PDA

View Full Version : Skip to my Lou Rafer Alston goes Streetball on Sasha Vujacic

Indazone
03-17-2008, 11:20 AM
This video was too funny. Had to have it's own thread. Rafer Skip to My Lou Alston toys with Sasha Vujacic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk_7UwbmyOk

George Gervin's Afro
03-17-2008, 11:40 AM
This video was too funny. Had to have it's own thread. Rafer Skip to My Lou Alston toys with Sasha Vujacic.

yup that was pretty classless by alston.. it was one of those 'act like you have been there before' moments..

BruceBowenFan
03-17-2008, 11:46 AM
damn that was nasty

Kriz-Maxima
03-17-2008, 11:47 AM
What the hell did he got angry at?

crc21209
03-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Yea pretty stupid, bunch of showboats, these type of things are why they wont be taken seriously in the playoffs, that and no low post game.

monosylab1k
03-17-2008, 11:51 AM
The Professor owns Skip.

Indazone
dang and I was waiting for Rafer to either bounce the ball off his forehead or wrap the ball around his head.

BonnerDynasty
I still don't know why he even went maddog on that guy.

George Gervin's Afro
03-17-2008, 11:53 AM
I still don't know why he even went maddog on that guy.

Well I guess it's like the players stating now that they are the number one seed in the west.. In March...

monosylab1k
03-17-2008, 11:58 AM
What's with shitty Houston guards who can't do much besides hit 3-pointers having such an attitude? First there was Jon Barry & Bob Sura with their stupid 3 point hand gesture, now Rafer and this crap.

I guess when they get their asses blown out in another first round game 7, he won't find the time to showboat like that.

bdictjames
03-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Well you know if teams see this, they'll play harder against Rafer and co.

Expect the Rox streak to end this week.

thispego
03-17-2008, 12:03 PM
i missed the funny part. where was it?

George Gervin's Afro
03-17-2008, 12:04 PM
What's with shitty Houston guards who can't do much besides hit 3-pointers having such an attitude? First there was Jon Barry & Bob Sura with their stupid 3 point hand gesture, now Rafer and this crap.

I guess when they get their asses blown out in another first round game 7, he won't find the time to showboat like that.

Well rafer did have an outstanding game yesterday.. well I guess it would be accurate to say he had a career night. With that being said if any team is counting on Skip to consistently knock down shots in the playoffs is one that won't be to successful..

Indazone
03-17-2008, 12:06 PM
I guess this is pretty much expected. Opposing teams fans going off and saying it was classless and Rockets fans watching it and laughing.

JamStone
03-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Loved it from both players.

Rafer killed the Lakers all by himself and they blew them out in the fourth quarter largely because of him. He's always been an ass on the court. Why shouldn't he continue to be? That's what he's always been. He probably doesn't have any respect for Vujacic or the Lakers. So why show any? In a Rucker tournament, Rafer bounced the basketball off of Steve Francis' forehead. If he's gonna do that to Steve Francis back when Francis was still good and respected, he damn sure doesn't care about showboating on Sasha Vujacic. Loved it.

Loved it from Sasha Vujacic's end too. You get showboated on in a blowout loss, absolultely foul that bitch hard. In fact, Sasha should have done more than just fouled him hard. Should have put a forearm shiver right into his grill. Would have been worth a 1 or 2 game suspension.

Thought it was beautiful all the way around.

sribb43
03-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Sasha aka "The Machine" dont take crap from no one

Kriz-Maxima
03-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Loved it from Sasha Vujacic's end too. You get showboated on in a blowout loss, absolultely foul that bitch hard. In fact, Sasha should have done more than just fouled him hard. Should have put a forearm shiver right into his grill. Would have been worth a 1 or 2 game suspension.

I especially agree with that. Make the guy pay for it.

hater
03-17-2008, 12:21 PM
alston is an embarrassment to Houston

showboating is bad enough but then getting mad at that ticky foul. what a fucking bitch

vujachick should have put that fool on the floor

Indazone
03-17-2008, 12:23 PM

Rafer killed the Lakers all by himself and they blew them out in the fourth quarter largely because of him. He's always been an ass on the court. Why shouldn't he continue to be? That's what he's always been. He probably doesn't have any respect for Vujacic or the Lakers. So why show any? In a Rucker tournament, Rafer bounced the basketball off of Steve Francis' forehead. If he's gonna do that to Steve Francis back when Francis was still good and respected, he damn sure doesn't care about showboating on Sasha Vujacic. Loved it.

He bounced the ball off Francis's forhead??? I wanna see a clip of that. It would be hilarious. Anyone got a link?

monosylab1k
03-17-2008, 12:23 PM
I think Rafer got pissed only because he thought a known homosexual was trying to grab his ass.

DarrinS
03-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah, he really faked out <insert name of unknown euro player here>.

Nice job.

Indazone
03-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Found the clip where Alston bounced the ball off Francis's head.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9116419118355827423&q=alston+steve+francis&total=9&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

rAm
03-17-2008, 12:54 PM
I thought it was hilarious, fuck Sasha vujacic. You just got played.

DaDakota
03-17-2008, 01:02 PM
It was a bit over the top by Skip and a hard foul was warranted...big deal.

I like the song though.

DD

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 01:08 PM
This is the exact reason why HOU will never amount to anything in the playoffs this season. Their best player is Rafer Alston.

George Gervin's Afro
03-17-2008, 01:10 PM
I think Rafer got pissed only because he thought a known homosexual was trying to grab his ass.

Is vusisuckadick gay?

George Gervin's Afro
03-17-2008, 01:12 PM
alston is an embarrassment to Houston

showboating is bad enough but then getting mad at that ticky foul. what a fucking bitch

vujachick should have put that fool on the floor

I would have put him on his ass... sort of like in baseball.. if an unspoken rule is broken then you are nailed the next time up at the plate.

Cry Havoc
03-17-2008, 01:35 PM

I know we disagree on a lot of stuff, but this post is 100% the way I feel.

You guys are whining about this and then you turn around and hype the glory of the 80s for how physical and man vs. man it was. It's BECAUSE of stuff like this that the 80s were so physical. Yet now you're pissy about someone showing attitude on the court? Hypocrites. If Manu did this Spurs fans would be rolling. If this happened in the 80s it wouldn't even have deserved it's own post because it happened ALL THE TIME.

Paging, Spurstalk forum, we have lost our balls. I repeat, we are sans testicles.

monosylab1k
03-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Yet now you're pissy about someone showing attitude on the court? Hypocrites.
I didn't have a big problem with it, but there is a difference between showing attitude on the court and acting like a jackass. I don't think dribbling around like a moron showing off your amateurish And1 skills passes as "attitude". You just look like a dick if you do that.

And I'd love for you to show evidence of this happening "all the time" in the 80's.

mavs>spurs2
03-17-2008, 01:49 PM
I didn't think it was that big a deal..it was actually pretty funny.

Findog
03-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Wow, look at those two vaginas go at it. Those Miller Lite girls mixed it up harder than that.

hater
03-17-2008, 01:58 PM
I know we disagree on a lot of stuff, but this post is 100% the way I feel.

You guys are whining about this and then you turn around and hype the glory of the 80s for how physical and man vs. man it was. It's BECAUSE of stuff like this that the 80s were so physical. Yet now you're pissy about someone showing attitude on the court? Hypocrites. If Manu did this Spurs fans would be rolling. If this happened in the 80s it wouldn't even have deserved it's own post because it happened ALL THE TIME.

Paging, Spurstalk forum, we have lost our balls. I repeat, we are sans testicles.

why r u bringing up the 80s????

If Alson would have tried that clown nonsense vs. Pistons of the 80s , he would have skipped off the court with a broken leg

monosylab1k
03-17-2008, 02:01 PM
in the 80's they could talk trash and taunt and do all that shit better than anyone.

but if Skip tried that retarded "woohoo look at me dribble a basketball, it's so impressive that i'm dribbling a ball, look it went between my legs! brilliant!" crap back then, he'd either 1) leave the court with the aforementioned broken leg, or 2) get laughed off the court for making a complete asshole of himself.

jacobdrj
03-17-2008, 02:02 PM
That was so NOT a double technical, it is not even funny. That was all Raf3r, and if it wasn't for the fact it was a career game on a historic occasion at home, he would have gotten the tech... People who know basketball don't doubt the Rox because Yao went down, or because they lack name recognition, it is because their PG is emotional baggage. He played well yesterday, he didn't need to foul it up. Rafer should have been proud he was able to 'Skip' his way out of some clock, not gone almost Zidane on V.

Indazone
03-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Y'know if more NBA players did this it would be great. Let the boyz play I say. It's more entertaining that way. In fact, I'd like to see more streetball type moves in the NBA.

jacobdrj
03-17-2008, 02:05 PM
If more players had Rafer's footwork, THAT would be entertaining.
On a side note, Scola does rule. Hek of a game. He was fun to watch.

monosylab1k
03-17-2008, 02:08 PM
If more players had Rafer's footwork, THAT would be entertaining.
Alot of NBA players could do exactly what Skip does, and alot of them could do it better.

But they're more focused on improving actual aspects of their game. Not everyone in the NBA is content with being a spare PG who occasionally gets hot from the 3 point line.

bdictjames
03-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Y'know if more NBA players did this it would be great. Let the boyz play I say. It's more entertaining that way. In fact, I'd like to see more streetball type moves in the NBA.
Oh please no.

You have lost all credibility for saying that. I dont want 50-second shotclocks, turnovers, and the audience consisting of hungry jackals whenever somebody dunks.

Kriz-Maxima
03-17-2008, 02:13 PM
I dont have a problem with it. But it was a bunch of movement with no accomplishment. Did he do an ankle breaker? Did Sasha fall? Did he get of an amazig shot? He looked all cute with his dribbling all by himself near halfcourt. Brilliant!

Indazone
03-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Well it would be interesting to see what Rafer could do on an iso type basketball team like the Mav's or the old Rockets under Rudy T.

jacobdrj
03-17-2008, 02:16 PM
A lot of people reminisce about when Cousy ran the clock down without drawing a foul in the championship... Few players in the NBA do that in game, and I think they should try and run clock off by 'dancing' if they can. Honestly, I don't think they can. That was really cool and I give Rafer props for that, at least until his quazi-meltdown.

Indazone
03-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Oh please no.

You have lost all credibility for saying that. I dont want 50-second shotclocks, turnovers, and the audience consisting of hungry jackals whenever somebody dunks.

Pleaaszzzee..you have to allow more streetballing moves within the context of the game. In other words, how the games are reffed. You don't get those crazy Doctor J or George Gervin type moves or these type players anymore. That was good old school basketball.

monosylab1k
03-17-2008, 02:17 PM
it wasn't even a year ago that Rockets fans were ready to run Skip out of town. Funny how things change.

jacobdrj
03-17-2008, 02:17 PM
I dont have a problem with it. But it was a bunch of movement with no accomplishment. Did he do an ankle breaker? Did Sasha fall? Did he get of an amazig shot? He looked all cute with his dribbling all by himself near halfcourt. Brilliant!

He ran off clock. I know the game was practically over, but I wouldn't mind seeing that again when it mattered, where 10ths of a second make the difference, a few 'broken tackles' is a good thing.

hater
03-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Pleaaszzzee..you have to allow more streetballing moves within the context of the game.

damn u know absolutely nothing about basketball.

It's not that those moves are illegal. IT is the fact that a decent coach would bench a clown who tried that shit more than once. How does it help win ballgames?

basketball is a competitive team sport. maybe you should wait until globetrotters come to your town.

Kriz-Maxima
He ran off clock. I know the game was practically over, but I wouldn't mind seeing that again when it mattered, where 10ths of a second make the difference, a few 'broken tackles' is a good thing.

On another situation that might be a good thing. But it still stands this time it was a bunch of movement without any accomplishment beyond showing off.

jacobdrj
it wasn't even a year ago that Rockets fans were ready to run Skip out of town. Funny how things change.
I still want him out of Houston, as I am a huge T-Mac fan, and a fan of Yao as well. But as much as I bash Adleman (as Kings Fans will attest) he has been as good an ego manager as P-Jax throughout his career, and as long as he is there, there is a glimmer of hope that it is Rafer's talent that shines through, instead of his ego.

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2008, 02:21 PM
I especially agree with that. Make the guy pay for it.
Sasha was beefing with Rafer all game. Rafer was just going to dribble the ball out, but Sasha was guarding and D-ing Rafer hella hard and wouldn't back off. Only 50 seconds left in the damn game and the Rockets are up by 13. Rafer faked him out...

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 02:26 PM
When the best player on your team is Rafer Alston you know you are not a contender.

DaDakota
03-17-2008, 02:29 PM
When the best player on your team is Rafer Alston you know you are not a contender.

Thank GOD he is not even close to the best player on the Rockets then, huh?

DD

Indazone
03-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Good point about Cousy. How often do you see this in today's NBA??

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nkrIrZcR42o&feature=related

jacobdrj
03-17-2008, 02:32 PM
The thing is, he wasn't the best player... he was hot, and a good coach goes to the hot hand.
T-Mac was actualy AMAZING. It didn't show up in the scoreboard, but he was making a bunch of very good decisions.

samikeyp
03-17-2008, 02:47 PM
I love the way Rafer got all butthurt when Sasha fouled him. Hey, it was a nice move Alston did but what is Sasha supposed to do? I always think its funny when streetball guys like Alston and their followers act all nuts when they get fouled. Its almost like "I put this And 1 move on you so you are not allowed to foul me, you have to just sit there and watch" Fuck that. Alston was trying to embarass the guy pure and simple, so Sasha decides to get non-Euro and smack Alston. Mono was right, if he had tried to pull that back then, he would have been carried off the court...assuming he even made the league.

I am all for having fun but if Rafer Alston is going to revert to his And 1 days, he cannot expect everyone to just sit back and watch.

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Didn't we already go through this with Portland earlier in the season? They had a monstrous winning streak where everyone on their team was playing out of their minds and they eventually came back down to earth. The same thing will happen to the Rockets.

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Didn't we already go through this with Portland earlier in the season? They had a monstrous winning streak where everyone on their team was playing out of their minds and they eventually came back down to earth. The same thing will happen to the Rockets.
Oh wow.

Houston>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Portland.

Seriously, that was dumb, but hey, looks like your Lakers came back down to earth after that 10-game winning streak.

Cry Havoc
03-17-2008, 02:57 PM

Exactly. So why not let them have their fun? They probably need the attitude and swagger that Alston brought. I bet that the next game, Vuj comes out like a hot-head and gets a couple of cheap fouls. If you can get into the head of another player, you absolutely want to take that opportunity to give your team a mental edge.

noone in particular
03-17-2008, 03:13 PM
yup that was pretty classless by alston.. it was one of those 'act like you have been there before' moments..

This quote coming from a fan of a team with Bruce Bowen on it. And of course you don't think some things Bruce Bowen does is classless?

dirk4mvp
03-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Good point about Cousy. How often do you see this in today's NBA??

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nkrIrZcR42o&feature=related

You're an idiot. Yeah we never see a few fancy passed in today's nba...

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Oh wow.

Houston>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Portland.

Seriously, that was dumb, but hey, looks like your Lakers came back down to earth after that 10-game winning streak.

Not really without Yao Ming your team is T-Mac and a bunch of 3-pt shooters. It makes no sense on paper why you are winning 22 in a row, much like it made no sense how POR was able to rattle their impressive streak. POR came back down to earth when their jumpshooters stopped shooting a ridiculous percentage, which is exactly what will happen to HOU when their shooters come off this hot streak.

And the Lakers losing has everything to do with star players being injured and nothing to do with them being a fluke team. Funny how nobody was talking shit about the Lakers when we had Gasol, now that he is out for a week or two the smack talk begins.

E20
03-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Rafer was gonna stab him.

noone in particular
03-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Not really without Yao Ming your team is T-Mac and a bunch of 3-pt shooters. It makes no sense on paper why you are winning 22 in a row, much like it made no sense how POR was able to rattle their impressive streak. POR came back down to earth when their jumpshooters stopped shooting a ridiculous percentage, which is exactly what will happen to HOU when their shooters come off this hot streak.

And the Lakers losing has everything to do with star players being injured and nothing to do with them being a fluke team. Funny how nobody was talking shit about the Lakers when we had Gasol, now that he is out for a week or two the smack talk begins.

You supposedly had the best player in the league on the floor against a bunch of people you have no regard for. Every announcer had Kobe down for 60 points. Also funny nobody mentions the rockets are without a 7'6" player giving double-doubles every night.

Without Pau, your team is Kobe and a bunch of what? So I guess we're even. (Kobe didn't even want to be on the team. I guess he knew what was up way in advance)

hater
03-17-2008, 03:44 PM
This quote coming from a fan of a team with Bruce Bowen on it. And of course you don't think some things Bruce Bowen does is classless?

now that you mention Bruce. I would have loved to see Alston try that shit on Bruce. :smokin

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 03:49 PM
You supposedly had the best player in the league on the floor against a bunch of people you have no regard for. Every announcer had Kobe down for 60 points. Also funny nobody mentions the rockets are without a 7'6" player giving double-doubles every night.

Without Pau, your team is Kobe and a bunch of what? So I guess we're even. (Kobe didn't even want to be on the team. I guess he knew what was up way in advance)

Like I said as long as Reefer can score 30pts a night and shoot 8/9 from 3pt land you aren't going to lose many games. When this stops happening, which WILL happen, you will start losing games and come back down to earth. It's called the law of averages, and it will happen to your team.

That's why championship teams almost always have dominant post players. They provide you easy buckets that they can get night in and night out. Without that production it is extremely difficult to win a ring.

Indazone
03-17-2008, 03:49 PM
now that you mention Bruce. I would have loved to see Alston try that shit on Bruce. :smokin

You might actually get your chance on the 30th.

robbie380
03-17-2008, 03:50 PM

are you really this stupid? wait...i am stupid for asking you that question. nevermind.

do a little research.

monosylab1k
03-17-2008, 03:57 PM
or Robert Horry.

noone in particular
03-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Like I said as long as Reefer can score 30pts a night and shoot 8/9 from 3pt land you aren't going to lose many games. When this stops happening, which WILL happen, you will start losing games and come back down to earth. It's called the law of averages, and it will happen to your team.

That's why championship teams almost always have dominant post players. They provide you easy buckets that they can get night in and night out. Without that production it is extremely difficult to win a ring.

I agree. I think that will lose this week. It has to end some time. The only reason I'm commenting on this is how quickly a team can be disregarded because the players aren't superstars.

I can make the same argument about Rafer's shooting was bound to improve because he wasn't that good earlier this year.

The bottom line is the game was over. Phil Jackson said it was over when he took Kobe out. If you look at the clip, Sasha was trailing Rafer to the basket. Rafer tried to pull out and dribble the clock out. Sasha got in his face. Now everyone wants to say he's classless because Rafer dribbled fancy. Sasha gave Rafer a frustration foul. ANYBODY getting a frustration foul when the game is basically over will not take kindly to it.

Spurs fans, I know you hear the Spurs is a boring team all the time. If your team scored 160+ points like Denver did yesterday and tony parker got fouled intentionally being up 52 points with 1 minute left in the game, would you be upset? Would you call your team classless for running up the score?

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree. I think that will lose this week. It has to end some time. The only reason I'm commenting on this is how quickly a team can be disregarded because the players aren't superstars.

I can make the same argument about Rafer's shooting was bound to improve because he wasn't that good earlier this year.

The bottom line is the game was over. Phil Jackson said it was over when he took Kobe out. If you look at the clip, Sasha was trailing Rafer to the basket. Rafer tried to pull out and dribble the clock out. Sasha got in his face. Now everyone wants to say he's classless because Rafer dribbled fancy. Sasha gave Rafer a frustration foul. ANYBODY getting a frustration foul when the game is basically over will not take kindly to it.

Spurs fans, I know you hear the Spurs is a boring team all the time. If your team scored 160+ points like Denver did yesterday and tony parker got fouled intentionally being up 52 points with 1 minute left in the game, would you be upset? Would you call your team classless for running up the score?

The Rockets have a LOT to look forward to when they get Yao Ming back. Two superstars, and finally a supporting cast worth talking about. They will be very scary next season (assuming Ming and McGrady don't go down).

dave
03-17-2008, 04:13 PM
hahahaha
fuck vujacic

fuck alston too

bdictjames
03-17-2008, 04:30 PM

Yes. But knowing Pop, he would never do that. Even only up by 20, Pop would sit Tim, Manu, and Tony down.

cheguevara
03-17-2008, 04:31 PM
he should have kicked him in the balls

bobbyjoe
03-17-2008, 04:42 PM

1) A 13 game streak is a lot different than going 31-3 which is what Houston did since going 15-17. A lot easier to get hot for 13 games and overachieve than it is for 34. That's nearly triple the length of Portland's run.

2) Portland wasnt staunch defensively like Houston is now. When you have a great D, you're always going to be in ballgames. And you can win some in an ugly or seemingly "lucky" fashion, as Houston has several times in the streak.

I still like LAL to come out of the West, but the D must improve...

DaDakota
03-17-2008, 04:46 PM
he should have kicked him in the balls

He couldn't catch him...

:D

DD

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 04:51 PM
1) A 13 game streak is a lot different than going 31-3 which is what Houston did since going 15-17. A lot easier to get hot for 13 games and overachieve than it is for 34. That's nearly triple the length of Portland's run.

2) Portland wasnt staunch defensively like Houston is now. When you have a great D, you're always going to be in ballgames. And you can win some in an ugly or seemingly "lucky" fashion, as Houston has several times in the streak.

I still like LAL to come out of the West, but the D must improve...

For a supposed LAL fan you certainly talk a lot about HOU. In fact that's all you talk about.

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2008, 05:07 PM
For a supposed LAL fan you certainly talk a lot about HOU. In fact that's all you talk about.
He talks reason.

san antonio spurs
03-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Both PGs are imature. They had it for each other all game.
On this particular play Sasha is stupid trying to D hard on a player running out the clock when the game is over. He's even more stupid for soft fouling Rafer. If you want to make a statement to someone showing you off, you foul hard; not that soft wrap around that gave Alston 2FTs without any message sent.

Rafer is stupid for going streetball on an NBA court on national TV and is even more stupid for going gangsta on a tick tack foul trying to prove his manhood.

Stupid players like these cost you games in the playoffs.

Agloco
03-17-2008, 06:26 PM

<cue background music>
I see your true colors shining through........

The Franchise
03-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Dazed and Confused. :dizzy

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 06:33 PM
^At least my team's best player isn't a dumbass And 1 street thug. Wait until his little shooting streak comes to an end and you'll be throwing your remote at the TV.

The Franchise
03-17-2008, 06:37 PM

Pau Gasol=Wilt Chamberlain :rolleyes Everyone is Shivering in their boots because of a guy who makes T mac look like an ironman? Get used to Gasol being injured I have a feeling it won't be last time.

DazedAndConfused
03-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Says the guy whose star players are T-Back and Youch!

The Franchise
03-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Not T Back IRONMAN!!! :p:

Indazone
03-17-2008, 06:50 PM
I like T-backs

http://www.eluslim.org/shop/media/TbackBikini.JPG

Banzai
03-17-2008, 08:01 PM
I guess this is pretty much expected. Opposing teams fans going off and saying it was classless and Rockets fans watching it and laughing.
what did you expect?

kuato
03-17-2008, 08:09 PM
I don't like that kind of behaviour on a professional basketball player.

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2008, 08:17 PM
What did he do that was so bad? Trying to dribble out the clock, but some guy with a big ego tries to defend him extra hard when the game is already out of hand?

blink
03-17-2008, 08:55 PM
What did he do that was so bad? Trying to dribble out the clock, but some guy with a big ego tries to defend him extra hard when the game is already out of hand?

that's what i want to know. i didnt see anything "and1" about it really. sasha was trying to play hard D when the game was obviously over and skip juked him so he'd get off his case.

however, i dont see why alston got pissy about the foul. it wasnt too hard or flagrant from what i saw

Matchman
03-17-2008, 09:04 PM
^At least my team's best player isn't a dumbass And 1 street thug. Wait until his little shooting streak comes to an end and you'll be throwing your remote at the TV.
we already did. any hot shooting by rafer is icing on the cake. we dont need hot shooting by him to win.

on the other hand, at least my team's PGs are not dumb enough to go under the pick on a hot shooter. Wait until Fisher and Farmar pull some dumb moves like this and you'll be throwing your remote at the TV, too. :toast

dickface
03-17-2008, 09:05 PM
I like T-backs

http://www.eluslim.org/shop/media/TbackBikini.JPG
got DAMN she is a butterface.

mavs>spurs2
03-17-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm not even gonna lie, dickface is probably my all time favorite poster..along with JeffDynasty and some other dynasties among others

Banzai
03-17-2008, 09:16 PM
got DAMN she is a butterface.
:lol :stirpot:

dickface
03-17-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm not even gonna lie, dickface is probably my all time favorite poster..along with JeffDynasty and some other dynasties among others
you damn right.

The Nba Is Rigged
03-17-2008, 09:18 PM
That makes me want the Rockets to lose even more, I don't mind if Alston did that during the game but when the outcome had clearly been decided he still wanted to showboat. That was classless, I hope kobe and co dunk on Alston next time.

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2008, 10:36 PM
That makes me want the Rockets to lose even more, I don't mind if Alston did that during the game but when the outcome had clearly been decided he still wanted to showboat. That was classless, I hope kobe and co dunk on Alston next time.
You can't be serious. Watch what Sasha is doing when Rafer is trying to dribble it out to half court. Sasha is defending him extra hard and trying to steal the ball. All Rafer did was dribble out.

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2008, 10:39 PM
This video is better:

HYFQAo6NS-0

spurms
03-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Chris paul could only dream to have his handles :rolleyes , cp3 wished he was only half as good and he did be happy.

GetNashty
03-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Rafer definitely acted poorly, but don't let Sasha's poor-sport ass off so easy. The guy basically punched Rafer in the chest. There was no reason to foul him the way he did. He's just a poor sport LA Faker.

TheNextGen
03-18-2008, 02:43 AM
hmmm..i must have missed the ownage part of that video..looks like sasha was in front of him most of the time...didnt get faked out.

I guess I can put a chair in front of me..dribble under my legs a couple times..spin and tell everyone i owned the chair.

DaDakota
03-18-2008, 08:16 AM
I guess I can put a chair in front of me..dribble under my legs a couple times..spin and tell everyone i owned the chair.

I could do that too, but the problem is that whenever I tried to go between my legs, the ball keeps bouncing off the johnson.....

Such a problem to have.

;)

DD

GuerillaBlack
03-18-2008, 08:23 AM
hmmm..i must have missed the ownage part of that video..looks like sasha was in front of him most of the time...didnt get faked out.

Open your eyes and watch again. It is pretty obvious.

Nasir_Jones
03-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Maybe I have seen much too small of a sample size, but I've been keeping a close eye on Sasha Vujacic for the past 2 and a half months or so, trying to see how he acquired the nickname "the machine." And I just can't figure it out.

"The machine"??? really?? More like "the vagine"

The guy does one thing... he shoots wide-open, standstill 3-pointers.. which he is good at doing, but so are a lot of players in the NBA. And another,, thing.. the guy flops on offense almost as much as Manu Ginobili. The dives that he takes sometimes just disgusts me.

To his credit, he does play decent-good defense. But I still don't see how it warrants a nickname like "the machine."

TheNextGen
03-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Open your eyes and watch again. It is pretty obvious.

Once again..the obvious part is Sasha playing good D while all the dribbling exhibition was going on.

cash459
03-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Once again..the obvious part is Sasha playing good D while all the dribbling exhibition was going on.

what good D are you talking about?? :wtf

you're friggin blind. he played good D on the air that he thought was alston. alston shook that punk right out of his shorts.

youre a fool if you cant see that. THAT is why he fouled him, cuz he knew he got embarassed & didnt want it to keep happeneing.

DazedAndConfused
03-18-2008, 11:29 AM
This is a non issue IMHO. Let Reefer have his fun, I wasn't even offended by it, the Lakers put up a miserable performance in HOU and deserved to be embarrassed. We'll get em back in the post season when it matters.

TheNextGen
03-18-2008, 11:39 AM
what good D are you talking about?? :wtf

you're friggin blind. he played good D on the air that he thought was alston. alston shook that punk right out of his shorts.

youre a fool if you cant see that. THAT is why he fouled him, cuz he knew he got embarassed & didnt want it to keep happeneing.

Your a fool if you are impressed by that showcase. I didn't see any ankle breaking. I didn't see Sasha getting faked out. I see simple crossovers that shake people up harder than that. All "skip" did was dribble in front of sasha..do a couple spins.... Whooopty wooo...That's it. He might aswell done all that in front of a fire hydrant and he'd still be in the same place.

Sportcamper
03-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Sasha will learn that to a team like Houston…Beating the Lakers (even with all of their centers injured), is like winning the NBA Title…. :lol

DazedAndConfused
03-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Sasha will learn that to a team like Houston…Beating the Lakers (even with all of their centers injured), is like winning the NBA Title…. :lol

Maybe that's what got me so pissed off about HOU and their fans. Acting like they won a freaking championship over some meaningless regular season game. But hey if my team was irrelevant for more than a decade I'd probably feel the same way.

cash459
03-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Your a fool if you are impressed by that showcase. I didn't see any ankle breaking. I didn't see Sasha getting faked out. I see simple crossovers that shake people up harder than that. All "skip" did was dribble in front of sasha..do a couple spins.... Whooopty wooo...That's it. He might aswell done all that in front of a fire hydrant and he'd still be in the same place.

i didnt say anywhere in my post that i was "impressed" but there sure as hell wasnt any of that D that you were talking about. sasha jumps at where he "thinks" alston is going and alston tricked him.

If you call that defense, then there sure are a lot of guys down at my local gym that could make the nba

BLACKMAMBA24
03-18-2008, 06:06 PM
That's what i was wondring,I changed the channel right before his fast dribbling showcase.I saw it on youtube today and was confused.Folks were talking like he did something.Still a bum,a two in a ones body.