PDA

View Full Version : League trying to wear Spurs down

ehz33satx
03-17-2008, 01:14 PM
With this rigorous March schedule, and just coming off the annual Rodeo Road trip, I think the league is trying to wear the Spurs down before they even hit the playoffs. Other contenders started off with a hard schedule and are finishing up with a soft schedule. The Spurs started with soft schedule and now are going through a tough stretch of the season.

DarrinS
03-17-2008, 01:16 PM
I thought only Phoenix fans were this conspiratorial.

bdictjames
03-17-2008, 01:16 PM
:lol

Spurs fans should be the last fans to worry about conspiracies.

xtremesteven33
03-17-2008, 01:40 PM
With this rigorous March schedule, and just coming off the annual Rodeo Road trip, I think the league is trying to wear the Spurs down before they even hit the playoffs. Other contenders started off with a hard schedule and are finishing up with a soft schedule. The Spurs started with soft schedule and now are going through a tough stretch of the season.

YEA IT MAKES SENSE BUT HARD TO FATHOM....DAVID STERN DOES NOT WANT TO SEE THE SPURS IN THE NBA FINALS ANYMORE....NOBODY DOES....ITS SAD, THAT THE DUNCAN ERA WILL HAVE THIS KINDA SAD AND PATHETIC ATTENTION FROM THE STUPID SPORTS MAINSTREAM MEDIA....

ChumpDumper
03-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Quit whining.

703 Spurz
03-17-2008, 01:49 PM
You're embarassing our fanbase man, stop with the pussy whining.

Obstructed_View
03-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Since there's three to four days between many playoff games, the Spurs should be fine as long as they actually make the playoffs. If they don't then they'll have all summer to rest.

DAF86
03-17-2008, 01:57 PM
i agree. people don't be naive the NBA is all about business. do you think that stern wants the NBA finals ratings to suck like every time the spurs are in it? he is going to do everylegalthing he can to fuck the spurs up.
But we have news for you...IS NOT GOING TO WORK JACKASS :ihit

freemeat
03-17-2008, 02:01 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/bpgalloway/drunk_scotch.jpg

WildcardManu
03-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Even if it were true, "Los" Spurs are going to bitch slap everyone through the playoffs no matter what spot they land in.

DAF86
03-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Another proof that the NBA is against the spurs:
They did everything the could to prevent cuban of screwing the only team that had a chance of beating the spurs in a playoffs series. :lol
...thank god for mark cuban

J.T.
03-17-2008, 02:21 PM
The league hates the Spurs so much, they let us win 4 championships.

ancestron
03-17-2008, 02:37 PM
David Stern doesn't make the ball go through the hoop.

DAF86
03-17-2008, 02:39 PM
David Stern doesn't make the ball go through the hoop.
but he can make you play 18 games in a month

The Franchise
03-17-2008, 02:46 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/bpgalloway/drunk_scotch.jpg
:lol

Extra Stout
03-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Bitching and moaning while making claims contrary to fact is supposed to be the domain of Suns fans. If Spurs fans are going to turn into Suns fans every time the team hits a losing streak, then the Spurs are going to have to start vetting who can root for them.

atxrocker
03-17-2008, 02:58 PM
this thread made me lol.

ehz33satx
03-17-2008, 03:20 PM
this thread made me lol.

I am serious. The league wants it Lakers-Celtics. Big business does not want Spurs in the Finals, much less Sacramento! Plenty of money to be lost if that happens.

CubanMustGo
03-17-2008, 03:22 PM
I am serious. The league wants it Lakers-Celtics. Big business does not want Spurs in the Finals, much less Sacramento! Plenty of money to be lost if that happens.

Which is why they let SA into the Finals four of the last nine years, right? GTFO, whiner. If the Spurs have a tough stretch now it's balanced by easy stretches at other parts of the season.

Manu's Bald Spot
03-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Yeah it's a rough schedule, but who said it was gonna be easy to repeat? There's a reason there are only a few teams that have done this over the history of the NBA. Not saying we can't do it, but considering our age, spurs fans had to know it was gonna be grueling to get the repeat. I have faith we can turn it on for the playoffs, hopefully the team doesn't lose their legs for the May run

ancestron
03-17-2008, 03:25 PM
THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY.

Are you a troofer, too?

"What about Building 7!!?!?!??!"

E20
03-17-2008, 03:25 PM
I think Ploto gave out the schedule list of all teams have to play a grueling schedule in March and they were all top teams in the west.

ehz33satx
03-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Which is why they let SA into the Finals four of the last nine years, right? GTFO, whiner. If the Spurs have a tough stretch now it's balanced by easy stretches at other parts of the season.

And every Finals the Spurs are in, considerably less and less people tune in to watch. The league losses money.

freemeat
03-17-2008, 03:31 PM
...does not want Spurs in the Finals, much less Sacramento!

Who brought up Sacramento?

DarrinS
03-17-2008, 03:32 PM
THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY.

Are you a troofer, too?

"What about Building 7!!?!?!??!"

Isn't Mark Cuban a troofer?

duncan228
03-17-2008, 03:33 PM
I think Ploto gave out the schedule list of all teams have to play a grueling schedule in March and they were all top teams in the west.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89691

Just like we just had this 8 games in 11 nights crap other teams will have similar schedules:

Rockets:

Sun, Mar 16 LA Lakers
Tue, Mar 18 Boston
Wed, Mar 19 @ New Orleans
Fri, Mar 21 @ Golden State
Sat, Mar 22 @ Phoenix

5 games in 7 days.

Lakers:

Sun, Mar 16 @ Houston
Tue, Mar 18 @ Dallas
Thu, Mar 20 @ Utah
Fri, Mar 21 Seattle
Sun, Mar 23 Golden State
Mon, Mar 24 @ Golden State

6 games in 9 days.

Hornets:

Sun, Mar 16 @ Detroit
Mon, Mar 17 Chicago
Wed, Mar 19 Houston
Sat, Mar 22 Boston

4 games in 7 days (not as bad, but Detroit, Houston, and Boston all tough games)

Suns:

Sat, Mar 22 Houston
Mon, Mar 24 @ Detroit
Wed, Mar 26 @ Boston
Fri, Mar 28 @ Philadelphia
Sat, Mar 29 @ New Jersey
Mon, Mar 31 Denver
Tue, Apr 1 @ Denver

7 games in 11 nights. (Again, not as bad, but mostly all tough games.)

Welcome to the NBA- March 2008. I am so tired of reading Spurs fans whine about the schedule when EVERY team has to face this.

Rockets have 11 games in 18 days-- without Yao.

Raptors have 11 games in 19 days-- 8 on the road and without Bosh.

Lakers have 11 games in 20 days-- most probably without Gasol and Bynum

Utah has had 11 games in 20 days.

It is the nature of the schedule for every team this time of the year.

DarrinS
Who brought up Sacramento?

Are they still in the league?

SpurOutofTownFan
The amount of whinning in this forum has reached new levels of "patheticism"

Then the spurs blow some team out and play seemless BB and all these people post the team is the best in the world.. etc.. zero credibility.

sribb43
03-17-2008, 03:35 PM

that must be the case bc the Lakers have a very difficult stretch this late in the season as well @NO, @hou, @dal, @Utah

oh ya and dont forget about the C's stretch

Utah, @SA, @Hou, @Dal

CubanMustGo
03-17-2008, 03:36 PM
And every Finals the Spurs are in, considerably less and less people tune in to watch. The league losses money.

Ah, I see, you're a Phoneyix fan.

Even if that were the the case (and it's not, the league gets its money from television contracts that were signed years in advance), the trend has been going on long enough that if the league wanted to do something about it, SA wouldn't have been allowed to sniff the Finals after the '03 championship.

But don't let logic get in the way, you obviously haven't so far so why start now.

And gotdammit I hate it when I have to agree with Ploto.

Gino
03-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Isn't it funny that, at the time, ESPN and was vigorously promoting the Spurs/Pistons finals in 2005.

"Top ten resasons you should watch!"

"Basketball at its best!"

And now they openly claim they don't want to see another dreaded Spurs/Pistons matchup.

Hey, at least that was better than Spurs vs. Cavaliers!

ancestron
03-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Isn't Mark Cuban a troofer?

I wouldn't be surprised.

hsxvvd
03-17-2008, 05:01 PM
I've never understood the conspiracy theories that have the NBA and Stern against the Spurs. Given Stern's consistent efforts to 'clean up' the game from the selfish, gangster image of the 90's, I would have thought the nice guy, team orientated, respectable image of the spurs is what he'd like.

If anything, there are conspiracies against the 'Spreewells" of the league.

Obstructed_View
03-17-2008, 06:17 PM
David Stern hates the Spurs. That's why he ignored the black and white rule and overturned the suspensions against Diaw and Amare. They should have been suspended but because everybody wanted him to overlook it, and because he knew the Suns were the more glamorous matchup, he allowed them to play. That, combined with Bowen's two game suspension was enough to help the Suns advance only to lose in six games to the eventual champions, the Utah Jazz, who swept Cleveland in the lowest rated sporting event in the history of TV ratings.