PDA

View Full Version : Boston and the Texas Triangle

Princess Pimp
03-17-2008, 01:08 AM
The Boston Celtics begin their trip to the Texas Traingle to play 3 of the best Western Conference Teams.

Boston beat all 3 Texas teams earlier this year at home and now it's time to prove they can also beat them when they visit Texas.

How many games do you think Boston will win during this trip?

I'll go with 2 wins and 1 loss

I strongly believe they will beat the Spurs easily and finish the Rockets winning streak on Monday and Tuesday but finally lose to the Mavs on Thursday.

http://www.nba.com/media/texas_triangle.jpg

Manudona
03-17-2008, 01:11 AM
I strongly believe that nobody gives shit of what you post in this forums

whottt
03-17-2008, 01:12 AM
I wonder who the last team to win the Texas triangle was...I think it might have been the Celtics back in the late 80...although the Bulls might have done it.

Princess Pimp
03-17-2008, 01:14 AM
I strongly believe that nobody gives shit of what you post in this forums
I'm just giving my honest opinion...

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 01:17 AM
I see BOS beating the Spurs tomorrow night but being too tired to pull out a win against HOU.

Princess Pimp
03-17-2008, 01:21 AM
I see BOS beating the Spurs tomorrow night but being too tired to pull out a win against HOU.

I hope Houston wins but they are due for a loss, too much pressure with the long winning streak

DAF86
is allen playing?

Princess Pimp
is allen playing?

Questionable.

DAF86
03-17-2008, 01:28 AM
the spurs're looking bad right now but they are the masters of winning while looking bad

Condemned 2 HelLA
03-17-2008, 01:31 AM
I wonder who the last team to win the Texas triangle was...I think it might have been the Celtics back in the late 80...although the Bulls might have done it.

Didn't the Blazers do it a decade or so ago?

Matchman
03-17-2008, 01:35 AM
All the Rockets fan are pulling for a quadriple overtime SAS vs BOS game

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 01:44 AM
Rocket fans get more luck with Allen being out and facing BOS on a back to back. I swear their streak is impressive but the amount of lucky breaks during it is even more impressive. They have not knocked off one legitimate contender that wasn't missing significant pieces.

Next Superstar
03-17-2008, 01:44 AM
There seems to a trend going with houston lately. The teams they are playing against are missing key players. It looks like boston might be missin ray allen. Is there some kind of divine intervention going on here.

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 01:51 AM
They have won 22 straight and have yet to play a legitimate playoff contender that isn't missing half its starting lineup due to injuries. Unbelievable.

icem
03-17-2008, 01:57 AM
They have won 22 straight and have yet to play a legitimate playoff contender that isn't missing half its starting lineup due to injuries. Unbelievable.

beat the hornets by 20 on their home floor, while at full strength.

spurms
03-17-2008, 01:58 AM
The Boston Celtics begin their trip to the Texas Traingle to play 3 of the best Western Conference Teams.

Boston beat all 3 Texas teams earlier this year at home and now it's time to prove they can also beat them when they visit Texas.

How many games do you think Boston will win during this trip?

I'll go with 2 wins and 1 loss

I strongly believe they will beat the Spurs easily and finish the Rockets winning streak on Monday and Tuesday but finally lose to the Mavs on Thursday.

http://www.nba.com/media/texas_triangle.jpg

Meh this do not concern the phoenix suns!

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 02:02 AM

Missing David West right?

spurms
03-17-2008, 02:16 AM
Missing David West right?

Pls check up ur facts again.

GetNashty
03-17-2008, 03:39 AM
I don't see how anyone can knock the Rockets for beating some teams that aren't at full strength, half the damn streak has been without Yao.

bobbyjoe
03-17-2008, 03:57 AM

Yeah, but Bonzi Wells and Mike James were out. Had they played, NO wins going away...

DaDakota
03-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Rocket fans get more luck with Allen being out and facing BOS on a back to back. I swear their streak is impressive but the amount of lucky breaks during it is even more impressive. They have not knocked off one legitimate contender that wasn't missing significant pieces.

Of course the Spurs play the Celtics FIRST, but they aren't lucky right?

I don't see how anyone can knock the Rockets for beating some teams that aren't at full strength, half the damn streak has been without Yao.

And Steve Francis - out for the year
And Carl Landry - best PF off the bench

22 baby....22 in a row.

DD

endrity
03-17-2008, 08:05 AM
22 straight wins is 22 straight wins, no need to diss that. It is mighty impressive. I don't know what people are trying to achieve. Houston probably wins the first round this year IF they keep that number one seed and play GS/Den. I don't know what happens if they fall a bit in the standings. Even as a number 2 they might end up playing SA and there is no way in hell they win that.

As for Boston, I think they go 1-2. They probably are going to win one between SA and Houston, but it will be tough against both. Duncan is going to play hard against KG. I think they lose against the Mavs. We are playing amazing right now, and in our homecort we have been almost unbeatable. Plus the Mavs have been looking forward to this week for a long time.

spurms
03-17-2008, 08:10 AM
22 straight wins is 22 straight wins, no need to diss that. It is mighty impressive. I don't know what people are trying to achieve. Houston probably wins the first round this year IF they keep that number one seed and play GS/Den. I don't know what happens if they fall a bit in the standings. Even as a number 2 they might end up playing SA and there is no way in hell they win that.

As for Boston, I think they go 1-2. They probably are going to win one between SA and Houston, but it will be tough against both. Duncan is going to play hard against KG. I think they lose against the Mavs. We are playing amazing right now, and in our homecort we have been almost unbeatable. Plus the Mavs have been looking forward to this week for a long time.

haha you are amazing beating insignificant teams, actually i think the celtics will go 2-1 in this stretch with wins against houston and dallas, houston because that streak must come to an end sometime, and the celtics are a great team, and dallas because..well dallas is not good enough vs the top teams.

DaDakota
03-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Win
Loss
Win

DD

endrity
03-17-2008, 08:40 AM
To spurms:

Blowing out five straight teams, when you play your starters barely more than half of the minutes, is always impressive. Every team has easy stretches like these but I don't see them blowing out every single team. You play who's on your schedule, and we have played them about as well as you could ask, especially for a team that has always had trouble putting other teams away.

Dallas was really good against the other top teams until that mid February stetch when we:
1) Had half a roster for some of those games with Stack, Harris, Josh, Damp all being out at times or all together.
2) The first few games under the trade when the team was completely new to each other.

Check out how we do this week and then we can discuss this issue with much more clarity.

Shank
03-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Tracy McGrady can stand in Houston and see both San Antonio and Dallas with his goofy eyes.

Agloco
03-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Tracy McGrady can stand in Houston and see both San Antonio and Dallas with his goofy eyes.

:lol :lol

Indazone
03-17-2008, 10:24 AM
I think the Celts get beaten by all the Texas teams. They haven't been playing that great of late.

The Franchise
03-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Yeah, but Bonzi Wells and Mike James were out. Had they played, NO wins going away...
This just sounds retarded. Just to clarify; WE HAVE BEEN PLAYING WITHOUT YAO AND LANDRY!!!!!! :dizzy I don't give a damn about someone being out for any other team. You're just whining because your jellybean and his posse weren't up to the challenge. Crying ass Laker fans. :ihit

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Yao obviously isn't as important to your team as you thought if you are still able to win without him. Yao+Tmac have never accomplished anything other than playoff disappointment together. It's classic Ewing Theory.

DaDakota
03-17-2008, 11:08 AM
This just sounds retarded. Just to clarify; WE HAVE BEEN PLAYING WITHOUT YAO AND LANDRY!!!!!! :dizzy I don't give a damn about someone being out for any other team. You're just whining because your jellybean and his posse weren't up to the challenge. Crying ass Laker fans. :ihit

And Steve Francis...

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Please Steve Francis couldn't even crack the rotation with Reefer and rookie Aaron Brooks. He is useless.

JBIIRockets
03-17-2008, 03:50 PM
All the Rockets fan are pulling for a quadriple overtime SAS vs BOS game

Who do you think will get hurt tonight? KG, Pierce or Allen? :lol

Indazone
03-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Well for all the trash talking..and I'm loving it btw.

I think we need to see the Spurs fans own up and make a statement about how they are gonna trash the Celtics! C'mon if us Rockets fans can back up our own team, when are the Spurs fans gonna back up their own.

hater
03-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Well for all the trash talking..and I'm loving it btw.

I think we need to see the Spurs fans own up and make a statement about how they are gonna trash the Celtics! C'mon if us Rockets fans can back up our own team, when are the Spurs fans gonna back up their own.

Most spur fans are realistic. we've been playing like shit so we will probably get blown out by cetics tonight.

I am actually sure we gonna lose. oh well

BUMP
03-17-2008, 05:50 PM
the Spurs havent looked anything unusual to me. they lost a close game in Detroit, then lost their usual road game against the irrelevant Eastern Conference opponent (the 76ers this time). they are always tough at home so i think they will be fine

ludda
03-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Spurs win.
Rockets and Mavs lose.
:king

Indazone
03-17-2008, 06:52 PM
all three teams whup up on the Celtics!

pking
03-17-2008, 07:45 PM
01-02 Kings.

Celts last time to go 3-0 in the triangle was 86-87.

Dreamshake
03-17-2008, 11:17 PM
This will be a close game and San Antonio will win it at the end. They have been playing like shit but they are still a fantastic home team!

I love how other Spur fans have already given up on the team! :lol

You have proven yourself a masterful predictor of games lately. Please oh god please once again spend about 40 posts describing how the Rockets will lose to the C's like you did the Lakers....LOL.

Dreamshake
03-17-2008, 11:37 PM

Let me put this tool on record already.

1. The Spurs couldn't beat these same C's without Ray Allen. Where is your "lucky" talk in addressing this.

2. So if the Rockets win, its luck due to Allen being out, and now that the Spurs lost wihtout Allen, what does that make the Spurs?

3. Every team plays teams that get b2b's. This wasn't god invented to help out the Rox, or was it?

4. The Rockets lucked out by not having star players on opposition? Dirk Ill hand you, but we crushed the Hornets on their court with David West. We beat GS, beat down Lebron twice, a solid Denver team, and just before our 22 game winning streak, sandwhiched between one Utah loss at Utah without Yao, we had a 4 game winning streak. Which included beating the Spurs. I guess you can discount our 22 game winning streak but not our 4 game winning streak baby!!!! Or can you?

Enough already. Quite being jealous of the Rox being in first place, just beating your scrub team 2 out of 3, and we only lost to your team when TMac had just came back from his injury, by three. Oh and your beastly Bynum looked like Yao's bitch that game too.

Oh and look at this scrubby run of 21 games the Lakers had to fluff their schedule with.

Fri 01 @ Toronto
Sun 03 @ Washington
Tue 05 @ New Jersey
Wed 06 @ Atlanta
Fri 08 @ Orlando
Sun 10 @ Miami
Mon 11 @ Charlotte
Wed 13 @ Minnesota
Tue 19 vs Atlanta
Wed 20 @ Phoenix
Sat 23 @ LA Clippers
Sun 24 @ Seattle
Tue 26 vs Portland
Thu 28 vs Miami
Fri 29 @ Portland
March Opponent Result
Sun 02 vs Dallas
Tue 04 @ Sacramento
Fri 07 vs LA Clippers
Sun 09 vs Sacramento
Tue 11 vs Toronto
Fri 14 @ New Orleans

Don't see no 22 game winning streak in there

davi78239
03-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Boston will be tired and lose tomorrow after a tough game tonight with us Spurs. Those fuckin boston fans all over the arena really got on my goddam nerves tonight. I hope the rockets beat the shit out of their tired asses tomorrow.

Dreamshake
03-17-2008, 11:42 PM
I must be an idiot to think that The Spurs would win minus Ray ALLen and with them having one of the best home records in the nba!

Yeah, wow impressive win by the Rockets minus Gasol...shit here is another predication the Rockets win the title this year..they are that fucking good.

Alston is also the best point guard in the NBA..I mean he is better than Chris Paul and Isiah Thomas combined!

I can't wait to see Houston win this year..Go Rockets :toast

You sir are a fucking moron!

Yes you are an idiot considering the The C's have the best record in the L by far, play the Best D and the Spurs are in the midst of their now 4 game losing streak. Not saying the Spurs couldn't of won, or shouldn't of won, merely that you are now 0-2. So if your not an idiot for predicting Spurs, how can you previously claim Laker Victory over the Rockets the night before? How can you after the game is done, then use Gasol as a reason for losing? Which is it now, chump? The Rox will lose, or hey they should of won there was no Gasol. And no one is claiming Alston is the best. But if you look Rafer shoots terribly most nights...like the two nights before, but yet the Rockets still won. Again you are a victim of your own stupidity.

If Im the moron, that makes you the uber stupid.

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 11:46 PM
DreamShake you really need to stop embarrassing yourself. Your Rockets will do that for you in the playoffs. Stop looking for validation that your team is the best in the WC because you won't get that from anyone on this forum other than your own idiotic Rocket homers.

Indazone
03-18-2008, 12:21 AM

Good then that means it's somewhat fair. We are missing key pieces too. Yao out for season and Landry injured for this stretch. Hope we get him back for Boston.

Indazone
03-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Boston will be tired and lose tomorrow after a tough game tonight with us Spurs. Those fuckin boston fans all over the arena really got on my goddam nerves tonight. I hope the rockets beat the shit out of their tired asses tomorrow.

Thank you Spurs for softening em up. Go Rockets tomorrow!!

Indazone
03-18-2008, 12:23 AM
I must be an idiot to think that The Spurs would win minus Ray ALLen and with them having one of the best home records in the nba!

Yeah, wow impressive win by the Rockets minus Gasol...shit here is another predication the Rockets win the title this year..they are that fucking good.

Alston is also the best point guard in the NBA..I mean he is better than Chris Paul and Isiah Thomas combined!

I can't wait to see Houston win this year..Go Rockets :toast

You sir are a fucking moron!

Keep talkin. We like the press

DazedAndConfused
03-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Sadly Rocket fans are just little attention craving whores. They haven't had a team worth rooting for in over a decade.

Matchman
03-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Sadly Rocket fans are just little attention craving whores. They haven't had a team worth rooting for in over a decade.

with a thread guaranteeing a Lakers win and got totally owned by rockets fans and still have the audacity to post sour grape posts after the game, i can see who is the attention whore.

DazedAndConfused
03-18-2008, 01:14 AM
Please you and I both know the Rockets will not beat the Lakers if we meet in the post season. Please tell me you don't actually believe the Rockets stand a chance against a fully healthy Laker team.

mavs>spurs2
03-18-2008, 01:16 AM
Lakers are over-fucking-rated..they will be 2nd round and out. Despite the current seedings, nothings changed either the Spurs, Mavs, or Suns will represent the West.

Indazone
03-18-2008, 01:20 AM
Wow, just found this. On paper we beat the Celtics statistically in every aspect of the game. WE BELIEVE!

Check it out and disregard the stats above the line. Obviously wrong.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj137/Spurspics/Rockets-Celtics.jpg

Matchman
03-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Please you and I both know the Rockets will not beat the Lakers if we meet in the post season. Please tell me you don't actually believe the Rockets stand a chance against a fully healthy Laker team.

who would have thought the mighty Lakers with 4 hall of famers would toppled in the Finals against the Pistons? Shit happens, especially when the opponent is playing team basketball with stellar defense. and i said it here "I actually believe the Rockets stand a chance against a fully healthy Laker team."

DazedAndConfused
03-18-2008, 01:36 AM
Hahahahahahah Haaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahah Ahaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahah

Reefer Alston is your best player right now. You aren't going anywhere in the post season and every fan on here knows it except your fellow dumbass Rocket homers.

Indazone
03-18-2008, 01:37 AM
and yet your Lakers got totally owned last night. Was it even close?

hahahahahahahaha

DazedAndConfused
03-18-2008, 01:43 AM
You know it's not even worth wasting bandwidth anymore about the Rockets. We all know they simply aren't going anywhere in the post season. I hope the Celtics bitchslap you and your showboating lack of class team back to reality. Good night.

nil.ball
03-18-2008, 01:52 AM
You know it's not even worth wasting bandwidth anymore about the Rockets. We all know they simply aren't going anywhere in the post season. I hope the Celtics bitchslap you and your showboating lack of class team back to reality. Good night.

Can you please guarantee a celtics win tomorrow? I am feeling uneasy that nobody has said that yet. Plz?

LEONARD
03-18-2008, 09:43 AM
DazedAndConfused...are you trying to look like SpursDynasty???

Gino
03-18-2008, 11:21 AM

Riiiiight. Because Kobe, Phil Jackson and the Lakers are so classy and never showboat.

dirk4mvp
03-18-2008, 02:59 PM

probably because that's not from this year.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Wow, just found this. On paper we beat the Celtics statistically in every aspect of the game. WE BELIEVE!

Dude none of those are right.

Fernando TD21
03-18-2008, 03:08 PM

Check it out and disregard the stats above the line AND UNDER THE LINE. Obviously wrong.

Fixed.