's thread got hijacked. :rollin

freemeat
03-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Rashofan must be disappointed....

whottt
03-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Tim Duncan never won 22 games in a row...

Hakeem never won 22 games in a row...

If only they'd had Scola.

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Well, you are so stupid you evidentally think the NCAA and highschool have the same rules and is the same game as the NBA...so what would be the point?

I mean that's your explantion for why Scola had a tougehr time adjusting to the NBA than Durant...

Nice try guy, but once again.....you fail.

1st...the NCAA is a hellava lot more comparable with how the NBA is called then FIBA is. :lol That isn't even debatable...well unless you just want to be a butt hurt whiner.

2nd...comparing Scola to Durant is completely stupid, even for you.......one is a perimeter player who doesn't have to bang with bigs (so he doesn't have to make a big adjustment to NBA foul calls down low) and he plays on a crappy team and is allowed all the time in the world on the court to hone his skills.

Scola on the other hand, plays and defends in the post against the league's other elite bigs, so the adjustment to NBA fouls was a MUCH BIGGER ADJUSTMENT and he also went to a veteran team that was trying to compete so unlike Durant he wasn't just handed the keys, he had to earn and work his way into the lineup....which means he didn't have near the court time to get better and make the adjustment right away.

Sure you don't...That's why you have a guy named head in your user name.

ROTFLMAO......Dude how the hell was that suppossed to help your case? That's LUTHER Head, but once again when you see the word "Head", you automatically think of d*ck sucking........honestly, you need help.

What blatant lie was that?

The Scola shooting 35%.

Yawn...exactly how did they muff it?

By not spending the first part of their season breaking a 27 year old rookie into the NBA as they are defening their title?

Because Scola's puts up 9 points and 5 rebounds a game?

Because they didn't trade him to Cleveland? Or let him walk getting nothing for him?

Tell me...exactly how did they muff one.

Wow, you honestly think Scola could've helped your team......okay even if you do think that, they muffed it by trading a player who was Houston's biggest weakness and need (a legit 4....something they haven't had since Barkley left) to a division instate rival. Scola is one of the main reasons we are where we are at now......without him, Houston falls out of the playoff picture, especially with Yao out. They should've taken whatever Cleveland or anybody else in the East had to offer, before they sent him to a divisional rival who was searching for a PF for over a decade.

whottt
03-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Wow, you honestly think Scola could've helped your team......okay even if you do think that, they muffed it by trading a player who was Houston's biggest weakness and need (a legit 4....something they haven't had since Barkley left) to a division instate rival. Scola is one of the main reasons we are where we are at now......without him, Houston falls out of the playoff picture, especially with Yao out.

So?

Show me a better trade they turned down.

They should've taken whatever Cleveland or anybody else in the East had to offer, before they sent him to a divisional rival who was searching for a PF for over a decade.

Um...last I chcked, Cleveland was in the finals last year...

Plus, their best player isn't a proven choker who can't get out of the first round, nor is their coach a notorious choker and whiner.

I fail to see how it would have been better to trade Scola to Cleveland...

Unless of course you think your 22 game winning streak is going to get you a trophy.

ploto
03-17-2008, 12:13 AM
I loved the quote on Scola today- TMac said something to the effect that Scola scares him because he plays so intense every play all the time.

He definitely is the most successful Argentine rookie the NBA has seen. Anyone who thinks Oberto as a rookie was even close is delusional.

whottt
03-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Nice try guy, but once again.....you fail.

1st...the NCAA is a hellava lot more comparable with how the NBA is called then FIBA is. :lol That isn't even debatable...well unless you just want to be a butt hurt whiner.

Oh sure...every great NCAA player just easily translates to the NBA...

Fucking moron...the translate to Europe better than the NBA...why the fuck do you think there are so many that can't make it in the NBA over there.

2nd...comparing Scola to Durant is completely stupid, even for you.......one is a perimeter player who doesn't have to bang with bigs (so he doesn't have to make a big adjustment to NBA foul calls down low) and he plays on a crappy team and is allowed all the time in the world on the court to hone his skills.

Sounds like an excuse to me...

Wow, you honestly think Scola could've helped your team......

What does he do better than Oberto? And he can't shoot thees like Bonner and Horry.

okay even if you do think that, they muffed it by trading a player who was Houston's biggest weakness and need (a legit 4....something they haven't had since Barkley left) to a division instate rival.

Maybe they just aren't that afraid of Houston...

I know you think the season is over because you've won 22 games in a row...I understand that this is the biggest thing that's ever happened to you in your life as an NBA fan...but it's not that big of a deal and the flaws in Houstons team are easy to see.

Scola is one of the main reasons we are where we are at now......without him, Houston falls out of the playoff picture, especially with Yao out. They should've taken whatever Cleveland or anybody else in the East had to offer, before they sent him to a divisional rival who was searching for a PF for over a decade.

Cleveland > Houston

Clevland makes it to the Finals...Houston doesn't make it out of the first round.

ploto

Spurs turned down a trade of Scola's rights for a first round draft pick the previous year because they wanted 2 first round picks for him.

Tmac&Luther
So?

Um...last I chcked, Cleveland was in the finals last year...

Plus, their best player isn't a proven choker who can't get out of the first round, nor is their coach a notorious choker and whiner.

I fail to see how it would have been better to trade Scola to Cleveland...

Unless of course you think your 22 game winning streak is going to get you a trophy.

This post right here just basically tells me you've given up on your argument, because now your not even really talking about Scola...

Had to pull the "Tmac is a choker" and "haven't gotten out of the first round" card :lol

Was that the "incase of getting destroyed on your home turf break glass" move or what. :lol

Also the "trophy" argument doesn't fluster me pal.....we have hardware, (remember the complete ownage that was Hakeem over David Robinson) it's not like I'm a Mavs fan or something.

ChumpDumper
Spurs turned down a trade of Scola's rights for a first round draft pick the previous year because they wanted 2 first round picks for him.
Link? I never saw that one.

whottt
03-17-2008, 12:17 AM

Well...and listening to everyone in this thread...that's what they should have been holding out for...plus Kobe.

Now you just have to prove they could have done that trade this offseason and instead traded him to the Rockets.

whottt
03-17-2008, 12:19 AM
This post right here just basically tells me you've given up on your argument, because now your not even really talking about Scola...

Had to pull the "Tmac is a choker" card :lol

I think Houston's problems were definitely something the Spurs considered when making this trade...as was the fact that Yao is breaking down and TMac has back problems.

And Adelman teaches his teams to beat themselves with his ref whining...

Also the "trophy" argument doesn't fluster me pal.....we have hardware, (remember the complete ownage that was Hakeem over David Robinson) it's not like I'm a Mavs fan or something.

Oh that's true...you guys did win a couple of titles 14 years ago...Props for that.

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Oh sure...every great NCAA player just easily translates to the NBA...

Fucking moron...the translate to Europe better than the NBA...why the fuck do you think there are so many that can't make it in the NBA over there.

When the hell did I say every great NCAA player easily translates to the NBA? That's obvious, have you ever heard things called busts or what pal.

and the reason why there's so many players over there that can't make it over here is because the NBA has the greatest talent in the world you "Fucking moron".......you didn't prove any damn point with that dumbass statement.

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2008, 12:30 AM
I think Houston's problems were definitely something the Spurs considered when making this trade.

Houston's biggest problems were the lack of a good supporting cast........SA moving Scola to Houston greatly fixed that.....which is the reason we have some ungodly winning record since the day he was inserted into the starting lineup....again like I said, Houston has been searching for a legit PF for over a decade.

whottt
03-17-2008, 12:45 AM
When the hell did I say every great NCAA player easily translates to the NBA? That's obvious, have you ever heard things called busts or what pal.

and the reason why there's so many players over there that can't make it over here is because the NBA has the greatest talent in the world you "Fucking moron".......you didn't prove any damn point with that dumbass statement.

Yes I did idiot...you said it's easier to make the transition from the NCAA to the NBA than from Euroleague to the NBA, citing the differences in the game...insinuating that there are more similarities between the NCAA and the NBA than there are between Europe and the NBA...in fact, you're wrong. The rules in the NCAA are more similar to Europe than the NBA, and the talent in Europe is closer to NBA level talent than the NCAA. So no..

10 years of fucking experience playing pro in Europe, against many ex NBA players does do more to prepare you for the transition than 4 years of highschool basketball and 1 year of NCAA ball against many players that will never be good enough to play in the Euroleagues.

So tell me...

Tell me of these differences that make it easier for a 19 year old player in the NCAA to make the jump to the NBA than a 10 year Euroleague vet...

Tell me...this ought to be good.

You tried to claim a 19 year old kid with 1 year of college experience had a less difficult transition path to the NBA than a 10 year Euroleague Vet.

That makes you stupid and uknowledgable.

You know why it was easier for Durant to make that transition? Because he's a better player than Scola...

But go ahead...tell me you'd take Scola over Durant...even now...whether it's win now or win later.

MrChug
03-17-2008, 12:46 AM
I love whott...pure sterling entertainment.

Buddy Holly
03-17-2008, 01:13 AM
If someone can actually admit they'd take Bonner or Elson over Scola and be 100% serious about it, well that person needs a swift kick in the balls, that is of course if they have any.

ChumpDumper
03-17-2008, 01:33 AM
If someone can actually admit they'd take Bonner or Elson over Scola and be 100% serious about it, well that person needs a swift kick in the balls, that is of course if they have any.
If someone can actually say he has the money to pay Jackie Butler's salary and the same amount again for the tax hit and be 100% serious about it, I would like to ask for a comparatively small loan.

E20
03-17-2008, 02:22 AM
Is it safe to say that the FO regrets trading Scola? It did make Pop wanna spit.

rayweb_on
03-17-2008, 02:50 AM
argue with whott its impossible cus he is an stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

rayweb_on
03-17-2008, 02:52 AM
Yes I did idiot.

rayweb_on
03-17-2008, 02:52 AM
you see

whottt
03-17-2008, 02:57 AM

So, what part of Argentina are you from?

freemeat
03-17-2008, 03:02 AM

You've just been "sigged," my friend....er, as soon as they're re-enabled.

Flight3107
03-17-2008, 03:04 AM

Well said... :lol

rascal
03-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Welcome Tmac&Luther

Good input in this thread. Nice making whott look like a fool.

urunobili
03-17-2008, 09:09 AM
what an embarrassing way of starting another Scola thread...

WhotttDynasty
03-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Scola is just a fluke player making fluke plays.

In the 3 games since Yao went down, Scola is actually averaging negative points and rebounds. He is shooting less than zero percent from the floor.

If he were any good, he'd have been putting up 20 and 10 in November.

Houston's 22 game streak is just a fluke. They're beating teams they're supposed to beat. No surprise there.

There's no way they get to 23. Houston is not a real contender. Scola drags them down because he sucks so bad.

Also, Argentine people suck. Your country is fascist. You used to have a president named "Nestor." In the US, a name like "Nestor" would immediately disqualify somebody from office. Now, if somebody were named Charles Bronson Kirchner, that would be awesome. I would vote him President for life.

If the Argentines had somebody named John Wayne or Clint Eastwood or Charles Bronson as president, they would be able to kick British ass and take their islands back.

P.S. Muslims suck. I bet Scola is a Muslim. Is his middle name Hussein?

angel_luv
03-17-2008, 09:20 AM
LOL- Whott. When I read the thread title, I immediately thought of Sho.
How fun that your thread is actually about him. :)

Wow-20 points and 8 rebounds!
Way to go Sho! :D

I hate that I am missing all his games.

diego
03-17-2008, 09:44 AM
As for Scola's rebounding:

12.0 per 48

Francisco Elson:

12.1 per 48

Oberto:

12.8 per 48

Matt Bonner:

10.8 per 48

And unlike Scola...they all have the disadvantage of playing with a truly dominant rebounder.

I know, I know...but he scores more points(on more shot attempts, because he doesn't have the greatest PF in history playing ahead of him in the rotation).

Show me something he's doing that Bonner and Oberto aren't...

both mutombo and yao are comparable to Timmy as rebounders, slightly inferior but close all the same...

as for things that scola is doing that bonner and oberto arent:

pts40: scola 16.3 beats both bonner (16.0) and oberto (9.3) (rasho 12.7)
PER: scola 15.9 beats both bonner (13.33) and oberto (13.85) (rasho 14.92)
TS%: scola 54.1 beats bonner (53.2), not oberto (61.0) (rasho 54.3)
reb-rate: scola 14.3 beats bonner (13.4), not oberto (15.6) (rasho 14)
ast-t: scola 11.5 beats bonner (8.0), not oberto (20.2) (rasho 15.7)

scola does have more TO:
TO-r scola 11.4 vs 10.4 and 9.9 for oberto. (rasho 9.9)
however that is offset by his 2+ a/to ratio, oberto is just under 2 while bonner is less than 1. (rasho just over 1)

all stats from knickerblogger.net

conclusion: argentina wins, bonner, rasho and whottt lose. :smokin

ps: if anyone doesnt have a dominant rebounder playing with him, its rasho

ArgSpursFan.
03-17-2008, 02:25 PM
the Scola trade might have a chance to come down as one of the worst trades in SA franchise History,but not as today.
maybe right now,passing on Howard,or trading Hedo or Sjax are worst tham leting Scola go for a bag of penuts and some money.
What Scola is doing this year is probably half of what He is really capable to do in the NBA.
Like I said 6 months ago,I say it again................
.....Time will tell.